You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Containment thread, Site Issues

Comments

• ozzieowenozzieowen Member Posts: 7
    Same for me....constantly getting the reload table thing
  • RLT16RLT16 Member Posts: 1,433
    also having issues tonight, literally disconnecting every hand in the £22 BH was on for my third win in 7 days ;)
  • tsarinatsarina Member Posts: 177
    I had to stop playing again due to the problem. Its a frightful nuisance. Luckily it was rather late so I didn't waste the evening.
  • TimmyRaRaTimmyRaRa Member Posts: 914
    Went super bad around 1.00am like every hand pretty much.
  • darsh11darsh11 Member Posts: 56
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

Sorry about this, the office have been made aware.

Some changes are being made during the site outage scheduled for 0530 this morning, let's hope that does the trick.

There's nothing else that can be done right now I'm afraid. I would advise against registering for any new MTT's or DYM's unless or until the problem clears.

• darsh11darsh11 Member Posts: 56
    darsh11 said:

Was playing the same tables as Timmy and it was bad for most players.

Morning.

Just wanted to update you on where Sky Poker are at with all this.

As you know, the same issue as Sunday flared up again overnight, briefly at 10.38pm & then rather more sustained between 0100 & 0130 this morning. There have been no issues since, but of course the site is very quiet in the early hours.

After Sunday's incident, a team of Techies were assembled to try to diagnose the cause, & they spent all day Monday & Tuesday working on it, coming up with various possible/probable causes. An Outage was then scheduled for 0530 this morning to address the issues found, then run a simulated load test to see if the problems recurred.

Everything went well with the changes & load test. However, as you know, there's nothing like the real thing to test the site. Hopefully, the problem has now been resolved, but it's not possible to be certain.

If further, similar issues arise, please post them on this thread exactly as you have been doing- it really helps.

• StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,136
    edited June 2020
    Tikay10 said:

Morning.

Just wanted to update you on where Sky Poker are at with all this.

As you know, the same issue as Sunday flared up again overnight, briefly at 10.38pm & then rather more sustained between 0100 & 0130 this morning. There have been no issues since, but of course the site is very quiet in the early hours.

After Sunday's incident, a team of Techies were assembled to try to diagnose the cause, & they spent all day Monday & Tuesday working on it, coming up with various possible/probable causes. An Outage was then scheduled for 0530 this morning to address the issues found, then run a simulated load test to see if the problems recurred.

Everything went well with the changes & load test. However, as you know, there's nothing like the real thing to test the site. Hopefully, the problem has now been resolved, but it's not possible to be certain.

If further, similar issues arise, please post them on this thread exactly as you have been doing- it really helps.

Hi @Tikay10

Yes the problems between 1.00am and 1.30am were very frequent, it looked like they were doing that IT trick of "bouncing the server" several times, while traffic was low.

However I would like to point out that between this time was the Final Table of Sky Poker's biggest buy in event of the day, The Summit.

I am not saying that SkyBet were bouncing the server, but if they were then they need to wait for these "high profile" Final tables to finish as the pay jumps are big and it's not nice for those adversely affected.

Screen reloads were required in excess of 15 times by all of us at the final table and hands were missed, big blinds lost etc.

I was only single tabling at this time and was affected way less than my multi-tabling poker friends/opponents.

It was frustrating for me occasionally, but I also felt for my opponents who were more "tilted" by it than me, as I have a fast internet and was just single tabling.

It worked out OK for me, I managed to navigate through the troubles and win the MTT, but it's not the way I wanted it to happen.

My good friend @Alvez11 seemed particularly adversely affected.

Lets hope that it has genuinely been resolved now.

I appreciate it is a tough situation for you, but these 1.00am-1.30am times, whilst the traffic may be less is also the "money end" of all the big tournaments.

This is not a complaint, just to make you aware that whilst 1.00am may seem an insignificant time volume wise, it could well be the key time of the "feature" MTT's, as it was today.

Cheers,

Graham.

@StayOrGo

Thanks Graham & congrats on winning Summit.

I have to address this though;

"Yes the problems between 1.00am and 1.30am were very frequent, it looked like they were doing that IT trick of "bouncing the server" several times, while traffic is low.

However I would like to point out that between this time was the Final Table of Sky Poker's biggest buy in event of the day, The Summit.

I am not saying that SkyBet were bouncing the server, but if they were then they need to wait for these "high profile" Final tables to finish as the pay jumps are big and it's not nice for those adversely affected."

I need to be unequivocal & 100% clear on this - Sky Poker were not doing any work on the software at the time, or tweaking anything. As I explained above, they had already identified the probable/possible causes & that's what the Scheduled Outage between 0530 & 0630 was for.

edited June 2020
    OK fair enough @Tikay10, good that it wasn't consciously being bounced by Sky.

Just addressing the point really that when volume is low, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a "good time for outage to happen"

Clearly it was the most important stage of the Summit in this instance.

Hopefully all will be resolved now.
    StayOrGo said:

OK fair enough @Tikay10

Just addressing the point really that when volume is low, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a "good time for outage to happen"

Clearly it was the most important stage of the Summit in this instance.

I think Sky Poker understand that Graham - that's why Scheduled Site Outages always take place in the window between 0400 & 0700, & are notified to players well in advance.
    edited June 2020
    OK fair enough, just a bit frustrated, it was a victory that left a sour taste in the mouth, and I felt for my opponents. Obviously thrilled with the result, just not the way it happened.

I know scheduled outages are usually "well timed", I just thought it possible that some short notice "containment action" may have been being taken. However, you assure me that was not the case and obviously, I trust you completely.

Thank you for the feedback, I know the last few days would not have been easy for you, with these things happening. You do a FANTASTIC job, mitigating things and assisting everyone as much as you possibly can.

It is clear for everyone on the forum to see, that you are an amazing "asset" for both Sky Poker and us players. TY!
  • misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,284
    Happened to myself, for once, I feel entitled, to add, as specific exact times.

both times, single tabling, Monday evening, single tabling bounty hunter, one and three quarter hours deep, even posted, in real time,had got stacked, over 13, 000

Banjaxed the tourney for me

And, exactly as MAXALLY. and YouMad,state above Tuesday 10.38 pm, not only was I just single tabling, and in the exact same mtt as MAXALLY, max and I same table, as this went down, it kept, repeatedly happening, next hour, or so.

Thanks

• MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,269
    Looking forward to playing again tonight and hopefully the Site Maintenance has put things back in order.

If anyone suffers the problems again, and I need to point out that I'm not techy at all, but through trying a few different things when the table freezes, or you see that no one is dealt any cards, I have found that rather than using the RELOAD TABLE tab, if you CLOSE the table altogether (I usually use the Cross in the Top Right Corner) and then use the Pink LAUNCH TOURNAMENT tab in the Lobby/under the description of the Tourney (which I always have up)....... you generally re-open the table much quicker.... often in the hand you are playing.

I must point out I only usually play two tables maximum, so it might not be any good for the big multi-tablers, but this definitely works better for me

Hope this helps if needed for the future.

GOOD LUCK tonight everyone........ fingers crossed for a trouble free night :)
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,810
    MISTY4ME said:

Looking forward to playing again tonight and hopefully the Site Maintenance has put things back in order.

If anyone suffers the problems again, and I need to point out that I'm not techy at all, but through trying a few different things when the table freezes, or you see that no one is dealt any cards, I have found that rather than using the RELOAD TABLE tab, if you CLOSE the table altogether (I usually use the Cross in the Top Right Corner) and then use the Pink LAUNCH TOURNAMENT tab in the Lobby/under the description of the Tourney (which I always have up)....... you generally re-open the table much quicker.... often in the hand you are playing.

I must point out I only usually play two tables maximum, so it might not be any good for the big multi-tablers, but this definitely works better for me

Hope this helps if needed for the future.

GOOD LUCK tonight everyone........ fingers crossed for a trouble free night :)

This is what I was doing too, & it did seem to be a little quicker getting back to the table(s).
  • TsaaaarTsaaaar Member Posts: 368
    Well I've just had the most disappointing LiveChat with CC,firstly she didn't know of any problems that Skypoker had been having?? I'm not sure what to make of this :| and seems to contradict what @Tikay10 has posted on this thread.
    Surely the CC team are briefed on issues that customers may phone in about?
    She goes to find out and returns mentions the restart at midnight and if I took part in this,No I unreg'd from 8:30pm onwards,then I'm told she can't see that I had any issues and offers me an amount which along with that statement felt like a slap in the face.
    What I expected to be a simple matter,especially after a few on this thread being very complementary about CC and my own experience over the years,sadly has been anything of the sort. :(
    Tsaaaar said:

Well I've just had the most disappointing LiveChat with CC,firstly she didn't know of any problems that Skypoker had been having?? I'm not sure what to make of this :| and seems to contradict what @Tikay10 has posted on this thread.
    Surely the CC team are briefed on issues that customers may phone in about?
    She goes to find out and returns mentions the restart at midnight and if I took part in this,No I unreg'd from 8:30pm onwards,then I'm told she can't see that I had any issues and offers me an amount which along with that statement felt like a slap in the face.
    What I expected to be a simple matter,especially after a few on this thread being very complementary about CC and my own experience over the years,sadly has been anything of the sort. :(

@Tsaaaar

Sorry to hear that, as you note, those who have spoke to CC previously have all been very complimentary.

I can't promise it will help, but I'll certainly pass your comments up to the Poker Team.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    tomgoodun said:

Just been on live chat, excellent service thank you.
    James dealt with my issue in a friendly manner.
    Even said he’ll tweak the rng in my favour in the Micro Masters League this week.

“ Sorry for the inconvenience Thomas, the money will be in your account soon”
    Erm, anybody got any idea when soon is, from the utterance of the word to the receipt of dosh?
    tomgoodun said:

tomgoodun said:

Just been on live chat, excellent service thank you.
    James dealt with my issue in a friendly manner.
    Even said he’ll tweak the rng in my favour in the Micro Masters League this week.

“ Sorry for the inconvenience Thomas, the money will be in your account soon”
    Erm, anybody got any idea when soon is, from the utterance of the word to the receipt of dosh?
    @tomgoodun

Generally speaking, it should be instant.

Can you double-check it's not lurking in your account please Tom? - it might be under "Manual Transfer".