You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

No Jab, No Job?

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,520
    chilling said:

Sociopathic media rules OK!

The above articles were written by politicians.

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Covid-19: Labour calls for law to stop anti-vaccination fake news online

Labour is calling on the government to bring in emergency laws to "stamp out dangerous" anti-vaccine content online.

In a letter, Labour said there should be financial and criminal penalties for social media firms that do not remove anti-vaccine fake news.

It comes after this week's news that the world's first effective Covid vaccine - made by Pfizer and BioNTech - had seen positive early results.

The government said it took the issue "extremely seriously".

It said it had "secured a major commitment" from social media companies Facebook, Twitter and Google to tackle anti-vaccine content.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54947661

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

The weird thing is that the ones who are COVID deniers are the very same ones who are anti-vaccine. I really can't understand conspiracy theorists at all. It's anti-social & grossly irresponsible.
    They all appear to be far right crackpots as well.
    Definitely.
    chilling said:

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Labour is calling on the government to bring in emergency laws to "stamp out dangerous" anti-vaccine content online.

In a letter, Labour said there should be financial and criminal penalties for social media firms that do not remove anti-vaccine fake news.

It comes after this week's news that the world's first effective Covid vaccine - made by Pfizer and BioNTech - had seen positive early results.

It said it had "secured a major commitment" from social media companies Facebook, Twitter and Google to tackle anti-vaccine content.

The weird thing is that the ones who are COVID deniers are the very same ones who are anti-vaccine. I really can't understand conspiracy theorists at all. It's anti-social & grossly irresponsible.
    They all appear to be far right crackpots as well.
    Tikays quote is totally inaccurate, in fact unfounded.

Do a poll that doesn’t involve the media.

Those that need a vaccine should be advised to have one, then it’s their choice.

Not all elderly that have caught the virus have been ill. Speaks for itself.

Youngsters have a minute chance of getting ill.

What’s so difficult to understand?

You guys like your stats and percentages regarding hand playing, so why are you struggling with the stats that are known.

@hhyftrftdr , your ferrets been checked for the virus?

You are deluded, and clearly havent a clue.
    chilling said:

My ferrets are fine, thanks.

Appreciate your concern, but they are brown so you wouldn't like them.

Is that through the sh it that comes out your mouth? You’ve been talking to them?
    He would definitely get more sense out of his ferrets than you.
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Is that through the sh it that comes out your mouth? You’ve been talking to them?
    Are the ferrets affiliated to the mob too.
    Safety in numbers?

I suspect @hhyftrftdr is both racist and gammon. He likes to pull out the old” racist” card when he’s short of a reasonable response.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Safety in numbers?

I suspect @hhyftrftdr is both racist and gammon. He likes to pull out the old” racist” card when he’s short of a reasonable response.
    Ah man, and thought I'd hidden my bigotry so well for years.

Not much gets past far right crackpots, wp.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

And what about the self employed that run their own businesses.
    Are they going to fold because they refuse a jab? LMFAO.

No they should obviously be allowed to just carry on as normal and infect and kill others.
    Are you **** ting your pants?
    Have you forgotten that restaurants, pubs , shops etc have been open with no masks?

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Sociopathic media rules OK!

The above articles were written by politicians.
    So what? And amplified by the media.
    Politicians lie, remember 💡

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Safety in numbers?

You’ve finally been exposed. Thanks for the credit.
    chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Safety in numbers?

I guess it was fitting that a massive right wing crackpot racist old gammon did the exposure.

Which begs the question.....why are all right wing crackpots almost always racist old gammon?

Over to you, chilly one.

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Safety in numbers?

I guess it was fitting that a massive right wing crackpot racist old gammon did the exposure.

Which begs the question.....why are all right wing crackpots almost always racist old gammon?

Over to you, chilly one.
    Oh, I’m definitely not gammon,I’m cut.
    The red wall are all racists now it appears.
    Mostly up north too. I sense your uneasiness.

chilling said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Safety in numbers?

Over to you, chilly one.

Ah those barbs would work if I was a) up north and b) part of this red wall you speak of.

Alas you're wrong on both accounts.

Maybe stick to what you do best; being a crackpot little Englander who loves statues and hates Muslims, immigrants and black people.

chilling said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Safety in numbers?

Over to you, chilly one.

Ah those barbs would work if I was a) up north and b) part of this red wall you speak of.

Maybe stick to what you do best; being a crackpot little Englander who loves statues and hates Muslims, immigrants and black people.

See, that’s exactly what you do every time. You fall back onto pulling out the race card.
    Altogether, I have 9 mixed raced relations. I’m going to a big get together on Boxing Day if allowed by rules. I’ve had a few mixed race girlfriends too, but unfortunately poker isn’t their drug.
    Couldn’t give a flying f uck about any statues, why would I?

chilling said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Safety in numbers?

Over to you, chilly one.

See, that’s exactly what you do every time. You fall back onto pulling out the race card.
    Altogether, I have 9 mixed raced relations. I’m going to a big get together on Boxing Day if allowed by rules. I’ve had a few mixed race girlfriends too, but unfortunately poker isn’t their drug.

Wow, I was completely wrong, my apologies.

Based on what you've said, it's simply impossible for you to be an old slab of honking bigoted gammon.

I propose we build a statue of Chilling outside Sky towers to mark the occasion.

chilling said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Safety in numbers?

Over to you, chilly one.

Wow, I was completely wrong, my apologies.

Based on what you've said, it's simply impossible for you to be an old slab of honking bigoted gammon.

I propose we build a statue of Chilling outside Sky towers to mark the occasion.
    Sky Towers? That sounds like a capitalist institution. I’m surprised you associate yourself with such.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    @chilling

No insults from me. I’m just curious as to how you see this

You accept that Coronavjrus is deadly and has killed many thousands of people?
    Assuming you do agree with this then why would a vaccine that could save many thousands of lives not be a good thing?

Surely even if it is a very small % of people, as you state, who actually succumb to Covid would it not be marvellous that we could now save them?
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

I just cant comprehend how gullible you have to be to take any notice of it.

Those that refuse will infect and kill others.

However it is difficult to see how you could drag people, kicking and screaming to a GP surgery, tie them to a chair, and inject them.

Although I couldnt say that I wouldnt be in favour of it.

PLANDEMIC: Dr. Judy Mikovits states MILLIONS will be MASS MURDERED by the COVID 19 VACCINE!!!

http://www.vaccinehoax.com/

Gullible? What a plonker you are.
    You don’t think folks need to question stats, then make their own minds up?
    In the U.K. the virus is 24th in causes of death, mostly in vulnerable folks.
    Look at the” recovery “ rate.
    If this was allowed to be played out, the death rate would be lower than one percent, even lower than that if suitable treatments were known earlier, as they are now.
    So it’s likely you’ll have a 99.8% survival rate. Hence the need to rush out a vaccine as the death rate in percentage terms falls.
    So which particular vaccine will be taken? Some might work to a degree.
    Which countries choose their vaccines?
    There isn’t going to be a global one🤣. Breaking news! some countries don’t get on.😱
    Back to the U.K. So this “ vaccine” is going to be given to 375000 elderly that are forecast to die each year, and the years after.... Then not forgetting those who already have terminal illnesses, and those who will have the same in the future.

The biggest mistake imo from the start, was the guidance to isolate.
    This meant that folks who developed symptoms at home and were isolating, were getting worse by the day. That applied worldwide. Nobody knew what they were testing for.

Why do kids need vaccinating? Flu kills far more kids than this virus.
    Ask yourself why 3000 new cases per day is ok, but 25000new cases is not.
    It’s quite obvious that some would benefit from a jab, but the majority don’t need one.

China aren’t adding asymptomatic cases to their count, only folks with symptoms.

It will only be in future years that will prove any of the vaccines were any good, if needed at all.

So with a likely 99.8% “ survival” rate, at a stretch, as 8 out of 10 are asymptomatic, no questions need to be asked?
    Get a life.

Anti-vaxxers' gospel of fear: Reckless, dangerous and irresponsible... Dr MICHAEL FITZPATRICK launches a savage assault on the conspiracy theorists who want us to boycott the new wonder jab

Yet there is one group that, with reckless and shameful irresponsibility, is doing everything it can to thwart the best chance we have of returning to normality

What a difference 24 hours makes! In a glorious surge of joy and relief, the mood worldwide has turned following the announcement by pharma giant Pfizer of what we hope and pray is a successful vaccine against Covid-19.

Global share prices have rocketed, many of us are daring to think about travelling abroad next year, and the prospect of a normal family Christmas seems within reach.

This pioneering breakthrough represents the first real chance that the disease could be conquered — far earlier than many dared to hope.

Yet there is one group that, with reckless and shameful irresponsibility, is doing everything it can to thwart the best chance we have of returning to normality. It is, of course, the shrill anti-vaccination movement — better known as anti-vaxxers.

They promote pseudo-science, wild conspiracy theories and political propaganda to undermine the public health message on immunisation.

They regard the very idea of a jab — any jab, but particularly one targeted at coronavirus — as a brutal infringement of liberty or a dangerous medical intervention.

Now, more than ever, it is vital that we do not give in to their gospel of fear.

To most of us, the breakthrough by Pfizer and its partner BioNTech is a triumph — although we accept it is early days. But for the anti-vaxxers, it is a cue for scaremongering and drumming up hysteria.

Sadly, that is a message that resonates all too clearly with a sizeable chunk of the public. One recent poll found that 36 per cent of Britons say they are ‘uncertain’ or ‘very unlikely’ to be vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus if and when a vaccination becomes available.

For the sake of the nation’s health — indeed of global health — those numbers have to come down, and that means challenging the lies of the anti-vaxxers.

As a GP, campaigner for childhood immunisation and author of a number of books on vaccines, I understand absolutely the concerns people may have about safety and side-effects.

Exploiting the present climate of political mistrust, they peddle their dangerous dogma through social media and rallies, such as the 2,000-strong event in Trafalgar Square only a few weeks ago, at which the crowd chanted ‘We don’t need no vaccination’ to the tune of Pink Floyd’s Another Brick In The Wall

Yet noisily opting out is precisely what the anti-vaxxers do, urging others to follow them — and sadly they are all-too influential. Piers Corbyn, the brother of the former Labour leader Jeremy, has a large following on social media, as does Kate Shemirani, a former nurse whose irresponsible war cry is ‘pandemic, scamdemic’

Once the vaccines are widely distributed, the holy grail of ‘herd immunity’ should become a reality — and life can return to normal again.

That is why we need the widest possible take-up of the vaccine among all parts of the population, including eventually the young, even though they are often asymptomatic.

Having a jab is not just in the interests of the individual: it is an act of social responsibility. If too many people opt out, then the virus will continue to spread, putting millions of vulnerable people at risk.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8935677/Dr-MICHAEL-FITZPATRICK-launches-savage-assault-anti-vaxxers-want-boycott-new-jab.html
    Because of Anti-Vaxxers, 37 People in Europe Have Died of Measles This Year

An outbreak of measles is rampaging across Europe, taking a huge toll. In the first six months of 2018, there were 41,000 recorded cases of the easily preventable viral infection.

That six-month period saw nearly double the highest number of cases in a year since 2010 - which was 23,927 in the entire 12 months of 2017 - and lost 37 lives to measles. And according to experts in the US, that's what America could be facing too if parents don't vaccinate their children.

"We have a very serious situation," pediatric doctor Alberto Villani of Bambino Gesù Pediatric Hospital and the president of the Italian Pediatric Society in Italy told NBC.

"People are dying from measles. This was unbelievable five or 10 years ago."

And, yes, unequivocally, the reason for the severity of the outbreak is the fall in vaccination rates. In order to prevent outbreaks, at least 95 percent of the population needs to be vaccinated with two doses of the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine.

In some parts of Europe, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), vaccination coverage is at less than 70 percent.

"It's the main factor leading to the outbreaks," Anca Paduraru of the European Commission in Brussels told NBC. "It's unacceptable to have in the 21st century diseases that should have been and could have been eradicated."

Measles is already on the rise in the US. Last year saw Minnesota's worst outbreak in decades, and earlier this year there was an outbreak in New York City. There's an outbreak underway in Brooklyn right now, with six cases cropping up last week, all of them in unvaccinated children (one too young to have been vaccinated).

Last year, the US Center for Disease Control studied the growing number of measles outbreaks in the US, and found that 70 percent of new cases occur in unvaccinated patients.

As we reported then, the anti-vaccination movement has been growing in recent years, partially thanks to a dishonest (and since retracted) 1998 study by former physician Andrew Wakefield, who was struck off the UK medical register for misconduct.

Wakefield's study used deliberately falsified results to make the fraudulent claim that there was a link between the MMR vaccine and autism - possibly to eliminate a rival for the alternative measles vaccine he had patented.

Although subsequent research has found that there is absolutely no link between
    vaccines and autism, never mind a causal one, many still believe it and refuse to vaccinate their children - including the MMR vaccine.

That message is a lot more dangerous than you might think at first: if just five percent of a community refuses to vaccinate, this can have a disproportionate effect on public health, tripling the annual measles rate.

This, in turn, doesn't affect only the patients, but has an impact on the entire community - increasing hospital load and costing a conservative estimate of US$2.1 million for the public health sector.

https://www.sciencealert.com/measles-deaths-37-in-europe-america-at-risk-anti-vaccination-movement
    edited November 2020
    edited November 2020
    Gullible?

I was referring to the people that believe the nonsense spread by the anti-vaxxers.

What a plonker you are.

I will leave it for others to decide who is a plonker, and who isnt.
    Although putting a coherent argument together seems beyond you

You don’t think folks need to question stats, then make their own minds up?

No I dont, I think it is a social responsibility.

In the U.K. the virus is 24th in causes of death, mostly in vulnerable folks.

And?

Look at the” recovery “ rate.

Why?

If this was allowed to be played out, the death rate would be lower than one percent, even lower than that if suitable treatments were known earlier, as they are now.
    So it’s likely you’ll have a 99.8% survival rate. Hence the need to rush out a vaccine as the death rate in percentage terms falls.

The reason we need a vaccine is to reduce the spread of the virus, limit the number of deaths, create herd immunity and enable us to go back to business as usual.

So which particular vaccine will be taken? Some might work to a degree.

It is likely to be a number of different vaccines.

Which countries choose their vaccines?
    There isn’t going to be a global one🤣. Breaking news! some countries don’t get on.😱

And?

Back to the U.K. So this “ vaccine” is going to be given to 375000 elderly that are forecast to die each year, and the years after.... Then not forgetting those who already have terminal illnesses, and those who will have the same in the future.

No, the government will want to vaccinate everybody, with very few exceptions.

The biggest mistake imo from the start, was the guidance to isolate.
    This meant that folks who developed symptoms at home and were isolating, were getting worse by the day. That applied worldwide. Nobody knew what they were testing for.

I thought the reason for isolating people was to limit the number of people they would infect.
    I thought people were being tested to find out if they had the virus.

Why do kids need vaccinating? Flu kills far more kids than this virus.

To stop them infecting others, that arent kids.

Ask yourself why 3000 new cases per day is ok, but 25000new cases is not.
    It’s quite obvious that some would benefit from a jab, but the majority don’t need one.

I have asked myself, but I cant agree that 3,000 new cases per day is ok.
    The lower the number of cases the more manageable the test and trace becomes, the less pressure is put on hospitals, and fewer people die.
    Zero new cases would be ideal.
    Herd immunity is our best chance.
    This will require 95% of the population to be vaccinated.

China aren’t adding asymptomatic cases to their count, only folks with symptoms.

Good for them.

It will only be in future years that will prove any of the vaccines were any good, if needed at all.

That is why they test them first.
    How on earth would we get out of it without a vaccine?

So with a likely 99.8% “ survival” rate, at a stretch, as 8 out of 10 are asymptomatic, no questions need to be asked?

You should be PM.
    I am guessing that you didnt get many O Levels.

Get a life.

Nobody would have a life if we followed your plan.