You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

No Jab, No Job?

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,985
    chilling said:

And what about the self employed that run their own businesses.
    Are they going to fold because they refuse a jab? LMFAO.

As we stand, if you needed an electrician, or a plumber, wouldnt you be more likely to choose one that could prove he had been vaccinated over one that hadnt,
  • Options

The weird thing is that the ones who are COVID deniers are the very same ones who are anti-vaccine. I really can't understand conspiracy theorists at all. It's anti-social & grossly irresponsible.

They all appear to be far right crackpots as well.

Tikays quote is totally inaccurate, in fact unfounded.

Do a poll that doesn’t involve the media.

Those that need a vaccine should be advised to have one, then it’s their choice.

Not all elderly that have caught the virus have been ill. Speaks for itself.

Youngsters have a minute chance of getting ill.

What’s so difficult to understand?

You guys like your stats and percentages regarding hand playing, so why are you struggling with the stats that are known.

@hhyftrftdr , your ferrets been checked for the virus?

Were you trying to make a point with this post?

If so what was it?
  • Options
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

No they should obviously be allowed to just carry on as normal and infect and kill others.
    Are you **** ting your pants?
    Have you forgotten that restaurants, pubs , shops etc have been open with no masks?

Why would I?

The comment that you are referring to was made on another thread.

It was entitled confusion, and dealt with the confusing communication that the government was responsible for.

The point that I was making has clearly gone over your head.

I will try and explain it more simply.

At the time the government was insisting that they were following the science.

The rule was that if you entered a sandwich shop with a view to purchasing a takeaway, you had to wear a mask.

However if you intended to eat on the premises you didnt have to wear one.

You dont have to explain the difficulty of eating with a mask on.

I just wondered about the science.

The fact that those purchasing takeaways were at some risk, otherwise they wouldnt be instructed to wear masks.

How did the science eliminate this risk merely by consuming food in the same premises.

That was my point.

If it was safe for those consuming food, then why were the risks greater for someone popping into the same premises for a takeaway sandwich.

What made the risks greater?

Very similar to 30 allowed to a funeral, but only 6 to a wedding, and gyms shut in Liverpool, but open elsewhere in the same tier, golf and tennis ok one day, but not the next.

Its all very clear.
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

@chilling

No insults from me. I’m just curious as to how you see this

You accept that Coronavjrus is deadly and has killed many thousands of people?
    Assuming you do agree with this then why would a vaccine that could save many thousands of lives not be a good thing?

Surely even if it is a very small % of people, as you state, who actually succumb to Covid would it not be marvellous that we could now save them?

I thought they were good questions and well put.

He just has an aversion to questions.
  • Options
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Sociopathic media rules OK!

The above articles were written by politicians.
    So what? And amplified by the media.
    Politicians lie, remember 💡

Two of them were Tories.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    US-developed COVID vaccine 'more effective and easier to distribute than Pfizer's'

A US-developed vaccine has been shown to be 94.5% effective at protecting people from COVID-19, according to interim results.

Produced by Moderna, in collaboration with the US government's "Operation Warp Speed", the vaccine has also been shown to last for up to 30 days in household fridges and at room temperature for up to 12 hours.

It also remains stable at -20C, equal to most household or medical freezers, for up to six months.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/us-developed-covid-vaccine-more-effective-and-easier-to-distribute-than-pfizer-s/ar-BB1b35jy?ocid=msedgntp
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

As we stand, if you needed an electrician, or a plumber, wouldnt you be more likely to choose one that could prove he had been vaccinated over one that hadnt,
    I do need my boiler servicing, but I’d like him to just get on with it, and not stick his tongue down my throat.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Jac35 said:

@chilling

Jac35 said:

@chilling

No insults from me. I’m just curious as to how you see this

You accept that Coronavjrus is deadly and has killed many thousands of people?
    Assuming you do agree with this then why would a vaccine that could save many thousands of lives not be a good thing?

Surely even if it is a very small % of people, as you state, who actually succumb to Covid would it not be marvellous that we could now save them?

Ah, finally somebody without an agenda.
    It’s common knowledge that there are different strains of this virus, all of which will potentially have a different affect on different individuals. This all adds up to finding a vaccine that is suitable to treat all age groups and different states of health , near impossible.
    The media states the world needs billions of doses, why? Have the graveyards and crems been full of kids? 8 out of 10 that test positive have no symptoms, as their immune system have won the battle before it even started.
    You look at the worldometer charts, which can be confusing, but not when you search for the health stats and care systems for individual countries.
    It’s not just the “ standard” vulnerable that get hit. Some of those countries have bad diets and heavy drinkers to blame for their counts. Russia, Poland, Ukraine etc.
    I would focus more on the health aspect than a vaccine, prevention.
    So back to the vaccine.
    The elderly are the ones that are the coming off worse, by far.It’s also common knowledge that the elderly can easily get pneumonia after influenza. So why are big Pharma looking for a magic bullet for this virus, when the annual flu jab has about a 50% success rate? Who is responsible for the deaths in previous years for a poor performing vaccine?
    There are obviously going to be several vaccines, so who decides which one to go with?
    Nobody will know if they are any good for a couple of years imo.
    So when you look back, how many lives are going to be saved? Answer. You won’t know.
    If you believe the numbers ( which I don’t) this virus is still sitting very low on the causes of death this year.
    Something needs to change regarding the elderly populations health imo.
    Better diets, more exercise where possible. Spend money and research on that.
    I’ve worked in several care homes over the years. Same old routine,get them washed and dressed, then fed, then sit them down for hours on end. No wonder their immune systems are poor.( not as a care worker)
    Trying to find ways to improve the immune system of the elderly in the future is more important than vaccines imo.

Let’s see if all the pneumonia and influenza cases get mixed together with the Covid numbers this winter. I can answer that, you won’t know.
    So all in all,you won’t know what small % are saved by a vaccine(s) to fight another day.
    “ A good thing”? You won’t know.
    In fact, with so many elderly having so many different illnesses,you won’t even know if it was the vaccine that killed them.
    If it’s a bad winter for flu,then you won’t be able to make head nor tail of any of the numbers.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Two of them were Tories.
    So nobody will be allowed to move around the world without notification of having had a jab?
    And you rubbish Vespas conspiracy thread?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

No they should obviously be allowed to just carry on as normal and infect and kill others.
    Have you forgotten that restaurants, pubs , shops etc have been open with no masks?

Why would I?

It was entitled confusion, and dealt with the confusing communication that the government was responsible for.

The rule was that if you entered a sandwich shop with a view to purchasing a takeaway, you had to wear a mask.

The fact that those purchasing takeaways were at some risk, otherwise they wouldnt be instructed to wear masks.

How did the science eliminate this risk merely by consuming food in the same premises.

That was my point.

If it was safe for those consuming food, then why were the risks greater for someone popping into the same premises for a takeaway sandwich.

Very similar to 30 allowed to a funeral, but only 6 to a wedding, and gyms shut in Liverpool, but open elsewhere in the same tier, golf and tennis ok one day, but not the next.

Its all very clear.
    Following the science is one thing, applying the science to running an economy is another.
    This is something you have difficulty in grasping. Scientists do science.
    From early on,it was stated things would open and close,that’s was made quite clear.
    Exactly the same as over countries have done, or are doing.
    With the combination of the science and the plans they decide to trial,unfortunately we have an abundance of idiots that need to be factored into the equation.
    Do scousers work out?😱
  • Options
    A little tip.
    If you feel you might have symptoms, get checked out.
    Don’t sit at home and isolate, then call for an ambulance or go to the hospital under your own steam, with a nice bid viral load. There are too many idiots waiting until they are at deaths door before doing owt.( that is what Boris would like to tell the nation, but can’t.)
  • Options
    My next surgery will most likely be Friday.
    Make an appointment.
  • Options
  • Options
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

I do need my boiler servicing, but I’d like him to just get on with it, and not stick his tongue down my throat.
    Each to his own.
  • Options
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Two of them were Tories.
    So nobody will be allowed to move around the world without notification of having had a jab?
    Matt Hancock is contemplating making vaccinations compulsory.
  • Options
    chilling said:

A little tip.
    If you feel you might have symptoms, get checked out.
    Don’t sit at home and isolate, then call for an ambulance or go to the hospital under your own steam, with a nice bid viral load. There are too many idiots waiting until they are at deaths door before doing owt.( that is what Boris would like to tell the nation, but can’t.)

Or simply get vaccinated.

What is a bid viral load?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Why would I?

That was my point.

Its all very clear.
    Following the science is one thing, applying the science to running an economy is another.
    From early on,it was stated things would open and close,that’s was made quite clear.
    With the combination of the science and the plans they decide to trial,unfortunately we have an abundance of idiots that need to be factored into the equation.
    Do scousers work out?😱
    More deflection because you cant answer the question.

What are over countries?
  • Options
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Two of them were Tories.
    So you dont believe the Tories now?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Why would I?

That was my point.

Its all very clear.
    Do scousers work out?😱
    More deflection because you cant answer the question.

What are over countries?
    Over there🖕Over there 👉over there👇and over there👈

We are that thin island surrounded by all those wonderful fish, if you need help on your geography.🌍