You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 twitcher

Comments

• craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    MynaFrett said:

Hi Craig. I did enjoy the hand analysis last night and I thought you said some interesting things about studying and attempting to understand and implement a theory based strategy in general but then having to disregard it in spots because of how far people deviate from what is theoretically correct. I think what you were effectively saying is that if their range is much stronger or much weaker than it's supposed to be (and it often is in any given spot) then theoretically 'correct' play can quickly become bad/losing play in game and the real skill is in identifying those deviations (whether it's population tendencies or things unique to individuals) and adjusting accordingly... Poker in a nutshell I suppose. Maybe all that was obvious. I don't know. The game is hard.

I would love it if you were able to find the time this week (no worries if not) to have a little look at the hand I posted recently on the forum and analyse it for us from a theoretical perspective and then note any deviations you might make from theoretically optimal. Am I right in saying you have Odin? I thought I heard you mention Odin but I'm not 100% sure - I started having trouble with the stream (buffering, lag, freezing) last night and eventually had to just give up on it. This is unfortunately often the case when I can only stream Twitch in 1080 and don't have the option to knock it down to 720 in the settings. I'm very keen to watch more of your streams but it might not be possible when I'm trying to watch alongside my own session. I still don't know how this works from the streamers end on Twitch but is it at all possible to broadcast in 1080 but give the option to view at lower resolutions?

I could look at the hand later.

The way I like to look at theory these days is their are some spots where people over do theory play, other spots where their is a chance of people finding bluff but still worth noting and then other spots where people are still super nutted.

3bets pre(except for BB), defending vs 3bets, 33% cbet bluffs and calling vs 33% cbets are spots people most certainly over do and it's because they see poker streamers do it all the time not realizing not every position has requires to same combo to be defended vs a 3bet, not every board likes our strength to bet 33% or range cbet 33%, OOP does not like to cbet bluff the same weak air as in position and different boards require different backdoor draws to be defended.

Spots where the odd person can find a bluff or thin value but alot still won't find are 3bet bluffs with weak Axo and Kxo from the big blind, 4bet shoves large flop cbets, flop check raises as bluff, double barrells, turn over bets and turn donks. I would be careful in these spots and make note when ever you see a player do something like this with thin value or as a bluff because it will effect the EV of your overall range big style making hands.
    Actions like this are ones people most certainly still have a hard time defending against and it's because they happen the odd time in stream but not on a regular basis like the stuff I said in point 1

The spots I just know are still far too nutted are 4bet non all in bluffs at deep stacks, turn raises, triple barrell barrells, river over bets and river raises.This sort of theory play rarely occurs in game, making it hard for people to do in game since they don't see poker streamers do it on a regular basis. Also theory is known to turn weak value hands into bluffs in some of these spots especially the turn and river raises which is something you won't always expect to happen in game so if I were you I'd still go for over folds in these spots.
  • MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited March 2022
    ^^^

Excellent. Copied and pasted into my Poker Insights section on OneNote. Thanks.
    First Sunday stream following SPT and it should be a good one.

The plan today is play I poker and sky poker MTTs, I may try and sat some of the bigger events of GG but the I poker bounty hunters, £33 bounty hunter and Sunday major are gonna be the main focus of my game today.
    I will be starting around 4pm see you all then
    https://twitch.tv/craigcu
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Good luck Craig :)
    It's a big stream today.
    Day 2 of the $11 scoop is today and also day 2 of the $50 IPF phrase tournment is today. both with huge prizes on offer.

I will be starting My stream at 3pm but day 2 of scoop will Be starting at 5:30 I am currently 33/72 in that with 38BB.

I'm not sure where I stand in the day 2 on I poker but that doesn't start until 8pm also that is a phrase MTT similar to sky poker tour

I will also likely play the sky main.

Stream starts 3pm, day 2 of scoop is 5:30 and day 2 of the I poker MTT is 8pm

Actually I won't be starting until 3:30 at the earliest, their isn't much to play ATM
    Been a while since I last Streamed Sunday but will be getting a stream going today.

I will have mixture of GG sky and I poker MTTs but sky poker MTTS will be the feature ones. I'm certainly playing the £33 bounty hunter and Sunday Major.

I will begin roughly 7pm
    Now that waller is not streaming "sadly" I shall fire up a stream today.
    I will likely begin streaming at 7pm and hopefully I'll have some new sound effects
    Today I will fire up another stream. I haven't managed to sort out any more new sound effects but judging by last stream people appear to like them.
    The plan is to play I poker bounty hunters plus GG poker daily bigs along side some sky MTTs.
    It will begin around 7pm.
    I am feeling tired but I will give streaming a go today.

It will be a tiring one that's for sure and I might not be as excited as I have been but still it should be a fun stream with all the usual MTTS and sound effects.

I am gonna start the stream around 7pm

Hey all todays stream is starting a earlier that normal. It's starting at 1pm and for good reason. I am part of team robin poker team for the micro millions series on GG and the aim is for our team to make the most cash out out of all the teams in this event.
    I will be streaming it all and will update my diary on a daily basis

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,829

@craigcu12

Good luck with that Craig.

Is Robin that scouser lad who streams from the I-O-M?
    edited June 2022
    Tikay10 said:

@craigcu12

Good luck with that Craig.

Is Robin that scouser lad who streams from the I-O-M?

yeh. I've formed a great friendship with him and his dad pete robo. I'm gonna go to a darts event with them next year.
    My stream could be on a delay. I want to prepare my food and their is only really 1 MTT in the first hour anyway so their is no rush. It's certainly gonna be running by 2pm
    Day 2 of Team Robin Poker Micro Millions Grind is gonna be starting just minutes after this message.
    Apologies for late announcement but when you've had a really long day 1 streaming it's what you expect.
    Day 3 of the micro millions challange will be under way soon. I have a better schedule ahead of me for the remainder of the week so I know when to MTTs from my general schedule
    I will be starting my stream at 1:30
    Go team Robin
    edited July 2022
    It's the final day of Team robin micro millions challenge. I don't look to play that many of them but I will be playing the bigger micro millions events and see if I can take one down.

I will be playing lots of I poker MTTs and will have some sky poker MTTS as well.

I am looking to start stream around 3pm when the I poker part of my schedule begins.
    I'll be going live as I plan to have my first grind since the micro millions challenge.

The schedule itself well it's gonna be highly built around sky poker and I poker because their is something really concerning happing personally therefore I want to play the sites where I'm most mentally strong. Some might say don't play at all but that will just make me think about it non stop.

It will begin roughly 6pm
    I'm sorry to say I've cancelled this stream and it could be a while before I'm back because I'm really worried about the health of my mum at the minute.
    I do hope and prey this won't be very long but in the mean time I'm not gonna stream
    Things appear to be looking positive for my mum, she is recovering.
    Sunday is my favourite poker day of the week making it a good day to return to the stream. I'll be starting with multiple I poker MTTs and be playing multiple sky MTTs as the stream goes by

I'm gonna fire the stream up at 6pm.