You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

hope this horses to follow list, might help a few of the punters

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    edited February 2021
    I've been meaning to put up a TOP Irish conditional Jockey to look out for, and he hardly gets any rides, but he's GREAT Value for his 7lb Claim.....TOMMY BRETT.

I noticed him Dec.'19 at Fairyhouse, at the same time I wrote down two other Conditionals in UK to look out for ..... BEN JONES and BRIAN CARVER who are doing well this Season.

I believe TOMMY BRETT is as good as them. He's a good judge of pace, and very, very good in a finish. He won on Fou Diligence 3.25pm last Saturday at Naas. Worth a look guys, and a previous winner Grey Habit.

I'd LOVE to see him on a Tony Martin hold-up GAMBLE horse.

Keep your eye on him :)

P.S..... GREAT to see GOSHEN back to his BEST (even though he was getting 6lbs), Like you Paul, GOSHEN cost me packets when he unseated at the last in last Year's Triumph Hurdle, I'd been backing him all Year Ante-Post too. I've followed Gary Moore's Stable for Years, ever since I gave Golf Lessons to someone who did all Maintenance in the Yard, who gave me two horses to back, but I wasn't allowed to back them at Independent Bookies.....had to be with Big Firms...... BOTH hosed up ;)
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    😉 DAVID AVENESYAN 😉
    stops Josh Kelly..
    In round...... 6
    lose, another 4 betting points, at 11-2
    AVENESYAN to win in any of, 7 8 9 10 11 12
    David AVENESYAN to win the fight 16 points 5-4
    lose 4 betting points, win 20 betting points
    + 16 points profit
    Total betting loss, on day, 5.82 betting points
    near misses, on day, 2nd 11-4, 2nd 10-3,3rd 9-1,3rd 11-1,3rd 85-40 (17-8)😊 11-2 shot, above, beat a cigarette paper
    Running, All Bets, every Bet
    + 141.82 betting points PROFIT
    and, we try again on Sunday
    PriceJenius the VALUE SERVICE 😉
    if an apprentice racing manager (ess) takes up the offer, be able to post the full PriceJenius value service, FREE, for my forum chums, for ever

• Options
    Misty thankyou, and others,
    Any kernal of any angle, grateful for, and look into fully
    I will spend a good few hours, looking at T Brett's, rides

And, you knocked it out the park, Tony Martin, genius, you just had to work out the puzzle 👍
    Thanks, best wishes
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    another 7lb claimer more than useful Joe Williamson mainly up north with Ewart.
  • Options
    No i6s as you say the pony's form may be better than i thought,i like to be proved wrong once in a while,let's wait for the race draw and see if it's got an engine if it has then of 62 should go close.
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

another 7lb claimer more than useful Joe Williamson mainly up north with Ewart.

Cheers gpc....I'll look out for him. I like James Ewart as a trainer too, (Brian Hughes wouldn't ride for him otherwise). His horses are always turned out looking fantastic :)
  • Options
    I'm on my Favourite 2mile Chaser SCEAU ROYAL @ 4/1 3.00pm Newb. Sunday I can't believe it FELL last time, 'coz it's the Best and Fastest Jumper in Training imo......

and also EDWARDSTONE @12/1(e/w 7 places) 3.35pm Newb.

Hopefully the going will be the best it's been for AGES, which will be a MASSIVE help to both these horses :)
  • Options
    Gents, Misty and GPC..
    just watched the winning ride on Fou Diligence
    (watched it twice, will watch it another twice)
    my grandstand jockeys opinion

Very stylish, very polished, soft hands set the horse perfect every Hurdle, very confident throughout, a ride giving the horse confidence throughout, no hint of panic, very cool and composed, only two little 'taps' between the last 2, and then strong as an Ox, on the run in.
    Very, very impressive.

You two must have checked
    Tommy Brett is on one, making its handicap debut, tomorrow Navan.
    It's a price, and having looked through the form, got to give it a squeek.
    Add to Sundays investments
    Navan 16.35
    FORT WILLIAM (T. BRETT) makes its handicap hurdle DEBUT, with the tongue strap on FIRST TIME iteresting, especially under T Brett, having finished 5th of 16 over 2m 4f on heavy at Fairy House 2 weeks ago
    FORT WILLIAM 20-1 (22-1 vanished on me!)
    2.5 points each way a fifth odds 1 2 3 4 5 6 SKYBET
    everytime, I try to place a bet, whether a 1p or a £££££ chunk, get the, do you accept the price cut, every single bet, to which, I usually decline, but just to show

• Options
    Misty, pure genuine question
    Do you know (or can you find out, have they popped GOSHEN, over a fence?)
    Gary Moores former assistant trainer, David Wilson, I believe owns FANION, runs tomorrow DESTRUVAL in the care of the delectable Miss V Williams
    I thought FANIONS run, behind FIRST FLOW and POLITOLOGUE was 'quietly very very promising'
    I will find out, if right or wrong, just after 3pm,Newbury tomorrow.
    And Mr S.od Law, see your on Sceau Royal, without pulling up the form book,I take oath, on the book, Sceau at Sandown Dec 2017, in the race Tizard had Finians Oscar who was a very expensive ex Irish ptp talking horse, at that time, we backed Sceau win, and in rev fcast North Hill Harvey, as you know, Sceau very imposing fantastic looking horse, and, how close so often did Sceau get to Altior, a top top class animal,that day, at Sandown, I remember so vivid, with a real good friend, who knows the formbook upside down inside out, he had the same bet as myself, on my advice, and stood in silence throughout the race,having to listen to me, throughout, 'Terry this is going so well, Terry this is on the bridle'
    Misty, couldn't help myself, decided to pull up race recording, and blow me down, Hendos 'morning glory' horse, BRAIN POWER, totally forgot, that ran, and 'they did their monies' on that a right few times.
    Oh mate,.. that day, when it popped the 3rd last, me, telling my mate, this is swinging, then, I think course commentator Simon Holt.... languidly, Sceau Royal is absolutely cruising, Daryl Jacob smooth as silk, if great memories, of great days racing offends anyone, I apologise.
    Now, you give me dilemna! hope Sceau runs a cracker for you, dead heat! FANION & SCEAU 😊
    Best of luck, all, always
    Every single jockey, male female from pony club, and at all levels from top to bottom, always has my absolute respect, for doing what they do, opinions, are just that, it's a very hard grafting dedicated thing to do, and takes a **** of a lot of heart and commitment, dedication and guts

Just opinions, all of us, don't have to have a 1p on, always our free choice
    The poker lads, will tell you, misterpj a fish, fair enough, I don't take offence, just happen to disagree, but I've given up on that argument!

• Options
    Morning All
    easy on a Sundee morning 😊
    all bets we stand plus + 141.82 betting points
    My Cheltenham full ante post portfolio (more than happy with it) stands 210 betting points staked, I like nice neat round figures, and my very final two ante post Cheltenham bets feature the horse, in 2 bets, and Skybet is your bookmaker
    Mares Hurdle on the Tuesday
    CONCERISTA 30 points win at 6-5, and in the Skybet Specials Market, CONCERISTA to return the shortest sp (starting price) of any horse at the Festival, today, this morning skybet will lay you 4s CONCERISTA to return the shortest price, 10 pints win 4-1.

Sunday, 'we go again'
    13.40 Navan
    THE TRIGGER 14-1
    2.5 points each way a fifth odds 1 2 3 4
    16.35 Navan
    FORT WILLIAM 20-1
    2.5 points each way a fifth odds 1 2 3 4 5 6
    13.50 Newbury
    NORDANO 50s 33s,28s
    5.68 points WIN 50-1 and 2.5 points each way 33-1 a fifth odds 1 2 3 4 5 6 and 2.5 points each way 28-1 a quarter 1 2 3 4 total staked 15.68 points
    hoping Bryony gets some sort of tune out of Nordano, if anyone can, she can, Nordano really needs an uncontested, but, still cannot erase this from my punting memory,which was only 4 runs ago, and near a year to the day 😉

14.25 Newbury
    SECRET INVESTOR 8-1
    10 points each way a quarter 1 2
    15.00 Newbury
    FANION DESTRUVAL 8-1
    10 points each way a quarter 1 2
    ( has been heavily backed over last 36 hours, currently 7-2)
    15.35 Newbury
    THYME WHITE 25-1
    2 points each way a fifth odds 1 2 3 4 5 6
    THYME WHITE 14-1
    4 points each way a fifth odds 1 2 3 4 5
    SHAKE EM UP HARRY 22-1
    2 points each way a fifth 1 2 3 4 5 6
    THYME WHITE & SHAKE EM UP HARRY 1 point reverse forecast
    BUZZ 12-1
    5 points each way a quarter 1 2 3 4
    BUZZ & THYME WHITE 1 point reverse forecast
    FIFTY BALL 14-1
    3.5 points each way a fifth odds 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    BUZZ FIFTY BALL THYME WHITE
    half point combo fcast (3 points bet)
    make that a 40 point onslaught in the Tote Gold Trophy😉 Betfair Hurdle
    make that 105.68 points staked today, but don't, don't tell me Actuary 💋 or let on, I want one last little cheeky one;
    Newbury the last, the Bumper
    16.45 AUTONAMOUS CLOUD 16-1
    3.07 points each way a fifth 1 2 3

this race, every year have a 'right go at' usually the Saturday Newbury highlight, switched this year, if you are a real genuine 'proper racing fan' makes 'this old boy, sad' as it was always known as The Tote Gold Trophy since 1987 and before that The Schweppes and some proper proper horses have contested and won this,and placed in this, walk down memory lane follows
    Something,more than one horse, in this race, will go on to be, top top top class, always happens, historically, hope one or more, of my selections are just that.
    So many horses, not just the winners, of this race have gone on to be superstars.
    DEEP SENSATION, KING CREDO, LARGE ACTION, TRYING AGAIN,MYSILV, ROOSTER Booster.
    And the fastest slickest jumping hurdler, I have ever seen live, MAKE A STAND used to take lengths out of its oppenents at every hurdle, sometimes, when you go racing, the gambling Gods give you a leg up, on the 26th May 1987 I was at The Sandown evening meeting clerking for a 'cheap side cheap ring bookmaker' that would be the rails bookmakers, on the winning post side of the track not the main ring, 'oh' the first winning post our pitch, not the second winning post! yep, Sandown had, 2 winning posts.
    A well known face, asked for a right big lump on one (paid on cash)before the card even got underway, fella called Johnny Lights, this was an evening Sandown flat meeting, and this beautiful imposing big grey animal, came into my life, won me a week's wages that night, and plenty over the next few years, a little horse, trained by Michael Stoute called KRIBENSIS

The 1980s and 1990s racing scene, on course, was something very very special, best pro Punter, Simon McCarthy, (dodger) trainers and jockeys used to ask Simons opinion! not the other way around, Whizzy, if you went racing, you knew Whizzy, was my neighbour, and Simons 'one time squeeze' stunning stunning women, when he lost his life in 2002 in an rta on the way back from Stratford races, all the racing folk I knew, were in bits, so any sarcastic comments, stokefc, crack me up matey.

• Options
    At least Andrew Marr, not letting Matt Hancock off the hook.
    Body Language, Hancock spinning, all the evidence (established and proved, now!) MEDPRO, 225 million, untendered, for unusable PPE, disgusting.
    Read the Judges, words.
  • Options
    Here is what misterpj scribed, in this thread, on Friday
    any of you, with a trading mentality, just letting you know, its been hammered in the betting, currently 11-4 favorite with Skybet

• Options
    Sadly I lost touch with my friend in Gary Moore's stable about 7or 8 years ago, so I can't find out about him jumping a fence, certainly not a proper fence..... though with GOSHEN you can imagine it has bolted off with Jamie, and jumped a few hedges around the fields of his stables :D
  • Options
    I've just noticed one of my Horses to Follow from a couple of Years ago, is running in the first race at Newbury today (I don't do anywhere near as much study as you Paul, tending to concentrate on what I see) ........ The horse is called NOBBY (14/1). Hopefully Alan King can do a MESSIRE DES OBEAUX with NOBBY, though I can see him beingmore of a Long Term Handicap Plan, as NOBBY was a Top Class Bumper Horse.

Defo worth looking out for to see he retains any of his old ability ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    AGAINST ALL ODDS running for Laura Morgan in 1,30pm Market Rasen Paul @misterpj .... 6/1 SKYBET paying 4 places (6/1 with 365 paying 1/4 on 4 places)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

I've just noticed one of my Horses to Follow from a couple of Years ago, is running in the first race at Newbury today (I don't do anywhere near as much study as you Paul, tending to concentrate on what I see) ........ The horse is called NOBBY (14/1). Hopefully Alan King can do a MESSIRE DES OBEAUX with NOBBY, though I can see him beingmore of a Long Term Handicap Plan, as NOBBY was a Top Class Bumper Horse.

very promising keep on radar
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

MISTY4ME said:

very promising keep on radar
    Defo.....I think they'll be very pleased with that. Decent race worth watching a few times. DEFINING BATTLE for Skelton's worth following too, still pulling Harry's arms out coming round the Home Turn and stayed on nicely for 4th ;)
  • Options
    Have a great enjoyable afternoon
    gpc70
    the filly, Gosdens be a watch.. As in, no bet, not a shilling, at that kind of price.
    Tomorrow, shame about that double figure price 'you' were going to lay me 😉👍👍'

• Options
    Talking of jockey's anyone watch young dev win,jockey had no irons for 4/5ths of race 99%of jocks would of auto pulled up not young mr Morgan take a bow superb horsemanship,well worth watching if you didn't see it live.
  • Options
    Frost or Cobden you gotta be kidding me