You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

hope this horses to follow list, might help a few of the punters

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    Essexphil said:

MISTY4ME said:

vaigret said:

So much in common although Im a bit older as for GUY HARWOOD and PROVIDEO , big favourites of mine as well. Followed Bill O 'Gorman and Tony Ives very closely.

WELL DONE Paul @misterpj with TYGER BAY tonight :)

I don't bet on the All-Weather, and hardly ever on the FLAT either, but it's good to see you picking the winners.

I wouldn't give up on FIRE ATTACK. The stable obv. thinks it's good horse with the number of times it get's well-backed, but I think it will be better on better going, and the horse that beat it last Sunday THEDEVILSCOACHMAN (TDC) is a VERY,VERY good horse, with a fantastic turn of foot and a great attitude. I'm not surprised SKYBET boosted APPRECIATE IT to11/4 Fav. The only downside to TDC is that although Noel Meade is a very good trainer, he hasn't had many winners at the CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL, just 5 in total in 20 years, normally one every 4 or 5 years..... the good thing is, it's been 4 years since his last CHELTENHAM winner, and he has won the Supreme Novice Hurdle twice before.

I started writing this post a few days ago, but I've been having problems with the keys on lappy only working intermittently.... sends you BONKERS :s:s

I think we're all around the same age.....Loved PROVIDEO and PRIMO DOMINI (best horse Bill O'Gorman trained).....SPINDRIFTER |(multi-multiple winner) and the likes, when they could win loads of 2-y-o races. From memory didn't PROVIDEO win Brocklesby, first race of Flat Season at Donny, and then about 16 more races?

Great Memories :)

GOOD LUCK and HAPPY PUNTING ........we've got some very good racing to look forward to this weekend, and some warm weather too.....just hope the SUN doesn't get too low and half the hurdles and fences are omitted, though I think ASCOT and NEWBURY are usually ok on that score.

Anyone who knows Jez knows he has dedicated his life to fast women and slow horses.

Following a recent bout of bad health, his medical team have suggested he is getting a little old for wine, women and song.

From hereon Jez has vowed to give up singing :)
    LM FAO :D

Yeh Phil .....the COVID has affected my Chords...... I'll just have to gargle with LOTS of BEERS, G+T's, VODI+AnyPOP, CIDER and any WHINE ;)
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Thankyou, misty, vaig and gpc

Misty, as soon as you mention Primo Domini & Spindrifter and their like, hairs on neck stand on end! and for zero reason, instantly got me thinking about a fillly called Habibti that I 'fell in love with' aged 17! 1980 foal, she went unbeaten as a 2yo, was a pure sprinter, not a middle distance horse, won the last 4 races of her 3yo season, and what races, TimeForm horse of the year.
    Provideo, correct, won the Brocklesby 4 lengths on debut, and if you wish to relive the race, here you are, funny anecdote, Bill O'Gorman was intending to sell Provideo at the Doncaster yearling sales, but got kicked by a horse, didn't travel to the sales and neither did Provideo, O'Gorman kept the horse, who buzzed in on debut,and the rest, magical. hope a few enjoy The Brocklesby from an era when half the country watched the 2yo season curtain raiser.
    Provideo won the Brocklesby and the Champion 2yo Trophy, what a horse, always wore blinkers, always front run, still gives me goosebumps, today, but a lifetime love affair with racing does that too you.
    I genuinely have not a, clue how to post the link to this race? but if you put the details below in search, there's a race recording.

sometimes, when you scratch your head, with certain horses.
    Fire Attack very first bet when I started this very thread, put up evening before as a bet at 11-1 went of 11-2 (fell last after chasing the pace of a, tearaway leader) in the race that was Dreal Deals last winning run,on Sunday money obviously down 9-2 >85-40> sp 9-4,small field, held up last,supreme ride from Jack Kennedy, cruised into contention 2 out,looking a huge player, just rewatched Sundays race 3 times, horse very obviously got ability and an engine, 2 out ears pricked full of running.
    only thing, Fire Attack had multiple Chelters entries, all been scratched?
    Agree, bit better ground, the sort of horse it will all come right for, one day, in a huge field handicap(note to self, keep following Fire Attack carefully!)

Gpc70
    Conrad Allen Yard, ice cold since July 2020,not a single winner, until below, same owner has had, TYGER gambled bolted up, Aces and Kings same owner 50s>33s looked all over the winner 2nd 33s,and Lucky Ava same owner, 2 wins within a week,bolted up first win, and made all comfortably, obviously yard (seem) in very decent nick.7 months ice cold, 2 weeks red hot

I said Red Rookie my only bet
    however, a, nice few betting points in the tank, and near 12 hours before they run, decided to have
    2 points win ELUSIF 6-1
    1 point WIN VOI 14-1
    1 point each way double 14s & 6s a fifth 1 2 3 both races, have that at 3.6.5 as BEST ODDS GT (bog)

• Options
    Hope gpc70 grabbed a Chunk of 15-2....
    Its challenging for favoritism!

• Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    5/2 in a place they must of got the wheelbarrow out again.
  • Options
    A, load of bets, inbound, next few days.
    Sat Ascot
    Only 5 run (maxπŸ˜πŸ€”πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰) yes I know its stable mate odds on πŸ˜‰
    Cannot be out the 1 2 as long as gets round?
    Cannot see this going off bigger than 10-3 thought it would be 4-5 Cyr and 15-8 MISTER
    15.15 ASCOT SAT
    MASTERTOMMYTUCKER 10-3
    15 points each way a quarter 1 2 (5decs) two places ......

please bring your A Game Jumping game Tommy, if he does, get the rest off the bridle,.. πŸ€”

• Options
    Sat Ascot
    I did a big write up, all about this horse, two weeks ago, in this thread
    JERRY'SBACK 15 points each way a fifth 1 2 3 4 at 5-1 WH

• Options
    Sat Wincanton KINGWELL HURDLE 15.18
    make or break, praying for the horse, connections, he comes back to his best
    Last chance, fingers crossed
    GOSHEN 10 points win 3-1

• Options
    Sunday Newbury
    The DENMAN chase
    14.25 ten Dec's, this I rate a knocking each way bet, a fifth odds 1 2 3
    SECRET INVESTOR 8-1 10 points each way

• Options
    the rerouted Betfair Hurdle
    Sunday Newbury 15.35
    still like G Moores FIFTY BALL, but not a certain runner, current best 12s
    one of Hendos, its a stretch, but any boost to the NOT SO SLEEPY Chelts dream, I will take
    BUZZ you can have 10s five places, or my choice;
    5 points each way 12-1 a quarter 1 2 3 4 BUZZ
    and one of Paul Nicholls I am convinced, is a huge chunk better, than public perception.
    THYME WHITE
    4 points each way 14-1 a fifth 1 2 3 4 5 (skybetπŸ‘)
    Add, 1 point reverse forecast BUZZ - THYME WHITE
    (ps, the 16s THYME WHITE, with a firm I don't want an account with, thanks! but up to you)

And... breath Paul!
    there's one, in the Betfair Game Spirit, Sunday, be all over like a, bad rash, if it runs, 7 Dec's, and not any of the front 3, 15-8 5-2 10-3 not them, but a jump off the page bet, if you saw its last run πŸ˜‰

The reason I like backing, win lose or draw this way, trying to squeeze value, always.A value JUNKIE always.
    SECRET INVESTOR 8s ew
    JERRY'SBACK 5s ew
    MASTERTOMMYTUCKER 10-3 ew
    GOSHEN 3s win
    BUZZ 12s ew
    THYME WHITE 14s ew
  • Options
    sometimes, and I realise 'one does not have to'
    Feel a huge back story is needed, to justify a bet
    This time, I will just tell you
    One of my aquaintences is a point to point and Hunter Chase Junkie
    his strike rate, over 20 years is to die for
    When, he tells me, one should be 1-5, I listen, can't claim this as mine, but 4-5 a 1-5 chance, have to back it, that, is not saying, it will go off 1-5, he makes it a 1-5 shot. The fractions better 10-17 with a, firm I don't bother with
    25 points win at 4-5 in the Hunter Chase

Leicester 15.47 today PREMIER MAGIC, apparently? they won't see, which way this thing went.. 🐎

• Options
    Darn it, really need a, reliable apprentice betting racing assistant manager!
    Take eye off ball, for one moment, Laura Morgan yard wizz in, yet another winner, her OVERWORKEDUNDERPAID just bolted up, 3-1 six lengths plus, worse, underlined by me, in a pile of about 40 entries
    Skybet listening to misterpj!
    changed their wording on Frankie to ride promotions!
    To avoid the prior ambiguous wording, misterpj pointed out, in this very thread!
    sure the free bet? or Sauvignon Blanc merely delayed in the post πŸ˜‰
    Frankie to ride 2 or more winners, rather than the prior 2+ winners

• Options
    Darn it, gpc70 got 15-2 a 5-2 shot, misterpj got 6s same horse, and wouldn't you know it, ELUSIF pulled out.. Boo boo!
    there other one, VOI 14s > 8s at monent
  • Options
    friday
    Fakenham 15.12
    SHANG TANG
    10 points win 5-2 against the odds on jolly, only 3 run
    (4 if you include the 300-1 poke, yes 300s available if you wish to back that!!!)
    SHANG TANG runs, tomorrow, be on my radar, for the rest of the NH season no matter how the race pans out on friday

• Options
    misterpj said:

Darn it, really need a, reliable apprentice betting racing assistant manager!
    Take eye off ball, for one moment, Laura Morgan yard wizz in, yet another winner, her OVERWORKEDUNDERPAID just bolted up, 3-1 six lengths plus, worse, underlined by me, in a pile of about 40 entries
    Skybet listening to misterpj!
    changed their wording on Frankie to ride promotions!
    To avoid the prior ambiguous wording, misterpj pointed out, in this very thread!
    sure the free bet? or Sauvignon Blanc merely delayed in the post πŸ˜‰
    Frankie to ride 2 or more winners, rather than the prior 2+ winners

30k a year +20% of all profit i'm all yours.
  • Options
    gpc70
    If the Lord, wishes it to be, many a true word spoken in jest πŸ‘
    It will be, in fact for 'personal reasons' the following has rocketed too top five bucket list, top 5 last few things, wishes, ambitions, (take that as the intended monumental compliment) and really not much left on bucket list to tick
    If 'world resets,!' please come racing (on me and a pleasure)
    A proper proper full day, logistically, best Lingfield,.. maybe? Lingfield Derby trial
    Your free choice? stay either, my gaff, The Star Inn (if this Lockdown has not finished them off?) know the Guvnor intimately who invested a massive chunk of dollar summer 2020, get up to date Drone pictures! during Lockdown 1, Eat Out To Help Out dragged his business off the floor, he has got tens of thousands invested in the Alfresco dining area, unused, one of the best, pubs (several Penguins, know them all!) on door every Fri, Sat and any day Lingers on, 99% never required, the Guvnor very switched on, plus The Star a magnet for racing folk, last meal (eat out to help out) did the gratuity, plus tipped the entire gaff, TRONADA on the flat, buzzed in, double figures, real mate.
    Star Inn boutique quality rooms, a stroll from the track, if not, MARRIOT on site
    Million On, and you won't, be disappointed. Promise Paul.

plus 72 points, after the Buzzer TYGER πŸ˜‰ 9-2>9-4 tonked in
    Thus far, today, we been robbed!
    Buzzer 15-2 > 5-2 (you 15-2 me 6s)
    'only' these today, VOI still to run...
    What's that? 2 bets 2 winners

RED ROOKIE buzzes in at 5-2 PREMIER MAGIC buzzes in 4-5 > 8-15 sp πŸ˜‰
    gents, only Gpc knows,possibly Misty as well took so much 'stick' elsewhere, probable ban! for tipping winners

• Options
    Lads, allow me, this one indulgence
    20.00 Chelmsford
    Off in 20 mins, the pilot is class, the trainers big rep, turning out quick double fire winners
    Plus, I tipped MOSTALLIM lto winner, this thread
    1.5 points win MOSTALLIM 10-3
    1.5 points win CRYSTAL PALACE CAT 15-2
    1 point reverse forecast

• Options
    Having just seen your latest beat on the straight flush board i want to remind you of the deal for apprentice punter the 20% on all winnings is horse,dog sport betting based it does not include poker lol.
    Happy punting.
  • Options
    day start + 72.00 betting points, all every bet
    day invested total 42.00 betting points
    day return betting points
    ELUSIF return 2 points
    non runner 15-2 ( 6-1) > 5-2 pulled out, (boo) by the Red Hot yard ( owner)
    RED ROOKIE 7 points win 5-2 tonked in, return 24.50 points
    PREMIER MAGIC 25 points win 4-5 (sp 8-15) tonked up, return 45 points
    Bet 42 points Return 71.50 points
    Profit 29. 50 points
    running plus + 101.50 points

Friday, FIRE(ing)AWAY with a bit of SHANG TANG (ing)
    Be Lucky πŸ˜‰ pj
  • Options
    Friday 13.50 Kelso
    PORT OF MARS 10 points win 7-2

Fiday Evening
    Southwell 20.15
    TROUBLE SHOOTER 1.5 points win 16-1

Add to Saturdays bets
    Newcastle 16.20 MELGATE MAJUERE 9-1 5points each way a fifth odds 1 2 3 4

Haydock 13.30 MAROWN 10 points win 11-4

• Options
    Sunday
    Newbury 13.50
    following this over a cliff, but Bryony might just get a tune out of it.
    Different animal if it gets an uncontested, for the purposes of this thread, I can't say I backed it in running after the 1st, but you may wish to do that, I will, but for the purposes of this
    NORDANO 28-1 2.5 points each way a quarter 1 2 3 4,depending on results, today and sat may well press this, price dependant, any 50s and I will back it again