You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Lobby won't open

Comments

• Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    Thanks Tikay, i know they are not obligated to do so and its mainly from a selfish perspective but it would be helpful if the tech team actually communicated more around these issues directly and what specifically they are doing to deal with them when its been a problem for a number of days and is undoubtedly affecting the playing experience of people choosing to spend money on the site.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174
    edited March 2021
    Hi @benc

Please be assured they are doing everything they can. It's extremely complex, but not as complex as trying to explain the processes they are going through, which would be beyond the understanding of you, me & pretty much everyone else from what I've seen. Really, it's better to leave them to push on with it undisturbed then drag them off the work to come on here.

I think they've potentially made some good progress today, but now the changes & fixes have to go through testing, approvals, upload & all sorts, so it will be a few days yet before we see what benefit may or may not have accrued.

No promises but they are dealing with it as a highest priority.

Once there is some significant news, it will go up on this thread.
  • Options
    Ok yeah that all makes sense, thanks again for getting back to me is much appreciated. Just wanted to keep on it incase it was forgotten or nothing was urgently being done to resolve the issue as its been a few days and in the past it was sorted alot quicker, but i respect it can be a completely different complex issue causing the problem this time around, i'll be patient and await further news.
  • Options

@benc

I can assure you there's no way this one is going to get forgotten.

As soon as there is any news, it'll be posted on here either by Sky Chris or myself.

• Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    I've also been having issues. The find a player function will not work for me. Tables are opening late, sometimes really late. One hyper I played today opened up when I had 150 chips left vs 850. Also have had similar lobby issues as @benc .
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited March 2021
    Just had my spins tables freeze and had an MTT table freeze earlier.
    Are the tech guys confident it will be resolved before UKOPS? The big series that sites run should be a showcase for the site should be a way of sites and a way of increasing player numbers. Having these issues could put players off for a long while.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    For me the only issue is the lobby not updating at all. If I click tournaments and then cash games tab the lobby will update so it's not a huge deal but I can imagine any new players to the site won't enjoy it.

It's weird how the software can be refreshing perfectly fine for so long and then overnight with no apparent software update the lobbies just don't refresh anymore.

I wonder how the lobby information is relayed between Sky Poker servers and the Windows clients? Does it just ping the data from server to lobby? Is the client having problems triggering the action to auto refresh the information it's receiving?

Like I say, a 'hard reset' of the cash games tab by clicking another tab and then clicking cash again will update the lobbies but they are very very slow to do so otherwise. The tables you are sat on do not highlight either, at least not in any manner that is of any use.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,349
    edited March 2021
    Yes, iv had a table not open until level 3 a few nights ago.

I thought little of it as I think it was either a freeroll or a micro .

Also you can register for a tournie then focus on other open tables, when you look back in the lobby the tournie you thought you registered is still giving you the option to register, so you register and it tells you you already are.

I'v become so used to this happening I expect it but still go through re-register rigmarole through being a simpleton creature of habit.

As the esteemed virgin above says , passing 'customer confidence' would be low.
  • Options

Comments all noted & passed on guys.

I'm hopeful we may see some progress this week.
  • Options
    Logged in at 3, lobbys now instantly going bold and showing when registered and games popped up on time but then had multiple freezes in game and cash tables i were in i couldn't open switched to browser to open and was fine so assume its site issue and not internet. Is this related to any kind of change made today?
  • Options
    johnmontyjohnmonty Member Posts: 92
    I also had multiple tables freeze at the same time as benc, tried to close and reopen the client 2 or 3 times but tables were stuck at loading screen. Moved over to the browser and managed to get the tables up but any new tables launching were opening 2+ mins into the game so sadly its unplayable atm
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    Yep, same problems here also
  • Options

Hi guys,

Sorry about this, though at least it seems like the Lobby problem has been solved.

Is this "freezing" still happening or has it cleared itself now?
  • Options
    Haven't had any freezes for the past hour and tables have opened fine.
  • Options

@benc

Great news, thanks.

I have no idea if it's related, and I'm not ducking the issue, but the wider internet (UK, not SB&G) had severe problems this afternoon between around 15.30 & 16.10, so there MAY be a correlation.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,349
    As far as the lobby updating.(which isn't the issue in the OP)

Ive tested the registration thoroughly.

Registering now gets updated in the lobby 0.9s of a second later.

De-registering, I didnt reach 100 attempts for a precise average as i kept timing out on my live tables, but its about the same.
  • Options
    ray01ray01 Member Posts: 91
    really
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,632
    I was trying to reg for the 17.15 quid rebuy at 18.15 , it's normally top of the list for late reg , there was a quid rebuy at the top with just the tourny lobby showing clicked lobby to see if i could reg through that but it showed the 14.15 tourny which had finished , had to scroll down quick to find the tourny
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,162
    Tables are opening immediately for me (playing thru' Chrome on Browser), and Tourney Lobby is updating straight away too (instead of two hands later) which is MUCH BETTER.

Thanks @Sky_ChrisB and SKY Tech Team :)
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    Tables are freezing regularily.Terrible when you are in a big pot.