You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Lobby won't open

Comments

• Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    Still having issues also. Having some open as many as 5 minutes late. The games are about small edges as it is.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    MattBates said:

As above, I've noticed some delays etc to the main lobby updating/bolding. But I've not paid much attention to describe it in any detail.

However, in the last day or two, "My Tables" under the "My Sky Poker" do not load. It remains stuck at 'loading...'.

This is on the download client. They seem to load okay in a browser.

Not sure if widespread or not, or if it's related. But hope it helps in some way.

try clicking where it says name on the headings. This sometimes corrects that error.
    Thanks @MattBates

This is the best thing I've read for quite some time, the My Tables section has never worked for me, just stuck on loading... though it was a permanent issue with my client but turns out I was just one click away!

Now just need to sort those other issues!
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited March 2021
    Don't know if it's just me but tonight a bunch of my tables have froze and I've ended up timing out of at least 3 dym's, maybe more. I play so many at once it's hard to notice the instant it freezes. Starting to feel redundant putting so much of my volume into sky when things out of my control are costing me money.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

Don't know if it's just me but tonight a bunch of my tables have froze and I've ended up timing out of at least 3 dym's, maybe more. I play so many at once it's hard to notice the instant it freezes. Starting to feel redundant putting so much of my volume into sky when things out of my control are costing me money.

Sorry to hear that Danny, I'll try & get an update.
  • Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    Same problems again tonight games opening late, lobby not showing as regged etc pretty disappointing it's still regularly happening considering how long its been an issue now.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Tikay10 said:

I do hope Sky Poker realise that a good 50% of the goodwill it has built up is due to you, Tony. Because, right now, they need that extra 50%...
  • Options
    sircrypticsircryptic Member Posts: 52
    Hi,

I've discussed the issues I've had numerous times but I'll echo what others are reporting. I'll sound like a broken record but for me I still have the slight pause when clicking on an action, this has been present since December. My lobby originally wouldn't allow me to view all the players registered for a dym which I've said in the past for example if 5 players were registered and I opened the lobby it would only display 2/3 names.

The worrying/concerning part for me is that since these original technical issues were reported and trying to be fixed not only have they not been fixed but more issues have developed. As reported my lobby doesn't update at all now. I'll register to say 4 low stake dym games and now the only way for me to get an update on how many people are registered is to click on say the tournament or cash tab and then click back to the sng tab. Its the same for example once a table opens the next dym won't automatically show itself I have to click a separate tab and then back into the sng tab for the new game to appear. Some tables won't start untoll 1/2 minutes into the game as reported as well.

We're talking over 3 months! The question i have is why is it taking so long? I mean no disrespect to any employee of sky as tikay you're always on the ball and pass everything on, the techies give us updates and I have no doubt are working to fix it but the issue from my observations goes above them. I dont know who owns/runs sky poker but from a purely observational point of view it appears they've given up. The software I'm sure all will agree is out if date and not fit for purpose but there's no sign of any major update. There doesn't seem to be and kind of funding or support to the techies, this is just based on comparisons of other sites. Every site I've played on if there's been a an issue its been fixed with 24 hours. We're 3 months down the road and things are getting worse.

This is seriously damaging the brand as I dont know how others feel but for me if every single issue was fixed by tomorrow and the current software was back up and running with no issues sure it would be fantastic but I'd be thinking it's not a case of will there be future tech problems but just a matter of when the next issue will occur.

I've not experienced any table freeze myself but if I was a new player to the site in the last 3 months and experienced tables freezing, tables opening 2 mins late, lobby's not updating I doubt I'd still be playing today.

The site does have a lot of positives with the promos for examples and there's a large amount of players who love playing on the site and want it to succeed, myself included but as it stands the future seems dark for sky poker.

This is just my observations and no disrespect to any hard working employee of sky and fingers crossed everything is back up and running smoothly very soon.

Cheers
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    Ditto above post....

I thought it had all been fixed when I started playing tonight around 8.30pm. Tourney Lobby List went BOLD when I entered a Tourney, Tables opened immediately, I even had confidence to try Two Tables at the same time, and I even Won an All-In Sat....... but it went downhill after about 15 mins, and I even had a table freeze, first time for months for me, but it always seems to be when you have a hand, and never when you're holding 7-2o (tho Danny @madprof would class that as a hand :D )

Hope it improves soon 'coz I don't want to try another site ........ though it was great to see Phil @PBKR take down the Irish Open Side Event :)
  • Options
    doglove33doglove33 Member Posts: 22

Hi,

I've discussed the issues I've had numerous times but I'll echo what others are reporting. I'll sound like a broken record but for me I still have the slight pause when clicking on an action, this has been present since December. My lobby originally wouldn't allow me to view all the players registered for a dym which I've said in the past for example if 5 players were registered and I opened the lobby it would only display 2/3 names.

The worrying/concerning part for me is that since these original technical issues were reported and trying to be fixed not only have they not been fixed but more issues have developed. As reported my lobby doesn't update at all now. I'll register to say 4 low stake dym games and now the only way for me to get an update on how many people are registered is to click on say the tournament or cash tab and then click back to the sng tab. Its the same for example once a table opens the next dym won't automatically show itself I have to click a separate tab and then back into the sng tab for the new game to appear. Some tables won't start untoll 1/2 minutes into the game as reported as well.

We're talking over 3 months! The question i have is why is it taking so long? I mean no disrespect to any employee of sky as tikay you're always on the ball and pass everything on, the techies give us updates and I have no doubt are working to fix it but the issue from my observations goes above them. I dont know who owns/runs sky poker but from a purely observational point of view it appears they've given up. The software I'm sure all will agree is out if date and not fit for purpose but there's no sign of any major update. There doesn't seem to be and kind of funding or support to the techies, this is just based on comparisons of other sites. Every site I've played on if there's been a an issue its been fixed with 24 hours. We're 3 months down the road and things are getting worse.

This is seriously damaging the brand as I dont know how others feel but for me if every single issue was fixed by tomorrow and the current software was back up and running with no issues sure it would be fantastic but I'd be thinking it's not a case of will there be future tech problems but just a matter of when the next issue will occur.

I've not experienced any table freeze myself but if I was a new player to the site in the last 3 months and experienced tables freezing, tables opening 2 mins late, lobby's not updating I doubt I'd still be playing today.

The site does have a lot of positives with the promos for examples and there's a large amount of players who love playing on the site and want it to succeed, myself included but as it stands the future seems dark for sky poker.

This is just my observations and no disrespect to any hard working employee of sky and fingers crossed everything is back up and running smoothly very soon.

Cheers

I am that relatively new player you speak of and I have almost all of these issues as well.
    I love Skypokers promos and the players. However the software issues are numerous and dont get fixed.

Still the lobby freezes after reporting this a while ago the my tables tab doesnt show my tables and when i register it doesnt go bold and when i unregister it stays bold and players do not come up in the lobby when clicking on a game. Some tables pop open after theyve already been running a while - terrible for heads up sit n go games which i play a lot of and if I play lots of tables at the same time the software crashes completely after a while anyway. Playing the website version doesnt help because the action doesnt pop on each table when its time to act and if you click off the games you have to load each one up individually again. Compared to other poker sites, some of which have software updates weekly the software is shockingly bad, probably the worst i've experienced on any poker game, even basic free fun poker games on mobile phones are better. I echo your thoughts as a whole. Sorry for mini rant I do enjoy poker on this site but why cant a company so large, that makes a fortune overall just get new software.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    My worry is that the alternative to not being able to fix this software is that Sky Poker is just cannabilised by Stars and that would be the nut worst situation.

I don't know if the current technical team just can't do it, or maybe the engine that runs the software is just too archaic now. Maybe they need to outsource the software development just to get things running smoothly again? Maybe they want to but have zero budget to do so until covid is dealt with?

One certainty is that they want to fix it even more than we do but it's likely there are significant roadblocks atm.
  • Options

Morning guys.

Sorry to hear some of you are still having problems. I pass all these Posts up to the Techies, that's all I can do.

I will reply further later today once I've got my desk cleared of my regular jobs.
  • Options
    Pipster81Pipster81 Member Posts: 15
    Hi tikay any news on a fix, its been on going for a while, and all live chat do is say we will reply in the next 8 weeks.
  • Options
    Pipster81 said:

Hi tikay any news on a fix, its been on going for a while, and all live chat do is say we will reply in the next 8 weeks.

@Pipster81

It's the first I've heard of a timescale, but they may well be right.

For my part, I am not going to give timescales because I don't know them, though I hope it's sooner, obviously.
  • Options

Guys,

The feedback is appreciated, please keep it coming.

Every post is passed up to the techies, they must be sick & tired of me, but I'll keep passing them up.

It's very odd that the Lobby issue was resolved a few weeks ago, as acknowledged by many of you, but seems to have reverted now.

I know many of you dislike the Browser, but that is one of several workarounds until it's sorted.

Apologies of course.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

My worry is that the alternative to not being able to fix this software is that Sky Poker is just cannabilised by Stars and that would be the nut worst situation.

I don't know if the current technical team just can't do it, or maybe the engine that runs the software is just too archaic now. Maybe they need to outsource the software development just to get things running smoothly again? Maybe they want to but have zero budget to do so until covid is dealt with?

One certainty is that they want to fix it even more than we do but it's likely there are significant roadblocks atm.

@kapowblamz

That Mr Kap is the Post Of The Day.

Of COURSE they want to fix it, but it's just not been possible so far. There have been numerous posts saying the problem will cost Sky Poker business. I think we need to credit them with enough nous that they know that, it's a numbers-driven business & they know the time of day exactly.

Extra resource is being drafted in, & they will keep trying to solve it, but it's probably unwise for me to say "when", as it's self-evident nobody can possibly know that.

Keep the feedback coming please, the more detailed, the better.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

I do hope Sky Poker realise that a good 50% of the goodwill it has built up is due to you, Tony. Because, right now, they need that extra 50%...
    @Essexphil

Ha.

0.5% more like Phil, but thank you.
  • Options

Hi Guys,

This "lobby lag" issue has not been forgotten by the Techies, but it's frustratingly difficult to pin it down. They can see it intermittently, but not always. There seems no pattern to it.

The Techies have asked if you can help with a few bits of info which might help narrow it down.

1) What Operating System do you use?

2) Is the problem on Download, Browser, or both?

3) Is it intermittent, or all the time?

4) Have you tried quickly clicking from cash to MTT/SNG & back again, or any of those combos? That seems to do the trick in Testing, but does it work for you?

5) Is the problem currently better, worse, or the same as a few weeks ago? You will recall that there was a fix & it was OK for a brief period, then it seemed to return for some of you.

Also, any other information you have might help. They really are keen to get this sorted, exactly as many of you are.

Your patience is really appreciated, & I'm sure they will get it sorted eventually with your help.

Thanks.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    I will try and give further info when I get home from work.

For now, I had another 3/4 table freezes over the long w/end. Again (as stated several times before), it is impossible to relaunch the table on the client and you need to open browser to enable you to reopen the table. When multi tabling, this (table freeze) can not always be spotted straight away. The lobby (in game one) not updating in real time is a real hindrance to players too.

Having zero IT knowledge, it frustrates me that more has not been done to expedite the issues/problems.

When I first joined Sky Poker (many moons ago), I never understood how the lobby would 'update' before the hand had completed. My conspiracy thoughts were thankfully flattened by Aaron (Machka) explaining how all the background technical stuff worked.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    edited April 2021
    I only play through Chrome on Browser, and as I've detailed earlier I very rarely have table freezes, though I only ever play two tables max. For me the tables have been opening much quicker over the last week, it used to take all of the 20 seconds clock, and sometimes even longer, when playing Sats.

The lobby updating, both before, and during play, is my main problem, as well as the Tournament List not updating the numbers entered in the Tournament too. I have to shut the Tournament Game Lobby, and reopen it, but then have to move it across out of the way of the table I'm playing.

Occasionally when a table closes and I'm moved, I get the 'Duplicate Connection please Reload table' message come up, and I miss a hand, and I'm pretty sure I'm UTG/early position on the New Table each time it has happened.

Hope this helps a little, but I think it's a lot more concerning for people who play far more tables than me. I can usually tell pretty quickly when a table freezes, because the time-bank (Green, Amber, Red countdown) around the player's Avatar isn't there. But it's obviously easier for me to spot just playing 1 or 2 tables.

GOOD LUCK and hopefully it will get sorted soon :)
  • Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    1) Latest version of Windows

2) I play on Download, same issues occured when i tried browser.

3-4) It is intermittent, but a constant after x amount of time playing ,so it seems to get worse the longer i play, recently when i log in at first the lobbys will reg fine and everything seems to go relatively smoothly for a little while, the tables will open on time but gradually as the session goes on the lobby will stop showing 1/2 and games may be late to opening , plus in game lag and once that happens it isn't reversed even by closing the download and reopening. Clicking between cash and sit n go or any other lobby like suggested multiple times will eventually show 1/2 when registered but doesn't fix the lag in games or time for games opening, also doesn't seem to be a clear pattern to how many times it takes of clicking between for it to fix.

5) The problem is better than it was pre fix at the start of a session as before the fix sometimes it would be awful before i'd even played a game, but then develops to being just as bad as it was at its worst point , fwiw i play alot of sngs at once plus have cash tables open so it could be related to how many tables end up being run at once but not sure.