You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Roy Keane.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,515
    waller02 said:

Are we starting a new thread when we lose on penalities in Qatar next year, or will this one still be going?

I will definitely have given up long before then.
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    The record you carry over means nowt.

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

One advantage Le Tissier did have over others, was he always had a fresh pair of legs, even after playing for ninety minutes.

You would argue with a sign post.
    Just taking shootouts almost three quarters are scored.
    The fact that some players score a higher percentage than others, surely prove that it is a skill.
    Just look through as many penalties as you like, upload them on here.
    Then we can decide how much ‘ skill’ is involved.
    This is where we part company.
    Surely the only way of judging any players skill in penalty taking is by the results.
    How they take them, is surely irrelevant.
    You certainly wouldnt expect a manager to choose a penalty taker who has a record of scoring say 60%, over one that looked less skillful, but was scoring over 90%.
    The players that are usually chosen to take penalties are those that have the most success in scoring from them.
    For instance if England were involved in a shootout at the World Cup, I would expect Harry McGuire to be close to the top of the list, and above many players considered more skillful than him.
    No. In theory a taker could have nearly all his pens touched by the keeper. They will still count though.
    The same as looking back at a ‘ top strickers’ total over seasons.
    All those tap ins,ricochets,just being fortunate to being in the right place.
    Sometimes the striker taking the pens to boost his total,and could get two stabs.
    They all count,but not all will require any ‘ skill’ .

I think you’re implying you would have more faith in somebody with a better record.
    For me, it’s 50-50
    Well, duhhh, yes of course.

50/50 to score a penalty in a shootout? Are you serious? Penalties are not 'luck' & there is a reason we have a shocking record in them.

I either flop a full house or I don't.... 50/50 innit

Twenty horses in a race, win or lose therefore 50/50.
    Should all be even money.
    Mr Chilling vs Phil Ivey heads up 50/50, dont think so.
    Harry Kane vs Mr Chilling in penalty shootout, 50/50 never.
    When the fact is that almost three quarters of penalties taken in penalty shootouts are scored, how could anyone in their right mind continue with the 50/50 argument.
    That was me being very polite.

So in summary 50.50 is untrue, as almost 75% have been scored.
    There is no skill involved, but some players score more than others.
    Thats it for me.
    I am sitting here thinking why the f...k am I sitting here arguing over nonsense.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

One advantage Le Tissier did have over others, was he always had a fresh pair of legs, even after playing for ninety minutes.

The fact that some players score a higher percentage than others, surely prove that it is a skill.
    Surely the only way of judging any players skill in penalty taking is by the results.
    You certainly wouldnt expect a manager to choose a penalty taker who has a record of scoring say 60%, over one that looked less skillful, but was scoring over 90%.
    The players that are usually chosen to take penalties are those that have the most success in scoring from them.
    For instance if England were involved in a shootout at the World Cup, I would expect Harry McGuire to be close to the top of the list, and above many players considered more skillful than him.
    No. In theory a taker could have nearly all his pens touched by the keeper. They will still count though.
    Sometimes the striker taking the pens to boost his total,and could get two stabs.

I think you’re implying you would have more faith in somebody with a better record.
    For me, it’s 50-50

50/50 to score a penalty in a shootout? Are you serious? Penalties are not 'luck' & there is a reason we have a shocking record in them.

When the fact is that almost three quarters of penalties taken in penalty shootouts are scored, how could anyone in their right mind continue with the 50/50 argument.

Thats it for me.
    I am sitting here thinking why the f...k am I sitting here arguing over nonsense.
    Regarding the horse bet.
    You do your dough or win. ( unless you’re an each way thief)
    The amount of runners in a race is irrelevant.
    The odds are for the bookie.
    And bookies wouldnt have odds for the teams competing in penalty shootouts?
    Or odds on individual players scoring from the penalties?
    Might these odds reflect the players scoring record?
    Wouldnt the players that are the most skilled in taking penalties score more?
    And those that are the least skilled score fewer?
    There’s probably a very good reason why bookies don’t have odds on shoot outs in play.
    I assume that you have now given up on this silly statement.
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    Regarding the horse bet.
    There’s probably a very good reason why bookies don’t have odds on shoot outs in play.
    I presumed you had checked if they did.
    I hadn’t checked.
    I would have thought you would have got all excited and screamed “ Oh yes they do!”
    Nothing.
    So you checked.
    chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    Regarding the horse bet.
    I hadn’t checked.
    I would have thought you would have got all excited and screamed “ Oh yes they do!”
    Nothing.
    So you checked.
    It just something else you have posted that is completely untrue.
    This is a long, and growing list.

Even the worst ever arent as low as 50/50

Who is the worst penalty taker in Premier League history?

Steed Malbranque and Dwight Yorke both only scored six out of 10, whilst Kevin Phillips was successful 11 times out of 18 giving him only a slightly worse record than Pogba. Michael Owen also had a poor penalty record, with his 33% miss percentage just marginally better than Pogba, with 14 goals out of 21.
    chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    Regarding the horse bet.
    I hadn’t checked.
    Nothing.
    So you checked.
    You may not have noticed, but I posted the odds ages ago.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    Regarding the horse bet.
    I hadn’t checked.
    Nothing.
    So you checked.

Steed Malbranque and Dwight Yorke both only scored six out of 10, whilst Kevin Phillips was successful 11 times out of 18 giving him only a slightly worse record than Pogba. Michael Owen also had a poor penalty record, with his 33% miss percentage just marginally better than Pogba, with 14 goals out of 21.
    I started off by saying a penalty is a 50-50.
    Not penalties. Not over seasons. Not back to the stone age .
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    chilling said:

This is a anomoly , there's been many times that every player has scored in a shootout including keepers
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    Regarding the horse bet.
    I hadn’t checked.
    Nothing.
    So you checked.
    After this post.

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    Regarding the horse bet.
    I hadn’t checked.
    Nothing.
    So you checked.
    After this post.

So England have the last penalty in the Euro Final to win it.
    What are the odds on the last player scoring?
    stokefc said:

chilling said:

This is a anomoly , there's been many times that every player has scored in a shootout including keepers
    England failed to score with three on the bounce.
    Another anomaly?
    5 out of 10 pens scored in the Euro shoot out. 50%. Another anomaly.
    stokefc said:

chilling said:

You will always get anomalies, but the average is 83% in the PL, and nearly 75% in shootouts.
    edited July 2021
    chilling said:

5 out of 10 pens scored in the Euro shoot out. 50%. Another anomaly.

One game means nothing.
    Whether it happens to be 50%, or 9 misses on the trot.
    chilling said:

stokefc said:

chilling said:

England failed to score with three on the bounce.
    Another anomaly?
    They were 100% on the first 2.
    chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    Regarding the horse bet.
    I hadn’t checked.
    Nothing.
    So you checked.
    After this post.

That would depend on who took it.
    I posted an example of the likely odds earlier, as you know.
    chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    Regarding the horse bet.
    I hadn’t checked.
    Nothing.
    So you checked.
    After this post.

The best odds available on any England player in the German game had it gone to a shootout were 4/11 to score and 4/1 to miss.
    chilling said:

What was the longest EURO penalty shoot-out?
    18 kicks: 1980 third-place play-off: Czechoslovakia 1-1 Italy, Czechs won 9-8 on pens
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

For me, it’s 50-50

Thats it for me.
    Regarding the horse bet.
    I hadn’t checked.
    Nothing.
    So you checked.

I started off by saying a penalty is a 50-50.
    Not penalties. Not over seasons. Not back to the stone age .
    If someone catches Covid, then the only 2 outcomes can be survive or die, right?
    So it's 50/50 on whether you live or die, correct?

You best inform the experts about your chilling discovery.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

What was the longest EURO penalty shoot-out?
    18 kicks: 1980 third-place play-off: Czechoslovakia 1-1 Italy, Czechs won 9-8 on pens
    17 out of 18, thats 50/50?