You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,203
    edited September 2015
    Taiwan competes as Chinese Taipei

China claims Taiwan as part of China, but the Taiwanese govt doesn't see it that way, so they have an agreement for Olympic and other similar activities for Taiwan to compete under the name of Chinese Taipei. Everyone's happy.

Wow - they won! I saw the beginning of the comeback but didn't dare to hope given the lead England had.
  • bencbenc Member Posts: 1,059
    edited September 2015
    Check out pokerwarmup i've found it surprisingly useful, just a good place to put goals,technical leaks you notice you need, to work on,keep all your articles and vids in one place and how much just a few minutes pre grind preparing can help with a session/mindset. Yeah the poker is all good thanks, decided to give it a proper shot in feb for a living put a ton of work into improving properly and moved abroad with a couple of them so all the volume has been on 888 super turbos. I just recently got back to the UK  so thought i'd come put some volume in on sky again cant resist them blue tables!. I always enjoy the chance to do some reviewing/ sweating and im trying to ensure i get x amount of time studying a week so let me know if you do sway that way again, 150bi for $10ST'S few hours a week studying no doubt be crushing in no time.  Good luck with the 20nl in the meantime. I read some of my early posts in my diary the other day made me laugh i was clueless no idea how i was winning, wouldn't be half as good these days!
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    edited September 2015
    In Response to Re::
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I agree with your take on books, and especially non-F. It's such a brilliant way to improve thinking skills (if you do it properly) while at the same time educating yourself. I read mainly nonF - anything from Marx to Hitchens to Orwell to random social science/natural science books, politics, religion, history bla. bla. The reason I earlier mentioned "if you do it properly" is because I've found some people literally just word read. They don't think about what they're reading, you know, they don't pause at an interesting passage and think what that means to them, or what the author actually meant, because some of those old philosophical books are hard to read so it can really take a long time. Everything in moderation is one of the most common yet true quotes I've come across, simple yet accurate. I do think we ought to be a little concerned with the rise of extreme gaming, mainly for the reasons you gave, but I also think you lose that special attachment with those things around you, whatever they may be, friends, family, nature, education. I used to play plenty of games growing up and I think they're so well made that we should embrace them, but yes, moderation.  Regarding the ignorance thing, I meant ignorance of games in general. Of course I'm aware of the industry and how well it's doing, but still, I am surprised that our culture has now got to the point where gaming is one of the most common pass-times for people. Then again, it is so popular so perhaps I'm not in a position to question it. Actually, that makes no sense. Look at religion... seems rather impossible not to question it.  edit: no TK, have not read - will add it to the never ending list.  double edit: even better, "everything in moderation including moderation" :)
    Posted by percival09
    Am quite surprised to see we have so much in common. When I read, more often than not, if I read a really interesting sentence, paragraph, or chapter, I insta go back & read out again, the better to savour it, as we often miss the nuances first time round.

I could debate the relative merits of video games all day all night, as I feel very strongly about their corrosive tendencies, but in moderation, of course, they are fine. No child of mine would ever play them, that's for sure. Not because I'd ban them from so doing - that would never work (see O Level Psychology) - but because I'd impress upon my kids the need to see the wonder of people, life & nature, & once they started to do that, I can guarantee they'd never want to start messing around with Video Games. We don't exist long enough on earth to waste time on stuff like that. All imo, of course.

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    thread gone from "sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" to "read & TKKKKKKKKKK Diary" much better this way imo
    Posted by percival09
    Ha, I'm done here now. I just thought I'd cast a little ground bait, to rev up Dohhhh's Diary.

We live in strange times, but people prefer to read than write, so whilst Dohhhhh might think his Diary had gone quiet, there were still as many reading it, it just lacked interaction.

Anyway, we seem to have cured that problem for now, so I'll leave you guys to it.

I do enjoy this Diary, I don't read any of the "and the flop came" stuff, but Mr Dohhhh is quite a complex character, & after all these years, I'm still trying to figure him out. He's like a jigsaw puzzle in which some bits are missing. I enjoy his stuff far more now that he has quit the booze, I must say. Well done him, & fingers crossed his health issues are soon a thing of the past. 

Over & out.

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited September 2015

Ok as TK has departed for now, I can post another HH. 

We are One Hundred and Seventeen BB effective to start the hand, my button, his big blind. 

He plays pretttttyyyyy aggressive so far, 32/28 over 240 hands with a 9% 3b and 73% fold to steal. 

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Ah Ad ]
    Top_Chesney folds
    mazd6a folds
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$0.20 USD]
    Arken folds
    Venom_El_Jefe calls [$0.10 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ Js, Td, 6h ]
    Venom_El_Jefe checks
    PeteGibbons99 bets [$0.30 USD]
    Venom_El_Jefe raises [$1 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.70 USD]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ As ]
    Venom_El_Jefe bets [$1.55 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$1.55 USD]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 5c ]
    Venom_El_Jefe bets [$3.52 USD]
    PeteGibbons99

----

Thanks for that link Ben, I'd not heard of that before. 

Going to give it a go today. 

So far I have "log out of skype" in almost every single category. :/ 

----

Really annoyed at myself last night.

I'm letting silly distractions get in the way of poker productivity. Only played 1k hands on a night I had dedicated fully to the grind. 

Had a mini rant to mates about how useless I am.

Decided to set a goal to play 4k hands today. 

If I fail, I ship some money to a charity chosen by someone else. Today it's mast erbates. Tomorrow I'll set a goal, and pick someone at random to chose the charity. 

'Dono' amount will increase by a fiver or summat for every 1k hands I fall short. 

(unless I have a genuine reason, and I'll obv be honest about it)

LETS

GO

FOR 

ONCEEEEEE.
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited September 2015
    Can't advise on the hand

If it were me I'd raise for value then get reraised and donk call the str8

What do you think of the Curren boys? Get em in the England squad? 
    edited September 2015
    Can't advise on the hand If it were me I'd raise for value then get reraised and donk call the str8 What do you think of the Curren boys? Get em in the England squad? 
    Posted by Phantom66
    Absolutely not.

We had similar hype this year with the Overtons. 

I think the difference between division 1 and 2 4day cricket is massive, and will continue to get bigger. 

There's no way I'd pick anyone for England who hasn't even played in division 1 yet, let alone proved themselves at that level. 

It made me laugh earlier this week when the county championship/s team of the season was announced, and there was a handful of divison 2 players in there. 

It's also worrying, that the people in power seem to be under-estimating the difference. 

Some real average players plying their trade in div 2. Utter tosh. 

Hopefully Straussy will sort that out. 

In limited overs stuff of course, it's totally different. Level playing field. 

If they do well, they deserve a chance. (I'd like to see more T20 internationals especially, even if they're 'B' or 'Lions' games, for more players to get a taste at a higher level.)

Indias 'F' team would be a big step up from our 'blast' standard, so I'm sure there would be no shortage of quality opposition. 

Continuing the rant, I think the better players in division 2, who have England ambitions (Ravi springs to mind) need to get out of there asap. 

His career stalled for a long time, now it's going backwards. 

He needs a move to a big Div 1 championship club asap. 

Division 2 will (imo) end up being full of young English players, some mediocre overseas (and fake overseas like Ashwell and Alvaro ;), some elder county pros and a handful of average journeymen to make up the numbers. 

Not a place where you can prove you are ready for international Test Match cricket. 

----

Struggling to think of many fast bowling options for England going forward at the moment. 

I like Plunkett. 

I'm indifferent re Wood. 

I'd like to see Finn bowl faster again, he's 'nearly' there, but can he re-find the X factor he once had? I doubt it. 

I reallty like the look of Footitt at Derby, but again he needs to be playing a higher standard of cricket. 

The only other bowler I've seen at domestic level (on TV) to excite me in recent times is Tymal Mills when he was at Essex, but he seems to have faded into the background. 

Fisher at Yorkshire looks extremely promising, up at 86/87mph and he's only 17. Gillespie the ideal coach to look after him and bring him on too. Could be a real gem. 

Talk of people like Rushworth getting a go makes me facepalm.

75 mph wont cut it nowardays. The pitches (thankfully) aren't condusive to that sort of bowling. 

Give me some serious pace (88mph +), some height, or some movement in the air (gl finding a new Jimmy) and you have my attention.

Any ideas?

• Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited September 2015
    Hmm the Div1/Div2 debate - trouble is there are so few teams - easy to have a bad season and drop down and not always easy to get back up (I support Kent and follow Lancashire with interest).

I'll take your word on the difference between 1 and 2. I simply dont watch enough to have a valid opinion. But if a young talented player starts to break through in a div2 side then find a way of developing them England Lions etc / then a one day squad. Surely bad for the game if the better young players all move to the bigger 2 or 3 div 1 teams and dont get as many games?

Fulton made a good point on sky tv yesterday. When a trundler like Stevens can get 75 wickets in a season there has to be something wrong. 

Our wickets help the medium pacers - they are are hard to put away and the bit of wobble in the air or minor movement off the pitch can be enough to take wickets.

Are we producing wickets to suit the players we have or are the pitches inhibitting the development of the quality spinners and pace bowlers we need to compete at international level?
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited September 2015
    Trying to make the Ravster to leave Essex.....how very dare you!
    edited September 2015

Stevens is a good example. 

Jesse Ryder also opens the bowling for Essex I believe, alongside the metronomic, 74 mph David Masters. 

A testing attack in tough conditions for many, but not international class batsmen. 

------

I'd like to see the top division expanded to 11 teams, with a season consisting of 5 home, 5 away 4 day games. 

I've never heard 5 day matches discussed by pundits as a potential option. I've always wondered why not.

Shortening the league, and adding an extra day to the length of the games seems a decent compromise. The quality of cricket could only improve imo.

Everytime I watch 4 day stuff on TV (generally they only show 'important' games) there seems a real lack of intensity.  

Of course I agree the pitches are an issue. Groundsman would have more time to prepare which again could only lead to an improvement in multiple departments. Bowlers need the weapons to 'get' batsmen out in test cricket. Rarely does the pitch do enough consistantly to get the batsmen out for them. 

I take your point about young cricketers moving to big clubs and being frozen out. I think the loan system is under-used in cricket. 

The job of counties, technically, is to prepare English cricketers to play for England. 

So they should be given every oppertunity, and if they are found out, they should be sent to play elsewhere until they are ready to represent their parent county. 

Matt Fisher has struggled to get into Yorkshires first 4day 11 this season, understandably. 

Half a season on loan at Essex bowling alongside Masters & co would've done him alot of good (maybe next year when he's physically more mature and ready to play more games it could happen). 

Essex benefit, Fisher benefits, Yorkshire benefit, every division 2 batsman who faces a 86mph opening bowler rather than a 75mph overweight NZ opening batsman will benefit.  England benefit.   :)

• The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,814
    edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : It's just the way you are reading it, Don. I'm not shocked or surprised, though it certainly does sadden me in some cases. "Moderation in all things" is fine, but I so often see young children, obsessed, addicted & fixated by video games, & it bothers me greatly. When youngsters get hooked, it can lead to problems in other areas - literacy (or lack of), social skills, ADS, etc. For some years, for one day every week, I helped teach children with severe literacy problems in Sheffield, but they could all drive video games.....   I took the train from London to Edinburgh recently - a fine journey, with some dramatic views, especially north of Newcastle, with Durham Castle, Berwick, & the rugged coast. There was a family of 4 opposite me - Mum, Dad, & two kids, aged around 8 & 10. Those two kids never once looked out of the window or spoke, the entire journey. Their bloodshot eyes never left their video game screen.   I was staying at The Balmoral Hotel, & the next morning, the same family appeared n the rather sumptuous breakfast room. Still glued to their video games, still never spoke a word, even when their parents spoke to them. Their eyes never wavered from the screen, though their ability to eat their breakfast without once looking at it was impressive.  Those parents deserve reporting to the NSPCC, their children have a real uphill life in front of them.  Popular? Yes, I'm aware of that. "The Sun" newspaper is popular, but that does not make it good, or wholesome.  There are worse things in life, far worse, but really, the sole reason I made the point I did was because I was laying a little ground bait.   Dohhhhh was saying his Diary had no interaction, so my bit of ground bait helped liven it up a treat. See what I did there?   
    Posted by Tikay10

Ok JJ says a Don post boosts numbers so kind of bated into the reply lol. 

Very, very hard for me to argue with the above Tikay. Have a friend who sadly is like that, never off the xbox. This sadly in my opinion is firmly aimed at the parents. 

My mother while she was always happy with me playing video games at home, always encouraged me not to do it out and about. Despite buying me a gameboy (speicifcally for pokemon) she also bought me an adapter that meant i could play it on the Nintendo 64 on the tv. By proxy this meant i got used to the much larger screen, and the much smaller screen wsas annoying to look at. This meant i played games soley when at home when we traveled I interacted with the enviorment the same as anyone else. This is the way I'd personally encourage children and young adults to view video games. However i know this is not the case in alot of cases. 

That however IMO should not be taken as the norm when looking at video games. We have a brilliant thriving industry that helps youngsters with their development, offers plenty of value for money when looking at fun (admittedly there are some companies who design games soley to fleece people with selling content thats already been bought in the from of disk locked content). 

But i take your point and find it very hard to argue against the issues raised by you here Tikay. 

edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Sorry to keep disagreeing with you Don, it's not personal, honest. Why the fixation on moving up levels once we have beaten a level? The key to happiness is contentment, & if we can beat a level, why keep moving up until we reach the point of incompetence, & then lose it all? The vast majority of cash players go skint trying to move up levels. If we can beat, say, 5p-10p, & make, say, £20 per week, that's £1,000 per year. What's not to like about a steady income from our hobby? I disagree with a LOT of Dohhhhh's views, (especially being staked for cash when he is so clearly long term profitable), but I'm 100% with him on this one. No stress, no strain, no frustration, no "I hate poker", just the drip drip drip of the tap slowly filling our bath with pound notes.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ha not a problem Tikay, disagreement is healthy and we learn from it. 

I wouldn't call it a fixation of moving up the levels. While admittedly i have had that in the past I know personally I've found a level I currently enjoy and doing decent enough over a small sample. 

The post in which to you replied for me was me trying to motovate JJ. Maybe its because I speak to him daily and I know hes got this huge potential and a good strong ability and i know he could make alot of money from poker (which he has proven in the present and the past). Fwiw when i posted that, and I'm not sure why i was under the impression JJ was still playing NL4/5 around the place. Which in my honest opinion is way to low for him. Thats of course my opinion, AJ Rockets PM'd me later saying JJ was playing alot of 10. So was me being misinformed/misreading etc. 

edited September 2015

While you're here Donald do you still think Steven Naismith, Ikechi Anya and Gary Mackay-Steven are better footballers than Raheem Sterling? 

:)
  • GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,203
    edited September 2015
    Just watched that jump shot that Chinese Taipei got against England. Pretty impressive stuff although no doubt something you kids do every day of the week. 

edited September 2015
    Just watched that jump shot that Chinese Taipei got against England. Pretty impressive stuff although no doubt something you kids do every day of the week. 
    Posted by GELDY
    I think the term is 'clutch' :D

Was a great shot. 

Were you tilted by the commentry?

England had the option of taking the shot on. (push-out law bla bla)

They declined and passed the shot to Chinese Taipei. 

The commentaters continued as though that was the obvious and correct decision. 

When Chinese Taipei executed the shot successfully, it was suddenly a mistake by England to pass the shot back to them. 

Thoughts?

As a poker player, that is incredibly tilting :)

----

Japan need a try to win or a penalty to tie v SA. 

They decline a kick, score a try, and it was the correct decision.

England need a try to win, or a penalty to tie v Wales. 

They decline a kick, and fail to score a try, and it was the incorrect decision.

Results orientation is everywhere in sport and life :)  
    edited September 2015
    While you're here Donald do you still think Steven Naismith, Ikechi Anya and Gary Mackay-Steven are better footballers than Raheem Sterling?  :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    All very different types of players. 

Naismith's movement stands him out above alot of players imo. such an asset finding 4/5 yards time and time again. 

GMS biggest compliment i can give him is Dundee United form since him and Armstrong left. Huge change of fortunes there. 

Anya i liked when i first seen him in a Scotland jersey but quickly going off him. 

Sterling is an overrated, overpiced, overpaid, overhyped average at best player. As for him doing well at city, heck the weeman could look like a world beater in that team and hes just learning to kick 
    edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : All very different types of players.  Naismith's movement stands him out above alot of players imo. such an asset finding 4/5 yards time and time again.  GMS biggest compliment i can give him is Dundee United form since him and Armstrong left. Huge change of fortunes there.  Anya i liked when i first seen him in a Scotland jersey but quickly going off him.  Sterling is an overrated, overpiced, overpaid, overhyped average at best player. As for him doing well at city, heck the weeman could look like a world beater in that team and hes just learning to kick 
    Posted by The_Don90

haha.

Well you may have ducked the question.

But, in your own words, 'on the positives', welcome back to the thread Harry :)
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited September 2015
    My ears are burning.
    edited September 2015

4k hands in 1 day...

DONE

8 different 'sessions'

5 on 888 poker. 

46 mins
    1h 9 mins
    53 mins
    1h 18 mins
    20 mins

3 on Partypoker

55 mins
    1h 19 mins
    59 mins. 

Total = 7 hours 39 minutes

Profit on 888

= Minus 2 dollars, 28 cents. 

Profit on partypoker 

= Minus 5 dollars, 79 cents. 

Profit overall = Minus 8 dollars, 7 cents. 

Graph for the day on 888

Graph for the day on PP 

Conclusion = Cra p. 

Confidence = Shot. 

Gawwwwd knows whats next :(

• percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited September 2015
    Allowing your confidence to take a hit after losing a few buy ins over 4,000 hands is nothing short of ridiculous. You should also put some work in on your mental game because losing over such a tiny sample shouldn't really drop your confidence at all. Nice grind though. Will reply to HHs tomo