You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    edited December 2015

I asked a question here yesterday, about my poker pal, a fun player, who was burning money a few nights ago due to pure tilt.

A strange thing happened overnight - a player, also a friend, who is, in his particular format, probably amongst the top 5 most successful players (money won) on Sky Poker, wrote to me via PM offering to help.

He said he had suffered serious tilt problems until about a year ago, when he at last found a way to avoid tilting.

Since then, he has a) won more money, & b) enjoyed his poker so much more.

And the point of his PM?

He was offering to help my tilty mate solve his problems.

Ain't that great?
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited December 2015

Yah seeing stuff like that just makes me even more sad that I feel the way I do given how lucky I actually am. 

It's 1 of Lambos favourite sayings, that we all ran amazing to be born/live in a country as good as the UK. 

Obviously something that I and many others take for granted way too often. 

This is the current background on my PC.

:)

Sometimes it's alot harder than it 'should be' to put in to practise though :(

Got to keep battling as the lady in your article did in the hope that tomorrow is a better day.

The determination and resolve of some does truly put me to shame. Amazing stuff  :) 

-----

Have to follow that with a moan.

Unfortuante timing, but this thread wont work unless I'm honest. All I can do is report what I'm feeling.

The least enjoyable hour of my poker life ainec. 

Session 4, 1 hour, 3 sites. Coz yolo. (and coz no action)

Sky = +£10
    bwin = +$3
    888 = -$3

Total played = 4 hours
    Total left to play = 4 hours. 

Despite waking 'bright and early' after having a full 10 hours sleep, having a shower, taking my meds, eating a healthy breakfast, drinking tea, coffee and plenty ofwater, I'm on my way back to bed 3 hours later because I can't keep my eyes open. 

----

I clicked the dono link on the article, and it seems (unless you specify) the donations are split 4 ways. 

Children effected by war, of course an extremely worthy cause. 

The elderly. Again, very solid, particuarly at this time of year. 

Re-cycling. Save the planet and all that, legit. 

The British Hedgehog preservation society.     :) 

Roy Cropper would be proud. haha. 

Back for more cards when I wake. 

edited December 2015

8 hours, done. 

With 15 mins to spare. 

Session 5, mid afternoon. 

1 hour.

bwin -$1.79
    888 +$3.20
    Sky -£1 

Session 6, early evening. 

1 hour. 

Sky +£3

Session 7, Fridi Neet.

2 hours. 

bwin + $37.

---------

Totals.

7 Sessions played.

8 hours played. 

Profit = + £12 
               + $37  (£24.39)

= £36.39. 

Hourly = £4.55 per hour. 

Micros >>>> Malaysian Shoe Factory. 

-----

Saturday tomorrow <3 

edited December 2015

Well done JJ. I think you might just be a bigger bankroll nit than me. ;)
    edited December 2015

Morning. 

Up "at the crack of dawn" this morning and in to the hospital to get the routine bloods done to see if the meds have had any effect. 

Showered, fed, watered, and a oui bit of exercise done all pre 9am. 

Since then I've pretty much been sat in my comfortable new grind chair, staring at a blank screen and drinking copious amounts of tea for an hour. 

That's kind of where I'm at with poker. 

Can't really get motivated to play any 10nl today. 

The money isn't a motivating factor, and nor is winning as I'm content I've proved I can beat it. 

Would it make me feel good playing some 20nl and winning 3 buyins? yea. 

But to do that I'd need to risk losing 3 buyins. 

Which would make me feel sh1tty. 

So I'm just sat here doing nothing. :/ 

Have the whole day ahead and no idea what to do with it :/ Sometimes it feels like I'm living in a bubble with everything (good and bad) happening around me and I'm just sat watching the World go by.  haha.

----

No poker over the last 3 days. 

The weekend was prettty grim. 

I slept alot of hours. And didn't do much with the rest. The highlight I guess was illegally streaming the Eubank Jnr and AJ fights. 

I don't know alot about boxing but Eubank seems to ooze class when his mind is on the job. I hope the silly antics don't cost him in bigger fights. 

If he was average I'd 'get it' as he needs to be 'sellable'. Should just let his talent bring the crowds in rather than trying to play up to his old mans image. No neeeeed. At this stage of his career at least. 

----

Was wondering, do any regular readers have personalised spotify playlists? 

I wouldn't say I'm getting bored (never!!!), but my usual Celine Dion/Leanna Rhymes playlist is getting abit repetative during poker grinds. 

Link me up, I'd like to check them out and see what you're 'into'. :)

-----

This post has killed another 10 mins, need to find some more procrastination ammo to get me thru to afternoon nap time :D 

Maybe do a flip to decide between watching blacklist and firing up that 10nl session. 

Make it best of 1,001 so I don't have to do either for a while haaaa. 

Most uplifting post ever !! 

On the positives, a symettrical 222 days since I lost got drunk.  Hypeee. 

GL to all battling away on the midweek grind. 

edited December 2015

^^^^

What is "spotify"? Some kind of cream to clear pimples?
    edited December 2015

Surprised you're not on the spotify hype TK.

If I remember correctly you are a big fan of artists such as Dr Dre, eminem and Ice Tea. 

Get on there, combine their best tracks with some of your old favourites, Bing Crosby? Nat King Cole?  The Temptations?

Link it up and I'll give it a listen when I'm back on the tables, see if you can inspire me to glory <3

----

Still no poker since last Friday night. 

For people who have (sensibly) suggested a poker break, there's really no need as I often have spells like this where I go a week without playing just due to natural variation. 

----

Posting because I've had my first bet outside mug skybet priceboost footy accas for months. 

I like Webster to beat 'Big' John Henderson in the darts this afternoon at evens. 

I expect Darryn (not Mark) Webster to win pretty comfortably, it's a coinflip at absolute worst from his POV, so lets see how the punt goes at evens. 

GL if you follow. 

And glglglllll on the boozed up weekend tables. 
    edited December 2015

Dr Dre, & Marshall Mathers, yes, Ice Tea, no way.  
    edited December 2015

"You see all these white middle-class fuddy duddies going, 'Oh, we've got to find the new equivalent'. They're looking in Oxford and Cambridge. No....... Dr Dre, yeah. Ice T. They're the equivalent of Wordsworth." 
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,275
    edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    "You see all these white middle-class fuddy duddies going, 'Oh, we've got to find the new equivalent'. They're looking in Oxford and Cambridge. No....... Dr Dre, yeah. Ice T. They're the equivalent of Wordsworth." 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    There was a confusing time a few years ago when the best rapper was white and the best golfer was black.
    Strange times we lived in.

Best wishes for the New Year JJ from a long time reader.
    Regards
    Mick
    edited December 2015

Thanks Mick, appreciate your continued support of the thread, have a great Xmas yourself. 

---

A few people have said recently that they are silent readers of this thread. It'd be interesting to see a 'view count' or something to see how many unique people open it, and then probably more importantly how many people open it more than once :)

Get on it sky, forget software upgrades and antes and other useless shizzle, get a view counter installed! 

---

So after a week off, I've been playing abit this weekend. 

7 days is probably the longest I've gone without playing a single hand of poker in years. 

I've always been sceptical about the "take a break" advice that gets mentioned all the time on forums for numerous different reasons, but it really has made a difference. 

It's not a results orientated "ive won everything so breaks are amazing" type thing.

I've played 3,000 hands between $4 and $6nl and am up about $16. 

But it's been enjoyable. 

---

Like most poker players, professional, semi professional, aspiring professional, and even maybe enthusiastic fishies, I've been starting to look ahead to next year. 

I'm optimistic. 

I posted 6 weeks ago about ditching the micro grind in favour of making as much money as possible as easily as I can. 

This lasted 1 and a half sessions, until I hit a health downswing and quite frankly couldn't be a rsed. 

I realise, that it just doesn't work like that. 

If you want to make money you're going to have to work harder. Be more committed. Strive to be a better player, technically and mentally. 

And most importantly I guess, especially for me, be prepared to take on new challenges. 

Be prepared to fail in order to move forward and progress. 

---

Anyway I found myself looking ahead to the 1st of Jan. 

I'm gonna deposit money here, here and here. 

I'm gonna play this that and the other. 

I'm gonna push myself and take on challenges that I have been putting off for months/years. 

All well and good.

But then I asked myself, why am I waiting until the New Year? What's the reasoning?

And I didn't have any answers. 

Aside from it's just me being me, making the same mistakes again. 

"i'll do it later" "I might give it a go next week"  "I'll just do this first"

It's never going to happen with an attitude like that. 

----

Conclusion.

Lets do it nowwwww. (Well not literally right now, I'm going to sleep after this.)

But let's bring the "new year, new start" thing forward a few days. 

Christmas is a good time to play poker, the games are good, so lets get on with it.    :)

----

I am out for the day shopping tomorrow, this might sound abit weird but it'll be the first xmas in 6 years that I've been out and about around xmas time, so I'm kinda looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere haha. 

I'll probably hate it when I'm there as it'll be hectic. 

I've not really been tempted to hit the boozer at all, but tomorrow will be a test. Great time to be out on all day sessions :)

Luckily booze = off limits on the pills. 

So even if I wanted to, and was silly enough to, I'm not allowed anyway. 

Phew. 

After the gift based expenditure tomorrow I'll be sorting the life/poker finances out, getting the 'challenge roll' (£1165.43) deposited accross 3/4 sites, and cracking on with it. 

----

The tiredness issues are still very much there. 

It's an ongoing thing, I'm going to struggle alot at times, with poker, life, mood swings, physical health etc etc. 

1 thing I'm learning with 'it' though is to try and not get too up when I feel better and down when I feel sh1 tty. 

It is what it is. 

Worrying/stressing wont do anything, deal with it, 'bro'. 

----

So, on we go. 

I've made tonnes of big positive changes in 2015, and it's not too late to make some more. Hopefully get some good momentum going to take in to 2016 :)

Good luck to all going into the Christmas Poker grind, see you on the felt :)

• weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,686
    edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Thanks Mick, appreciate your continued support of the thread, have a great Xmas yourself.  --- A few people have said recently that they are silent readers of this thread. It'd be interesting to see a 'view count' or something to see how many unique people open it, and then probably more importantly how many people open it more than once :) Get on it sky, forget software upgrades and antes and other useless shizzle, get a view counter installed!  --- So after a week off, I've been playing abit this weekend.  7 days is probably the longest I've gone without playing a single hand of poker in years.  I've always been sceptical about the "take a break" advice that gets mentioned all the time on forums for numerous different reasons, but it really has made a difference.  It's not a results orientated "ive won everything so breaks are amazing" type thing. I've played 3,000 hands between $4 and $6nl and am up about $16.  But it's been enjoyable.  --- Like most poker players, professional, semi professional, aspiring professional, and even maybe enthusiastic fishies, I've been starting to look ahead to next year.  I'm optimistic.  I posted 6 weeks ago about ditching the micro grind in favour of making as much money as possible as easily as I can.  This lasted 1 and a half sessions, until I hit a health downswing and quite frankly couldn't be a rsed.  I realise, that it just doesn't work like that.  If you want to make money you're going to have to work harder. Be more committed. Strive to be a better player, technically and mentally.  And most importantly I guess, especially for me, be prepared to take on new challenges.  Be prepared to fail in order to move forward and progress.  --- Anyway I found myself looking ahead to the 1st of Jan.  I'm gonna deposit money here, here and here.  I'm gonna play this that and the other.  I'm gonna push myself and take on challenges that I have been putting off for months/years.  All well and good. But then I asked myself, why am I waiting until the New Year? What's the reasoning? And I didn't have any answers.  Aside from it's just me being me, making the same mistakes again.  "i'll do it later" "I might give it a go next week"  "I'll just do this first" It's never going to happen with an attitude like that.  ---- Conclusion. Lets do it nowwwww. (Well not literally right now, I'm going to sleep after this.) But let's bring the "new year, new start" thing forward a few days.  Christmas is a good time to play poker, the games are good, so lets get on with it.    :) ---- I am out for the day shopping tomorrow, this might sound abit weird but it'll be the first xmas in 6 years that I've been out and about around xmas time, so I'm kinda looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere haha.  I'll probably hate it when I'm there as it'll be hectic.  I've not really been tempted to hit the boozer at all, but tomorrow will be a test. Great time to be out on all day sessions :) Luckily booze = off limits on the pills.  So even if I wanted to, and was silly enough to, I'm not allowed anyway.  Phew.  After the gift based expenditure tomorrow I'll be sorting the life/poker finances out, getting the 'challenge roll' ( £1165.43) deposited accross 3/4 sites, and cracking on with it.  ---- The tiredness issues are still very much there.  It's an ongoing thing, I'm going to struggle alot at times, with poker, life, mood swings, physical health etc etc.  1 thing I'm learning with 'it' though is to try and not get too up when I feel better and down when I feel sh1 tty.  It is what it is.  Worrying/stressing wont do anything, deal with it, 'bro'.  ---- So, on we go.  I've made tonnes of big positive changes in 2015, and it's not too late to make some more. Hopefully get some good momentum going to take in to 2016 :) Good luck to all going into the Christmas Poker grind, see you on the felt :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    All the best with all your challenges health and poker keep the posts coming merry Xmas 
  • Wacko90Wacko90 Member Posts: 906
    edited December 2015
    Hey Dohhh,

Been reading this thread for years (it seems) just never tend to post.

I think you have and always will have a huge amount of potential to be a great player. Motivation doesn't need to come in the form of money or fame, just a desire to better ourselves and try if possible to reach our potential while we still have the time. For me I just don't want to look back on my life when I get older and regret not having made more of an effort not only to reach my potential but enjoy my life as much as possible. It all has to come from you though, once you make the first step the rest is easy.

I hope your health problems turn around soon too, keep battling through. If all else fails, regular daily exercise and a super diet will never do you any harm, it's a good base to try and be healthy from :)

I'd love to see you smashing NL100 in a few years :D

On another note what do you think of our chances in South Africa? Although we have Jimmy I cant help feel were missing a star player (Pieterson esq.). I think our chances are good, got to say though when Jimmy retires he will be irreplaceable IMO.

• day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    edited December 2015
    Long time reader seldom poster.

Wish you all the best with the poker and also with your health.

I am sure on both counts it will be better with all the positive changes you have made.

edited December 2015

Thanks chaps. 

Eased into it tonight. 

Watched the Arsenal game then played a session of turbos accross 3 sites. 

Nothing to show for it aside from 'a' Head. £1.88. 

Best run was a $5 hyper on 888 and the £2 speed rebuy on here, both times losing pre flop flips for top 3 stacks around the bubble. c'est la vie. 

Pretty boring playing MTTs after focusing on cash of late. Not much to think about in them. 

Maybe there is lots to think about, and that's why I'm average at em'.

Overall loss of about £28 means roll is about £1135. 

-----

I sent off an application today to do some volunteer work at the local RSPCA rescure shelter thing where we got Toby from 13/14 years ago. 

If I don't hear back by tomorrow I'll give them a ring as I'd like to get through over xmas and walk some dogs! 

----

Wacko, I think we've got a good chance in SA. 

Mainly because they're a side I feel is in decline, if they were as strong as they were 18 months ago I'd fear the worst. 

But we have a decent team at the moment too, a few potential match winners in there, can we take 20 wickets often enough? That'd be my doubt. 

Biased as a Yorkie, but I think Plukett and Rashid at least being in the squad would give us better options to make that happen. 

Very under-whelmed with the selections of Woakes and Jordan, but Footitt and Finn ("back to his best" again???) along with the resurgent Broad and of course the best swing bowler the World has ever seen in Jimmy give me optimism :)

Loving the big bash btw, plenty of British interest, very strong outfits for all teams, and the normally unbearably biased Aussie commentaters are actually quite entertaining. 

----

Back tomorrow for the first full days grind up the stakes. 

edited December 2015

Tuesday

Health = 4/10

Poker performance = 6/10

Poker effort = 9/10 

Roll is around £1146

New Luther double bill and earlyish night incoming. 

Back tomorrow. 
    edited December 2015

Wednesday

Health = 6/10

Poker performance = 6/10

Poker effort = 8/10

"A day of 2 halves"

Afternoon cash session = +$40

Evening cash session = - $45

Wanting to get back to playing some HU sngs, so I started today with 2 x blocks of 10 games just at $3.50 level to follow on from the cash sessions. 

Afternoon session = 9/10. 

We ran ok !

Night session = 6/10

We lost the first 3 and I thought it was going the same was as the evening cash sesh! 

Run good returned though. 

Total 15/20 (+$32)

The $3.50 seemed soft, is this as a result of the recent changes at stars?

Lots of regs left? Changed formats?

Or is it just a case of "lol its a 2 quid game what do you expect?"

(I also got a pop up warning me that I'm running illegal pokertracker too, and that I may be banned !?!?)

Roll = £1163.80

'Comedy' (?) hand of the day

IsayWow posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
    PeteGibbons99 posts big blind [$0.10 USD].

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Jh Qs ]
    Psssotnik folds
    JuraZhuk folds
    Mnogoryk folds
    PokerSchora raises [$0.20 USD]
    IsayWow folds
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.10 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ Kd, Ad, Jc ]
    PeteGibbons99 checks
    PokerSchora checks
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ Qh ]
    PeteGibbons99 checks
    PokerSchora checks
    ** Dealing River ** [ Jd ]

PeteGibbons99 bets [$5 USD]
    PokerSchora is all-In  [$4.23 USD]

PeteGibbons99 shows [ Jh, Qs ]a full house, Jacks full of Queens.
    PokerSchora shows [ Td, Qd ]royal flush.

"Mehhh he probably doesn't have anything anyway but he's passive so could have a flush and probably doesn't fold Tx either so I'm all in"

wiiiiii

Oh. 

Happy Xmas Eve :) 

edited December 2015

Thursday.

Health = 7.5/10

Poker Performance = 7/10

Poker effort = 7/10

Improving ! :) 

Same plan as yesterday, morning cash session followed by a block of 10 HU hypers, and the same again at night. 

Cash

HU block 1 = 7/10

HU block 2 = 5/10

= + $11.60

Particuarly frustrating Danish chap wanted to take the gloss off the day after I went 4-1 up in the evening HU battle. 

After losing the next 5 to go down 4-5, the pressure was on, so I was happy to come away with the draw. 

gg rake, you miniscule little thing, you :)

------

Roll = £1190.59

-----

A very pleasant day all round. 

After having more bloods last week, I got the results today and the vitamin deficiency they found 4 months ago has now been fixed. 

I am not fixed, so it's kind of good and bad news. 

But it's 1 more thing ruled out, so on we go in the search for a cure....   :)

-----

Xmas day tomorrow, typically not a big fan of this time of year. 

With the mess I've been in over the last 5/6 years I've dreaded anything that involves family and socialising, but this year, thanks in part to the help, advice and encouragement of the people who read this thread, I'm actually quite looking forward to the day. 

(And then ofc the best day of the year (ainec) which follows on Saturday <3)

Soooo, thanks to all regular (and irregular) contributors on here, Nosey, Alan, Stoke, Geldy, Tomo, Jacco, TK, davelufc :), Phantom, Lambo, P, Splashman, Henrik, MasterB, etcetcetc. 

Really appreciate all your contributions to help keep this thing going. 

I'm hoping there will be alot of exciting things to follow in 2016 :)

Hope you'z all have a good few days with your families/friends .

And maybe make some moniez on the felt and in the bookiez, too :) 

Merry Christmas :)

• pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    edited December 2015

All the best JJ, have a good n m8.  Off to bed now , grandkids will have me up in 5 hours.

Hope the health improves in the New Year.

Regular reader, one of the 1st threads to read.
  • mrsduckmrsduck Member Posts: 1,901
    edited December 2015
    Merry Christmas DOHHH, hope you have a lovely day and your health edges up to 10/10 in the coming year xx