You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    edited January 2016

"....Not much hype surrounding the book thing. 

It was to be expected, reading is pretty zzzz....."

Well you asked for "Fiction" only, & I don't read fiction.

Reading is zzzz? If you really mean that, you are denying yourself one of life's greatest pleasures.
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited January 2016
    Book advice.

Light read people centred story Eleven by Mark Watson

Bit heavier and much darker but brilliantly written The road by Cormac Mccarthy 

Any tips for the darts? I need to win my tenner back (didnt realise no cash out avaliable) lost the 5.50 dym too.
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Book advice. Light read people centred story Eleven by Mark Watson Bit heavier and much darker but brilliantly written The road by Cormac Mccarthy  Any tips for the darts? I need to win my tenner back (didnt realise no cash out avaliable) lost the 5.50 dym too.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I would assume that was to stop abuse of the Promo - in effect, people could place the bet, then insta cashout. That was not the idea of the Promo. ;)

Worth reminding people, that when people abuse these Promos, they get excluded from all future Promos right across SB&G, & that includes Sky Poker Promos.

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited January 2016

Thanks for the advice all, I've made a list and will be visiting the library (nit gonna nit, etc) on Monday to see if they have them.

I'm also going to buy TMOG right now off ebay. 

----

So I lied in here last night, I wasn't done for the year. 

I was listening to TMGOP podcast and it motivated me to fire up 1 final session. 

I've never seen games like it.

I played 5 tables for 2 hours, 18 minutes and not once did I see a 'reg tag' in what usually are fairly 'reggy' games. 

I wasn't really able to capitalise, but I did have a nice steady +2.5 buyin session. 

This morning I logged on for a session @ 9am, fully intending to play $25nl or £20nl. 

There was only 1 of each table running    :(

So back at 10nl again, playd 1h 10 mins for a $2.44 loss. 

(both sessions combined^^) 

The experts on the podcast confirmed what I suspected about increasing poker endurance. It's exactly the same as training your body to run for longer or to lift heavier weights, you have to train it by pushing yourself hard and then resting, pushing then resting etc etc. 

The benefit of the session comes at the end, if you can go a little further each time it'll become easier. 

Something I'll keep in mind moving forward. 

So the real roll going into 2016 is £1242.55.

----

Another thing they discussed was talking about tilt and other mental game flaws. 

Apparently quitting a session when you can feel yourself starting to tilt is no good. 

Which surprised me. 

Quitting before it happens is just avoiding the problem, not fixing it. 

-----

One of my big flaws of late, has been obsessing over my results graph mid session. 

I always knew it was a bad thing to do, constantly looking at if I was up or down, and by how much. 

It cannot be good. 

The advice I received from friends was pretty obvious. 

Just don't look at all until the end. 

But apparently this isn't the way to conquer it. 

That's what they'd call a 'band aid' (a plaster in Yorkshire language?). 

It's just covering up the problem. 

What I need to do is get into a mindset where I can look at it as much as I want and it not have any effect on my mood or my game. 

Something else to work on :)

-----

Anyway, exercise......    :/ 

----

GL on the NY grind all :)

• grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited January 2016
    Books

The Diceman - Luke Rheinhart (should appeal to your inner degenerate, very funny also )

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the NightTime -Mark Haddon (Told through eyes of boy on autistic spectrum, nice easy to read story, funny in parts)  

As mentioned the millenium triology by Steig Larsson

The Road is excellent, but mightbe a bit dark and heavy going if you havent read a book in years 
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I would assume that was to stop abuse of the Promo - in effect, people could place the bet, then insta cashout. That was not the idea of the Promo. ;) Worth reminding people, that when people abuse these Promos, they get excluded from all future Promos right across SB&G, & that includes Sky Poker Promos.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ooops- Must be more careful with my throw-away lines.

For clarification...

1. Wasn't meant as a complaint - I have only myself to "blame" for making a losing bet. It was a +EV bet given the promo - I just lucked out.

2. Certainly wasn't meant to encourage promotion abuse.

The simple background is I saw the promo here on this thread, thought I would have a punt on the darts, love watching it. At the time of the bet there were 3 matches left to play Wright v Chizzy was part way through, Norris v Webster and Taylor v Klassen to follow.

I called Wright and Klassen to win and I bet on Webster - just about typical for my sports betting - what made it worse was that action of Webster - terrible to watch him move around so much in his throwing action, even more so when you have money on him. A bit like betting on Furyk at golf. Just thought his experience would see him through v the "newbie".

At 8/11 to start, when things started to go a bit Pete Tong I thought I would check out the cash out price - get myself /> £5 and I'm good I thought. But the site told me I had no valid bet to cash out. No idea why.

With hindsight I could have just bet on the other guy when he was ahead (on another site) except of the few other sites I have started accounts with I cannot remember any login details.

• PReesPRees Member Posts: 37
    edited January 2016
    If you want to use arbitrage to exploit a free bet promo similar to the aforementioned then use this site: 

http://www.mbassist.co.uk/

Click the sky bet tab - it shows the best arbs (so you'd need a BF exchange account) - queue a load of people that go into metdown at the thought of "laying" or "decimal odds" :SSS

For the sake of £5 or £10 you might as well just bet for value anyway.

Only came on here for a book recomendation - The Gambler by Dostoyevsky. It makes you sound really clever when you say "oh I'm just reading a bit of Dostoyevsky" but it won't take all year like Crime + Punishment. It's about gambling addiction too.
    edited January 2016

"It was going to be 'What D?' and the answer was going to be Dostoyevsky. I just couldn't think of the question ..... "

<3

Thanks for the continued book suggestions, they've all been added to my list to take to Mrs.Goggins in the library nxt week. tytyty.

-----

Mixed start to my attempt to get less fat. 

Healthy (and horrible) veg packed drink to start the day ? yup

Poached eggs on brown wholemeal toast w/ no buitter? yup

Structured and relatively strenuous exercise? yup

Then the old man made dinner. uhoh. 

It was pointed out to me that it doesn't matter how many diff veg you put on a meal (5 in this case) if you have bacon, chips and cheese on the plate with it, it's probably no good. 

ayahhh.

My healthy food shop arrives* tomorrow, can I start again then :)

---

Missed your darts ? last night phantom. 

No more bets for me, I thought Darren Websters price was standout value in round 1 and flagged it up on here. Haven't seen anything since then. 

What a tournament though :)

I have a friendly bet with a mate where we both picked teams of 8 pre tournament and score a point for each game our players win.

I'm looking doomed in that, as my first 2 picks were MVG and Phil. 

I have Klassen to give me some hope but to have any chance I need Smith to see to Barney tonight.

So lump on RVB I guess :) glgl if punting. 

edited January 2016

Sky very kindly gave me my £10 back.

It's a Sky Vegas "no lose weekend" - so I thought what they hey "nothing to lose" and I didn't, booked the win a tenner up.

PS You can have Eleven for the price of P&P and The road for x2 the price of P&P (I'd want that one back)

PPS If not in the library then support your local charity shops/2nd hand book stall on a market.

book bankroll nittiness ftw

edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Ooops- Must be more careful with my throw-away lines. For clarification... 1. Wasn't meant as a complaint - I have only myself to "blame" for making a losing bet. It was a +EV bet given the promo - I just lucked out. 2. Certainly wasn't meant to encourage promotion abuse. The simple background is I saw the promo here on this thread, thought I would have a punt on the darts, love watching it. At the time of the bet there were 3 matches left to play Wright v Chizzy was part way through, Norris v Webster and Taylor v Klassen to follow. I called Wright and Klassen to win and I bet on Webster - just about typical for my sports betting - what made it worse was that action of Webster - terrible to watch him move around so much in his throwing action, even more so when you have money on him. A bit like betting on Furyk at golf. Just thought his experience would see him through v the "newbie". At 8/11 to start, when things started to go a bit Pete Tong I thought I would check out the cash out price - get myself /> £5 and I'm good I thought. But the site told me I had no valid bet to cash out. No idea why. With hindsight I could have just bet on the other guy when he was ahead (on another site) except of the few other sites I have started accounts with I cannot remember any login details.
    Posted by Phantom66

Yo Phantom.

Was not criticising you at all - just explaining how it works.

edited January 2016
    Sky very kindly gave me my £10 back. It's a Sky Vegas "no lose weekend" - so I thought what they hey "nothing to lose" and I didn't, booked the win a tenner up. PS You can have Eleven for the price of P&P and The road for x2 the price of P&P (I'd want that one back) PPS If not in the library then support your local charity shops/2nd hand book stall on a market. book bankroll nittiness ftw
    Posted by Phantom66
    Very kind of you mate, I'll see what they've got down at the library, and if by some miracle they don't have any of the books listed by people on here overnight I'll write a letter questioning wether they deserve their library status going forward, and then take you up on the offer. 

----

So after dinner I went for a nap as usual, normally have an hour, sometimes 2 around 5/6pm. 

4 and a half hours later, I wake ! :D 

Not too bothered about that, it's a sign the exercise worked. It's a different type of tiredness to the usual. 

Logged in and fired up $25nl on party. 

Just 3 tables, to try and stay in control of the session, build reads on new regs, help myself feel comfortable etc. 

Then half an hour in the whole site crashed (their issue, not mine) and I was booted off the tables, as was everyone else, and given a pop up warning about further potential problems. 

I'd like to be able to say I was gutted about it, as I was feeling good and there were quite a few fish on my tables as well as what looked like an aggro reg on tilt. 

But I was releived to be given an excuse to close off and book a small win. 

It's really poor, I hate it. I just sh! t myself too easy. 

Need this book to arrive asap. 

As I said, small win of $30, thanks to AA > AKs bb v sb. 

We don't learn anything from that. 

----

Moved on to a set of 10 hypers, and won 8-2. (+$19.40)

There may be doubts about wether or not I'm playing below where I should be at cash. 

Certainly no such doubts @ HU sngs atm. 

Really struggling with them (ignore results). So so rusty. I'm going to be doing abit of study with friend of the Fred benc soon, it's much needed. 

-----

Roll = £1275.14. 

----

Epic day of sport tomorrow, so poker may have to fo till Sunday. 

gl all this final xmas weekend. 

• TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited January 2016
    If you send us the hh of a five game husng batch i'll make some notes for you if like, squire...
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited January 2016
    book ideas

Green eggs and Ham
    The Cat in the Hat
    The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,598
    edited January 2016
    Yohh Dohh!
    Lonnnnnnnnnng time lurker & reader & BIG ADMIRER!  
    When I first joined SKy.... you , Grantorino & Boonicon inspired me (i LOVED the names!)
    BTW...GT ripped me to shreds in the clinic and done me a huge favour!  Still learning FTW

Re fitness/diet/poker/health/reading/......Small steps.., EVERYTHING in moderation! KUDOS in recognising change was/is needed! Hope things work out health-wise. ...... Poker-wise.. mehh

BOOKS/Library??! Get a kindle!    ;-)

I read non-fiction BUT "The LADYBIRD Book of the Hangover" looks like a good read!  ;-))

He who dares Rodney............

BTW  YOU & Grantorino are the reasons I'm better at poker! 
    edited January 2016

Thanks Pad, that's very nice of you to say. Hope your improvement and enjoyment of the great game continues this year. Lambo has taken over the running of the clinics now, I'm sure he'll be able to help ya out! :)

----

Those books are the most appealling reccommendations so far MasterB. 

But New Year, New Me. 

Must not take the easy option.

Must challenge self. 

Dostoevsky ftw. 

In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    If you send us the hh of a five game husng batch i'll make some notes for you if like, squire...
    Posted by TeddyBloat

Thanks Teddy, that's an awesome offer but I'm always weary of wasting peoples time in spots like this. 

I'm just starting back at them and theres alot of re-cap and additional advanced study I need to do to get to a level where I could feel ok about taking you up on the offer. 

At the moment it'd feel abit like employing a professional personal trainer to tell me how best to walk round the park for an hour a day. 

Once I get up to break even or maybe winning @ $7s and looking to move to $15s, if you still have a spare hour to take a look that'd be awesome. 

Offer much appreciated though, good luck getting to the $100s this year ! <3 

-----

No poker today. 

Upped the intensity of the exercise a little bit this afternoon, I had to stop because I was worried I might've done too much. 

I was a little dizzy after, but not too bad. So I think I judged it just about right. 

First full day of healthy eating completed too!

Everyone needs to try the Frozen brocolli, pea, carrot, tomato, dried fruit/nuts and water blended up.

How hasn't it caught on yet !!!???  yummm. 

-----

Lost 20 English pounds on the skybet priceboost, because free scoring Leicester couldn't break down 10 man bournmouth at home, despite being awarded a penalty. 

Some of the ways skybet find to win the money on these boosts is amazing. 

-----

Long morning walk tomorrow, then poker tomorrow night after the darts final. 

GL all going into the Sunday Sesh'. 

• percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited January 2016
    regarding books, P.G. Wodehouse is by far my favourite fictional writer. I don't know how anyone can read his work and not fall in love. 

regarding tilt at the tables, I think it's too black & white to go either way on this (stay on the tables or insta-quit). with money directly on the line, it seems almost suicidal to carry on playing if you're not thinking clearly, and worse, if you're thinking completely irrationally, but it could be the best way to actually remove the mental issue. 

I'd always just suggest leaving your tables if you feel yourself making too many mistakes. this seems to have worked quite well for me over the years, but admittedly I never really had a significant mental leak. apart from the time I jammed 42o utg 100bb cos a reg said "lol" in the chatbox about one of my lines
  • liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    edited January 2016
    Hey Bud I don`t post often but I used to play yourself years ago at cash and I hated playing you, you were a pain and don`t understand why you don`t play cash pretty much most of your action atm I still think you give a lot regs between 20-50nl trouble when on your best tbh.

Best of luck what your playing but have confidence in your game I bet i`m not the only one that think you crush micro cash :)

edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Hey Bud I don`t post often but I used to play yourself years ago at cash and I hated playing you, you were a pain and don`t understand why you don`t play cash pretty much most of your action atm I still think you give a lot regs between 20-50nl trouble when on your best tbh. Best of luck what your playing but have confidence in your game I bet i`m not the only one that think you crush micro cash :)
    Posted by liamboi11
    Thanks mate. Those were good times, I was able to maintain a high win rate at 30nl after 18 cans of strong cider, whilst squinting through 1 eye. 

If only the games were still that easy! haha. 

Hoping to be back battling against you and the new guys sooner rather than later. Best of luck for 2016! :)

-----

Another good day of healthy eating and moving more than usual. 

Tomatos.
    Mushrooms
    Potato
    Broad Beans
    Turnip
    Green beans
    Peas
    Carrots
    Apple
    Banana
    Kale
    Spinach 
    Leak
    Onion

Why bother with 5 a day when you can have 14 a day. 

----

Just over an hour of 10nl played tonight after darts. 

No HU because I've got the quacks first thing so need to switch off and sleep. 

Annoyingly I won a buyin the very first hand at a new table before pokertracker had loaded, which distorts the graph, so I wont post it. 

+$13. 

-----------

baiely posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
    igusus posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Ac Kc ]
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$0.30 USD]
    sinnedking. folds
    Barman_1 folds
    Psssotnik calls [$0.30 USD]
    baiely calls [$0.25 USD]
    igusus folds
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 5c, 5s, 7c ]
    baiely checks
    PeteGibbons99 bets [$0.58 USD]
    Psssotnik calls [$0.58 USD]
    baiely folds
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ Js ]
    PeteGibbons99 

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this spot?

Trying to learn abit more about balance and stuff, do I have a check/call range here? 

Or rather, should I?

If so, what are the best hands to x/c with?

88/99/TT ?

Some draws?

Villain who continues to the turn is 23/19 over 1,400 hands. Pretty tight post flop, rarely bluffs etc. 

Villian who folds the flop is a big fishhh. 

---

I spose the new year starts for real tomorrow. 

I think it's highly likely the doctor will double the dose of the pills I'm on. 

Really not sure if that's the best line, because they've had no impact, it's not like they've worked abit but not quite enough, just nothing. 

And if the side effects get worse with a stronger dose it could mess up my new exercise enthusiasm.  

Stick or Twist?

Roll = £1282.85.

• TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited January 2016
    hey, i ran your hand through an equilibrium solver:

some caveats:

+ i am only just starting to work with this solver, so i havent all the nuances / set up down. but this was a good excuse to attempt building a tree, and in a game i am unfamiliar wi

+ i have no idea about 6max 100bb ranges. i assumed you raise A8o+, A6s+ all broadway and 76s+

+ i had villain flat the following range: http://imgur.com/PryXmsR [the colours / 0.5 etc are weights. so i had him 3bet QQ 75% of the time and flat it .25 etc]

+ the solver only allows heads-up, so i ignored the villain in the blinds. for turn play it shouldnt make a great deal of difference.

+ i gave the solver 50%, 75% 100% of pot betsizes + an allin size on flop and turn. and only allowed it to pot river to save on tree size [and time]

so you should abosolutely[heads up, 3 way it may be different] cbet this flop . all of your range cbets at the equilibrium and a half-pot size is strongly favoured.

villain will flat 67.78% and fold the rest. villain doesnt raise at all v half-pot sizing

on the Js you check 41.3% of your range. so you absoulutely have a checking range if you are looking to be properly balanced

AcKc checks 44% of the time. your checking range is here: http://imgur.com/f9k3lHc

and you c/call v a bet.

basically your hand is indifferent to checking and betting. the EV's here are exactly the same. so in this case villains optimal strategy is making our hand indifferent between betting and checking. in reality most villains will actually play well against our bet. they should call all 7x and fold most A and K high without draws. and he shouldnt raise much v our barrel.  this probably approaches the average players strat on this turn. but we can adjust and break indifferences when we have reads. for example:

so if villain is tight enough to fold 97o then we strictly prefer betting. if he is agressive enough to raise his turned draws and marginal hands then we should check.

btw this solver is called piosolver. they have a free version that will solve turn and river play with limited betsizes. but it is a fantastic tool if you want to get some idea of what optimal play villains range v your range looks like etc
    edited January 2016

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyahhhhhhhhhhhh.

A testing day.

It started when I decided to try my hand @ 10nl fastfold on bwin/party. 

It does funny things to me. 

I play in turbo mode, I'm snap folding/calling/opening when it's on me, trying to cram as many hands in as possible as quickly as I can. 

This leads to me playing emotionally in the games and I think it compounds all the feelings of anger/frustration/satisfaction etc that you get within a poker session. 

I got #punnishh ed for it bigtime, finishing up 4 buyins down. 

Instead of quitting I powered on, opening up some regular 10nl to try and make the result of the day look respectable. 

I must've had some risidual tilt there as the spew continued. 

The head had gone :(

There are at least some positives.

- I managed to play through some tilt issues and play the final 500 hands of the session profitably. 

- I've given myself my first 10/10 for effort.

- I lost track of time during the session. This is a weird positive, but it's so much better getting 'in to it' rather than clockwatching. 

- The bwin "your turn alert" blips have masked my tinitus ! 

- Almost all the losses were in 'fast fold' games, so the damage to my regular 10nl tables graph is minimal <3

- I'm mega motivated to get my money back tomorrow. 

Roll = £1252.38

-------------

Teddy that's a great post, thanks very much for taking the time to do and share it. 

I read it earlier but I'll need to do so again a few times. 

A job for when my brain is less frazzled. 

--------------

Any other business...

Doc left it up to me to decide if I want to up the dose on the miserable gi t pills. 

I declined, told him I will give it everything for 6 weeks, 100% commitment to exercise and diet to make sure I've done all I can to help myself, and I don't want some unpleasant pills to get in the way of that. 

If I do that, and there's still no improvement, then I really don't know what happens from there. 

So let's hope it doesn't come to that. 

-------------

Few hands....

AggRooo999 posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
    PeteGibbons99 posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Ks Jd ]
    mvpkrgg folds
    Becks_Game folds
    Vandar1988 raises [$0.25 USD]
    mattyvx88 calls [$0.25 USD]
    AggRooo999 folds
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$1.04 USD]
    Vandar1988 folds
    mattyvx88 calls [$0.89 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ Ad, 6c, Js ]
    PeteGibbons99 bets [$1.32 USD]
    mattyvx88 calls [$1.32 USD]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 6h ]
    Your time bank will be activated in 6 secs. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
    PeteGibbons99 bets [$2.70 USD]
    mattyvx88 calls [$2.70 USD]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 5h ]
    PeteGibbons99 is all-In  [$6.69 USD]
    mattyvx88 is all-In  [$4.84 USD]

Decided to turn my KJ into a bluff here. I think the mistake is on the turn bet sizing, I didn't leave enough firepower for the river to get the fold I wanted. 

If I'd sized it properly I think I'm just getting called by 6666 AQ and AJ which I block. 

Thoughts?

------
    2)  100xbb eff

Oppo is 17/15 over 48 hands, no 3b yet. Fold to cbet 2/3 times. No relevant post flop stats really. 

Bet/fold fd in 3b pot? 

PeteGibbons99 posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
    massathegrea posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  7d 8d ]
    DelLana22 folds
    CSGxop folds
    Becks_Game raises [$0.30 USD]
    januszek1984 folds
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$0.95 USD]
    massathegrea folds
    Becks_Game calls [$0.70 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 4d, Jd, 3s ]
    PeteGibbons99 bets [$1.21 USD]
    Becks_Game raises [$3.10 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 

------

3) 100xbb eff 

Oppo is 27/23 over 100 fastfold hands. 10% 3b (3 times)

Are we folding at any point?

If so, where? 

massathegrea posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
    Vandar1988 posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  Qh Ah ]
    rosadesiree folds
    PeteGibbons99 raises [$0.30 USD]
    Syrex1972 folds
    Becks_Game folds
    massathegrea raises [$1.05 USD]
    Vandar1988 folds
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.80 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ As, Ts, 8s ]
    massathegrea bets [$1.70 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$1.70 USD]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 7c ]
    massathegrea bets [$2.71 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 

-----

4)  190xbb effective to start the hand with mvpkrgg. 110xbb eff w/ the opener. 

mvpkrgg is 22/21 over 84 hands. 11% 3b. 

Can we fold the turn?

Do we fold the river?

anripotter77 posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
    mvpkrgg posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to PeteGibbons99 [  2s 2d ]
    Syrex1972 folds
    claim2cards raises [$0.25 USD]
    PeteGibbons99 calls [$0.25 USD]
    xcossackx folds
    anripotter77 folds
    mvpkrgg calls [$0.15 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 9h, 3d, 2h ]
    mvpkrgg checks
    claim2cards checks