You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited July 2017

Oooops page 10, that attempt to start posting more didn't work out. 

I'm gonna have a wee game of poker this afternoon for the first time in yonks. 

Last month was a good month off the tables, I completed 200 miles in 30 days, including a week off on holiday in the middle and then a very tough half marathon towards the end. 

Given the difficulty with high winds over the humber bridge and umpteen hill climbs including one half mile climb after 12 miles nicknamed "cardiac hill", I was chuffed to finish just 45 seconds outside my PB. 

I followed it the following weekend with a 5k park run, this time taking 45 seconds off my PB. 

Overall feeling very happy with the fitness and confident of being able to run a sub 2h half marathon at some point this year. 

However, I am on a waiting list (and have been for a while) for some minor surgery (non running or fatigue related) which will keep me out for around 4 weeks, in which im expecting the fitness levels to drop significantly.

I've been in regular contact with my pre op consultant who assures me I wont get the call for at least another 2 weeks, so the aim is to find a fast and flat course asap to give it a crack. 

If anyone knows of anything, i dont care where it is, please let me know coz im struggling !!!!

----

Anyway, few beers and a game of cards to look forward to this afternoon, lets hope I can remember the rules. 

Have a good weekend all !x
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,502
    edited September 2017

2 months since we heard from JJ, anyone know if he is OK?
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    2 months since we heard from JJ, anyone know if he is OK?
    Posted by Tikay10
    He's still active on Facebook, speak to him most days, seems okay.
  • Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    edited September 2017
    Think I still have your email DOHHHHHHH WILL TRY TO FIND IT AND SEND YOU A MESSAGE LOVE YOU ALWAY,S PAIGE XX HOPE YOU ARE OK MY FRIEND XX
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS STILL THE SAME DOHHHHHHH X
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Morning. 

What's happening, who's been getting all the money :)

You know when your last diary post is like 3 months ago, and within it is a load of waffle about how you're going to make an effort to post more?

That. 

----

It's been a busy summer, 

As usual there's been some ups and downs, good days, bad days, challenging days, rewarding days, frustratng days, hard days, probably an easy day or 2 in there as well but its a poker diary so we dnt like to admit that sometimes things go our way :)

The biggest thing that's happened I guess, is at 30 years old I've finally moved out of my parents house! 

I'm now in Bridlington, after falling in love with the area on multiple visits and holidays I plucked up the courage to go ahead and move here. 

It's only been a couple of weeks, and so far I love it here, just a 1 mile jog to the harbour, and a 10k jog up the road to the Flamborough coast, a little futher on to Filey and Scarborough and still only an hours drive "home" or I guess I should say "to my Dads house" now. 

---

The rest of the summer has been really frustrating, 

Like really really really f^in frustrating. 

First of all we're no further along with a diagnisis for the fatigue issue. 

In fact we've reached the end of the line. 

I was referred to and assessed by a private chronic fatigue clinic. 

It was very posh. 

Lovely leather seats in the waiting room, nice cuppa, the selection of biscuits to accompany looked world class, although of course I didn't endulge, (sugar nit etc) but ultimtately they didn't know what was wrong with me.

Other than I do not have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. 

Which Is something I could've ruled out myself after 2 minutes on google. 

IDK mannnn. 

Anyway, although that was disappointing, the main cause of frustration is another issue...

After going to the doctor with a different complaint I was referred again to the hospital (long waiting list) and then once I got there was told I'd need some minor surgery, again, going on a waiting list of 6-8 weeks. 

3 months later I ring them up to see if they've forgotten about me, they havent but my surgeon has had to go home to India due to a personal matter so everyone on his list has been delayed. 

doh. 

The next week I get a call to go in as there's been a cancellation. 

Surgery (only very minor) goes well and I'm told to go home and rest for 6 weeks. 

ugh. 

Am gonna get fat. 

Fatter*

That's ok, try and turn it into a positive. 

A month or so off running/training might do me good, some time to relax give the body a break, just have to stay on top of diet and make sure I don't gain too much weight etc. 

A week later I'm bored senseless and consoling myself with 8 tins of Corrs and a Lucianos special Pizza with onion rings. 

Roll on 6 weeks to my outpatient appointment. 

Apparently the surgery hadn't gone to plan afterall, and I'd need another operation to correct it.  

Another waiting list. 

At least I can run again, but is there any point in trying to get fit and lose weight knowing that when I get the call I'll be laid up and getting fat and unfit all over again?

Probably, but it's super hard to motivate yourself in that situation. 

Anyway, 3 weeks ago today I had Op number 2. 

So right now,  I'm half way through re-hab period number 2.

I think everything went well this time, I'll learn more on Friday when I see my surgeon. 

I wont go into detail about what they did to me, it's nothing serious just very minor surgery, in and out the same day x2.

Just a really frustrating prolongued recovery period where I need complete rest. 

Anyway, hopefully I'm fixed now. 

----

On the positives. 

Earlier in the year, I said my running goal was to complete a half marathon in sub 2 hours. 

3 days before operation number 1 I decided to give it a go, knowing that all my fitness would disappear I thought I'd take the freeroll and have a crack right now whilst im in decent shape. 

And I did it!

30 seconds or so inside 2 hours. 

Okay, it wasn't an official race, but it was 13.1094 Miles in under 2 hours. 

So I'm claiming it. 

I'm so so glad I did that because due to recent events I don't think I'll be going under 2 hours again this year, I probably wont even get a chance to race again :'(

----

Unibet gave me a €25 tournament ticket to use.

FOR FREE.

I used it and won the tournament and withdrew the 500 pounds. 

To pay for fabric conditioner and toilet roll. 

Starting to play abit more on sky, as well as other sites. 

The super soft early morning cash grind, and some multi table tournaments at night. 

I'm struggling alot with the fatigue thing whilst playing poker, it's a game all about focus and concentration and being mentally sharp and alert. 

im just f*d. 

Can't do it. 

So tired. 

Spose I can do it. Sometimes. 

So I keep trying. 

----- 

Any other business. 

RIP Ashes hopes. 

God Ben Stokes is so brain dead. 

Even in game he just makes some crazy thoughtless decisions sometimes. 

He's so important to everything we do as a team too, irreplaceable. 

And the bowling attack we've chosen to take over there seems incredibly weak to me. 

I'll steal the cringeworthy phrase often used in these spots, because never has it been mroe relevant than here, Liam Plunkett must've been caught in the act with Andrew Strauss' wife. 

If ever a bowler was Phil Taylor made for an Ashess tour down under it's him. 

It's on bl00dy BT sport too isnt it. 

I'm done with cricket 

xx

That's enough for now, have a good day all xxx

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    edited October 2017

Good to see you back JJ. Life stuff is sent to try us, hang it there. 

I clocked this bit BTW...;)

I'm now in Bridlington, after falling in love 
  • Options
    edited October 2017

oioi, JJ is back, good to hear from you man. Brid is lovely, & you can get cracking fish & chips there.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    All the best DOHHHHHHH love paige xx
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited October 2017
    Good to hear from you and glad there is some positive news in there and GL turning round the stuff that hasn't gone so well.

How are the dogs? 

• Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    edited October 2017
    good to hear from you dohhh - My m8 mate is from Bridlington and always going on about wanting to back there one day - sounds nice

GL with the recovery
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited October 2017
    Great to see you back 
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    * BUMP *.....time for your monthly post on your diary mate B)

Oh.....I believe this could be today too. @DOHHHHHHH

• Options
    Happy Birthday DOHHHHHHH LOVE paige :):):):)
  • Options

oioi, (belated) happy birthday to JJ>
  • Options
    Good Evening all. the new forum looks nice!

I've come on to thank everyone for their help and support again over the last 12 months.

The role this forum and particularly contributions to this thread have impacted my life in recent years is quite mind blowing, and will never be forgotten by me. I'm truly grateful to everyone who has taken the time to help me to help myself improve my life.

And I hope you all, and all your families have a profitable and more importantly a Happy Christmas and New Year period.

Cheers x

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    You too dohhhhhhh

Have a good un!
  • Options
    mrsduckmrsduck Member Posts: 1,901
    Merry Christmas Dohhhh!
  • Options

Great to hear from you JJ, hope we will see plenty of you on here in '18.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Diary comeback attempt #7,362

How we doing?

I'm going to have a bash at playing a decent amount of poker this month.

If that isn't unlikely enough on it's own, I'm going to try and write about it too.

500/1 the double.

------

For someone who never seems to do anything, lots of stuff seems to happen to me.

Or at least It feels like it does.

Maybe it doesn't and that perception is just a result of constant overthinking.

Which in itself is ironic, for someone who thoroughly dislikes having to think.

(evidenced by the fact that ive been playing 30nl for the last 121 years)

Its been an up and down summer, but maybe I can talk about that at a later date.

------

For now, why am I here?

It's good to talk, I guess.

It's something I've under-estimated of late.

I get into my own bubble, and I stay there.

When life is going well, that's all well and good.

When it isn't, and things go wrong, the bubble can be a truly awful, lonely place.

Over the last month or so I've made alot of effort to branch out/reach out, to old friends and new friends, to try and learn from past mistakes and set up some support networks, to help me move forward in life.

It's a little deep for a first post, but it's important.

And when I think back to my darkest days (of which there were many) my main (and for a long time, my only) source of support was the skypoker community.

Specifically, the people who posted on here.

Is that abit sad?

Maybe, you be the judge.

But i'll never forget, and always be thankful to the good folks of SP.

-----

So.... poker...

We're plodding! still.

It's one long plod.

But it's okay, we're gonna have a go at making some money this month.

Christmas is coming, and I hear pokerstars are going to be moving in, how long do we have left !!!!! :'(

I like challenges/goals. I think they suit my personality, to have a target in mind, and a deadline to achieve it.

I also think i've been around long enough now to not completely go to sh!t if I set a monetary goal, and struggle to get there.

So lets have a crack at making a grand after rakeback in October.

Playing whatever, whenever.

Low stakes cash primarily.

The result is out of my control, the effort levels are not.

----

I HATE doing this, because it really really annoys me when other people do.

But I've already had a good start.

I did try to post before I started playing but I couldnae' find the thread.

+ £79.81

---

I'd love to get some inter-action back in here.

Otherwise it'll probably just be session reports.

Did anyone else predict the demise of Special Jose 18 months ago?

Or was that just me? :D:D:D:D:D

If ever there was a perfect sporting/life example of variance evening out over time, it's been his Man United career.

<3

----

Back to the cash tables tonight, to probably lose what I made this morning and have to start all over again tomorrow.

Thanks for reading,

JJ

----