You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited August 2015
    Sorry to hear that stokefc :(
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Ive been telling my brother for two years to go to the doctors about his SMOKERS cough,he kept brushing it aside,even a friend booked him in the doctors about 18 months ago,he didnt turn up hes been diagnosed with lung cancer on monday tommorw he,ll find out what stage the progression is(personnally im expecting the worse) hes 46 ffs hes not just me bro,hes my work partner and my best friend idk if he was just affraid of going the docs fearing the worst but now its too late,thats why if your not feeling right get down the docs anyway there ive said it :(
    Posted by stokefc
    Really sorry to hear this news mate, It seems  harder when it is someone you love, I would rather anything happen to me than any of my family, selfish I guess but as I said it is heartbreaking when its someone in the family. My best wishes to your brother and all your family in this difficult time, keep fingers crossed for better news from the tests.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    edited August 2015
    Dohh my good man, follow the advice given re hounding docs, I was lucky that I saw a new Doc and she sent me for blood tests and I was found to have prostate cancer, I am not suggesting for a moment that your symptoms are the same as mine just that a different approach can make all the difference. Ps, me being lucky means I was stage 3 and able to have brachytherapy and radiotherapy and I am having on-going treatment and may have a chance of a few years ahead and I am enjoying life on a daily basis ( apart from being grumpy and emotional some days which I can blame on the treatment - happy days :)

Oh and I fin 2nd in rewards freeroll tonight #alwaysfinishwithabrag
  • clubhammerclubhammer Member Posts: 109
    edited August 2015
    Ive been telling my brother for two years to go to the doctors about his SMOKERS cough,he kept brushing it aside,even a friend booked him in the doctors about 18 months ago,he didnt turn up hes been diagnosed with lung cancer on monday tommorw he,ll find out what stage the progression is(personnally im expecting the worse) hes 46 ffs hes not just me bro,hes my work partner and my best friend idk if he was just affraid of going the docs fearing the worst but now its too late,thats why if your not feeling right get down the docs anyway there ive said it :(
    Posted by stokefc
    Sorry to read this. I've sent you a PM mate.
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited August 2015
    Posted by stokefc
    Very sorry to hear this Stoke, and I wish him and your family all the best tomorrow. 

I hope you get some encouraging news. 
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    edited August 2015
    Posted by stokefc
    Oh my Stokey, that's dreadful news.

Fingers crossed it's not as bad as you understandably fear.
    edited August 2015
    Thanks to everyone who's posted recently, I really do appreciate people taking the time and effort to offer encouraementand also ideas as to what might be going on.

Even when Lambo suggested vit B tabs. And all they did was turned my pee green and make me feel 10 x worse and £19.99 (+ delivery) poorer.

Still appreciated the effort! :D

@Rik, when I spoke to the doc yesterday 1 of the things she mentioned was sleep apnoea. So I assume if theres nothing obvious in my blood results she will probably try and eliminate that as a potential cause afterwards.

Signs of OSA while you are awake can include:
    • not feeling refreshed after waking up
    • feeling very sleepy during the day
    • poor concentration
    3/3! :(

@Tomo, thanks for posting Sir. It's quite inspirational that you can have such a positive attitude in the circumstances. 

The recent posts from you and Stoke have been quite harrowing. I'm normally fairly strong minded and try to take the positives and be optimistic where possible as it has helped me deal with the downs of the last 5/6 years, but there's no doubt that recently with how I've been feeling I've let that slip abit.

Although I'm not in the best place mentally/physically right now things could easily be much worse, and who knows next week when I get the blood results, they might be. So theres really no excuse for the poor attitude and feeling sorry for myself like I've had in recent weeks.

On a more positive note, congrats on the freeroll score.

It's a criticism often fired @ Bates. 

Yes it's all well and good winning the mains and super rollers, but can he cut it at the toughest level and crush the freerolls?

The answer, so far, unfortunately for him and his reputation as a potential 'Total Player', is no. 

@MrsDuck, no history that I'm aware of. I did get quite alot of pain in my lower right back when I stopped drinking alcohol. But I put that down to playing alot of darts, because I have a really awkward stance :). I stopped playing darts, and it went.

gg alcohol, darts, and now eggs. pffft. whats left :(

I will definitely mention the egg thing to the doctor. And hope she has a Voila moment :D

fwiw, I also noticed on the food diary that I felt better the days after eating cod (fish) too. 

How do you eat breakfast without eggs???   :'(

@doylebrun, Welcome to the thread buddy. I've just read up on Fibromyalgia. Some of it fits, some of it really doesn't at all. I don't have any sort of pain, no headaches or stomach pain. Aching body is only after exercise and is no different to how I felt after exercising when I was 15/18/20/22 etc so that all seems standard.

It sounds a really tough thing to deal with though, and far from ideal for an online poker grinder! 

If you're looking for tournaments that last under 2 hours and start pretty much 24/7, there are some 180 and/or 90 player sit n gos on pokerstars. They start and end within 2 hours easily. Might be worth checking out if you want a break from the 10nl grind.

Thanks again for posting, see you at the tables again soon :)

--------

That's alot of replies!

I'm not just saying this, but the recent activity on here has made me feel alot more positive.

Just talking about it abit, even in a place as obscure as an online poker diary has made me more determined to a) 'get better' and b) if that's not possible in the short term, at least deal with things as best I can. 

------

Poker....

Rubbish @ mtts yesterday. I think my brief flirtation with them will now be over. 

Cash, better.

Roll @ £945, nearing that 20nl shot. 

Looking forward to a decent amount of poker today, and the RLODC QF live on sky as Yorkshire travel down to fortress Chelmsford.

In for the blood tests tomorrow and then out to spend the day watching a local cricket match on Saturday.

Good luck all on and off the table this weekend :)

P.S, I forgot to mention I hit 4 months off booze today  'vamosssss' :D

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited August 2015

Always keep an eye on this diary JJ. Really hope you get the cause sorted out, and things turn for the better. Easier said than done, but try not to stress/worry about stuff too much. You have done the right thing and confronted it now and hopefully these 'overpaid doctors who do hardly any hours of work' can diagnose you correctly and come up with a solution for you promptly.

My thoughts and best wishes are also with Sean & his family. 

• VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,275
    edited August 2015
    Long time silent reader wishing you all the best.
    Mick
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for the reply Dohhhhhhh I can play longer in tournaments but usually 1 or 2 at a time and with Sky I would not be playing all night but usually don't have that problem as I get knocked out of them pretty early, just can't seem to play them. Hope you get to the bottom of your problem soon so it can be sorted out half the problem for me was not knowing what was wrong with me.  
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for the reply Dohhhhhhh I can play longer in tournaments but usually 1 or 2 at a time and with Sky I would not be playing all night but usually don't have that problem as I get knocked out of them pretty early, just can't seem to play them. Hope you get to the bottom of your problem soon so it can be sorted out half the problem for me was not knowing what was wrong with me.  
    Posted by DoyleBrun
    Hi Doyle,

Just a suggestion, but have you considered playing SNG's or DYM's? They only last around 40 minutes, tops.

In fact, for some players - Jac35 & Macacgirl spring readily to mind - they barely last 5 minutes.

edited August 2015

From my recent experiences battling with doylebrun in the 10nl games, I feel he would be a formidable DYM opponent ;)
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Hi Doyle, Just a suggestion, but have you considered playing SNG's or DYM's? They only last around 40 minutes, tops. In fact, for some players - Jac35 & Macacgirl spring readily to mind - they barely last 5 minutes.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    You can't give me a tap in like that, Tikay!
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    edited August 2015
    Yes have played quite a few DYM's and I do enjoy them but more of a change really but mainly a low stakes cash player with a few very low stake tournaments and any freeroll I can get in. Happy playing these have read several books on tournament play but I think you need a good memory and good concentration which I lack but thanks for the advice Tikay.
    edited August 2015
    Long day on the tables today.

Just completed 2,500 hands of 5nl zoom.

I won 1 dollar.

Sounds like a hideous way to spend your time, but I really enjoyed the grind for the first time in a while. 

Fun hand.

UTG 3x
    UTG+1 9x from 150xbb   (10% 3b >250 hands)
    ME 'smooth call' with AA, playing 200xbb
    Fold
    Fold 
    BB 27xxbb from 150xbb

UTG fold
    UTG+1 call.
    I rip 150xbb effective.
    BB fold
    UTG+1 call w/ KK

AKQ

T

NO JACK PLZ DEALER.

K.

Ping.

gg.

-----

Great win for yorks.

Semi final is a week Sunday and I'm hoping to be there :)

Back for some more poker fun tomorrow after the docteurs.
    edited August 2015

"Just completed 2,500 hands of 5nl zoom.

I won 1 dollar.......

Sounds like a hideous way to spend your time, but I really enjoyed the grind
    "

Isn't it amazing how poker does this to us? All that effort for a measly one buck - & yet we love it. 

I can play 4 hours of an evening, make, say, £10, & I'm chuffed to bits. £2.50 per hour. And yet I come back for more, night after night.

In 2 weeks time, there is a "Happy Days" (double points on SNG's) weekend, & I'll play 12 or 14 hours over 3 days to nick an extra £10 or £15  in Rewards Money. How daft is that? And yet I can't wait.

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited August 2015
    Thoughts on the Skybet special? Seems foolproof.....and Sky are letting me have £75 on it, fml when West Ham get a 90th min leveller.
    edited August 2015
    Thoughts on the Skybet special? Seems foolproof.....and Sky are letting me have £75 on it, fml when West Ham get a 90th min leveller.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ugh mannnnn.

Very impressed with City so far having watched all 3 of their games.

Aguero triple captains points boost in my FF this week too. 

Also seen all 3 Liverpool games and think they've been ok. Very good at Arsenal on Monday.

Chelsea? :/ 

Dodgy v Pardiolas Palace. 

But 2/1, yep in. 

Dunno how much though. 

It's 1 of those where I'd have a fiver on in the morning, then after a couple of pints, another tenner, then by the end of a session I'd be in for £50 or something

£25 maybeeeeeeeeeeeee.

-------

Dohlby City update.

Did bloods @ 10.30am 

Had call at 2pm saying something was very very low so been prescribed some meds and need to be re-tested in 4 months. 

Glad they've found something (idk what yet). 

Fingers crossed. 

900 5nl zoom hands this morning, +$5.

Nap now before Fri Night Grind.
    edited August 2015

Had a great spot to grind tonight.

No sport on TV, felt ok, not great obviously, but ok. 

No distractions or excuses.

Unless I made some for myself :(

Of course I did, fbook/twitch/tv/youtube. meh. 

Played a few hours but never really got into the grind, I definitly regret nights like this the most because there are times when I cant be Rsd to even try to grind. So when I feel I can I need to capitalizeeeee.

---

Anyway decent day on the zoom tables.

Played abit of 8nl to finish. 

Does anyone else repeatedly come off the micro tables on here and the result of the session is always worse than you expected?

It happens to me in 97.34% of sessions. 

Anyway I won a quid. 

I'll take it. 

-----

Roll is now peaking @ £961. 

----

Recorded a video of my play earlier. 

Played really well, got some interesting spots where I overbet for bluffs and value, made some big calls and big folds. 

Was really happy with it. 

Until it didn't save.

Tilt uninstalled the software and gg'd that idea. 

----

Out at cricket tomorrow afternoon with lots of poker either side. 

Shooting for that £1k roll!

---

nl8 games are what's known as 'soft as sheight' atm if you're bored/skint, too scared to play higher, or both/all 3.  

Need sleep though. 

gn, gl all playing.

• MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : ugh mannnnn. Very impressed with City so far having watched all 3 of their games. Aguero triple captains points boost in my FF this week too.  Also seen all 3 Liverpool games and think they've been ok. Very good at Arsenal on Monday. Chelsea? :/  Dodgy v Pardiolas Palace.  But 2/1, yep in.  Dunno how much though.  It's 1 of those where I'd have a fiver on in the morning, then after a couple of pints, another tenner, then by the end of a session I'd be in for £50 or something £25 maybeeeeeeeeeeeee. ------- Dohlby City update. Did bloods @ 10.30am  Had call at 2pm saying something was very very low so been prescribed some meds and need to be re-tested in 4 months.  Glad they've found something (idk what yet).  Fingers crossed.  900 5nl zoom hands this morning, +$5. Nap now before Fri Night Grind.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Your poker ability?