You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• _kagawa__kagawa_ Member Posts: 156
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Your poker ability?
    Posted by MattBates
    your a ss to the ground. ?

Sorry could not resist it
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : your a ss to the ground. ? Sorry could not resist it
    Posted by _kagawa_
    <3

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    edited August 2015

Sounds like good news that the medics seem to have identified the problem.

WP all.

edited August 2015
    Sounds like good news that the medics seem to have identified the problem. WP all.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes TK I'm very pleased and optimistic with the outcome. And I owe alot to the people who've posted here (imparticular Geldy, Tom, stoke, who's posts really hit home) and also encouraged me outside of here. 

I've been putting off re-contacting the doctor for months despite pestering from friends and family both online and irl. 

This thread definitelyhelped give me the final nudge I needed to do it. 

I don't know alot about like World medical organisations or politics n stuff. But I'm really appreciative of all the medical services we get in Doncaster (and who knows maybe the rest of the UK !?!?!?) for free.

--------

I remember once the day after my worst experience with online poker. 

I got absolutely steaming drunk (hit the top shelf, doh) to the point where I could barely walk.

Decided this was a good time to shoot at £2/4 HU.   (yes, it's the style story)

And lost the £1,200 I had in my account. 

As a 30nl player at the time, and believe it or not a winning 1....

This would take a longggg time to recover.   (assume an optimistic, best case scenario 10xbb per hour per table, 6 tabling = > 66 hours of poker)

So I was distraught the day after. Probably the nut low feeling I've had, not just losing the money (I was technically rolled for the 2/4 game) but just with everything in life too and also the almighty hangover I had. 

I remember that day refusing to wake up, everytime I did, I'd remember what had happened and force myself to go back to sleep. haha. Didn't actually 'get up' until 5pm. 

Anyway, going off track. 

I remember having a thought back then, about all the stuff I have in life that is free. 

The most crazy one I remember was...

"Would I pay £1.2k to have arms?"

- yes

"Would I pay more than £1.2k to have arms?"

- yes

"Well I have them for free, so even though I donated £1.2k I'm still running +ev" 

:D

It got me through the mini crisis anyway. 

So yah, I'm very lucky to have lots of awesome free stuff. 

Including a GP, arms, legs etc. 

But not 3 heads, as has been suggested as a reason I never attended an SPT. 

Definitely only have 1 head. 

And that was free too. (or at least, I didn't pay for it)

*Victory*.

---------

Cricket was good yesterday.

I used to play alot of Saturday league stuff at a very low level. 

Junior cricket I represented Doncaster and failed at country trials level, but when I hit the adult league it was very much recreation rather than anything serious. 

Watching the 2 teams yesterday brought back alot of funny memories from those days, and it's definitely something I'm wanting to get back into doing next year. 

It's funny watching the enthusiasm in the field during the first few overs. 

New day, new ball, fresh young bowlers, fielders chirpy, walking in with the bowler, clapping, encouragement etc. 

Roll on 20 overs and everyone has lost interest, the fat middle aged guy is bowling off 2 paces, and the outfielders are stood talking about their plans for the night out.

<3 cricket. 

-----

Played some poker after, I'd written the night off as I was shattered after moving alot (ok a little) but alot more than usual during the afternoon. 

So they were bonus hours.

Was rewarded with some run good.

Roll = £981. 

I started the spin up from £40 on the 29th May, so it would be nice to hit £1k today and get there within 3 months (and a day).

GL to all on the Sunday grind. 

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    edited August 2015
    Just a few thoughts

Really good that you're getting sorted health wise.
    Agree NHS is great 
    If you only paid £1.2k for arms then I reckon you can add to your roll considerably. I believe there are plenty of rogue states that would give you more than £1.2k for them.
    Cricket thing made me smile. I used to play Saturday afternoon cricket. We had an opener who was rubbish and he was fully aware of this. He's go into bat at 14.00 and be out within a couple of overs. He then had to watch for 4 hours and spend the other 4 hours fielding. Asked him why he played. 
    "**** of a lot better than spending Saturday with the missus"

Really good to see diary back
    edited August 2015
    Just a few thoughts Really good that you're getting sorted health wise. Agree NHS is great  If you only paid £1.2k for arms then I reckon you can add to your roll considerably. I believe there are plenty of rogue states that would give you more than £1.2k for them. Cricket thing made me smile. I used to play Saturday afternoon cricket. We had an opener who was rubbish and he was fully aware of this. He's go into bat at 14.00 and be out within a couple of overs. He then had to watch for 4 hours and spend the other 4 hours fielding. Asked him why he played.  "**** of a lot better than spending Saturday with the missus" Really good to see diary back
    Posted by Jac35
    haha this is brilliant. 

It's true the cricket did always seem secondary on a Saturday. 

I know TK often writes about his enjoyment of live poker in a way that suggests it's the banter, the characters and the atmosphere that gets him going.......and then there's the poker as well..... 

Always seemed that way with the cricket lads too. 

Beer > everything else > cricket. 

Sunday football not so much. 

They all think they're Ronaldo, and expect you to be him too. (or in my case Schmeichel)  

Still fun to watch (because they really aren't Ronaldos!) but playing? nahhh. 

-----------

It's a sad day for me today. 

My pet dog of 13 years Toby passed away this morning. 

It was sudden in terms of he wasn't ill or anything, but he was touching 16 years old (which is a good age for a Staffy, I believe) and although he was living a pain free normal life, still going for walks and eating his body weight in chews daily, he was struggling more and more with his legs. 

So we knew it was coming and they eventually packed in altogether today due to nerve problems in his back.

The consolation is that he wasn't in any pain, because he couldn't feel anything in his back half!. 

There were options to send him for scans and stuff but it would be a lengthy and extremely optimistic process which in all likelihood would end the same way, and he literally couldn't walk as he had no feeling in his back legs. 

So at his age there really wasn't any choice. 

Some might've seen him TV tarting on 861 last year on a 'Petfie' show :)

gg Toby, a great pet and friend!  :(

edited August 2015

Oh my, that's so sad.

He reminds me a little of Numpty, who is Rob Yong's dog.

Still, he never suffered, that's the main thing.

RIP Toby.
  • percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re::
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : haha this is brilliant.  It's true the cricket did always seem secondary on a Saturday.  I know TK often writes about his enjoyment of live poker in a way that suggests it's the banter, the characters and the atmosphere that gets him going.......and then there's the poker as well.....  Always seemed that way with the cricket lads too.  Beer /> everything else > cricket.  Sunday football not so much.  They all think they're Ronaldo, and expect you to be him too. (or in my case Schmeichel)   Still fun to watch (because they really aren't Ronaldos!) but playing? nahhh.  ----------- It's a sad day for me today.  My pet dog of 13 years Toby passed away this morning.  It was sudden in terms of he wasn't ill or anything, but he was touching 16 years old (which is a good age for a Staffy, I believe) and although he was living a pain free normal life, still going for walks and eating his body weight in chews daily, he was struggling more and more with his legs.  So we knew it was coming and they eventually packed in altogether today due to nerve problems in his back. The consolation is that he wasn't in any pain, because he couldn't feel anything in his back half!.  There were options to send him for scans and stuff but it would be a lengthy and extremely optimistic process which in all likelihood would end the same way, and he literally couldn't walk as he had no feeling in his back legs.  So at his age there really wasn't any choice.  Some might've seen him TV tarting on 861 last year on a 'Petfie' show :)http://i.imgur.com/Zm2eAxC.jpg gg Toby, a great pet and friend!  :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    :( I know how it feels - mine went last year. gg Toby, wp in the pic
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,066
    edited August 2015
    Rip Toby......good innings though and pleased he didn't suffer.

How are you doing? Was sleep apnoea ruled out then? Thought I would mention it as the symptoms were very similar.

Wp forum though, it has it's moments of intense negativity, especially in recent times, but it's always good to see the forum regs showing support for others in difficult times.........bit soppy but I've had a beer lol
  • _kagawa__kagawa_ Member Posts: 156
    edited August 2015
    So sorry about your dog  that photo is beautiful mate, looked like a real character.

GG Toby
    edited August 2015

Thanks for the nice comments re the hound. 

We actually got him from a local RSPCA shelter thing. 

His previous owners weren't very nice to him, they just tied him up outside the shelter overnight, didn't leave any information or anything. The people at the shelter didn't even know his name!

The RSPCA are my favourite charity . Whenever I win a comedy prop bet with a mate I always nominate them as my chosen 'good cause'. 

Donald must be sick of getting mail from them with the amount of bets he's lost to me ;)

But without them we wouldn't have found him!

Running good at free stuff again :)

-------

Pokerz.

Low volume today, wish I could blame the days events but in truth I've just been really nackered again. 

Just too tired. 

Played abit this morning and then an hour just now and ran very good. 

5nl zoom again.

The cards are doing their best to tempt me to play but the body and mind aren't co-operating. 

Maybe tomorrow. 

----

Played a hand today that made me 'lol' during the session

I got to see a free flop in the big blind with 69. 

Flopped a nice hand when it came 789r

Bet and got called once. 

2x ott. 

Bet again, called again. 

5 otr. 

Decided he has very few Jx in his range, definitely J9 and less likely but still possibly J8,J7 and ofc J6.

I thought there was enough non Jx hands that could call another bet anyway, so led out for around 1/3 of the pot again.

He snap called me

with pocket jacks. 

------

@ Rik, no mate sleep apnoea still hasn't been ruled out. I think they rule out the physical stuff first? starting with the strange results of the bloods. And then look at other possible causes. 

The doc definitely mentioned it as 1 of the potential problems. Hopefully it doesn't get as far as looking at that but maybe :/ 

-------

Roll = £991. 

GL all finishing off the mighty sunday grind! :D 

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,776
    edited August 2015
    hey dohhh how you doin im sorry about toby rip
    we lost our king charles 3 months ago he was 7 he went from running around like a lunatic one day then just stopped lay down the next,we knew what the problem was straight away,them breeds have heart problems and so it was, that was a sad day
    anyway we,ve just got a pup on friday,i didnt want one but the family badgered me constantly eventually i relented one night when i was drunk :) the main reason i gave in was i wanted to see my family happy so now we,ve got a ball of fluff running around happy days
    hope you get to the root of your problems m8 glgl
    edited August 2015
    hey dohhh how you doin im sorry about toby rip we lost our king charles 3 months ago he was 7 he went from running around like a lunatic one day then just stopped lay down the next,we knew what the problem was straight away,them breeds have heart problems and so it was, that was a sad day anyway we,ve just got a pup on friday,i didnt want one but the family badgered me constantly eventually i relented one night when i was drunk :) the main reason i gave in was i wanted to see my family happy so now we,ve got a ball of fluff running around happy days hope you get to the root of your problems m8 glgl
    Posted by stokefc

"ok, we can get a dog but only if I can name him"

yayyyyyyy

"now what do you prefer? Xherdan or Bojan?"

:)
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2015
    JJ old bean! Respect for sorting out your drinking and making the change to a healthier lifestyle - something I desperately need to do too! I hope you get to the bottom of your current issue quickly and that it's easily sorted.
    Sorry to hear about Toby :(

Shout to Stokey too - sorry to hear about your bro. Sending some good mojo vibes to you.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,776
    edited August 2015
    thx elliot it means alot friend
    dohhh,to right ive called him scamp :)
    edited September 2015
    JJ old bean! Respect for sorting out your drinking and making the change to a healthier lifestyle - something I desperately need to do too! I hope you get to the bottom of your current issue quickly and that it's easily sorted. Sorry to hear about Toby :( Shout to Stokey too - sorry to hear about your bro. Sending some good mojo vibes to you.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Cheers bonk! 

Its good to see you posting, mini potteries invasion on the thread today. :)

------

Bad day. 

The tiredness I've noticed seems to come in waves. 

There were bad signs yesterday that a wave of it was about to really hit, and today it did. 

No energy or motivation to do anything but eat and sleep. 

So that's what I did. 

I enjoyed the T20 international, I'm amazed there aren't more of them. 

Packed crowds everytime. 

They have the right idea playing the womens game before the mens. But why not play 2 mens games on the same day?

Invite the lesser nations such as Ireland and Holland to play a 4 team competition where the Aussies and the English are likely, but not guarenteed to meet in the finale. 

I'm sure there are tonnes of players that each team would like to look at. 

The main guys are rested anyway. 

And I think England could do with the practise against the minnows!

There are so many positives to playing more T20i games, I just don't understand why it doesn't happen. 

------

Mini rant over, if there are any readers left.....

Pokerz

I did manage to play 45 mins this morning and then again just now. 

The great thing about zoom,is that amounts to around the same volume as 3 tabling normal games for 3 hours. 

There's no waiting to sit in and out of games, no waiting to post the big blind, no table selection etc. 

As this has been a boring update, here's another picture, the graph of my 5nl zoom progress throughout August. 

Might look like I'm just bragging but that doesn't bother me. 

a) it's a tiny sample and doesn't mean anything 

b) I have never beaten this level of poker before in my life.

c) I've genuinely had alot of struggles within the games, actual poker struggles, with which button to press.

d) also had some significant mental game of poker obstacles this month

e) I've oversold myself with e....

So yah pretty pleased with how things are going over there. 

This journey (talking strictly poker) isn't about the money and wont be for a while yet. 

It's nice, but i'm just enjoying winning and trying to get better at cards. 

------

Closing roll for August is £1,004.66.

"we did itttttt"

*insert Jcarver hands above head double fist pump celebration here*

It wasn't a goal or anything, but getting from £40 to £1k in 3 months and 1 day has made me happy :)

-----

Outside stuff happening tomorrow afto and then I'll kick off the September poker adventure tomorrow night.

20nl ? 

Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. 

• Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited September 2015
    wpwp

Now get on the 20nl 
    edited September 2015

"......It wasn't a goal or anything, but getting from £40 to £1k in 3 months and 1 day has made me happy...."

Wonderful stuff - very well played.

PS - T20 "cricket" is poo. Test cricket, where the players dress properly, in WHITE, use a RED ball, & have things called slips, is the only cricket that matters. A Yorkshireman should know that. What would Sir Geoffrey say?  

edited September 2015
    "......It wasn't a goal or anything, but getting from £40 to £1k in 3 months and 1 day has made me happy...." Wonderful stuff - very well played. PS - T20 "cricket" is poo. Test cricket, where the players dress properly, in WHITE, use a RED ball, & have things called slips, is the only cricket that matters. A Yorkshireman should know that. What would Sir Geoffrey say?    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Totally agree with you TK!

The results are laregely irrelevant, I was hoping the Aussies would take it to a 'super over' yesterday. 

T20 for show, Test Cricket for Dohhhhhhh. 

I'll take a couple of hours T20 smash n bash over a film everytime though :)

----

It's disappointing that Sky have lost the away Ashes series.  :(

How are BT suddenly managing to outbid sky for the rights of all these high profile and no doubt very expensive events? 

Maybe the resident financial expert Acegooner can have a go at explaining <3 

edited September 2015

"It's disappointing that Sky have lost the away Ashes series.  :(

How are BT suddenly managing to outbid sky for the rights of all these high profile and no doubt very expensive events"

It seems to be a strategic move, part of a wider "land-grab". The numbers are eye-popping, & unsustainable.

The Cricket authorities are short-sighted, too, imo. Sky TV did a great job - imo - with Cricket, but the TCCB or whoever showed no loyalty in return.

Oddly, I wish The Open Golf had stayed with the BBC, they cover it so well, but again, money talks loudest. Golf coverage is Sky Sports Achilles heel, imo. 

Anyway, NFL returns this week on Sky. They do that very well.