You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,303
    edited October 2012
    Hi all,

I'm torn this week as most of the horses I faqncy are pretty short priced in big fields, ie Mince W9-4, Vow and Body and Soul W4-1. I am not happy giving those kinds of horses to my regular following. Ha Ha!!

So trying to give a bit of value here are this weeeks horses to light up your life.

iiii - Camborne 2.30 Ascot - 5-1 - Only seven horses go to post and I think this fella is a stand out at these odds. Likes this course and dont think the Ebor suited him so giving him another chance. His "style" of running lets him down again, 2nd. 

iii - Mister Music 16-1 3.20 Newmarket - If the form of the Brittania is held up for the third time this week, this bet is a steal. It has already produced the Cambridgeshire winner Bronze Angel(3rd) and Compton(4th) yesterday. Lets hope it is the right time for the second as well. Not to be , LAST but not given hard race after ity wasnt going to win

ii - Asgardella 20-1 2.15 Newmarket - Now this seems a bit silly especially as Victris Ludorum beat it into 5th last time and reopposes on the same terms. However that race was over 6f and this horse had already won at todays trip of seven so pressed on early and got tapped for toe late on. I think that run at that distance was a mistake and can see this horse turning the form over and hopefully winning. Especially as when he came second over seven he was behind Waterway Run who looked agood horse last week. Well I gave you the right race to follow for this , however I read the form wrong as Victris Ludorum got 7f easily to win with my horse running ok for a little then fading into the pack.

i - Punita -4-1 -4.45 Ascot - Ran twice and won twice but how good is she. Her last run she pulled hard for three furlongs but still won impressively and if she has learnt to settle she could go very well. Finished 7th, not good enough

Father V
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 6/10:
    Hi all, I'm torn this week as most of the horses I faqncy are pretty short priced in big fields, ie Mince, Vow and Body and Soul. I am not happy giving those kinds of horses to my regular following. Ha Ha!! So trying to give a bit of value here are this weeeks horses to light up your life. iiii - Camborne 2.30 Ascot - 5-1 - Only seven horses go to post and I think this fella is a stand out at these odds. Likes this course and dont think the Ebor suited him so giving him another chance. iii - Mister Music 16-1 3.20 Newmarket - If the form of the Brittania is held up for the third time this week, this bet is a steal. It has already produced the Cambridgeshire winner Bronze Angel(3rd) and Compton(4th) yesterday. Lets hope it is the right time for the second as well. ii - Asgardella 20-1 2.15 Newmarket - Now this seems a bit silly especially as Victris Ludorum beat it into 5th last time and reopposes on the same terms. However that race was over 6f and this horse had already won at todays trip of seven so pressed on early and got tapped for toe late on. I think that run at that distance was a mistake and can see this horse turning the form over and hopefully winning. Especially as when he came second over seven he was behind Waterway Run who looked agood horse last week. i - Punita -4-1 -4.45 Ascot - Ran twice and won twice but how good is she. Her last run she pulled hard for three furlongs but still won impressively and if she has learnt to settle she could go very well. Father V
    Posted by vaigret

Father, I've done a 10p Lucky 15 on these selections and if they all come up (!), I'll say a little prayer of thanks for reading the post.....and if doesn't, so be it! Always enjoy reading your posts - would have made a bundle on a reverse forecast thanks to one of your posts the other week if I'd remembered to put the blinking bet on! :((

Good luck to everyone having a flutter today!
  • Options
    ms-treems-tree Member Posts: 889
    edited October 2012
    i agree father with camborne, i posted this up on my thread:

2:30 Ascot CAMBORNE 4/1, although behind Willing Foe last time by 4 1/2l last time (5lb pull today) This trip more in selections favour then the Goldolphin horse. Last won a nice handicap on this track in june, and although this a group 3 (very weak race for grade).

Gl with other selections too.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thanks ms tree and you too.

Good luck Brrrr
  • Options
    ms-treems-tree Member Posts: 889
    edited October 2012
    After watching the race for 2nd time, CAMBORNE does need blinkers, if they do this next time out back him.

The trainer was was very bullish on winner this morning, so fair play to winner (great price in end too).

ooo well looks like another frustrating day.

gl all (and me) in rest of the day's racing.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi all

Trying to find value again so I have left out Libranno 4-1, Moohajim 11-4, and Ubaltique 3-1.
    You should note that of the ones I left out last week from the ratings I got 2 out of 3.

Anyway here are the losers!!!_

iiii- Dubawi Sound 12-1 - 3.45 York - The form from its last race looks very solid, 3rd to Lord George Byron winner at Longchamp last week and it beat Eton Forever who also won last saturday. Also it was given a heel uva lot to do by Mr Spencer. OK that race was over 7f and he drops back to 6f, a distance he has never won at. However I feel tomoz he will be kept up with the pace and will have stamina to hold on. There I was celebrating that PRicewise had followed my reasoning and now its a non runner.

iii - Olympiad 12-1 - 3.35 Newmarket- OK Countrywide Flame looks thrown in but I have a strong fancy for this Dermot Weld horse who won the 2 miler at the EBor meeting and this trainer is very good at stealing good prizes all over the world. In the Ces Trail the Irish Horse Domination destroyed the field and I have a feeling the Irish horses are going to run well in this and Weld's horse is my pick. Travelled well for a mile, pity this race over 2miles. Well done to Aimmtoprosper 66-1 winner.

ii - Mull of Killough - 10-1 -5.15 Newmarket - This horse has run well all season and just got touched off by Bronze Angel in the Cambrdgeshire. Weighted to reverse form can he get a change of luck and win again. Only the bounce factor worries me but hopeful he will do it. WINNER AT LAST .

i - Kylekin Lass -10-1- A number who finished behind Face the Problem meet here again and this one came out best finishing fourth. No reason why any can overturn that form and she is double the price of Steps who had a hard race last time to finish one place behind her.  Value pick. NON Runner

Good luck all

Father V     
  • Options
    stretch83stretch83 Member Posts: 149
    edited October 2012
    Hi Vaig,

I will be following with interest. I really like the Mull of Killough selection. I watched the Cambridgeshire and backed Chil the Kite on the day, but was impressed with Mull of Killough.  It will be interesting to see if we get a bit of rain before the race and the going is officially soft.  I think Mull of Killough is the only horse in the race bar Labarinto that has registered a win on soft ground.  The others are either unexposed or have faired pretty poorly.

Good luck to everyone, and enjoy the weekend!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    and you stretch
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Sorry team, 2 non runners
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Switched to Pearl Blue when Kylekin Lass a non runner in 2.05. Form worked out well as Pearl Blue 4th to Lass last time and won this easily.

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 13/10:
    Switched to Pearl Blue when Kylekin Lass a non runner in 2.05. Form worked out well as Pearl Blue 4th to Lass last time and won this easily.  
    Posted by vaigret
    That was a lucky break! ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi Glen,

Luck, LOL, form line had to be followed. Get on Lass next time out
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 13/10:
    Hi Glen, Luck, LOL, form line had to be followed. Get on Lass next time out
    Posted by vaigret
    Willdo Fr.  What about Mull?  KERCHING!! ;-))   Cya @ the tables.
  • Options
    stretch83stretch83 Member Posts: 149
    edited October 2012
    ii - Mull of Killough - 10-1 -5.15 Newmarket 

Nice tip, thanks !!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    stretch and glen

Well done u 2 on having faith

I had it with my two non runners so nice return on singles, "doubles" and "Trebles"
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    i - Kylekin Lass -10-1- A number who finished behind Face the Problem meet here again and this one came out best finishing fourth. No reason why any can overturn that form and she is double the price of Steps who had a hard race last time to finish one place behind her. Value pick. NON Runner

Before the lass finished 4th as above she won a race at Ffos Las. As you will see in earlier post above Pearl Blue franked form  and so did Sugar Beet on Sunday finishing second at 50-1 and nearly holding onto to win from her more fancied (2-1 fav) stable mate.

Get on next time the Lass runs
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Here they are for today and good luck to FRANKEL

iiii - Highland Colori 9-1 4.45 Ascot - Marvelously consistent this year and unlucky not to win more. Has won over 7f and deserves to win this. Got the wrong ayr cup form , Jack Dexter's better than the Silver. This horse probably needs a rest until next season now.

iii - Hold On Julio - 8-1 -3.40 Cheltenham -Alan King reckons this horse has come on over the summer and that he got it wrong with the horse a couple of times last year. If he is right about the improvement he should win this before going onto better things. Another 3rd and thought he would win as when he was forced into the fence he jumped them well, every time thornton let him alone he messed it up. Will win some races this year although I would rather have Hutchinson on him rather than Thornton.

ii- Elusive Kate - 11-2 -3.30 Ascot - Hoping the 6lb she has over Excelebration and that he might be heartbroken after losing several times to Frankel will be enough to win this at a nice price. She ran a nice race and got 3rd but Excelbration certainly not broken hearted and won easily despite not having the easiest of runs. Franked Frankel form . 

i- Handy Andy -20-1 - Cheltenham 4.20 - This is the value bet, one day the bookies will wake up to the fact that Colin Tizzard is a good trainer. The stable is in good form and this horse has had a pipe opener to get him ready for this. Nowhere but seemed to lose his action from five out, no excuse he wouldnt have won.

Good luck all

Father V
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,526
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 20/10:
    Here they are for today and good luck to FRANKEL iiii - Highland Colori 9-1 4.45 Ascot - Marvelously consistent this year and unlucky not to win more. Has won over 7f and deserves to win this. iii - Hold On Julio - 8-1 -3.40 Cheltenham -Alan King reckons this horse has come on over the summer and that he got it wrong with the horse a couple of times last year. If he is right about the improvement he should win this before going onto better things. Another 3rd and thought he would win as when he was forced into the fence he jumped them well, every time thornton let him alone he messed it up. Will win some races this year although I would rather have Hutchinson on him rather than Thornton. ii - Elusive Kate - 11-2 -3.30 Ascot - Hoping the 6lb she has over Excelebration and that he might be heartbroken after losing several times to Frankel will be enough to win this at a nice price. She ran a nice race and got 3rd but Excelbration certainly not broken hearted and won easily despite not having the easiest of runs. Franked Frankel form .  i- Handy Andy -20-1 - Cheltenham 4.20 - This is the value bet, one day the bookies will wake up to the fact that Colin Tizzard is a good trainer. The stable is in good form and this horse has had a pipe opener to get him ready for this. Nowhere but seemed to lose his action from five out, no excuse he wouldnt have won. Good luck all Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    You have had as good a day as I have!
    Certainly Hold On Julio is one to watch.Ran a great race!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    LOL wynne

I have a feeling Im putting these ratings up too early now as on Saturday morning I can see reasons for not doing some. And that not giving a good service to my readers.

Slapped wrists.

I'll have to do better next week
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 20/10:
    Here they are for today and good luck to FRANKEL iiii - Highland Colori 9-1 4. Ascot - Marvelously consistent this year and unlucky not to win more. Has won over 7f and deserves to win this. Got the wrong ayr cup form , Jack Dexter's better than the Silver. This horse probably needs a rest until next season now. iii - Hold On Julio - 8-1 -3.40 Cheltenham -Alan King reckons this horse has come on over the summer and that he got it wrong with the horse a couple of times last year. If he is right about the improvement he should win this before going onto better things. Another 3rd and thought he would win as when he was forced into the fence he jumped them well, every time thornton let him alone he messed it up. Will win some races this year although I would rather have Hutchinson on him rather than Thornton. ii - Elusive Kate - 11-2 -3.30 Ascot - Hoping the 6lb she has over Excelebration and that he might be heartbroken after losing several times to Frankel will be enough to win this at a nice price. She ran a nice race and got 3rd but Excelbration certainly not broken hearted and won easily despite not having the easiest of runs. Franked Frankel form .  i- Handy Andy -20-1 - Cheltenham 4.20 - This is the value bet, one day the bookies will wake up to the fact that Colin Tizzard is a good trainer. The stable is in good form and this horse has had a pipe opener to get him ready for this. Nowhere but seemed to lose his action from five out, no excuse he wouldnt have won. Good luck all Father V
    Posted by vaigret

Can I add to this post. . . I backed Lightning Cloud ew in this race. Easily won its race on the near side. Keep on the right side of next time out.