You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,303
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 08/12:
    I'll go with ii and iiii as they are on ch.4, along with Golan Way, and Join together.  Bell, the bet365 guy has gone with starluck too. You probably already know that. Shame they're in the same race  :( Good luck today Father V, I predict the downswing ends today!!! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I certainly hope so Dohhhhhhhhhh

Good luck with your bets today
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    edited December 2012
    Cheers for tips

Missed Kentford grey lady but did these in a lucky 15

Ballabriggs                 2.10 Aintree - lost(wudda been a nicestart with a 14/1shot)
    Ifandwhybutwynot       2.30 Sandown -  lost
    Little Josh                  3.20 Aintree
    Fleet Dawn                 2.20 Wetherby  -lost (2nd)

Lucky 15 - 15 bets at 30p =£4.50
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Message for Bellpoker

When is Mr King going to make Wayne Hutchinson his number one ?. another brilliant ride on Araldur to win at 10-1. Hands and heels better than Thornton
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited December 2012
    i hadnt a clue dooohhh so im glad theres no smoke without fire and i havent completly lost the plot!!! starlucks been running like a 20/1 shot for the past while but the easier the company the sooner **** go in
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited December 2012

Thought Join Together was gonna get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, 50 more yards!!!!!!!!!

fmlfmlfml
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    starluck ran like a 33/1 shot so dems the breaks i was dubious when he drifted rather than shortened but had tenner e/w regardless but at least saved meself 30 quid from a planned treble with quito de la roque (and captain conan and SS) which i didnt get on in time and quito was turned over! could barely write out a docket there such is my hungover state so called it a day hoping for a good tingle creek here see what sprinter is all about
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Not a bad day one winner and two seconds and £15.50 up to £1 level stake.

hope some people got some place doubles and trebles to help.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    well done mate
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 08/12:
    Cheers for tips Missed Kentford grey lady but did these in a lucky 15 Ballabriggs                 2.10 Aintree - lost(wudda been a nicestart with a 14/1shot) Ifandwhybutwynot       2.30 Sandown -  lost Little Josh                  3.20 Aintree Fleet Dawn                 2.20 Wetherby  -lost (2nd) Lucky 15 - 15 bets at 30p =£4.50
    Posted by MP33
    Didn,t bother checking the last one until now as my other 3 had all lost which i got off here .

This was the only one i picked myself as my nephew is called Josh and hes little, just turned 9. It came in at at 7/2 so in future i,m gonna go with sticking with my favourite names
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Hi MP33

As good a system as any mate
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    good days racing tomorrow looking forward to it
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Well a little bit better last week so will carry on trying.

iiii -Tanerko Emery - 15/8 1.10 Lingfield - Been running well all season and I was on last time when Connor O Farrell played his hand to perfection to beat Able Deputy last time. Cant see that he has stopped winning yet. At the top of the hill he looked like he was floundering in the ground but then once in the home straight he passed all easily and won hard held. Still improving.

iii- Lamps -3-1 Lingfield- Poor old Frank might be on his way out but I think this horse is on his way up. Mighty impressive last time out when beating Gallox Bridge who ran well for a long time in a race yesterday and in better class. Came there at start of staraight looking all over the winner but found little and horses he passed easily came back and beat him well. My first horse today that hasnt finished 1st or second and the win treble go does the drain. Oh well still been good.

ii - Shooters Wood -7-2 1.20 Cheltenahm - At the bottom of the handicap but won well last time out . I think he is another improver who will go on to better things. Second winner of the day and ultra confident Ruby, thank goodness he left so much to get rid of His Excelency near the line. Again wonderful jumper and also still improving. 

i -Pentiffic -12-1 -3.20 Doncaster - My wild card as Venetia Williams horses running so well and this horse right down at the bottom of handicap and has run some good races in defeat. Lets hope he can finally get a win. Always struggling as always seems the case when I pick a Venetia Williams horse.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    looking forward to the 320 doncaster looks a good betting heat, PENTIFFIC looks a solid e/w bet at a price, though my nap of day runs and is IKORODU ROAD 20/1 , the heavy ground might put me off shooters wood as i was originally was going to pick and now see OH CRICK as value in the conditions after a very good second at Newbury last time out, TANKERO EMERY has impressed me and should go on to better things and taken on board whats been said about lamps and may include in perms of some sort throught the other cards, good luck with all 4

p.s. your namesake, no matter how impressive last time out, is a tad short as a result (some will argue 9/10 is a good price given how well he won last time) in the 12:45, but going to tickle BEST SERVED COLD in same race at a big 20/1, though with only 6 runners your not really getting a good shout on an e/w
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    IMITATION IS THE SINCEREST FORM OF FLATTERY

Pricewise has done it again, copying me with Pentiffic. At least I got the price before he tipped it.

Bell,

I have done Our Father, Zarkander and Coneygree in short priced Treble.

Good luck with your horses

Father V
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    So far so good but could have been better .

So far 2 out of 3 in two patents.
    and 1 out of 2 in a double and singles.

Just shows not just a question of picking winners, you have to get them together right LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    After two winners last week I'm going slightly off piste this week to try and find a bit more value.

iiii - Merrydown 3.25 Haydock 9-1 - Ok so Bears Affair won his race by miles last time so this horse coming second was not outstanding form. However this race will be a slog and when he was behind Bears Affair over 2m 4f he was last coming into the straight , he ran on superbly to take second past Away with the Greys who is well thought of Peter Bowen and this distance should suit off bottom weight. Also Nicky Richards in better form with his horses this year. Never in it after the second last and ones up front didnt stop.

iii - Trustan Times -2.00 Ascot 3-1
    `- This is a huge step up in class for this horse but the Easterby's have always produced horses that can be underated. I reckon this horse can take the step up in class in his stride. Finished 3rd but never going to win as Reve De Sivola comes back to form to win easily.

ii - Its a Gimme - 3.10 Ascot -9-1- another value bet with this horse that finished a very close second to Raya Star last time and I hope can go one better. Didnt like the banging and barging that went on around him and McCoy just let him come home in own time.

i- Hold On Julio - 2.35 Ascot 5-2 - This horse should love the conditions and the trip and I am staying loyal to him even though he ridden by the idiot Thornton. What a surprise. Dont know if horse would have won but Thornton proves again he cannot ride chasers. Left Horse guessing six out and bad jump, pushed him into next and horse jumped well, next fence left horse guessing again and horse falls. The bloke is a liability over fences. 

Other horses strongly fancied-
    Able Deputy 12.10 Haydock-9/4 -only beaten half a length at Sandown by last weeks winner Tanerko Energy.Good start only 5 hurdles to jump and mine gets knocked sideways at the first and falls. Could be a cr ap day.
    Grafite 1.45 Haydock 9-1 - my only worry with this horse is that its hard race last week winning at Lingfield has took the edge of him. However gone with his will to win and will get the distance wheras I am doubtful a lot of his opponents will. Grafite a bit over the top from last week and miss another Wayne Hutchinson win for Alan King.
    Haydock 2-15 is an interesting race as I strongly fancy Merry King 11-4 who finished a good second to Rolling Aces last time in a race where the fifth Handy Andy has come out and won since. However I am worried about Cannington Book who was supposed to be going for the Welsh National and is fancied for that by the Tizzards so why oh why are they running in this. Is it a piece of work or are they going for this now instead of the National? At last something good I either have the winner Merry King or the forecast , cant be bad.

Just a liile saver in 3.10 Ascot Dan Breen at 33-1. Nice one in 3rd

Have a good day and Great Christmas

God be with you

Father V  
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 22/12:
    After two winners last week I'm going slightly off piste this week to try and find a bit more value. iiii - Merrydown 3.25 Haydock 9-1 - Ok so Bears Affair won his race by miles last time so this horse coming second was not outstanding form. However this race will be a slog and when he was behind Bears Affair over 2m 4f he was last coming into the straight , he ran on superbly to take second past Away with the Greys who is well thought of Peter Bowen and this distance should suit off bottom weight. Also Nicky Richards in better form with his horses this year.  iii - Trustan Times -2.00 Ascot 3-1 `- This is a huge step up in class for this horse but the Easterby's have always produced horses that can be underated. I reckon this horse can take the step up in class in his stride. ii - Its a Gimme - 3.10 Ascot -9-1- another value bet with this horse that finished a very close second to Raya Star last time and I hope can go one better. i- Hold On Julio - 2.35 Ascot 5-2 - This horse should love the conditions and the trip and I am staying loyal to him even though he ridded by the idiot Thornton. Other horses strongly fancied- Able Deputy 12.10 Haydock-9/4 -only beaten half a length at Sandown by last weeks winner Tanerko Energy. Grafite 1.45 Haydock 9-1 - my only worry with this horse is that its hard race last week winning at Lingfield has took the edge of him. However gone with his will to win and will get the distance wheras I am doubtful a lot of his opponents will. Haydock 2-15 is an interesting race as I strongly fancy Merry King 11-4 who finished a good second to Rolling Aces last time in a race where the fifth Handy Andy has come out and won since. However I am worried about Cannington Book who was supposed to be going for the Welsh National and is fancied for that by the Tizzards so why oh why are they running in this. Is it a piece of work or are they going for this now instead of the National?  Just a liile saver in 3.10 Ascot Dan Breen at 33-1 Have a good day and Great Christmas God be with you Father V  
    Posted by vaigret

I think Dan Breen is a huge price after watching his last race,i was on Merrydown last time out and Graphite.So my bet for Saturday will be those 3 in an eachway Patent. Good luck all, and keep up the good work father.
    Cheers to all , and a Merry Christmas. Dave.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Cheers Dave,

Lets hope we are lucky

Father V
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Last ratings of the year and lets hope we can finish it off in style.

iiii - Fill The Power 2.55 Don - 4-1 - With the darts this is a topical choice but even better is the form of this ones conqueror last time out namely Wyck Hill who won a competitive race during the week easily. Looked well beat than run on superbly to look like he would win jumping the last, unfortunately as soon as he got to leaders withers it ran on again and low weight counted. Very pleased with gritty run although another loser.

iii - Firbird Flyer - 2.25 Don - 3-1 - For a horse that won by 15lengths last time this horse has a feather weight and I am very hopeful it is on the upgrade. Really hopeful for most of this race as it looked like all the jockey had to do was let him down to win. Nothing found for pressure and finished 4th. Horse who won Storm Survivor at 22-1 looked well beat coming into straight and then won very cosily. One to watch over hurdles.

ii - Bakbenscher - 3.15 New - 4-1 Ok it had a tough race winning at Haydock but did it well and as I have been going on about how well Wayne Hutchinson is doing for Alan King and then not backing them that I cannot leave this one alone. Gone up 6lb but only carrying 10 6lb Came looking good but othgers found more under pressure and only came third in end.

i- Renoyr - 3.25 Don 7-1 - As usual my one candle rating is a bit of a wild card. Malcolm Jefferson has been on form recently and this looks a very intersting horse. 2nd last time out in Ireland to Dont Tell Pa who has won three times this season and was well fancied for a big hurdle race there on Friday. This race is not in that class.
     At least I can still pick out dark horses, this one was always coasting and won without feeling the whip and should go on to better things. Hope it was my tip that forced the price down to 9-2 with loads of you following it.
    Other horses I like are

Bury Parade 3-1 1.35 New -jumped to the right most of the way and not that well either. Will be better going right handed. AP McCoy gave Colour Squadron a good ride after saddle slipped and watch out for this next time.
    State Benefit 4-1 2.10 New  -Didnt like ground and went out like a light after one circuit.PU
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    One winner and a second and third

Now £17.88 up to a £1 level stake