You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,303
    edited January 2013
    This is difficult this week with so many small fields, horses I fancy at short odds and some still down for two races.

Firstly horses I am doing that are not included in the ratings
    12.45 Sand -Kentford Grey Lady Evens - Lost
    1.50 Sand -Williams Wishes 5-4 -won very nicely after a bad mistake two out, this horse is very good.
    2,45 Chepstow -Fred the Shred 8-1 -2nd

Here goes

iiii -Alfie Spinner 3.40 Sandown - 9-2 -If he stands up he should win this and already backed down to 9-2 from 7-1. Only problem he is also in Coral Welsh National and if he goes there have a bit of 12-1. didnt run well enough but wouldnt have beaten Katenko who was very impressive.

iii -Melodic Rendzvous 2.25 Sandown - 11-4 - Poet will be backed as though it is a good thing but Veloce who he beat last time didnt look a good thing at Musselburgh today. Also Jeremy Scott reckonds this is best horse he has ever trained and talking long ago about which Cheltenham race it would win. Also Champagne Fever who he lost to is thought to be one of Irelands best. Had a feeling Poet was overrarated and how did Royal Boy go off favourite this horse is a class above them and won very well at nice odds of 4-1.

ii -Arbor Supreme 3.20 Chepstow -33-1
    - Ok he is well out of the weights but Maurice Linehans claim gets soime of that back. He was well fancied for National a little while back but has slipped down the weights. He will like the ground and trip , he won over 4miles last time and looked like he was back in love with the game. Ok this bit of a long shot and Alfie Spinner could still be in this race but I like him a lot. Ran a great race for 4th at 33-1 aint bad, but well done Monbeg Dude, if he could jump he would be brilliant. Good ride by Carberry

i- Michael Flips -2.40 Wincanton -6-1 This one is a bit of for old times sake as I keep on selecting this horse only for it to run below par. I still think it is a better horse than it has been showing and wont forsake it yet. Thats it, this horse has been given too many chances by me now. Had two in this race which I have done before
    surprise surprise Big Fella Thanks (the other one) wins easily.

Good luck all

Father V  
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited January 2013

I picked 4 out before I even logged on to this forum, and I've got 3 of those 4!

Melodic Rendzvous 2.25 Sandown - 11-4

Alfie Spinner 3.40 Sandown - 9-2

Michael Flips -2.40 Wincanton -6-1 

Andddddd.............

Softsong. 3.00 Sandown. 9/2

This ofc means those 3 have no chance and your 33/1 shot will win by 10 lengths! Lump on! ;)

glgl.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks Dohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lets hope our luck changes when we pick same horses
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    "Sorry team but where did that come from, Williams Wishes off course for two years and absolutely smashed my horse who had has he's form boosted by silvianaco conti. Williams Wishes one to follow now. WOW"

Said this six weeks ago and WOW is right, won again today after a mistake two out which was probably due to him going too well.

He is very very good as a handicapper, would he beat Sprinter Sacre though .

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited January 2013
    the trainers comments about the horses work at home are less than complimentary too!!! though he can fairly do it at the racecourse, recovered well from mistake 2 out
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    good shout on MR, the tactics taken on Poet racing so far thorughout slightly baffling but hey ho
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited January 2013
    Cheers for arboure supreme father 
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 5/1/2013:
    Cheers for arboure supreme father 
    Posted by BADBOY985
    No problem mate.

I hope Giles Cross OK, Have a feeling it was just a case of another horse coming off a long lay off and going out like a light. Hopefully if he can properly trained now he will win at good odds next time.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    they had that equine herpes in yard wouldnt have gone near it or any of Dartnells horses, granted he surprised and ran well for long way, sure **** be fine. as stated arbor was the e/w squeak so well done at nice price
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 5/1/2013:
    they had that equine herpes in yard wouldnt have gone near it or any of Dartnells horses, granted he surprised and ran well for long way, sure **** be fine. as stated arbor was the e/w squeak so well done at nice price
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Thanks re Arbor Supreme
    Not necessarily the virus Bell but sometimes with horses who have been off along time u think you have them fit then they hit a wall. Goring Two did the other day. I have a feeling both will run well next time.

Now +£18 up on ratings
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    i - Brick Red 3.40 - 9-1 - Venetia Williams horses have been in form this year and this horse has won over 2miles this season. Last time out ran over 2m3f which was led from start to finish by Ivors King at a good pace and this horse was ridden to come late. However he didn't see out trip because he was going very well 2 furlongs out then got passed by a couple on line. I dont think he gets much further than the distance of this race and I think Ivors King will be one of the stars of the season at his level and therefore worthy of a chance of a win in this race. Sorry peeps this did not do as well as I thought, hope you had a saver on Ifnotandwhynot as suggested below and who needs to be followed

Knew this form was good and Brick Red won absolutely as he liked this afternoon at Ludlow
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    A very interesting day tomorrow and looking back at last years results one day I did very well on. Well thats tempted fate hasnt it. Alan King has some interesting runners tomorrow and surprise surprise one of his which has been backed didnt get any mention in his Weekender column. As you will all know I dont rate Choc Thornton so it will surprise you that in my ratings I go for one of King's ridden by the man himself.

Here are my ratings for the week followed by some other horses to look out for.

iiii - Justazippy -2.50 Wetherby - 9-2 -over this distance last time at Sandown this horse came looking like the winner until Kentford Gray Lady breezed past her. She was coming back at that horse when she fell at the last and if she hasnt been affected by that I see her winning tomorrow. 4th not as good as I thought

iii- Storm Survivor - 2.25 Warwick - 14-1 -Last year I got the winner of this race with a jonjo trainedhorse, the Hillisofuisneach. This horse has a very similar profile and looked all over a loser last time out before blistering home and then being eased on the line to win cosily. That was against Barafundle, a good yardstick and the extra furlong wont be a hindrance as long as the horse gets on as well with AP as it did for Maurice Linehan. West End Rocker is also interesting back over hurdles as is Holywell also trained by jonjo. Finished 6th or so and dont think he benefitted from AP McCoy although wouldnt have won. holywell second.

ii - Araldur - 2.40 Kempton -11-1 -If Wayne Hutchinson who rode it to win last time was on this horse it would be my four candles rating but unfortunately the idiot is. Even so he shouldnt co ck this up. Last time the horse messed up the third last but was still going well and battled to beat Amigo who franked the form last week at Chepstow. Bears Affair is the danger . Ran well for 4th but Oscar Dara very impressive despite messing up last. 

i- Cruchain -2.05 Kempton -7-1 - Last year this horse won this race off 8lb more and whilst its form doesnt look hot , previous form last year didnt either , i still fancy it to run very close again. 3rd despite two horrendous mistakes just as it looked like he would have enough to win. 

I said it was an interesting day and some of these other horses were very close to being on the ratings.

3.35 Warwick -Pete The Feat 7-2 - I expect this to win as it should get the extra 3f and is in great form. however watch for Godsmejudge backed into 8-1 and outsider Sea Saffron 25-1 who is only horse in this race to have won over the distance and its last race was over 1m2f shorter than this. Earlier in the season it won twice over 3m6f. Finished 3rd after a bit of interference, thought i had the forecast only both both to get overrun by Rigadin De Beucherne
    12.40 Warwick -Franklino 10-1 in from 12-1, not mentioned by King and ridden by Hutchinson. Will come on for race
    1.50 Warwick-Fill The Power 8-1 but only 5 horse race and tough job against Rocky Creek. Ran well enough in a class race and forecast with Rocky Creek ok
    1.30 -Kempton -Hold On Julio SP back over hurdles to instill some of the confidence lost by Thorntons bad ride last time, Same jockey puts me off a bit. Ran well , 2nd well ahead of rest
    3.15 Kempton -HandthePrizeover - 4-1 -Hopefully still ahead of handicapper and if Fill The Power wins get on.Never ran to form of last two races, handcapper got hold of him.
    3.50 Kempton- Ivors King 6-1 - Very honest horse that always gives it all, 3rd to Bourne last time out. Burnt himself out going like clappers 
    1.05 Wetherby -Ballybriggan SP- Dont like small field so not in the ratings, still think it will win and if it does
    get on. didnt see this but nowhere
    1.40 Wetherby - Swiss Art 4-1 , who came second to it over similar distance last time. pulled up

Good luck to everybody whatever your choice of horses for tomoz

Father V
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Not a good day now only £14 up on the ratings.

To cap it all missed out on the place part of Scoop 6 by one horse.

Oh well , back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hopefully what looks like a tremendous Cheltenham meeting will go ahead tomorrow. It is high class so winners will be hard to find.

Here are the ratings;-

iiii - 4.10 Cheltenham - Lord of House - 6-1 -Won easily last time out and looked a class act and the price looks good.Finished sixth and well stuffed by Mr Watson et al.

iii - 3.35  -Reve De sivola - 9-4 - Very impressive last time out and now strongly favoured for the World Hurdle, must win this to be good enough to win that. What a battler, out battled Knockara and still had enough to see off Oscar Whisky. Another winner  

ii- 2.25 - Hunt Ball - 9-1 - one of my favourites and this might be my heart ruling my head but ran on strongly last time over inadequate trip and he likes going this way better. Also well weighted although if previous gold cup winner Imperial Commander back to his best he is best weighted by a long chalk. 3rd at 11-1 , happy with that as owner and trainer felt he would struggle. Imperial Commander what an effort, thought I had forecast at one time only to be done by Cape Tribulation who owes me nothing after last year. Pity I didnt rate him so highly over fences. Will do now

i - 1.15 - Katenko 9-2 -Beat Johns Spirit last time out very well and if that horse wins the 12.40 than this horse must win this. Why was this only my one star ratings even with Johns Spirit running pooorly this horse showed it is improving all the time and won easily. Nice winner, I'll take that.

Also like the look of Benny's Mist 12.40 ande Coneygree 3.00 although the new One is the big favourite.
    Talking about big Favourites, Sprinter Sacre looks nailed on in 1.50 but watch out for Williams Wishes although I am surprised they are not keeping him to handicaps.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    one out of one , come on !!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Two winners and a third so not bad day.

Just under £20 up to £1 level stake on winners only
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited January 2013
    Had Katenko last week so had to follow today and got on Reve de sivola at 9/4 and after hearing mr mccoy doing the weight for Mr Watson at 10 stone 3 had to add that.Good day ..... my only grievance is i saw frognall just fail to get run of race and come 3rd last time out and was gonna include him and do a lucky 15 !!! but left alone in any multi bets and did a £4 single.!! Good day be happy(as bobby mcferron would sing!) ...but nearly so close.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well done m8
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited January 2013

Nice work Father V. 

Haven't bothered with a bet on the racing recently due to the weather n stuff so I've missed out on a few of your winners.

Always looking at the thread though to see how you're doing, the interest will return next Saturday for the return on the NAPS league no doubt! Hope you've saved a few for then! 

• Options
    edited January 2013
    hoping so Dohhhh , hoping so