You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    edited September 2012

On i, ii, and iiii today! (TV ones)

Gl us! & enjoy your holiday F.V! 
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,281
    edited September 2012
    Thanks mate, hope u did them singularly this time
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    edited September 2012
    The thrill is gone, was being backed in steadily from 7/1 to 5/1, then within minutes it's 8/1 again!

I'll never know how 'they' know!!!

rigged?

;)
    edited September 2012
    I did Scrapper Smith in 2.30 at Chester, Would have won given clear run, get on it next time out over 1 m 5f to 2miles
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 1/9:
    On i, ii, and iiii today! (TV ones) Gl us! & enjoy your holiday F.V! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

DOH , DOH THE ONLY ONE YOU DIDNT DO AND IT WINS AT 20-1

Is your middle name unlucky ?

Father V

PS I am so sorry you didnt have it mate
  • kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited September 2012

did a lucky 15 ith your 4 choices and happy to get my money back with the last, but was tempted to swap Cheviot for Borderlescott, but left it........ expensive mistake...lol

enjoy your holiday Terry

edited September 2012
    Well done kaymac, yes Borderlescott was a better bet than Cheviot and wish I had had faith in the old boy. At level weights he should always have finished in front of cheviot.

Father V

Got some holiday money anyway
  • FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited September 2012
     yes father i agree i backed scrapper smith and backed mayo man each way too
    edited September 2012
    Well Im back off holiday and only too sorry I misswed Cheviot28-1 and Sir Graham Wade twice.
    edited September 2012
    Hi all,

Im back and trying to find something for this Saturday.

With three cavalry charges being the Bronze, Silver and Gold Cups at Ayr I wont include them in my ratings but I fancy 

Bronze-cheverton
    Silver - Mass Rally and Highland Colori
    Gold - Chevoit and Borderlescott

Now to the ratings -

iiii - BECAUSEWECAN - 8-1-  5.05 Ayr - Ran well in race won by stablemate Sir Graham Wade and I wonder if this was the plan to set it up for the classier horse. Today he will run on his own merits and ground and distance will suit. Didnt see race but not in first three so not good

iii -  JOHN LOUIS - 12-1 - Newbury 3.10 - ok I know this is an old favourite of mine but he had three wins before coming fifth last time on very unfavourable ground. Today he will get his ideal conditions and will go close again. Just a little note for another day. The horse he beat into second SOHAR, was a non-runner agin at Yarmouth this week, about the seventh time it has been declared and then withdrawn when it hadnt got its good to soft ground. Now I am almost certain that this horse is going to win when it runs as they are looking for the ideal race so I fancy the form is pretty safe to follow. NON RUNNER

ii - CEREMONIAL JADE -10-1 -Newmarket 5.05 - A bit of a punt this one!!!!This horse was thought to be very good a couple of years back and after a long time off the course ran well for six furlongs on its comeback recently. Now running over six I will be surp[rised if it is not therabouts at the finish. NON RUNNER

i - CROQUET - 13/2 - 2.05 Newbury - this is my one star rating as it is a win only bet due to the number of horses in the race. Well thought of at home it was just as well fancied as stable companion Shirooco star for the Oaks. Ran in high class races and it could be her day today in a smaller field and without so much pressure. A loser and it looked like she was either not genuine or feeling the firmish ground. I dont know which but obviously not as good as I thought she was. 

Hope they give us some fun, good luck 

Father V    
    edited September 2012
    wELL IT APPEARS i AM GOOD AT ONE THING, PICKING NON RUNNERS, OH WELL AT LEAST THEY ARE NOT LOSERS

FATHER V
    edited September 2012
    With three cavalry charges being the Bronze, Silver and Gold Cups at Ayr I wont include them in my ratings but I fancy

Bronze-cheverton
    Silver - Mass Rally and Highland Colori
    Gold - Chevoit and Borderlescott

WHY DIDNT I DO THE FORECAST BU.............
    edited September 2012
    Not a bad day with five seconds giving me nice returns for place doubles and trebles as well as Mass Rally.

Another day of profit even though my ratings not good again.

Father V  
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,504
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 22/9:
    Hi all, Im back and trying to find something for this Saturday. With three cavalry charges being the Bronze, Silver and Gold Cups at Ayr I wont include them in my ratings but I fancy  Bronze-cheverton Silver - Mass Rally and Highland Colori Gold - Chevoit and Borderlescott Now to the ratings - iiii - BECAUSEWECAN - 8-1-  5.05 Ayr - Ran well in race won by stablemate Sir Graham Wade and I wonder if this was the plan to set it up for the classier horse. Today he will run on his own merits and ground and distance will suit. Didnt see race but not in first three so not good iii -  JOHN LOUIS - 12-1 - Newbury 3.10 - ok I know this is an old favourite of mine but he had three wins before coming fifth last time on very unfavourable ground. Today he will get his ideal conditions and will go close again. Just a little note for another day. The horse he beat into second SOHAR, was a non-runner agin at Yarmouth this week, about the seventh time it has been declared and then withdrawn when it hadnt got its good to soft ground. Now I am almost certain that this horse is going to win when it runs as they are looking for the ideal race so I fancy the form is pretty safe to follow. NON RUNNER ii - CEREMONIAL JADE -10-1 -Newmarket 5.05 - A bit of a punt this one!!!!This horse was thought to be very good a couple of years back and after a long time off the course ran well for six furlongs on its comeback recently. Now running over six I will be surp[rised if it is not therabouts at the finish. NON RUNNER i - CROQUET - 13/2 - 2.05 Newbury - this is my one star rating as it is a win only bet due to the number of horses in the race. Well thought of at home it was just as well fancied as stable companion Shirooco star for the Oaks. Ran in high class races and it could be her day today in a smaller field and without so much pressure. A loser and it looked like she was either not genuine or feeling the firmish ground. I dont know which but obviously not as good as I thought she was.  Hope they give us some fun, good luck  Father V    
    Posted by vaigret
    I fancied Becausewecan as well, saw the race, ran a bad race,never in it!
  • BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited September 2012
    With three cavalry charges being the Bronze, Silver and Gold Cups at Ayr I wont include them in my ratings but I fancy Bronze-cheverton Silver - Mass Rally and Highland Colori Gold - Chevoit and Borderlescott WHY DIDNT I DO THE FORECAST BU.............
    Posted by vaigret
    absolute nightmare unlucky. sure it paid very handsomely also!
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,504
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 22/9 : I fancied Becausewecan as well, saw the race, ran a bad race,never in it!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Becausewecan is running in the 5.20 at hamilton today 12/1, massive price.This is a drop in class!
    edited September 2012
    have a feeling it will be non riunner wynne,

You can say that again Bell and the second time in a month I have really fancied two in a race and would have had a handsome forecast both times. The only problem is that when I do a forecast it is the death knell for it
    edited September 2012
    Hi all,

Here we go again

iiii - SCRAPPER SMITH -4.25 Haydock -4-1 - Looked like a future winner after losing to Edmaaj at Hamilton and would have been next time out if it wasnt for terrible luck in running round the dog track which is Chester. Will have a lot more chance today at Haydock. Pulled too hard and I doubt the extra two furlongs were up his street anyway. Not lost faith for back at shorter distance.

iii - ROSDHU QUEEN - 2.25 Newmarket - 9-2 - Unbeaten filly and won impressively at York , breaking well and then repelling all comers without jockey getting to the bottom of her. WINNER- Thats better Mr Murtagh well ridden from the front. Still not gotten to the bottom of this very brave filly

ii - CHEVETON - 3.15 Haydock - 6-1 - Finished 2nd in Bronze Cup last week losing to a very well handicapped Jack Dexter. Finished well clear of rest and wont meet another blot this week. Well I hope not. Didn't really get into it and heart ruled my head a bit here. Face The Problem, non runner when strongly fancied for Ayr last week wins cosily. 

i - EDMAAJ - 3.40 Newmarket - 25-1 - Finished 2nd to Sir Graham Wade at Pontefract and then beat my four star rating Scrapper Smith. O'meara is a good young trainer and he won with Penitent yesterday and close with classic colori. Stable jockey on this one although I am a bit concerened re draw, either side seem to have a better chance.From the silver Cambridgeshire it looked like stand side best so I cant put anybody off DOUBLE DEALER or previous winner CREDIT SWAP who are both well drawn. Could Credit Swap do a Baronet!!!! ANOTHER NON RUNNER PICKED. DOUBLE DEALER WON HIS RACE ON THE SIDE I THOUGHT HAD THE BETTER DRAW. OH WELL WRONG AGAIN.

Good luck all    
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,541
    edited September 2012
    Just a HU Fr.  Edmaaj is a N/R.  
    edited October 2012
    THANKS GLENELG