You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,303
    edited October 2012
    Of course you can joesman.

As to my earlier comment that I am putting up the picks to early, well perhaps not as my advice for Cesarawitch day came a week later :-

iii - Olympiad 12-1 - 3.35 Newmarket- OK Countrywide Flame looks thrown in but I have a strong fancy for this Dermot Weld horse who won the 2 miler at the EBor meeting and this trainer is very good at stealing good prizes all over the world. In the Ces Trail the Irish Horse Domination destroyed the field and I have a feeling the Irish horses are going to run well in this and Weld's horse is my pick. Travelled well for a mile, pity this race over 2miles. Well done to Aimmtoprosper 66-1 winner.

two winners at Ascot a week later LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi all,

A note of caution this week, I have found it very hard to pick my four horses in a number of very competitive cards. Lot of my favourite/fancied horses running and Tom George reckoning all his horses at Aintree have a great chance of winning. It certainly hasnt made it easier waiting til saturday morning to do them but here goes:-

iiii - NAMPOUR 8-1 1.50 AINTREE - Now I would be very very confident of this horse winning if it wasnt its first race of the season. Having said that the stable haVE been in pretty good form and this horse has won twice over C/D so likes the track. Add to this excellent seconds to Balgarry and Paintball last season in tough handicaps he should have enough at a nice price. Ran well but finished in that terrible place , 4th without 16 runners, probably needed it a bit so wouldnt be against next time out. Cape Express mightily impressive and still ahead of handicapper.  

iii - KYLEAKIN LASS -16-1 -2.30 DONCASTER - Non runner the other week when I really fancied her and the form of the Ffos Las race franked since so no good reason to desert her now. My problem is that I like a lot of horses in this race. Jack Dexter(well handicapped but is 5f to sharp), Cheviot(is ground firm enough) and old favourite Mass Rally . Lets hope I have picked the right one. Never spotted and was right to fear Jack Dexter(1st), 5f not too sharp , and Mass Rally(3rd).

ii - PROOFREADER -9-2 -2.00 DONCASTER - This horse could be anything but won his only race really easily and Gosden has won big handicaps before with horses with similar profiles. Hoping that Mr Gosden has got it right again and this horse will prove to be well ahead of the handicapper. Worried about Scrapper Smith who I have given as a horse to follow but I have a feeling he needs more than this distance. Oh dear Proofreader not one of Mr Gosden's clever dips into handicap company.

i - GUNNER ROSE -6-1 -5.25 CHEPSTOW- Has lowest rating because not televised race, late in the day and bit worried re distance. Having said that his form second race back was franked superbly yesterday in another Class 5 chase when Local Present and Wait no More trounced opponents. If he runs to that form he has a fantastic chance. Led until 4 furlongs out and didnt last three miles. Mind you wouldnt have beaten Royal mile who was doing cartwheels coming up the home straight and won cosily. that is a horse to watch.

Also just a little  note re another old favourite, CAMBORNE. Will the return of Buick and fitting of blinkers work the oracle on this enigma in 2.45 at Newbury. I hope so. 

Good luck all

Father V
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited October 2012
    ive picked Kyleakin Lass myself, good luck with her i think shell end season on high note today given the going, feel it in my bones
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited October 2012
    Will take the middle 2 that are on the telebox Father V!

Read about your form on the comedy thread, I didn't realise you were having such success!

Shout louder!!!

I dnt get the whole "bragging after the event is bad" thing. Its good to read about wins!

Good luck today, I watched the morning line this morning with the fella from the racing post. 2 of his, to go with your 2, I must be on for my first ever 4/4! 

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Good Luck all and you especially Dohhhhhhhhhhh

However remember that the last time you only did three of mine, the other one won at 20-1. Why not have a small single on the two you left out just in case. 
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Sorry followers , said it would be a hard day but didnt realise it would be so bad.

I didnt get much of a sniff in any race.

Horses to follow from day

For Non Stop
    Royal Mile
    Need you Know
    Tawhid

all very impressive
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,526
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 27/10:
    Sorry followers , said it would be a hard day but didnt realise it would be so bad. I didnt get much of a sniff in any race. Horses to follow from day For Non Stop Royal Mile Need you Know Tawhid all very impressive
    Posted by vaigret
    Very impressed with For Non STop!
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited October 2012
    i spoke to daryl jacob last year about for none stop on the get on show ,they were just going to try it at 3mile and they thought it would stay which it didnt,was a really good hurdler just getting touched off by grand cru at cheltenham ive followed this horse from day 1..
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi wynne and andybuck

Yes Ive followed For Non Stop for a little while but got a bit disconsulate at end of last  year so left it alone yesterday. Im a supporter agin now and third to Sir Des Champs was obviously blinding form.  
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This weeks ratings below:-

I have stayed away from 2.35 at Ascot because I like too many. Cape Express won so easily last week I fancy him at 7-1 but Ile De Re looks so well handicapped I cant see him losing and Nampour 11-1 one of my favs although he shouldnt reverse form with Cape Express even though he has pull in the weights.

So here goes

iiii - Hajras - 3.05 Newmarket - 7-2 in his last race at Newbury he was mightily impressive beating subsequent winners Chapter Seven and Blue Surf even though he was badly baulked at the 2 furlong pole. Finished second to one of my previous tips Mill of Killough. Should I have stayed with it or at LEAST had a forecast saver LOL 

iii - Classic Colori - 2.30 Newmarket  - 4-1 2nd to Henry Allingham in Silver Cambridgeshire and should win this. Never run his race and beaten by 33-1 shot and many others to boot.Silver Camb form not working out very well.

ii - Michael Flips - 3.45 Ascot - 5-1- already been backed down from 7-1 and finished fourth, albeit beaten a long way by Sir Des Champs at Cheltenham. However so was For Non Stop who absolutely belyted up last weekend so I am hopeful Michael will do it too. Finished fifth

i- Entangle - 3.40 Newmarket -6-1 - Always like to look at travellers and this one has come from Sweden with four wins out of its last five. Hope not sent for the journey and that he will win. Ran well for a long way then got chopped badly at 2f marker, ok wouldnt have won but would have been placed without that.   

Good luck all for tomorrow as there are intriguing races all over the place. Should be fun

Father V
  • Options
    kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    edited November 2012
    Hi Father - nice to see the jumps back and some good races today. Only just come across your candle entries, excellent idea mate and I'll have a small yankee on your selections and also a Canadian on Alasi, Smad Place, Time for Rupert, Ted Spread, Join Together and Quito de la Roque
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    good luck, havnt been bothered start a racing thread for today nor has anyone else and rushing out now to the down royal to make first race on time!!! quito de la roque main pick on that card, won for me there last year and reportedly in better nick this time around, although the ground may not be as soft

same applies to bog warrior whod want it like his name and although im looking forward to seeing his return itll be no bet race for me given nicholls record winning the last 4 renewals. 

great oak may get backed too after reading spotlight on how beat 129 rated hurdler the other week and runs off 93 here! gold ability and talab will be looked at up at the course also 

across the water ive backed planet of sound, claret cloak and Baile Anrai and am contemplating michael flips
  • Options
    kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    edited November 2012
    ps last time I backed Michael Flips was for the Supreme Novices quite  a few years ago
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited November 2012
    Those with good memories will remember I think Ted Spread is a well hcp'd horse. Had a decent ew punt @ 10/1

Edit. . . Ffs jeez, memo to myself. Get your act together earlier on a Saturday!! Was 18's. 
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Keep backing Ivors King until it gets beaten, looks very well handicapped at moment and won really well at Ascot today
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Sorry all

two weeks without a winner .

only about £24 up on these now. Need some winners next week.

Father V
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,526
    edited November 2012
    A bit late to post anything today,but had a good bet on Silvianaco Conti at wetherby.
    Ran a superb race and one to follow for Cheltenham! 
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I feel i'm losing my mo-jo,
    dont know whether its because of my lack of winners in the last two weeks or the fact I like too many horses in the televised races/too may favourite horses running in same race at Doncaster/Wincanton. Therefore I am mainly sticking to Sandown for all my ratings this week.

Back to Doncaster
    - 2.00- Saajaa at 7-4 should win after 2nd to izzy top but have feeling for Wannabee Loved 9-1. 
    2.35- War Popet and Scrapper Smith fav horses of mine but why cant Bridle Belle win at 20-1 I ask myself.
    3.10-Jack Dexter all the rage for fourth win and no doubt still well handicapped but if Mass Rally 7-1 can get a clear run he should win, but will he! and Ultrasonic 6-1 and Sirius Prospect have very good chances.
    3.45 -Wannabe King 18-1ran well last week at HQ and could win again but having said that Sam Nobullist won well last time and won on this day last year over same distance.

Decisions/decisions 

Wincanton

2.50- I like Zarkander but Ruby goes for Prospect weels, how can i argue.
    3.25 -diamond Harry goes well when fresh but really can he win off top weight and Amigayle one of my favourites.

So after all the rubbish I will post my ratings a bit later.

Keep a watch for some more losers!!!!

Father V 

• Options
    edited November 2012
    if i backed by names id have had a nice month off bridle belle winning back to back at some fancy prices. only time i can remember doing it was Bellvano in the grand annual last year in the get out stakes and promptly hosed up!

i like Saajaa also, and rates good value at the 7/4 mark in this field.

sirius prospect must have a huge chance given recent form (finally!!!!) and for one thought of so highly at the beginning of may would be good for connections to end what must be considered a dissapointing season on a high.

the interesting one of them all is the Zarkander/Walsh 'choosing' prospect wells scenario. is there any possibility Darryl has been put forward by Nicholls/connections to keep feel of horse for the forthcoming big hurdles races, given walsh will be on The Fly if the are indeed to reoppose in the Champion, lets not also forget it was Jacob who sterred him home in the triumph 2 years ago.

im not telling by the way, im asking, just had a hunch it may be it, theres been pundits online stating walsh has 'chosen' his mount tomorrow (which obviously as stable jock youd expect) which has got me thinking so this gave me an ideal springboard to discuss it.

we'll soon know if and when Zarkandar zooms up to win by 8 lengths on the bridle ....
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Here we go with the ratings:-

iiii - Poungach 7/4-2.15 Wincanton - Boring this one but Nicholls farms this race and won it with Silviniaco conti last year. This horse highly rated by the stable and lets hope it gets over first fence this time. Horse put under pressure from start by winner and therefore didnt jump that well, finished like a train after the last but never going to reach winner. 

iii - Time for Spring 6-1 3.35 Sandown - This horse finished 5th to Hunters Lodge in amatuers race at Cheltenham and stable feels it is now fully wound up and A P will help get it so. Ok it has to reverse form with the fourth home but I think it will. Romanescu fell at the last in this race when all over the winner and has since franked the form in tremendous style. At last a winner backed down to 11/4 favourite and well done to AP , hope you were on at the early price.

ii - Cheshire Prince -6-1 3.00 Sandown - Wynne reckons Vulcanite is a horse to follow and this horse followed it home in second and if Vulcanoite is as good as the stable (and wynne think) this horse should win this one. Not to be, finished 4th or 5th to well handicapped General Ting

i - Rayadour - SP-1,50 Sandown- Owner Simon Munir had a tremendous wek last week and he has purchased another french import and Alan King in his weekender column reckons this could be his most interesting runner of the week. Only going to be entered if it worked well on Thursday so very hopeful. Also with Hutchinson(best jockey from this stable) on it we wont have Thornton messing it around. Friendless in the market and jumped too high at a number of hurdles but never really in it.

Here's hoping for some winners for a change

Father V