You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Candles Ratings-reintroduced

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 10/11:
    if i backed by names id have had a nice month off bridle belle winning back to back at some fancy prices. only time i can remember doing it was Bellvano in the grand annual last year in the get out stakes and promptly hosed up! i like Saajaa also, and rates good value at the 7/4 mark in this field. sirius prospect must have a huge chance given recent form (finally!!!!) and for one thought of so highly at the beginning of may would be good for connections to end what must be considered a dissapointing season on a high. the interesting one of them all is the Zarkander/Walsh 'choosing' prospect wells scenario. is there any possibility Darryl has been put forward by Nicholls/connections to keep feel of horse for the forthcoming big hurdles races, given walsh will be on The Fly if the are indeed to reoppose in the Champion, lets not also forget it was Jacob who sterred him home in the triumph 2 years ago. im not telling by the way, im asking, just had a hunch it may be it, theres been pundits online stating walsh has 'chosen' his mount tomorrow (which obviously as stable jock youd expect) which has got me thinking so this gave me an ideal springboard to discuss it. we'll soon know if and when Zarkandar zooms up to win by 8 lengths on the bridle ....
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Great minds think alike , I had also looked back at its races and noted Jacobs the man for it in a couple of its wins. Also Nicholls has suggested it is his Champion hurdle horse, if that is the case it has to beat Prospect Wells and hopefully it will win tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 10/11:
    I feel i'm losing my mo-jo, dont know whether its because of my lack of winners in the last two weeks or the fact I like too many horses in the televised races/too may favourite horses running in same race at Doncaster/Wincanton. Therefore I am mainly sticking to Sandown for all my ratings this week. Back to Doncaster - 2.00- Saajaa at 7-4 should win after 2nd to izzy top but have feeling for Wannabee Loved 9-1.  2.35- War Popet and Scrapper Smith fav horses of mine but why cant Bridle Belle win at 20-1 I ask myself. 3.10-Jack Dexter all the rage for fourth win and no doubt still well handicapped but if Mass Rally 7-1 can get a clear run he should win, but will he! and Ultrasonic 6-1 and Sirius Prospect have very good chances. 3.45 -Wannabe King 18-1ran well last week at HQ and could win again but having said that Sam Nobullist won well last time and won on this day last year over same distance. Decisions/decisions  Wincanton 2.50- I like Zarkander but Ruby goes for Prospect weels, how can i argue. 3.25 -diamond Harry goes well when fresh but really can he win off top weight and Amigayle one of my favourites. So after all the rubbish I will post my ratings a bit later. Keep a watch for some more losers!!!! Father V   
    Posted by vaigret
    Well I can argue and what a price
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited November 2012
    outrageous price!!! and our thinking about Jacob was right as well!!! for a change ; )
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    At last i have another winner in my ratings and now £26 up to a £1 level stake over 3mths.

Also nice to get Zarkander and ART Scholar on the day amongst plenty of other losers mind you.

Father V 
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I cant see past Cheltenham tomorrow for my ratings although the card looks pretty competitive so it is going to be hard. Here goes

iiii - Galaxy Rock 1.55 Chelt- 7-1 - There were a couple of winners yesterday who won the same race this year as last and I am hoping Galaxy Rock can do the same. His first run of the season was a good second to Balthazar King and that horse ran well on Friday behind Uncle Junior so the form looks pretty solid. Didnt like the ground and I hope no one on here were the two people who staked £10000 and £7000 on him just before off. The winner at 25-1 came out of the Hunters Lodge race form which I have said was a good race to follow horses from.

iii - Grand Crus - 2.35 Chelt -2-1 -This is a very difficult one.Why? well I dont like putting short odds horses up and I can see a couple of dangers at bigger prices which is the reason this horse is not my top rated horse. Having said that he looks nailed on as he likes this trip at Cheltenham and if he runs to the form of beating Silviniaco Conti he will walk this. The dangers are Hunt Ball, is he as good as last year though ? but the main one is Michael Flips at an incredible 14-1. I gave him the other week but the trip was a bit short for him and he blew up a bit on his seasonal debut. Hopefully that would have put him spot on and his form behind For Non Stop(brilliant on his reappearance) twice last year if replicated will mean he goes very close. Oh dear oh dear this ground is playing havoc with my tips today, having said that Al Ferof was always going to win this and Nicholls reckoned he was a couple of weeks behind with him.

ii - Lovcen 3.05 - 5-1 - this will be difficult as he has top weight but trainer reckons he has come on for that run  and he has already been backed down from 13-2. Ok Buachill Alain beat him last time out but he was a fresh horse and this time Lovcen has a bit of weight back from that horse. Lets give Mr King another chance to get it right. Another loser with weight too much for him, kept thinking he would come at them but just couldn't.

i - Brick Red 3.40  - 9-1 - Venetia Williams horses have been in form this year and this horse has won over 2miles this season. Last time out ran over 2m3f which was led from start to finish by Ivors King at a good pace and this horse was ridden to come late. However he didn't see out trip because he was going very well 2 furlongs out then got passed by a couple on line. I dont think he gets much further than the distance of this race and I think Ivors King will be one of the stars of the season at his level and therefore worthy of a chance of a win in this race. Sorry peeps this did not do as well as I thought, hope you had a saver on Ifnotandwhynot as suggested below and who needs to be followed 
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    STOP PRESS

What is it about Pricewise copying my selections!!!

No seriously folks , need to tell you about a bet or saver if you have already done Brick Red in 3.40. Last time out Ifnotandwhynot beat Eduardo at 2m over hurdles , yesterday Eduardo won over that distance by 15 lengths thereby franking the form.

Also Timmy Murphy takes the ride

Father V 
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    edited November 2012

Just stuck a L15 on above four horses.

GOOD LUCK US!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hope so Maxally but didnt get off to a good start.

Galaxy Rock doesnt like that kind of ground.

Cant understand why I didnt select

OUR FATHER Vaigret

in the ratings
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    edited November 2012

Lol....I was just about to post the same thing!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 17/11:
    I cant see past Cheltenham tomorrow for my ratings although the card looks pretty competitive so it is going to be hard. Here goes iiii - Galaxy Rock 1.55 Chelt- 7-1 - There were a couple of winners yesterday who won the same race this year as last and I am hoping Galaxy Rock can do the same. His first run of the season was a good second to Balthazar King and that horse ran well on Friday behind Uncle Junior so the form looks pretty solid. Didnt like the ground and I hope no one on here were the two people who staked £10000 and £7000 on him just before off. The winner at 25-1 came out of the Hunters Lodge race form which I have said was a good race to follow horses from.

ive just had a look at that race from last month and your most definately right, time for spring has gone in since, as did elliots Romanesco who fell and now Monbeg Dude who unseated rider.  ill update this on horses to follow for season as well but for now TALAB of dessie hughes will be very interesting on good ground in a handicap. if handicap mark is preserved which i presume it will be then watch for him come springtime, Cheltenham or Aintree or even something later at home including possible tilt at a Galway handicap then i will definately be backing him if he gets his going
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Fed up with the effing system which says you are logged in then after posting a message says you are logged out for inactivity and you lose evrything. Here we go again:-

Lots of class races tomorrow but most with small fields. I fancy these out of my ratings:-
    2.10 Ascot -Finians Rainbow to improve enough to pip For Non Stop-well that was disappointing, ground hopefully.
    2.45 A -Get Me Out of Here to pip Raya Star -Oscar Whisky looked very good
    12.20 Hay -Hollow Tree -Balder Success looked good under Hutchinson and nice backing to Zarkander's form.
    3.05 Silvianaco Conti- at last a winner and straight to the Gold cup by the looks of it.

Now to the main ones:-

iiii- Crowning Jewel 12.55 Haydock - 7-1 -Pity I missed the 9-1 but shows other people backing. This horse won over 2m6f before coming up against a couple of very well handicapped horse over a too short 2miles. Eduardo who won by 18 lengths next time out and Ifbutandwhynot who hacked up in a handicap at Cheltenham last week and will win again. Get on now. Oh dear my losing run with the ratings continues. Upped back in distance didnt work and I wonder now if this horses form is on a downward spiral whilst Eduardo and Ifbutandwhynot are on the up. Should have liked this race and I still think the form of that other race was good.

iii - Champion Court 3.20 Ascot -3-1 - Entered for the big race at 2.10 but connections going for this easier contest despite its form suggesting it has a good chance in that. Good form with For Non Stop and second to Sir Des Champs last year so should win this. Sorry team but where did that come from, Williams Wishes off course for two years and absolutely smashed my horse who had has he's form boosted by silvianaco conti. Williams Wishes one to follow now. WOW

ii -Ballybough Gorta - 3.40 Haydock - 4-1 -Ok hasnt won over this distance but his last six races have been four firsts and two seconds and he just keeps going when you think he has had enough. Kept intersted last time out he went on to win by seven lengths and has given Time For Spring a 9 legth beating as well. Gosh this horse is a trier even though he runs in snatches. Distance in this ground very much against him especially with the rain that came. Never going to win.

i -Grassfinch -1.40 Ascot -10-1 -Won over 3miles last time leading all the way and with the ground tough tomorrow I feel she will have all the other horses off the bridle by the end.Florafern is 5-1 in this race and she beat the horses that one beat a lot more decisively and is double the price. The form couldn't have been too bad as Florafern came second, pity I picked the other one.

Also fancy Dursey Sound 12-25 Ascot and big tip for Barafundle now 7-1 in 2.30 Haydock. If it runs to its form with Grand Crus it is nailed on. Also full brother to Irish Star Flemenstar.

GooD luck all

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Well another week with no winners from the ratings, At least not completely winnerless thanks to Silvianaco Conti.

Only £18 up on my ratings now.

Need a winner next week.

Congrats to anybody who has been backing winners these last two Saturdays.

Father V
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    On a terrible run and my bankroll is disappearing fast. I know I should have one of my ratings for the Hennesssy but despite flagging up Hold On Julio a few weeks back I would feel a lot more confident if Wayne Hutchinson was on it rather than Thornton. also I am worried about Tidal Bay and at a very good price Alfie Spinner. Alfie Spinner despite being out of the handicap will like the ground and will get the trip. Add to that he is 16-1 and Bobs Worth is 4-1 and this is great value. Bobs Worth only beat him by 2 &3/4 lengths giving Alfie Spinner 7lb and now he is giving him 23lbs . Alfie Spinner has had a run , Bobs worth hasnt. OK Alfie Spinner might not win but Bobs Worth certainly wont. And if Diamond Harry returns to form off 10st 3 he will walk it.

Ratings to come later tonight.

Father V
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Here goes with the ratings:-

iiii - Call Me a Star -12.50 Newbury -7-4- Ok a shorter odds horse than I would normally give but Should keep up her run . Another King horse not as good as he thinks she is and I will have to stop buying the Weekender. The front two had a tremendous race and are a lot better than this mare.

iii - Hunters Lodge -12.15 Newbury - 7-2 - Horse gets on well with amatuer jockey and has run well three times already this season and hopefully this should be the fourth. Last time out 3rd to Swing Bill after running on superbly after losing ground at one time. 2nd Sizing Santiago backed form with his win thursday. Incredible, this was a repeat of this horses last race, going well he then seemed to lose interest and then came like he ll at end, unfortunately first two had got away. 3rd.

ii  - Benny's Mist -1.25 Newbury -10-1 - Venetia Williams horse have been in good form this year and this horse has already won 3 times. Last time 3rd to Time For Spring and this lesser distance should help it get back into winners circle. Got a bit excited there especially as I thought the shorter distance would suit it and it was jumping for fun and out in front. Coming up the home straight it suddenly started to tire and passed by four other horses to finish 5th.  Perhaps it ran too freely.

i- Michael Flips - 3.40 Newbury - 7-1 - Two bad mistakes last time behind Al Ferof led to his pulling up. Have given him as a horse to back before and will give him one last chance. His form is better than what he has shown so far. fLATTERED TO DECEIVE AND ANother loser

Good Luck all 
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Four Candles Ratings for 01/12:
    On a terrible run and my bankroll is disappearing fast. I know I should have one of my ratings for the Hennesssy but despite flagging up Hold On Julio a few weeks back I would feel a lot more confident if Wayne Hutchinson was on it rather than Thornton. also I am worried about Tidal Bay and at a very good price Alfie Spinner. Alfie Spinner despite being out of the handicap will like the ground and will get the trip. Add to that he is 16-1 and Bobs Worth is 4-1 and this is great value. Bobs Worth only beat him by 2 &3/4 lengths giving Alfie Spinner 7lb and now he is giving him 23lbs . Alfie Spinner has had a run , Bobs worth hasnt. OK Alfie Spinner might not win but Bobs Worth certainly wont. And if Diamond Harry returns to form off 10st 3 he will walk it. Ratings to come later tonight. Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    What did I tell you, first past the post Alfie Spinner, said he would beat Bobs Worth.

Only trouble jockey got off at the third.

LOL

Well done to anybody who ignored me.

Best thing to do at mo, cant even pick my nose.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    who would have known young Alfie wouldve have played such a big part!! had me heart in me mouth everytime he was bobbing and weaving out in front loose!!! good luck with Michael Flips though as im on the fav i say that with gritted teeth  : )
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    ive had saver on Michael Flips tenner e/w
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Got to stop my bad run as my ratings only showing a £14 level profit to a £1 stake now. Here's hoping I have found some.

iiii - Ifandbutwhynot -11-4 2.30 Sandown - This horse won very well at cheltenham stuffing Tanerko Emery who won very cosily yesterday. Too cosily for my liking . Ok Timmy M not on horse this time but Denis O'regan should be able deputy and I am backing this horse with confidence. Oh dear, ridden with plenty of confidence
    by Denis O' Regan but found little off the bend and the 13lb penalty obviously stopped him. 

iii - Kentford Grey Lady - 3-1 - 12.55 Sandown - Hopefully emma Lavelle has got this horse wound up for tomorrow and if she has this mare should win how she likes. Ran some superb races last year and finished it off with a good second to Quevega at the festival. At Last a winner and class tells, what a brilliant price 9-2 and reckon she will come on for this. Justazippy looked like she would give mine a rtace before falling at last and if she recovers ok should also be watched.

ii - Gansey - 4-1 - 3.20 Aintree - If Sue Smith's horse takes to the National fences I think it will win. Good second to Bless The Wings last time out. Absolutely loved the fences and herioc in defeat. You would have thought Ryan Mania would have learnt from his ride on Gullible Gordon in the earlier race, again he went for his whip and lead too early and Sam Twiston-Davies gave him another lesson on the run in.

i - Fleet Dawn - 6-1 -2.20 Wetherby - already talked about Ifnotandwhynot who finished behind Pas Trop Tard on its first run. Both ifnot and Eduardo have franked that form and Pas Trop Tard won next time out as well. This horse put up a brave effort to beat it and as a result lost second place on the line. Hopefully it will get compensation today. Ran really well and jockey sat tight thinking he would pick up the winner easily, unfortunately Mlashi always finds more and got his hat trick, good second for mine sorry not a winner.

Have stayed away from Becher Chase as I fancy both West End Rocker and Big Fella Thanks, both of whom have run good races over these fences in the past. As long as their last visits there havent put them off they will go very close. Big Fella Thanks good 3rd but West End Rocker obviously hates the place now.

Also backed Across The Bay 1.05 Aintree- Should have done the form horse Wayward Prince who finished 2nd to Silviano Conti last time, form tells whoever trains it LOL

and

Rendl Beach in first at Chepstow. Backed to odds on and tried to run out after one circuit and pulled up

Good luck all Father V  

• Options
    edited December 2012
    u put up ifandwhybutnot very confidentaly last time out and touched nicely but i suspect starluck at the weights will **** them all at a huge 20/1
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited December 2012

I'll go with ii and iiii as they are on ch.4, along with Golan Way, and Join together. 

Bell, the bet365 guy has gone with starluck too. You probably already know that. Shame they're in the same race 
    :(

Good luck today Father V, I predict the downswing ends today!!! ;)