You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• samantha25samantha25 Member Posts: 1,445
    edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning:
    this year i am wanting to go to that DTD in newcastle, the trouble is i've never been to a live poker MTT, therefore i don't know how it work, so i would like to ask- being a live event i would be expecting the MTT to be played through the weekend as a whole and as i live in spennymoor i could just get a bus back to my own house if i knew it finished at a certain time, so could someone tell me, do these live MTTs stop at around 11pm or will they continue on to a later time and leaving me to probably get a taxi (as taxis will cost about the same price as a hotel
    Posted by craigcu12

11pm.... it's not a kids party darling :)

• craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited January 2015
    i was thinking tonight might have been a good looking night, first i got myself entry into the main event, then i gained a cash value of £33 due to a second entry into the main event, now i'm going to stop playing for the night before things get out of hand, DTD QQ, 4bet pre board Jxx(ccc), i goes Ch/RR T comes Kd i jam but event had i bet he would have shoved KJ leaving me to call now that so much was in. So i'm out DTD2 and think well i'll keep out of DTD 3 and put attention onto the main but what happens, i'm in the BB, button L/RR i've got KK so 4bet and he jams, like i thought it was AA he held and i now exit the main. Having had not one but two premiums loosing me the MTT i've beome a big frustrated with myself and started tossing my remaining chips away from DTD1.

In the end i've still finished with more than i start with because i got £66 worth of cash from sats therefore i'm going to quit whilst ahead and leave the game for tonight.
    edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning : Craig no matter how tilted you are you should not openly chip dump and advertise the fact in chat, asking players to call and you would fold 
    Posted by Boxster
    being on tilt, i got too frustrated with myself, as you said i shouldn't ruin an MTT for the rest, i came up with the first thing that come to my mind R/F.

I'll try and remember to just sit out next time.

as for the hand itself, maybe i caused the exit myself.

Q. knowing that he has R/F in the late stages of an MTT holding just 10BB, i don't expect him to be LAG. As they say, an MTT can't be won but it can certainly be lost in the early stages and nowing this L/RR has got high potential to be an AA, far more chance of that than QQ, should i therefore just fold my KK pre and wait for better times?
    edited January 2015
    having played some plo and pl08, i've managed to put the bad hands to bed. the great thing about PLO and PL08 is even the 2nd nuts can so easily be beaten
  • samantha25samantha25 Member Posts: 1,445
    edited January 2015
    Not good tonite Craig, seen some chat from yr play and you really should watch your mouth.
    edited January 2015
    What seemed to have been a bad day was saved in the last two hours when i decided to play a total of 13 tables at once!

Most of the day I had been playing 6 cash tables, My first session was looking likely to be an awful start with me constantly winning small pots and loosing big ones, the trouble was loose passive were calling with all sorts preflop, played monsters deceptive and were frequently calling flops then folding turns. When the site itself went down, i could still  play cash tables as long as i was already on them and as recs were unlikely to reload, the tables themselves began consisting mainly of regs, i could now have an easier job hand reading, therefore it was easier to bluff, fold or call and during that period of time my awful game turned into a great one although i still did finish of with a loss of about £55.

My two evening sessions were once again looking very bad ones indeed, again i seemed to be playing like a feeding station and not getting myself decent value with the good hands, at 11pm i tried one final route, I decided to play 13 tables together and incredibly this worked an absolute treat, I was no longer becoming bored as i would be likely to have a hand to play nearly every minute, I also found the losses much easier to accept because it was most likely to have been a loss that was made up on the rest of the tables, in the end nl20 usually has more recs than it has regs per table and if i'm so concerned about my BR dropping then i shouldn't be playing as loose against recs.
  • jimb0d1jimb0d1 Member Posts: 660
    edited January 2015
    There will be no busses running when play stops at Aspers Craig and a taxi to Spenny will be extortionate £40 minimum. Get a hotel or find someone who will come out and give you a lift home.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited January 2015
    Or just donk off your stack in good time for the last bus home.
    edited January 2015
    cash form may have dropped but MTT form seems to be getting better and better, on monday i managed to get into the main event and also won another £33 which i used for an entry into tonights main event. Now i didn't do much in monday's main event as i had a very early cooler. Tonight but i managed to make it all the way past the bubble finishing 36th overall.

In the early stages i did get myself down to 1060 chips, I remained patient and about 10 hands later doubled my stack having hit a set on the flop.

Having started to read the chris moorman book and following on from how that KJs played out, i've started to analyse the board more carefully and though more carefully about my plan of action on the next street.
    edited January 2015
    rancid036£36.55 + £14.06 Head Prizes1 
    craigcu12037£36.55 + £34.46 Head Prizes2 
    qqvska21038£36.55 + £33.75 Head Prizes2
    edited January 2015
    You beat barely anything when he jams. It's never a worse Ace. If by some miracle you have the best hand, you're probably gonna be up against a combo draw like 89cc, which still has decent equity vs our hand.

I also don't think its necessarily an auto 3bet from the button, calling seems good with position.

That hand cost you a 1/3 of your stack, when it really should have just been a flesh wound (as Tikay would say).
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited January 2015
    You beat barely anything when he jams. It's never a worse Ace. If by some miracle you have the best hand, you're probably gonna be up against a combo draw like 89cc, which still has decent equity vs our hand. I also don't think its necessarily an auto 3bet from the button, calling seems good with position. That hand cost you a 1/3 of your stack, when it really should have just been a flesh wound (as Tikay would say).
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    As Craig said, would a strong ace normally bet a smaller amount in order to get a call from worse? 

From the oppos pov if he shoves AQ then he's normally only getting called by better?
    edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning : As Craig said, would a strong ace normally bet a smaller amount in order to get a call from worse?  From the oppos pov if he shoves AQ then he's normally only getting called by better?
    Posted by shakinaces
    Gotta factor in we lose to A7, A6 and A2, along with AK/Q/J....and obvs chopping with A10. Hero them if you think A8/A9 3x's pre flop and bets pot/overbet jams turn....I'm far from convinced.

From villains perspective, we have to be reasonably confident with our hand. You could argue him shoving only gets called by better, or a monster combo draw maybe. It looks a little like a panic shove where he doesn't want to have to bet/call off the turn and is thus taking any decisions away himself by shoving.

If you wanna get into a levelling war, if villain thinks that hero thinks I wouldn't shove AQ, then its a great shove....
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,180
    edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning : Gotta factor in we lose to A7, A6 and A2, along with AK/Q/J....and obvs chopping with A10. Hero them if you think A8/A9 3x's pre flop and bets pot/overbet jams turn....I'm far from convinced. From villains perspective, we have to be reasonably confident with our hand. You could argue him shoving only gets called by better, or a monster combo draw maybe. It looks a little like a panic shove where he doesn't want to have to bet/call off the turn and is thus taking any decisions away himself by shoving. If you wanna get into a levelling war, if villain thinks that hero thinks I wouldn't shove AQ, then its a great shove....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Gven craigs diary is full of reference to such thinking, this would seem a very likely scenario.....
    edited January 2015
    target for 2015

now this might sound stupid but knowing how high stress levels can get through bordom, the last thing i want to be doing is playing poker after having a boring day. So my target for 2015 is to start getting myself more active with things during the day such as bike rides and cleaning the house. That way come the evening i'll be feeling alot more relaxing and instead of playing poker as a way to get myself out of bordom, i shall be playing poker more like a relaxing and fun manner.

my second target for this year is set myself a study day.
    edited January 2015
    my plan for the next month is playing nl10p where the chip stacks are much more shallow, then i should be able to get myself back to winning again and shall move back towards my low stakes cash tables.
  • TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited January 2015
    Good luck craig.

What sort of studying are you planning? Poker related?

Wish you all the best for the new year mate
    edited January 2015
    something tells me that in recent weeks, I should not have been playing poker at all. spending my whole day in the house i've became bored with myself and by the time i start playing in the evening, i'm already so bored, i've ended up playing too loose.
    most days i was getting on average a simpular amount of large losses as i was getting large wins.

what i found different today, I was happy, relaxed and had some time outside, I also now have started noting things that i see mentioned on deuces cracked s i've paid a fee to start watching the videos on that training site.

Today i got 5 losses over £5 and managed 6 wins over £5, my total outcome for the day was a loss of -£3.65.

cash was £1.38
    MTT -£5.03

i had played som 888poker too and that one had today got me a win of $5.07
    edited January 2015

Now that I'm starting to go out more, I’ve been feeling more calm and relaxed during my poker session.

Today I had managed to make my way into the main event via a semi but didn’t last very long in the main event itself; I had lost one great chance to treble my stack in a way which can be debateable to some. Blinds were 30/60; my stack was 1820 and was in the SB holding A3s.  The problem was UTG+1 had raised by 3BB, making it more risking of me making the call. 2BB or IP I might have called but I think 3BB was one too many for me to call OOP when it’s only really a flush draw I'm wanting. Unfortunately the flop came 833 and the BB, and UTG+1 both jammed their whole stacks.

MTTs were not any good but the cash games was a different story altogether. Normally I see these tables playing a very weak passive game. Today was anything but weak passive, one player got unlucky on a river, having 3bet pre and he cbets both the flop and turn, now I was in a very hard spot thinking surely my AQ is beaten, the river can happen to change the story altogether having come Q, the attempted river jam made by 34s was no good. Another player that got unlucky was someone with 33, he choose to Ch/R his pair on the flop 554ss, holding 1010 I make the call, unfortunately for him the turn give me a 10 and I decide to make the raise, he then went all in maybe thinking I hold the straight flush or nut flush draws.

I did receive 3heavy losses having gone all in with a nut flush draw 4 to the flush K high draw and over pair on the river Q8892 dd hh c, so to have still won £79.93 overall, I think it's a sign that I’ve been playing poker at the wrong times

Cash £92.63

MTT -£12.70

edited January 2015
    what the **** i was thinking, i don't know 9K stack, just moved tables and i decide to play my hand like a maniac, i had been thinking carefully for most the MTT but then one minute of stupidness and i've exited it.

not much else to report really and knowing i've just did the stupidest of actions i'm going to call it a day.

overall i lost -£36.16