You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited January 2015
    again, i started with a great stack and i think it was likely that bordom kicked in and i end up attempting to steal chips from limps. The trouble is i'm not tomyD or mattbates so they will not be so worried about loosing chips and i've ended up feeding them my great stack.

all in all i've lost another £16.94 and who'd have thought i would come out and say, "i wish i never did so good in highroller!"

the truth is i've still not managed to get anywhere near booking this holiday, that money i won is still sitting inside my bank account all because of the fact i'll need the carer with me.

What i'm going to do now is give this social worker one last chance and if he doesn't respond to my aunty on monday, we're going to threat them with a complaint.

to sum up how long it can take these clowns, i had been missing some of my medication and was set to have a program in place, it happened to take the social worker over 8 months to resolve the issue! The chances are i would have still been waiting had the social worker not been threated with a complaint on that occassion.
    edited January 2015
    so all in all i think it's most likely the issue with getting a holiday when i do win big, which has most likely put me into this mess.

Think of it this way, whats the point winning money if i can't use it?
    edited January 2015
    -£16.94 today lost
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning:
    so all in all i think it's most likely the issue with getting a holiday when i do win big, which has most likely put me into this mess. Think of it this way, whats the point winning money if i can't use it?
    Posted by craigcu12
    Imagine the feeling that night when you had your bink, sure you wouldn't want to change that:P

Would it not be at all possible for your Aunt to go on holiday with you?

I hope you get your holiday booked soon and look forward to hearing how you get on.
    edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning : Imagine the feeling that night when you had your bink, sure you wouldn't want to change that:P Would it not be at all possible for your Aunt to go on holiday with you? I hope you get your holiday booked soon and look forward to hearing how you get on.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Larson, i wish my aunty could go but she herself has declined, it's probably due to her age.
    They are attempting to now get me to go on a holiday with an organisation, they probably don't want to admit it, they truthfully don't want to pay the carer a fortnights wages.

The issues my mam has had in the past is the final push, i'll happily go on holiday with her myself, so if the social worker won't allow a carer then they'll have to accept it.

edited February 2015
    This month seems to be going ok, I've had two days of poker so far and both today and sunday has won cash, sunday itself i managed to win £10.98.

Today i had been in with a chance of a great time, my evening session itself saw meplaying 9 tables with an overall total winnings of £32.11. During that session i was playing on 9 tables overall and thought of giving 12 tables a go this evening. 12 table i think was a couple too many and sometimes i ended up playing as many as 4 hands at once where as 9 tables i'll usually be playing 1 or 2 possibly 3 hand at once,

having lost £28.24, my day hasn't finished as well as i hoped but when i've had masses of losses during the recent months any win is good really.

total overall is £3.87.

This month is going to be a month than i'll be taking a rest from MTTs, i'll be unlikely to even play DTDs or orford, the thing with MTTs is they've got a far greater amount of luck and my luck at the minute seems to low.
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited February 2015
    All the best with it, hope you manage to get something sorted.
    edited February 2015
    having taken a break for about a week, i've not got off to the best of starts on my return. all in all i lost £59.05.

Most of my posts could sound quite basic this month as i'm remaining away from MTTs altogether.
    edited February 2015
    This has been my first great day in a long time and saw me make a grand total of £159 profit! My first session of the day was telling me a different story, in that session i lost £29.38 alot of which came from serious coolers.

My second session didn't look as though it was going to go well either and saw me lose £8.80 when the runner runner flush came and defeated my two pair and i lost £19.90 from the standard QQ vs KK. That was it, now things were going to change, i was finally getting myself on the good side of coolers. I still had some bad side coolers, they just were pennie when taking into account the good side coolers  including one pot of £52.51 with an 88 against 75 and 85 on a board 985 T5 R7 and sets consistantly coming my way. I even did a ross jarvis when the set i flopped happened to get folded due to my internet freezing.

I had 4 sessions overall and finished with prizes of -£29.38, £46.18, £29.44 and £113.41.

total £159
    edited February 2015
    my BR is now £0!

don't worry i've not lost it all, what i've done now is withdrew the last £644 before that too becomes fish food.

that highroller has damaged my game big time, now i can't seem to ever get a good days poker and my £3000 that was left in my account has dropped all the way down to £644, so before i loose any more i've choosen to get that taken out and put into my bank acount.

i will have £25 from points in march and i've also got over 47000 points so basically i'll try and restart from scratch and attempt to get myself cash from the freeroll MTTs.

still i'm not giving up poker altogether, i'll still have myself the 888poker account.
  • Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited February 2015
    Hi Craig

Sounds like a great idea. Put money aside and can always reload if feel better. You was having some great days, where you think it all went wrong?

Hope you keep diary going is a good read

Matt
    edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----enough:
    Hi Craig Sounds like a great idea. Put money aside and can always reload if feel better. You was having some great days, where you think it all went wrong? Hope you keep diary going is a good read Matt
    Posted by Nuggy962
    is a bluff as useful in cash games?
    Th1nkerman Small blind   £0.30 £0.30 £47.17
    craigcu12 Big blind   £0.30 £0.60 £49.55
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Th1nkerman Raise   £0.60 £1.20 £46.57
    craigcu12 Raise   £2.40 £3.60 £47.15
    Th1nkerman Call   £1.80 £5.40 £44.77
    Flop

• J

craigcu12 Bet   £4.20 £9.60 £42.95
    Th1nkerman Call   £4.20 £13.80 £40.57
    Turn

craigcu12 Bet   £9.90 £23.70 £33.05
    Th1nkerman Call   £9.90 £33.60 £30.67
    River

• J

craigcu12 Check        
    Th1nkerman Bet   £17.10 £50.70 £13.57
    craigcu12 Call   £17.10 £67.80 £15.95
    Th1nkerman Show
    • J
    • J

craigcu12 Muck
    • A
    • A

Th1nkerman Win Four Jacks £66.80   £80.37
  • rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,945
    edited February 2015
    stop looking at your +/- for each session and concentrate on looking at how your playing regardless if it's a + or -.

stop thinking just because you ended the session + that you played ok, maybe you played badly

likewise a - session doesn't mean you played bad

----------

Concentrating on results is not going to make you a better poker player, looking at your decisions will make you a better player

gl
  • natry20111natry20111 Member Posts: 120
    edited February 2015
    target for 2015 now this might sound stupid but knowing how high stress levels can get through bordom, the last thing i want to be doing is playing poker after having a boring day. So my target for 2015 is to start getting myself more active with things during the day such as bike rides and cleaning the house. That way come the evening i'll be feeling alot more relaxing and instead of playing poker as a way to get myself out of bordom, i shall be playing poker more like a relaxing and fun manner. my second target for this year is set myself a study day.
    Posted by craigcu12
    you social life and everything that's gos on in you life is so important for you poker game. they do say keeping fit will help you a lot|!
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning : you social life and everything that's gos on in you life is so important for you poker game. they do say keeping fit will help you a lot|!
    Posted by natry20111
    very true
    Greg Raymer is a good example of this 
    edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----one off or just the beginning : you social life and everything that's gos on in you life is so important for you poker game. they do say keeping fit will help you a lot|!
    Posted by natry20111
    Now that it's coming up to spring, i will be doing lots more cycling. Thursday i did well, sure enough I had done a practical task on my college course.
    I've just done a 9 mile cycle ride, now that i've returned, i shall go onto 888 poker as i'll still be feeling up to it on that one, maybe if i win, i'll pt £100 into here and attempt to build up my bankroll fom cash alone. Whenever i gain money from an MTT, that shall be going straight into my bank account.
    edited February 2015

Once I got back from the cycle ride, I decided to give 888 poker a go, sure enough that went very well with an overall profit of $57.81 (578.1BB). Using hold’em manager, I can filter my hand histories much better. Once I finished my session, I reviewed pacific hands like KJ KQ and suited connectors, questioning if I could play them any better.

So I decided to deposit £100 into the sky poker account and it has gone great. I had two sessions; my first one had seen me playing the freerolls and 1 nl10p. When I exited the freerolls, I went into 4 nl4p and would put them along the side and have an enlarged view of the nl10. All in all that session I had a total win of £11.34, every single table had a winnings and the nl10p was £1.08.

My second session didn’t get a winning on every table, the nl10p lost £1.54 and I lost 29p on nl4, overall I did get a larger winnings total than that in my first one, overall won £17.79 in this one.

My total winnings for today was

£29.13 sky poker

$57.96888 poker

edited February 2015
    I shall be doing more cycle rides every day and also will play that 888 poker first, then i will do a review on my hands on that site and use it to improve myself ready for the sky poker.
    edited February 2015

Yet more evidence is being revealed on the idea that having some time out will do my poker good.

When I returned home from the 18 mile cycle ride, I choose to play 4nl10c on 888poker along with 1 nl10p+ the 2.5K freeroll on sky poke. Both sky and 888 didn’t get off to the best of starts having lost £6.60 when I was jammed by a set on the board 10 8 A (1h) which I happened to hold AKs, sets were one thing but it could have been an AK, AQ or two pair combo he held, my equity was 40% and so I made the call knowing I'm certainly not drawing dead.

On 888 poker my loss was a full chipstack, I might have went a bit too loose when on the turn the villain jammed his other £7 making me call £6.90 for a pot of £20.40 when my odds of winning was most likely 20.76/1 knowing the flush is my only likely win.

Overall I had a great day generally winning an overall total of $27.96 on my 4 nl10c tables with the showdown total coming to $25.74 and non showdown total of $2.22. My sky poker game had gone very well too; it got a total prize of £4.63 and also entry into the 9:30BH. In the bounty hunter itself, one minute I was going great then I called the short stack all in holding KJ and lost out, then with KK I goes all in against 10 10 but lost 2K having seen him hit set, now I had 15BB so decided to just take a gamble with J4s and went out having saw the limper actually hold KK. Overall I wasn’t that bothered really as I had got in for free and won £7.50 from two head prizes.

Having exited the BH I did attempt a final cash session but soon began feeling bored so I’ll call it a day.

Sky £16.88

888poker $25.74

edited February 2015
    what i might be tempted to do tomorrow is perhap i'll play 4 nl10p on sky because although my BR is £145, my truthful Br is actually £600.

If i see myself lose 2 buy ins, i'll stop right away.