You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited February 2015

As long as I don’t reload too much, I think I will manage to play on nl10p tables but only when I'm not in an MTT. My first session went very good and I accomplished a great winning total of £27.03, Having a small BR I may have lost myself some value when playing straights or flushes on paired boards, for instance I once held KQ, board was 9s 2h jc 2c 10d I did reraise his first button click back but when he does a second button click, I just called because his hand could be J2o as far as I can tell.

My second session did not go so well and I lost £31.96 (£28.56+£3.40 in sats) a large chuck was because I was getting on the wrong side of what seemed to be a good looking newbie. Also playing freerolls, I might have taken that play into my cash tables that I had up at the time, even micro stakes cash won’t get as many bad calls as a freeroll does.

Well my second session finished,  now that i was in a loss and with not as much time left, I only played on 2nl10p tables and moved over onto 2 nl8p tables as well. Like the first one, this too had went very well, maybe I'm wrong and these do get some poor calls, one person holds 78o board was 2c3s5c Qc 7d and when i jam he called the over bet with his Qd 8h on the board 7h 9h 7d Qh 4h and them two callers along with a great £10 won via set over set allowed my final session to finish as the best of them all with a winnings total of £34.10, including one nl8p table winning of £22.32.

i didn't play any 888poker today just sky poker so just £29.17

edited February 2015
    thanks all those post following my over reaction, now my game looks to be getting back together again.
  • Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,340
    edited February 2015
    Glad to see your having a good session and making profit, 

sat with you earlier, didnt see you getting involved in to many pots, even if i did raise every button ...pretty much if i got the chance :) enjoyed  itt hough , although i had a better run on the other table,

gl and mabye see you around a little more.  
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----enough:
    thanks all those post following my over reaction, now my game looks to be getting back together again.
    Posted by craigcu12
    You may not even realise it's affecting you, it may be subconscious, but I think it's comments like this that are making it hard for you.

As Rancid said above, forget about session results, all you should be thinking about is making correct decisions in each hand. It seems like you are SO heavily orientated around your results so a few bad sessions and suddenly you're the worst player in the world, then you win in the next 2 sessions and everything is back on track and you're doing good.

If you play cash, you're gonna have losing sessions probably 40%+ of the time no matter how good you are, sometimes it'l be 10 losing sessions in a row, sometimes it'll be 10 winning sessiosn in a row but you're gonna have to get used to that.
    edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----enough:
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary----enough : You may not even realise it's affecting you, it may be subconscious, but I think it's comments like this that are making it hard for you. As Rancid said above, forget about session results, all you should be thinking about is making correct decisions in each hand. It seems like you are SO heavily orientated around your results so a few bad sessions and suddenly you're the worst player in the world, then you win in the next 2 sessions and everything is back on track and you're doing good. If you play cash, you're gonna have losing sessions probably 40%+ of the time no matter how good you are, sometimes it'l be 10 losing sessions in a row, sometimes it'll be 10 winning sessiosn in a row but you're gonna have to get used to that.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I must admit i had been getting very orientated with myself most months and it comes as no suprise really! What's happened is most my poker games have been played out of bordom and i've onto the tables more stressful than relaxed. So instead of being the patient player i'm meant to be i've played as a maniac and rushed through games like a maniac.

Last thursday i did notice myself have a good day, also my best days in the past were appearing on wednesday, these were he day i had been active throughout the day volenteering, now i'm aiming to do a cycle ride everyday I'm not at college or volenteering, that should allow myself to feel more relaxed and in a happy mood whilst playing.

The other problem i've had is going over the top when a big prize was won in an MTT. i've now restarted my  game all over again. Starting from £100, i'm building my BR almost entirely from cash tables as that was my original game and i'll know when i can really move up, I'll still be playing MTTs, i'll just be withdrawing those prizes more frequently.

Also now i'll be playing more 888poker too as a bad session on sky could more than likely turn out to be a good day on the other site.
  • rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,945
    edited February 2015
    You should sit down at the tables with the right frame of mind, this is very important.
    If time away from poker is helping this then all the better.

results though should not affect your state of mind

you could go and have a great time away from the tables and feel great but still have a masive losing session from the moment you sit down

you not going to win all the time, which is probably the reaons why people get so down cause they expect too much

edited February 2015
    My poker game today hadn't got off to the best of starts and saw me get a loss of $31.99. My style of play at the time wasn't the type of style suited for these tables. They might have been loose tables, but they were packed with donkeys, whereas i had being playing a game designed for them who play a fit/fold approach, soon I was feeling confused and had make calls with middle pairs against donkeys that I had noted down as top pair donks thinking they were the type who donked total air

It was time to give up, the donking was getting very confusing and i was struggling to even play things like AA! So it might have been a loss but it's what i expect giving the table dynamic.

Tonight I attempted to have a game on sky and this one went very good. I had a great bit of fun with another TAG, we both got a number of coolers against one another including one where I held the nut flush and he holds a straight flush, when he said unlucky, i just tells him well you suffered against my set with an AA.
    I might have taken my game a step too far at one time when i attempted to bluff his 3betting rnge into folding on a board that was KJ4ddd with my 99d. Had the flop been J high then I might hav been more understandable but being K high, I forgot that even AK with 1 diamond is already ahead of meand those like KK and JJ were never going to fold as even if i did hold the flush they would have outs to make the full house.

All in all i still finished with a decent winnings and having put more damage into the fish who chase the flushes, those two losses were not able to stop me getting an overall winnings today of £28.52.
    edited February 2015
    My diary might have had nothing yesterday but I just didn't have time really as I was feeling too bored and also needed an early night for the england cricket match.

I was expecting myself to be far too tired to bother playing today but having saw how rubbish england started, i just give up and went to bed. So i decided to skip the rest of the cricket match had a decent sleep and am quite glad really as i'd have missed out on so great cash from not 1 but 2 extreme calling stations. The tables tonight must have been far looser than they normally are, usually when i've left a table i'd have likely exited with twice my entry fee at max. What i'm not going to win often is  cash prizes of £37.65, £40.05 and £31.66 all in the same session.

These prizes didn't come without a price, one calling station i only found out was one when he called my overbet jam with 95o on the river board 9s 8h 2h Qs Ks, another incidient occured when i done an overbet jam with my set on a turn to get the maximum value from two pairs straight draws and flush draws but run into the straight and miss my full house on the river.

overall my best move of the night came when i managed to fold a fullhouse!

Having folded the full house, i thought to myself afterwards, should i have actually raised this in the first place?

player X is someone i'm sure would be able to read my hand very well, if he had trips i'm thinking a raise on the river is most likely to see him fold, being the sort of board it is and considering how many are in the pot a straight is probably not in his range when a bet is made on the turn, so i probably was only getting called by better.
    The other side to the coin however is weather it's fine to do considering i'll still be likely to see the rest of the field call trips and straights if they have them so just do the raise and if he does reraise i fold.
    x Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £24.00
    craigcu12 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.86
      Your hole cards

rosieP23 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £13.36
    WOBLY57 Fold        
    puckablue Call   £0.10 £0.35 £10.43
      Call   £0.10 £0.45 £4.80
    x Call   £0.05 £0.50 £23.95
    craigcu12 Check        
    Flop

x Check        
    craigcu12 Check        
    rosieP23 Check        
    puckablue Check        
      Check        
    Turn

x Bet   £0.20 £0.70 £23.75
    craigcu12 Call   £0.20 £0.90 £9.66
    rosieP23 Call   £0.20 £1.10 £13.16
    puckablue Call   £0.20 £1.30 £10.23
      Call   £0.20 £1.50 £4.60
    River

x Bet   £1.50 £3.00 £22.25
    craigcu12 Raise   £4.50 £7.50 £5.16
    rosieP23 Fold        
    puckablue Fold        
      Call   £4.50 £12.00 £0.10
    x All-in   £22.25 £34.25 £0.00
    craigcu12 Fold        
      All-in   £0.10 £34.35 £0.00
    x Unmatched bet   £19.15 £15.20 £19.15
    x Show

Show
    • A

x Win Full House, 7s and 9s £14.06   £33.21
    edited February 2015
    all in all my day has been great and i'ved got an overall winnings today of £46.94
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited February 2015
    Good fold with the house.  Think the raise is fair enough for so many in the pot, every chance that someone will have a rogue 9 or odd straight - backed up by A9 going all in.

Well played sir.
  • CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,821
    edited February 2015
    X happened to be me, and you can keep my name in on any of your hands Craig as I really dont mind. I try not to play every hand the same anyway, especially against regs. Great fold too, a tough one I think. 

And I too am gutted about how dismally England played v's NZ. I love cricket and hate that I cant really watch any live as it plays out when i'm asleep! McCullom is something else though! A monster, as is AB DeVilliers! We have no chance when noe of our batsmen can ever dismantle a side like those can. Yes we have great batsmen but too often they stay in their shell or go the other way and take silly risks. The thing about brilliant batsmen is they play big shots with little risk and dont mind if they hit a few dot balls along the way.

Its between AUS and NZ for me with NZ the favouraites.
    edited February 2015
    As there is only a week left to get the points needed in the up promo, I've chosen to take that extra step and go onto a couple of nl20! with a br of only £250 this does sound like a bad move but in fairness my intent is to join the nl20 if and when i am already in great profit on nl10p because i'll be only playing on 2 and won't do much buy ins, also if i've  lost over a certain amount i'll be leaving. The reason i'm doing this is to see if i can get the 3000 points needed to reach the 6K i need for the up promo.

My first entry onto a nl20 was done when i go my chip stack to £46.81 on nl10, i left that table and decided to use the cash on a nl20 knowing that table would achieve more points and whilst playing that table i won £4.36 and soon left as my other nl0s were starting to turn against me.

later on i saw myself in profit of £40 and decided to put that towards  two nl20p, this time my nl10ps continued to go well allowing me to put more time on nl20p and i managed to make myself a cash prize of £16.47 on one but did loose a cash prize of £11.20 on a second.

My final session of the night I managed to see myself gain a chip stack of £53.80 on a nl10p and again used that on nl20p, now i might have went a step too far on this occassion having restacked on both the tables. luckily enough i did make up the restack on one of them but the other one i wasn't sdo unfortunate and lost £29.92.

Overall my night still turned out well and i made a total winnings of £32.53

if i do happen to suffer a bad loss what i might do is transfer some of that 888poker money over.
    edited February 2015

3,000pts in 5 days?  That is going to be some grind, very good luck!!

edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary- cash tables alone:
    3,000pts in 5 days?  That is going to be some grind, very good luck!!
    Posted by shakinaces
    it's roughly 2.500 that i'll need but mygame in the last two hours tells me even that is going to be difficult when playing nl10.

people frequently are fit folding and therefore i've not been able togain that point i need, even a call on the flop will not often work, when doing a standard raise, i might need to raise by 50p preflop then do the cbet 50p or second option is play more nl20p again and just move all that 888poker cash over to this one for now.
  • CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,821
    edited February 2015
    Playing 6 tables of 10nl will get you about 40-50 points an hour depending on how big your pots get.
    edited February 2015
    Know how difficult it was going to be attempting to gain the 2500, i attempted to play 10-16 tables together at the same time and boy was it tough, when playing 4-6 tables i'm normally going to wait 2 minutes before i was playing a hand but when playing on 16 tables i was likely to be in atleast 2 hands every sing second. My grinding began at 14:46 and i began with 6 tables, after 15 minutes i started to add more and more, soon i was playing about 12-16 tables at once including 2-3 nl20p. During that session i was in great form and managed to see myself make profit of £49.05 including 2 tables getting cash exits of 1.5xBu on a MC10p and 4.3xBI on a standard nl10p.

After taking a break whilst eating my tea, I returned to the cash tables again and would play until i go to bed. This time things didn't go as well cash wise because most tables finished out on losses. Although they were losses, i still believe I should have came out on only a small loss or maybe a winning becaue a large number of them losses were small />£1 and i did see a number of my table winning reach £10+. My real damage came when I remained for an hour too long, the tables now were starting to fill with maniacs and donkeys, these would be hard to read having got so many tables and due to them overvaluing top pair, I needed to think more carefully about what hands to call and what hands to fold.

Overall i made a total winning of £32.07 (£56.39-£24.32) but should have been maybe £50-£60.

My points total in january was 3216, so i'll need 6432

My points total tonight is 4624, today I believe I've made roughly 500 points. If by friday, I get anywhere between 5500 and 6000, I'll transfer every single bit of 888poker BR across and do grinding on nl20 on saturday when I'll be confidient of getting the final 500-800 points needed for the total to get reached.
  • mrsduckmrsduck Member Posts: 1,901
    edited February 2015
    GL Craig, don't put too much pressure on yourself to meet the target! keep concentrating on playing optimally :) 
    edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary- cash tables alone:
    Know how difficult it was going to be attempting to gain the 2500, i attempted to play 10-16 tables together at the same time and boy was it tough, when playing 4-6 tables i'm normally going to wait 2 minutes before i was playing a hand but when playing on 16 tables i was likely to be in atleast 2 hands every sing second. My grinding began at 14:46 and i began with 6 tables, after 15 minutes i started to add more and more, soon i was playing about 12-16 tables at once including 2-3 nl20p. During that session i was in great form and managed to see myself make profit of £49.05 including 2 tables getting cash exits of 1.5xBu on a MC10p and 4.3xBI on a standard nl10p. After taking a break whilst eating my tea, I returned to the cash tables again and would play until i go to bed. This time things didn't go as well cash wise because most tables finished out on losses. Although they were losses, i still believe I should have came out on only a small loss or maybe a winning becaue a large number of them losses were small />£1 and i did see a number of my table winning reach £10+. My real damage came when I remained for an hour too long, the tables now were starting to fill with maniacs and donkeys, these would be hard to read having got so many tables and due to them overvaluing top pair, I needed to think more carefully about what hands to call and what hands to fold. Overall i made a total winning of £32.07 ( £56.39 - £24.32 ) but should have been maybe £50-£60. My points total in january was 3216, so i'll need 6432 My points total tonight is 4624, today I believe I've made roughly 500 points. If by friday, I get anywhere between 5500 and 6000, I'll transfer every single bit of 888poker BR across and do grinding on nl20 on saturday when I'll be confidient of getting the final 500-800 points needed for the total to get reached.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Glad I was able to donate to your chip stack and help your grind :)

Things should be a lot easier for you to make the totals now Sky have double points running from Thursday through Saturday.  8 hours of 6 tabling NL10/NL20 on each of those 3 days should pretty much be enough to get well past the 6k barrier?
    edited February 2015
    another day, another long session and again another good winnings, it was however a day with lots of suprises too and i think the best way of describin it is like a day at the beach, lots of donkeys!

My first session of the day didn't actually start until 16:55 and it wasn't a very long one either because at 6:15 I needed to stop and have my tea. As far as suprises go, them too were not yet happening, it was more or less a standard grind session and overall that finished as £29.87

The second session of the night was where suprises came in, first up I probably lost way more than what i should do based on equity as i suffered alot of bad beats, KK vs K9ss sees a over aggressive play OTF Qs9d2s cause him to go AI and he hit the 9 OTT, i lost £7.55. JJ vs 47s all in pre went on to lose, so another £5.98 lost. AA vs 73o all in pre and lost a small £1.30. Then at 20:50 my game suddenly froze and i was thinking i had now lost my AA but i must have got unfortunate to have bet the flop just before it froze as it wasn't in my losses.

Once My Pc and broadband was reset, I reopened most my tables and did change a couple of the high winnings tables for some new ones. As far as suprises go, The post flop donks were now more often suffering, my preflop jamming was still not having much sucess especially the times it was AK and maybe now it was my turn to loose out when the table that had my premium pair (KK) got accidently minimized, therefore i was too late to make my 4bet preflop, who knows it might have save me from a full lost against AA.

overall my total winnings today is £50.88

I mi9ght have lost lots of cash against some of those donks but one thing it was helpful for is my points tally. My points toal now stands at 5051 and as it will be double points on thursday, friday and saturday, I could be standing a great chance of reaching my target points and who knows i could leave my 888poker BR alone and just continue grinding on 9 nl10p cash tables and 3 nl20p.
    edited February 2015
    When playing on 12 tables, it seems to reveal a much clearer picture of how loose some people really are, when playing hands now, i've fealt much more confidient about making a bet on a scary board knowing that i could well still get a worse hand to call and the chances of a loose passive player raising is low therefore i'm going to be beaten most days.

I did make one awful mistake at 7pm, I decided to take a punt on MS tables and it mesed my game up completely. When playing anna, i tend to enjoy a bit of fun and sometimes like to play the position game. The problem is i've taken it too far and i've ended up loosing more cash on the other tables. That mastercash session lost me £68.84.

Had i used common sense and just remained on my 9nl10p and 3 nl20 i probably could have won myself over £50-£100 but that bit of stupidity has caused me to now only win £18.21, still i won some cash and that's the main thing.

As far as my points tally goes double points certainly did give me the added benifit and now i'm in with a great shout of reaching my target of 6432 because my points tally now stands at 5793 and today i've made over 700 points