You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary- cash tables alone:
    When playing on 12 tables, it seems to reveal a much clearer picture of how loose some people really are, when playing hands now, i've fealt much more confidient about making a bet on a scary board knowing that i could well still get a worse hand to call and the chances of a loose passive player raising is low therefore i'm going to be beaten most days. I did make one awful mistake at 7pm, I decided to take a punt on MS tables and it mesed my game up completely. When playing anna, i tend to enjoy a bit of fun and sometimes like to play the position game. The problem is i've taken it too far and i've ended up loosing more cash on the other tables. That mastercash session lost me £68.84 . Had i used common sense and just remained on my 9nl10p and 3 nl20 i probably could have won myself over £50-£100 but that bit of stupidity has caused me to now only win £18.21 , still i won some cash and that's the main thing. As far as my points tally goes double points certainly did give me the added benifit and now i'm in with a great shout of reaching my target of 6432 because my points tally now stands at 5793 and today i've made over 700 points
    Posted by craigcu12
    We all like to play the position game with Anna.
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary- cash tables alone : We all like to play the position game with Anna.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I know this isn't always a popular thing to say on the forum, but I want to hear more from H...
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited February 2015
    Today appears to have been a not so lucky day cash wise, overall i've lost an estimated £62, I would have liked to give an exact figure but the difficulty with that is i've been chopping and changing tables frequently, all i can say really is i'm certainly going to be glad when it's over because 12 tables is certainly too many. I think i could attempt to play on 12 if 6 were sky tables and 6 were 888poker because i'd still be able to fully concentrate on the action being done on sky poker and just use the HUDS on 888, If i'm playing sky alone i will start off with 6 at max and then maybe add a few more when i've got an idea of the current table structures. Then again i was only really doing this so that i could reach my points tally and i can now confirm it has been achieved as my points total today has came to a total of 6621, january itself saw me get 3216.
    edited March 2015
    Having fealt the way i fealt in the first few hours on poker, something tells me that whilst playing nl10p, i might be able to play 12 tables at once! I started off by playing only 4tables and found myself starting to get all worked up when the bad beats happened, the thing about nl10p assigning hand ranges is much harder to do because you've got lots over playing poor hands, lots of people who are calling stations, some maniacs and then of course a few regs.

Having got the DTD1,2 and 3, i had to remain on just a small number of tables because lot's of focus was needed for MTTs. Once i exited DTD 1 and 2 i give up DTD 3 as my chip stack was small and now i was certain to miss out on a free MTT prize, so i attempted to spend time on 12 cash tables and sure enough I now found myself much calmer when getting a loss and knew that the were other tables making up for that. There are a number of other valid reasons too, once it get back onto nl20 i'll return to only having 6 tables but on nl10 their is so many Calling stations, fish and maniacs.

my cash today was £23.34
    MTT was -£12.70
    points 205
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited March 2015
    Having fealt the way i fealt in the first few hours on poker, something tells me that whilst playing nl10p, i might be able to play 12 tables at once! I started off by playing only 4tables and found myself starting to get all worked up when the bad beats happened, the thing about nl10p assigning hand ranges is much harder to do because you've got lots over playing poor hands, lots of people who are calling stations, some maniacs and then of course a few regs. Having got the DTD1,2 and 3, i had to remain on just a small number of tables because lot's of focus was needed for MTTs. Once i exited DTD 1 and 2 i give up DTD 3 as my chip stack was small and now i was certain to miss out on a free MTT prize, so i attempted to spend time on 12 cash tables and sure enough I now found myself much calmer when getting a loss and knew that the were other tables making up for that. There are a number of other valid reasons too, once it get back onto nl20 i'll return to only having 6 tables but on nl10 their is so many Calling stations, fish and maniacs. my cash today was £23.34 MTT was -£12.70 points 205
    Posted by craigcu12
    This is why notes are important Craig. You can't just assign the same range to 100% of people in any given situation. You definitely can assign ranges at 10NL, and if anything it's one of the easier levels to do it because people tend to play more face up.
    edited March 2015
    i'm starting to wonder if this week will be a bad week on sky poker, maybe i need to divert my game onto 888 poker.  I could also question weather or not i overcalled some hands, for instance i 3bet AKss pre and the flop comes 8s 4c 3sn now i choose to Ch but having seen the UTG limper now show stregth, should i be even bothering to call when the only certainty that could still win is a flush?

I also might have over valued QQ pre because knowing how passive people can be with AK, i might have better equity with AK that QQ.

I had opted to take about 30 minutes break and when i returned, i still wasn't getting much luck but it did tell me that my mistakes were common.

paul you've said notes is important and I couldn't agree more, they might be easy to read but even loose players vary as either LP or LAG especially post flop
    edited March 2015
    overall today, i've lost £97
    edited March 2015
    My experience on poker today tells me, I was just too wound and should not have been playing poker in the first place on tuesday. When spots like K3o vs 73o Q33 8 7 occured, my reaction today was a far calmer one and could continue to play my game as normal.

Overall i had 2 sessions. My first one had been 3hours long spent on the same 6 tables through out. Having colour coded people, I now realize who are the real poor guys and this itself was partly why i remained on the same 6 tables. Overall I won £27.94 this session.

During the football match, I tried some 888poker but due to the tables being so tight, I wasn't having much action at all. I did manage to gain $3 and once the football finished, I went back across to sky.

My final session of the night was the longest one of all, This was also a session which had seen me switching tables more frequently after losing the chance to make £20 on the nl20p when K3ovs 73o, AK vs KJ and AQ vs 99 all lost out, I did continue on the nl20 table that lost these because their was one person who had been playing like a maniac, soon my stack did reach £36, then thanks to a player being decepting with AK, I was allowed to see the flop with my 65s opened pre and hit myself the straight OTT and see him over value the AK now he made his TPTP.

My total for the night was £71.72
    point tally this month 740
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited March 2015
    i'm starting to wonder if this week will be a bad week on sky poker, maybe i need to divert my game onto 888 poker.  I could also question weather or not i overcalled some hands, for instance i 3bet AKss pre and the flop comes 8s 4c 3sn now i choose to Ch but having seen the UTG limper now show stregth, should i be even bothering to call when the only certainty that could still win is a flush? I also might have over valued QQ pre because knowing how passive people can be with AK, i might have better equity with AK that QQ. I had opted to take about 30 minutes break and when i returned, i still wasn't getting much luck but it did tell me that my mistakes were common. paul you've said notes is important and I couldn't agree more, they might be easy to read but even loose players vary as either LP or LAG especially post flop
    Posted by craigcu12
    I forgot to mention it in my last post but this kinda thinking is exactly what I mean. It seems like you want to put every player into a neat little box, 'he's tight, he's loose, job done', it just doesn't work like that.

Yes loose players vary and that's why you take notes. It's not enough for your note to say 'he's loose' cos that tells you pretty much nothing. Every player is a human being that plays their own way for whatever reason. You can't just play the exact same way against all loose people, some people are loose in the sense they just call too much so we need to value bet wider and more often, some people are loose but in a much more aggressive way so more often we can give them the rope to hang themselves when we make hands. But just to take one of those examples, if you 'give the the rope' to a loose passive player when you flop the world what's gonna happen mostly is you get paid nothing cos they'll just check down.

So getting it wrong/not understanding at a bit of a deeper level what kind of player they are has a huge impact on your winnings.
    edited March 2015
    when I review the way some of my hands were won today, registering onto deuces cracked was certainly worth the money. My first session of the day again was a one where i remained consistant on the same 6 table throughout the session and managed to get a few great chipstacks, When looking at my play, it makes me wonder now if I will be able to start reaching more final tables in MTTs. I won't be doing it just yet mind as my BR is still only £364, Even when i do recharge my BR, Iwon't get my hopes up that much because MTTs do have a different structure, so what works in cash is not guarenteed to work in MTTs.

Having got a chipstack 6X the original buy in and a total prize of £81.82 on nl10p, I was tempted to go for entry into the main event but having started off badly on M.cash, I decided to opt out as a decent cash prize turning into losses was the last thing I wanted. Between 8pm and 10pm, things were starting to change in favour of a good outcome, Then i made a sudden U turn, i had lost focus, doing too much bullying against calling stations. At 11:30-12pm, I managed to get back into full focus, now things turned back in my favour and I managed to make myself a small profit in that session.

Overall i made £75.99 (£81.82+£8.57 - £14.40(2xAI+semi))
    edited March 2015
    3 weeks ago I decided to take out all on my BR, Then i got some posts from people, calmed down and redeposited £100. 3 weeks later my Br has reached £458, I know I can do it, I know I've got the ability to play decent poker, I've got to stop getting so results orientated because I won't get winning sessions every day, not even the pros will have winning sessions every day.

Today has again been a great poker session, a few big table losses but make up easily by the take winnings i achieved, including a cash prize of £68.43 on nl20. These daily winning i've have in recent weeks might be good but what i've enjoyed best about the last couple of weeks is it's taught me so much about my game, I did have a good poker game prior to that down fall but it was clearly packed with big mistakes as well and worst of all I was extremely results orientated with bad losses and big MTT wins.

This holiday I'm wanting has still not got round to being booked, Whilst carers are here, it'll be a nightmare for me to attempt to make it to a UKPC and due to the recent fits, i'll be unable to drive, but the one thing i spend this money on is pokemon cards, so when i get good MTTs prize, only once i've built my BR up through cash tables alone will i be taking the step up.

cash BR ATM is £458.

My table dynamic is 5 nl10p and 1 nl20p (all nl10p if i've got MC tables). Once my BR reaches £1K i'll then start going mainly nl20p.
    edited March 2015
    Having had such a great time on poker, i decided to reward myself and make a direct entry into the main event, Having chosen to allow myself entry, perhaps i shouldn't have spent any cash on the sats because my total cost overall was £14.40 sats and £33 direct entry+£5.50 for the mini. When playing the main event, i think i did make a few over calls, at the 40/80 mark my chipstack was 6005 then comes a spot where i decide o take a huge gamble and call a jam made on the turn with AsKc on a board 10c 2s 5s Qs and having Ch/C the flop i was clearly drawing to a flush or straight and well i did hit the flush but that card was a 10s so set still won, with a stack of just over 2000 i gragually lost it all, as for the mini, that too i had a great chipstack and it was a simple cash of all in QQ against an AA that changed things.

I think myself the best MTT is the super roller sadly i will not be doing direct entry into that so my only hope is a sat entry.

Cash tables themselves were again very good, having got a maniac playing on a nl10p i did insist on remaining on that able until he was gone and so  tremained on all he tables, having chosen to remain up for long, my thinking was that will be where the money comes from but it wasn't, instead i lost a chunky amount from that table, instead it was a nl20p table that saw me gain a big caash prize, first up my stack reached £48.30 due to a shove by AJ on a board KJ105 and i held KK at the turn, next up comes QQ and unlike my KK, this hand required a set as it was against KK, sure enough it hit the set and was all in on the turn, so i left with £75.58.

overall my day has seem a winnings of £43.18

£79.30 cash tables
    -£36.12 MTTs
    edited March 2015
    my poker today didn't have much in cash, I did have about an hour of cash at 5pm whilst waiting to begin my semi and in that time i had won myself £10.50.

At 6pm, I went for direct entry into the semi, yes it might be £24 but the difference with a semi is I can finish in 16th place  and will still get the same prize i would have got for 1st place whereas the standard MTT i'd have to finish 1st. The semi itself had seen me get off to a great start with both a bit of luck and someove else over valuing over pairs, the luck came when  1010 hit the top set and being such a dry board, he doesn't raise top set, unfortunately for him i got myself a premium set on the turn when J came, therefore my stack was doubled. 20 minutes later I was the overplayer overpair, having raised in SB i decide to call 98o and when the flop comes 765dd he seemed happy to do a 4bet jam with 1010 having seen me 3bet my straight. Later on luck turned against me my stack halfed, having got donked on the flop by a short stack, i chose to 3bet jam my QQ and get called by 99 this itself would be a win most days but having had the good luck with my JJ, now it was time for bad luck and the 9 came on the turn. I was thinking to myself now i'd just living in hope that someone else is willing to game but the bad luck i got with QQ was about to repay me with some good luck and awarded me a double up when my QQ suvived against an A8s, then it was just a simple tight game whilst the buble is on the verge of bursting.

In the super roller itself, i'd got off to a very good start, the first hour alone, my chipstack reached 15731. Being a cash player, this is the sort of tournament that suits me best, A BHs themselves are far looser and have a much quicker pace plus stacks are more shallow.  At about 12pm i fealt i might have lost a bit of focus having questioned my weak bet with quads and this then caused me to miss the chance of bluffs when they possible and do bluffs at times when they were better off Ch/F.

In the grand sceme of things i was very happy to have managed to make it past the bubble and won a prize of £216.

my overall total today is £177.73 all of which will be taken out.
    edited March 2015

When you see my title, it should mean that my main poker time would be spent playing cash, it's true I should be playing cash but that didn't mean I would be avoiding playing the 6pm semi and like Sunday, I again had achieved entry into the main event through the semi and like Sunday's super roller, I got myself a deep run during Monday's BH and finished in 14th place, It did have one think different about it, tonight the luck came I the main event itself when at the very start, I was all in against a two pair with AA, my lucky card this time was a river 2 that awarded me the straight and like the late stages yesterday my luck again went against me when a QQ lost out this time it was a flip against AK, make me wonder, instead of attempting to steal a button raise by doing a 3bet jam with Q5s, should I have just waited for another QQ and again like the semi on sunday, I double my chipstack with the lucky QQ?

overall my winnings is £102.05 (15.31+ £86.74)

the little bit cash I did play was ok and got me £15.31, only that will remain in the BR, the MTT cash made after costs of entry will all be coming out.

edited March 2015
    well i was hoping to do more cash games today but instead i've opted to watch a couple of videos from deuces cracked as i was very busy this morning and didn't have chance to watch any yesterday. I did play an hour or so cash and had managed to win £4.13 through a few coolers.
    edited March 2015
    most days this week i've been a bit too stressed out through the day and therefore didn't play any poker, yesterday i think i should have done the same, I did have an enjoyable day out and seemed happy but deep down i think my sister had got me wound up being so hyper like she did most days this week, when i started off, I got a bit motivated over just one loss and as my day went on things got worse and worse, when i fibnally did stop playing,  My difficulty attempting to sleep told me clearly, i was not in the relaxing frame of mind to play in the first place and should have just waited for the new week, to start.

overall between £150-£200 had got lost.
    edited March 2015
    coolers+maniacs+ calling stations when added together tell me i must begin my poker game on nl4, this monday was an extremely bad day, i didn't suffer as bad a loss as i had done sunday but it certainly fealt that way, KK was constantly losing it's battles, sets were counterfeited byrunner runner cards giving pairs more decent FH and also a weak set hitting it's 1 card needed to provide quads, broadway cards were facing awful spots when the flop missed, it was very difficult knowing weather to cbet, Ch/R or just make the easy but more wasteful spot of Ch/F the flop.

My BR has now dropped down to just £200, i likely feel more comfertable playing a nl20p that a nl10p and as my BR is so low, i shall be starting off on nl4p as that will give me 50 BIs.
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited March 2015

There was one or two people just running beyond golden at the tables I shared with you last night Craig... but it seemed to tilt you way more than has normally been the case when I've seen you at the tables.  You were lucky that you had position on the poor player so would have likely gotten a fair amount back from them if you'd stuck to your normal game.

Perhaps some work on mental game or a short break from the tables would be of benefit?

edited March 2015
    There was one or two people just running beyond golden at the tables I shared with you last night Craig... but it seemed to tilt you way more than has normally been the case when I've seen you at the tables.  You were lucky that you had position on the poor player so would have likely gotten a fair amount back from them if you'd stuck to your normal game. Perhaps some work on mental game or a short break from the tables would be of benefit?
    Posted by shakinaces
    I think it's when combined with me constantly getting KK against AA, three times in an hour! sets themselves going awful, atleast 4 have lost to better full house in one day!

as i say nl4 is going to be where i am as a bad run like this, nl10 is far too dangerous for £200
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,760
    edited March 2015
    There was one or two people just running beyond golden at the tables I shared with you last night Craig... but it seemed to tilt you way more than has normally been the case when I've seen you at the tables.  You were lucky that you had position on the poor player so would have likely gotten a fair amount back from them if you'd stuck to your normal game. Perhaps some work on mental game or a short break from the tables would be of benefit?
    Posted by shakinaces
    hey.hey.i was on his right last nite im not that bad am i...oh..i am :)