You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Brexit

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,547
    Patel comments on no-deal Brexit in Ireland criticised

Elsewhere on Twitter, SDLP MLA Claire Hanna delivered a sharp rebuke to Ms Patel's comments.
    "The warped and spectacularly ignorant mind of Brexit, alongside the evil approach to Ireland is the failure to grasp that this is about the most food secure island in the world," the South Belfast MLA wrote.
    Former Sinn Féin Irish presidential candidate Liadh Ní Riada MEP accused Ms Patel of using the "threat of food shortages in Ireland" to force a change in Ireland's policy on the backstop - which she said was "despicable".
    Priti Patel resigned as UK international development secretary in November last year amid controversy over her unauthorised meetings with Israeli officials.
    The BBC asked Ms Patel for a response to the criticism but none was received.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46488479
  • Options
    Plotting and scheming afoot as PM's options narrow

It's seemed almost hard to move anywhere without running into a minister on a mission - tasked to promote a Brexit plan that's widely judged to be doomed to defeat in the Commons on Tuesday.
    Meanwhile, the bars and the tea rooms in Parliament have been quietly humming with the sound of plotting and scheming.
    For some, about how to take control of Brexit. For others, how to grab the keys to Number Ten.

While no-one can be sure of anything just now, none of the outcomes being discussed by MPs look anything but grim for the prime minister and her plan

There's more respect than support for Mrs May among Tories. Some senior Conservatives say, privately, the answer could be to choose a caretaker prime minister to carry on in some fresh direction.

Meanwhile, rival leadership contenders are quietly getting ready to run - even to the point of promising jobs.
    One senior Tory told me he'd been offered a senior cabinet post by TWO of them in exchange for his support. And you can bet he's not the only one.

There's still a chance the government pulls out of the big vote and, by so doing, buys a bit more time.

Yet more speculation, obviously. The prime minister will be mulling her options and her future this weekend. But those options, and maybe her time in office, could be running out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46486130
  • Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited December 2018
    HAYSIE said:

Let's just sum up this thread with an overview of @Phantom66 ..Here we have ( won't call him a man ) , a person who a) thinks it's acceptable to ask people if they laugh at memes of dead people b) Finds every opportunity to defend an extremist solicitor even when said solicitor advocates muslims not co

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Vote Leave's targeted Brexit ads released by Facebook

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44966969

The summing up must refer to something I have missed, but please don't explain it as I have absolutely no interest in finding out about it.
    Wonder why phantom wants this post deleted :)
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Phantom66 said:

@HAYSIE I don't post on this thread but I have been named in it on Dec 6.

This was done accidentally by @dobiesdraw and they appear to have deleted the paragraph since then.

Before it was edited however, you quoted their post which repeats my tag and a comment dobiesdraw made about me on another thread.

If possible could you please delete the paragraph in your quotes of dobiesdraw that tag me and talk about matters totally out of context with this thread?

These posts are in p.68 towards the bottom and at the top of p.69.

:D
    Done. but reposted above.
  • Options
    undefined
    Done.
  • Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    HAYSIE said:

Phantom66 said:

This was done accidentally by @dobiesdraw and they appear to have deleted the paragraph since then.

Before it was edited however, you quoted their post which repeats my tag and a comment dobiesdraw made about me on another thread.

If possible could you please delete the paragraph in your quotes of dobiesdraw that tag me and talk about matters totally out of context with this thread?

Dont worry i am sure these reposts will be taken down :)
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

Phantom66 said:

Dont worry i am sure these reposts will be taken down :)
    I have no interest whatsoever, and am certainly not worried.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,115
    Who's gonna give me odds on this thread going the same way as the 'Tommy Robinson' aka 'TOMMY' 'SYL' thread...
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Who's gonna give me odds on this thread going the same way as the 'Tommy Robinson' aka 'TOMMY' 'SYL' thread...

It wont.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    lucy4 said:

Unfortunately there will always be people on forums who want to shut down people of an opposing view and in the process close down democratic debate . Thankfully that hasn't reached this thread so far .
  • Options
    Very interesting to note that there's been no posts on here since 'Strictly' started. Perhaps we've found a way to stop all the arguments...
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Very interesting to note that there's been no posts on here since 'Strictly' started. Perhaps we've found a way to stop all the arguments...

I would like to think it was more down to common sense prevailing.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Brexit news: 'My marriage is over because I voted to leave the EU', says NHS doctor

A gynaecologist has told how his marriage has been left in tatters because he voted for Brexit.
    The NHS consultant said his marriage was destroyed because he voted to Leave the EU, while his wife, a German doctor, backed Remain.
    Speaking to staunch Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg and Remain-backing former spin doctor Alistair Campbell who were visiting Lewisham with Channel 4 this week, the man described how he “naively” voted to Leave because he thought it would lead to more money for the NHS.

He went on: “I very naively voted to leave and my wife casually asked me one evening what my voting decision was and I put it into a very succinct situation, I told her what I did and it was like lighting the blue touch paper and standing back.”
    “I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone who felt so devastatingly betrayed, upset, let down. And we’ve got two daughters, 15 and 18. As far as I’m concerned that was the end of a very successful marriage.”

The doctor said: “I regret it [my vote] so much, it breaks my heart talking about it.”

After the encounter, Mr Campbell said: "One of those memorable moments in life. In a cafe with Jacob Rees-Mogg an NHS consultant comes over, tells us the story of how his German wife, a doctor, left him because he voted Leave (which he did beacuse he thought it would mean more money for the NHS.) Heartendingly sad."
    The doctor backed the idea of another referendum and said: “At the end of the day, I think the British people should have another shot at this.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/brexit-news-my-marriage-is-over-because-i-voted-to-leave-the-eu-says-nhs-doctor/ar-BBQF4Tm?ocid=spartandhp
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Brexit news: 'My marriage is over because I voted to leave the EU', says NHS doctor

A gynaecologist has told how his marriage has been left in tatters because he voted for Brexit.
    The NHS consultant said his marriage was destroyed because he voted to Leave the EU, while his wife, a German doctor, backed Remain.
    Speaking to staunch Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg and Remain-backing former spin doctor Alistair Campbell who were visiting Lewisham with Channel 4 this week, the man described how he “naively” voted to Leave because he thought it would lead to more money for the NHS.

He went on: “I very naively voted to leave and my wife casually asked me one evening what my voting decision was and I put it into a very succinct situation, I told her what I did and it was like lighting the blue touch paper and standing back.”
    “I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone who felt so devastatingly betrayed, upset, let down. And we’ve got two daughters, 15 and 18. As far as I’m concerned that was the end of a very successful marriage.”

The doctor said: “I regret it [my vote] so much, it breaks my heart talking about it.”

After the encounter, Mr Campbell said: "One of those memorable moments in life. In a cafe with Jacob Rees-Mogg an NHS consultant comes over, tells us the story of how his German wife, a doctor, left him because he voted Leave (which he did beacuse he thought it would mean more money for the NHS.) Heartendingly sad."
    The doctor backed the idea of another referendum and said: “At the end of the day, I think the British people should have another shot at this.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/brexit-news-my-marriage-is-over-because-i-voted-to-leave-the-eu-says-nhs-doctor/ar-BBQF4Tm?ocid=spartandhp

I don't often comment on this thread and I can see both sides of the argument. But I've just read this and it seems like an unfinished comedy script from a 1970's sitcom. A Gynaecologist,a German doctor & a couple of teenage daughters,chuck in a Torquay hotelier and three old aged Yorkshire men going down a hill in a bath tub and I think you'll have a hit series.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

I don't often comment on this thread and I can see both sides of the argument. But I've just read this and it seems like an unfinished comedy script from a 1970's sitcom. A Gynaecologist,a German doctor & a couple of teenage daughters,chuck in a Torquay hotelier and three old aged Yorkshire men going down a hill in a bath tub and I think you'll have a hit series.
    Couldn't argue with that.
    Sad to have to say that you are divorced because you believed a bus though.
  • Options
    UK PM May expected to delay Brexit vote, demand better deal -S.Times

LONDON, Dec (Shanghai: 600875.SS - news) 8 (Reuters) - Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May is expected to delay Tuesday's key parliamentary vote on her Brexit deal and head to Brussels next week to demand better terms from the European Union, the Sunday Times newspaper reported.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/uk-pm-may-expected-delay-224303316.html
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Thanks @HAYSIE

@rainman215 why did you repost them again? Not funny and not clever.

The only reason I want those posts taken down from this thread is that they are totally out of context, posted here by accident, and completely irrelevant.

I am more than happy for them to stay in the thread where they were first made.

There my comment can be seen in full context alongside your mock outrage and dobiesdraw's many reposts of my question.

People can all see for themselves your subsequent refusal to condemn the idiots that burned an effigy of Grenfell tower and made jokes about people burning in burkhas.

It seems you were both outraged by me asking if you thought like them, yet you would not condemn them.

• Options
    Theresa May losing grip as Conservative Party is rocked by Brexit resignations

T
    wo members of the Government are resigning and a Cabinet minster is mulling whether to quit over Brexit this weekend as Theresa May’s administration appears to be disintegrating ahead of the most important vote of a generation.
    Government whips have given Conservative MPs until lunchtime on Sunday to set out how they will vote on Mrs May’s Brexit deal, in a desperate bid to judge the scale of a rebellion that threatens to bring down her government.
    Writing in The Telegraph, Will Quince MP, a member of the Defence Secretary’s ministerial team, announces he is quitting his government role, saying he wants to “implore the Prime Minister to go back to the European Union and find another way”.
    A...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/12/08/theresa-may-losing-grip-conservative-party-rocked-brexit-resignations/