You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fat Club 2019

Comments

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,315
    f ags
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943

I am in, will be posting photo on Friday.
    Gonna be about 14'2 and aim is to get down to 13' by end of April.
    Love the idea and think if we all keep the thread going it will be a great motivation.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,039

We have 9 now; (8 plumpers & 1 puffer) which is a decent start, but room for plenty more;

@Essexphil

@rspca12

@LARSON7

@madprof

@MrWh1te

@Sky_SamT

@Tikay10

@MAXALLY

@68Trebor
  • Options

Don't forget, tomorrow (Friday) is start day, so please post your weight/smokes per day, targets & methods some time tomorrow, then we are off & running.
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    I could join but I'd be better off posting a toilet of sickness that weight on scales.
    The reason because I've ate far too much chocolate over christmas.
    I need to get back into self cooking, I've had too many ready meals+chocolate not enough fruit or veg.
    I'm 181lb

My aim is to have more fruit a day, no chocolate unless I've have a really good poker game that day
  • Options
    IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    Will give this another go if that’s ok. Started well last year but fell off the wagon before the summer. Passed 100kgs last Halloween, actually lost a bit over Xmas so now just back under, dream would be to get to 14st by end of the year, realistically if I’m under 15st and can reduce acid reflux from being too fat I will be happy!
  • Options
    Ok Tikay let's get the fatball rolling

Starting weight 14st 8lb...original entry of 14st 12 was not as accurate( can't remember probably some clothes..) but no booze and healthier foods have certainly helped so far....normally consumes at least a couple of beers and half a bottle of Malbec each night...( @misty4me...that's nice wine)

Surprised Jezza Misty4me hasn't signed up...(ahem)

Good luck guys
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,279
    Someone needs to kick this off.

It's a bit like the worst singer going first at a karaoke-then everyone else can join in, knowing that they might be bad, but never THAT bad. Same works for the fattest guy at Fat Club :)

Last year I went from 20 stone, 2 pounds to 18 stone 10. Or from 8 foot 2 to 7 foot 9, if you prefer.

This year-starting weight is....18 stone 12. Expected it to be more, but got a stinking cold at the mo.

Target? Let's start with under 18-5 at the next SPT, and under 18-0 before the end.

Good luck all.

Phil
  • Options
    Hey @Essexphil

..should have said my target is 13stone from 14st 8lb-using today's weight as my starting ..I'm trying to lose 11% of my current body mass!

So target is 14st by February SPT- just knocking the booze out should do that! Then after the SPT will be back to 14st 8!
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Think we'll do the same as last year & have each Friday as "Report Day".

Ideally, our weekly reports should include weight loss in the week, & overall, as well as progress in cutting down on the smokes, & exercising more regularly.

If trying to lose weight, the Weekly Report on Friday should, if possible, include photos like this;

Photos not mandatory though. Nobody is going to cheat, & if they do, they are fools.

Just a thought @Tikay10 ?? How much do those socks weigh?? ( cheat, cheat, cheat...)
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,544

The cutting down on smokes club

Current (approx) regime/habit

Morning - 5 or 6
    Afternoon - 5 or 6
    Evening - 10 or 13

= 20/25 per day
    = 140/175 per week

Intial targets

To decrease amounts in every part of the day.
    To get weekly total under 100 ASAP.
    To use a vapour more in the evenings.

Long term/end targets

To get back to zero in at least the mornings (done before, but over 3 years ago).
    To get weekly total to under 50.

Notes - Any reasonable advice/help/guidance will be gratefully received.
    I will total up each week daily usage.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,279
    MAXALLY said:

The cutting down on smokes club

Current (approx) regime/habit

Morning - 5 or 6
    Afternoon - 5 or 6
    Evening - 10 or 13

= 20/25 per day
    = 140/175 per week

Intial targets

To decrease amounts in every part of the day.
    To get weekly total under 100 ASAP.
    To use a vapour more in the evenings.

Long term/end targets

To get back to zero in at least the mornings (done before, but over 3 years ago).
    To get weekly total to under 50.

Notes - Any reasonable advice/help/guidance will be gratefully received.
    I will total up each week daily usage.

I smoked between 20 and 40 a day for 25 years. I tried to give up in lots of different ways, mostly with little or no success.

I haven't smoked since December 31, 2006. What worked for me was deciding that, while I enjoyed smoking, I wanted to enjoy NOT smoking even more. Strangely, for me, that worked instantly. 8 months later my Mum died suddenly-I decided that if I could get through her funeral etc without a cig then it would be disrespectful ever to smoke again (particularly cos my Mum spent most of her life trying to give up).

Everyone is different-you need to find what works for you. The only thing I would say is that if your end goal is not to be an ex-addict, then I hope your success differs from my similar attempts...

Good luck
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Weigh-In & Weekly Report, 4th January

Starting weight 14st 5.25lbs.

First Target - 13st 7lbs by Manchester SPT

Main Target - 12st by end of May

Method;

Reduce calorie intake.

Burn more calories by thrice daily 2 mile walks.

Off we go. Ugh.

• Options
    IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    Here we go again
    Start weight 15st 9lbs
    Target 14st
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491

14:8 here 4/1/19

All the best everyone for the challenge and the fight for healthiness :)
  • Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    Weighed myself on the fancy scales that my wife bought. I have an app on my phone that syncs up to the scales so I get a report of not only weight but Body Fat. I did this on Friday but only just worked out how to upload an image.

Since becoming a Dad at the end of 2017 I have found less time for exercise and more time for eating and drinking.

Goals are to get down to 13 Stone by the end of the year. Would also like to drop my body fat % if possible down to 16% but I imagine that I am being a tad unrealistic. Worst case scenario I would like to look like @Donttelmum.

Aim is to get to the gym more, eat less food and drink slightly less. In before the trolls come on and tell me I don't drink much anyway.

Short term goal to drop 6lbs before SPT Manchester. Where's that gym membership....
  • Options
    A_r_KA_r_K Member Posts: 15
    For anyone needing motivation i came across this on Youtube last week. Guy lost 14 stone in a year.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=iz9nsEjSS1o
  • Options

Rather worryingly, I saw this in the Telegraph;

"Overweight people have smaller brains, study suggests

People who carry too much weight around their middle have smaller brains, scientists have found for the first time.

Researchers from Loughborough University and University College London discovered that people with a high body mass index (BMI) and high waist-to-hip ratio had brains that were 12 cubic cms smaller than people of a healthy weight."

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/familyhealth/overweight-people-have-smaller-brains-study-suggests/ar-BBS21z4?ocid=ientp

• Options

REMINDER

Tomorrow (Friday) is Weekly Report Day.

@Essexphil

@LARSON7

@rspca12

@madprof

@MrWh1te

@Sky_SamT

@MAXALLY

@68Trebor

@IH8UButler

If anyone else wishes to join, you are more than welcome.

• Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    edited January 2019
    Weekly update

I have managed to lose 1 whole pound. What an effort.

It isn't all bad as allegedly my body fat % has reduced by 1.1% as well, but for all I know the scales are just guessing at that.

If I am honest I didn't really do much to encourage weight loss. I ate the usual stuff including the remaining tubs of quality street and aside from getting a call to fill in for my friends 6 a side team on Monday night I didn't manage any exercise.

By the way not playing football for 6 months has taken me from a distinctly average footballer to an utterly hopeless one. I felt like I didn't know what I was doing a lot of the time.

Not drunk any alcohol since NYE so it isn't all bad, though I may be tempted to have a beer or two tonight whilst watching the football. I have spin class at midday today so hopefully earn a couple and not do too much damage.

Must try harder this week. Hopefully shed a little more than 1lb.