You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Taking our Jobs.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,547
edited February 2019 in The Rail
Somewhere a village is missing its idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8PShZZTRwY

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    The stupid British keep lying to themselves about immigrants (this is Ross Kemps headline, not mine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVGEyye3i7o
  • Options
    Britain's anti-immigration heartland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap4tRj65edI
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320

"Foreigners coming over & taking our jobs & they are not even working".

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Brilliant, that's how to get a Brexit vote
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

The second one is good although its lasts an hour.
    It is a Newsnight experiment.
    They take 12 people that have been claiming that they our taking our jobs, and give them a trial to see how they do.
    Four of them are given jobs in an Indian restaurant.
    On day one three of them fail to turn up.
    The one that turns up is in his twenties, but cant knot a tie.
    Overall it doesn't go that well.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2019
    A couple of things from the immigration heartland video : a) The market trader said that the infrastructure couldn't cope with the levels of immigration ...sounds like a fair comment to me .
    b) The farmer said , without the immigrant workforce the business couldn't operate because a lot of the young people weren't interested in doing the work . .....leads me on to a couple of points ...How did they operate as a business before the influx of immigration ? And if young unemployed people aren't prepared to do the work , they should be forced to or get no unemployment benefit.
    c) These migrant workers are no doubt in a lot of cases being exploited by these work gangs , they often are forced into living in sub standard accomodation ( seen an example of this first hand ) , work excessively long hours and have money taken out of their meagre wage packets for a range of " extras" .
    Are we really happy to accept workforces being exploited ?

d) Who can seriously argue against controlled immigration ?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320
    Type your comment
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

They take 12 people that have been claiming that they our taking our jobs, and give them a trial to see how they do.
    I tried to watch the 2nd one, but it was too much for me. I simply can't get my head round the irrational dislike of those from other countries, & I never will.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

I tried to watch the 2nd one, but it was too much for me. I simply can't get my head round the irrational dislike of those from other countries, & I never will.

I get embarrassed over it.
    The immigrants picking the asparagus had a completely different work ethic.
  • Options

A couple of things from the immigration heartland video : a) The market trader said that the infrastructure couldn't cope with the levels of immigration ...sounds like a fair comment to me .
    b) The farmer said , without the immigrant workforce the business couldn't operate because a lot of the young people weren't interested in doing the work . .....leads me on to a couple of points ...How did they operate as a business before the influx of immigration ? And if young unemployed people aren't prepared to do the work , they should be forced to or get no unemployment benefit.
    c) These migrant workers are no doubt in a lot of cases being exploited by these work gangs , they often are forced into living in sub standard accomodation ( seen an example of this first hand ) , work excessively long hours and have money taken out of their meagre wage packets for a range of " extras" .
    Are we really happy to accept workforces being exploited ?

d) Who can seriously argue against controlled immigration ?

So are you saying that you should believe that everything that the market trader says must be true.

Whereas the reporter pointed out that the facts don't back up his claim.

I think that if you watched the second video which was done in 2010, it would give you a better idea.

If the farmer had to accept the only workers he could get, he would have to make do with them. When given a choice, he will choose those workers that are best for his business.

EU migrants make a valuable contribution to our country.

There has been talk of making people work for their benefits for years, but never happens.

People who are claiming benefits should have some responsibility.

On the second video, the youngster picking the asparagus was incapable, or just didn't care about doing the job properly.

In the Indian restaurant 3 out of 4 didn't even turn up. The one that did, couldn't knot a tie, didn't last very long, and resigned. Yet the Indian fella treated him much better than I would have.

Only 2 out of 3 turned up at the potato factory.

Yet they all moaned about the immigrants taking their jobs.

Although one aspect was at the end of the trial, I think that at least some of them had changed their minds about the immigrants.

If they are being exploited then it is up to our Government to put a stop to it.

There were controls available on Freedom of Movement, and we didn't use them.

However illegal immigration is a completely different problem, which requires different solutions.

The England Whose England tapes go back to the 1970s, and are not to different.

England- Whose England? (Part 1 of 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8M6FEu4_HY

England Whose England Part 2 of 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Sst54gQq8
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Well on the topic of infrastructure and immigration ...here is quite a lengthy detailed article :
    https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/key-topics/public-services-infrastructure
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

What is quite interesting is that the second video goes back to 2010, well before the referendum.
    While England Whose England goes back to the early 70s, and the views which were once directed at black people, are now directed at EU migrants as well.
  • Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

I get embarrassed over it.
    The immigrants picking the asparagus had a completely different work ethic.
    So you are happy that they are exploited ?
  • Options

Well on the topic of infrastructure and immigration ...here is quite a lengthy detailed article :

Are you really expecting to get a balanced view from Migration Watch?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Are you really expecting a balanced view from main stream media ?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Well if you think you are knowledgeable enough on the subject , read the article in depth and feel free to pull it apart ..( won't hold my breath ) ....Like I said , how anyone can argue against controlled immigration baffles me .
  • Options

EU immigration has no negative impact on British wages, jobs or public services, LSE research finds
    “The bottom line, which may surprise many people, is that EU immigration has not harmed the pay, jobs or public services enjoyed by Britons"

EU immigration to the UK has not harmed British peoples’ access to jobs, public services or incomes, a major study has concluded.
    The report, by the London School of Economics, has dispelled a number of ‘myths’ or misconceptions about the impact of immigration on the UK. It has been published as part of a series of research publications to be released between now and the EU referendum on 23 June.

Key findings have included that wage variations for British workers have little correlation to immigration rates and are instead primarily linked to overriding economic factors such as the global economic crisis. The report’s authors also state that rather than being a burden on resources, immigrants pay more in taxes than they use in public services and play a vital role in reducing the budget deficit.

Report author Jonathan Wadsworth said: “The bottom line, which may surprise many people, is that EU immigration has not harmed the pay, jobs or public services enjoyed by Britons. EU immigrants pay more in taxes than they use in public services and therefore they help to reduce the budget deficit.

“So, far from being a necessary evil that we pay to get access to the greater trade and foreign investment generated by the EU single market, immigration is at worse neutral and at best, another economic benefit.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/eu-immigration-has-no-negative-impact-on-british-wages-jobs-or-public-services-research-finds-a7026796.html
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

Well if you think you are knowledgeable enough on the subject , read the article in depth and feel free to pull it apart ..( won't hold my breath ) ....Like I said , how anyone can argue against controlled immigration baffles me .
    • Since 2004, European Union law has allowed governments to control movements of EU citizens as follows: allow EU citizens to freely circulate only for three months and then require them (should they want to stay longer) to show they are working (employed or self-employed), a registered student or have sufficient resources (pension, savings) to support themselves and comprehensive sickness insurance eg a valid European health insurance card enabling the NHS to claim back the cost of treatment or have private health insurance. The UK is one of the few governments that has not implemented this.
    For six years, Theresa May was in charge of the Home Office responsible for immigration, yet did nothing to adopt these conditions. One wonders why not and why immigration was allowed to dominate the referendum and is still being paraded as a big problem. Yet another failure of our own government and the Home Office under Theresa May is being blamed on the EU. The remedy was always in the UK’s hands.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/08/eu-rules-already-offer-a-solution-on-freedom-of-movement
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

• Since 2004, European Union law has allowed governments to control movements of EU citizens as follows: allow EU citizens to freely circulate only for three months and then require them (should they want to stay longer) to show they are working (employed or self-employed), a registered student or have sufficient resources (pension, savings) to support themselves and comprehensive sickness insurance eg a valid European health insurance card enabling the NHS to claim back the cost of treatment or have private health insurance. The UK is one of the few governments that has not implemented this.
    For six years, Theresa May was in charge of the Home Office responsible for immigration, yet did nothing to adopt these conditions. One wonders why not and why immigration was allowed to dominate the referendum and is still being paraded as a big problem. Yet another failure of our own government and the Home Office under Theresa May is being blamed on the EU. The remedy was always in the UK’s hands.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/08/eu-rules-already-offer-a-solution-on-freedom-of-movement
    Fake news.
  • Options
    So the view of some people on this thread, is you admire the work ethic of migrant workers, who are being exploited, and made to work in terrible conditions for poor wages.