You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

"According to Sky’s win loss summary i’m up £6741 for the year
    I’ve made just over £1.2k from rewards and promotions as well"

That's a serious bit of side income Paul, very well done.

Thanks you very much

Not your favourite time of year i know, but are you doing anything over the next couple of days?
    Trip to Stoke?
    Hi Paul,

Thanks mate.

I'm a little unwell at present - just 'flu, but I've had it for a month now, & it's been unpleasant to say the least. As luck would have it, Gill is not coming down over Xmas, spending time with her Dad in Derby instead, so I can spend Xmas on my own, which the way I feel with this 'flu, & general Xmas feelings, suits me fine.

She always spends Xmas Day with her Dad (he's getting on), then comes down to me on Boxing Day. This year though she has to work (thanks, Bet365), so she is coming down middle of next week & staying for a week, & we'll have our Xmas then.

Oddly, all that suits me fine. I like being alone at Xmas, as I don't celebrate it in any way, shape or form. Don't buy pressies or send cards, nothing. I'm not religious, so Xmas is meaningless to me really. I do enjoy the Sport on the telly though, Cricket, Horse Racing & Football. I CBA with the darts, it's all so puerile.

Thank you for asking, its appreciated.

Will you be spending much time with Harry? He's just about THE perfect age for Xmas.

Have a smashing Xmas Paul, I know it's been an up & down year for you, but we have to look forward, don't we?

Hi Tony

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re not feeling so well. Get well soon!!!!

If you’re bored for 20 minutes or so tomorrow than any tales you may have from the ‘olden days’ would be much appreciated. I think you’re responsible for the majority of the view count on here with the wonderful stories you’ve shared

I could have had Harry tonight as it’s my turn . But after the last couple of months she’s had i didn’t think it would be fair on her. I know how much she adores waking up with Harry on Christmas Day.
    So, i’m having him from 10 tomorrow and he’ll spend the day with me before going back to his Mums for Boxing Day.
    edited December 2019
    Good afternoon
    I hope you all enjoyed Christmas

I had a decent time
    Harry liked his presents and had fun

Did what most people do i guess and split our time between parents and family

My Mum excelled as usual
    She called Melissa “Penny” twice in the first 5 minutes and then really achieved a little later when she called her “Jenny” I went out with Jenny just over 20 years ago :)

I’m going to play poker tonight
    I haven’t looked at the UKOPs schedule yet but i may have a go at some of the smaller buy ins

Gl everyone playing
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,310
    Jac35 said:

Good afternoon
    I hope you all enjoyed Christmas

I had a decent time
    Harry liked his presents and had fun

Did what most people do i guess and split our time between parents and family

My Mum excelled as usual
    She called Melissa “Penny” twice in the first 5 minutes and then really achieved a little later when she called her “Jenny” I went out with Jenny just over 20 years ago
    :)

I’m going to play poker tonight
    I haven’t looked at the UKOPs schedule yet but i may have a go at some of the smaller buy ins

Gl everyone playing

"Awkward", as they say.

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,822
    That's hilarious, " ..and who's Jenny and is there anyone else you want to tell me about?"
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    Hats off to you on planning past escapades with partners ending in ‘enny.
    I guess you swerved many an awkward moment in the throes of passion 😉
    So glad i played tonight

Lost 98.6% of all ins so far tonight
    Lost a bunch of cash so far

10s v 10s just now was fun. I didn’t expect to win the hand but a chop would have been ok

Just deposited £200

Update in a couple of hours when i’ll either have done the lot or will have moaned in a win somewhere
    Hopefully the latter :)
    edited December 2019
    Hmm

Not sure it will end up being too positive

Flopped straights are normally good in the blinds yeah? :)

Tossy game

Made it to last 10 in £11bh and won a few £22 Dyms
    Mtt
    I’ve just seen jack high call on river
    All manner of hands getting into big pots
    So with 12 bigs on the button and AJ I was ok
    with the bb calling
    Until I saw he had Aces 😊

Slight recovery I spose

Lost just £65 in the end

Bah

• dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    edited December 2019
    I could have had Harry tonight as it’s my turn . But after the last couple of months she’s had i didn’t think it would be fair on her. I know how much she adores waking up with Harry on Christmas Day.
    So, i’m having him from 10 tomorrow and he’ll spend the day with me before going back to his Mums for Boxing Day.

This made me happy.
    So many times now, we hear of divorced couples who use their children as pawns in their petty squabbles. Trying to outdo each and treating the other parent as unimportant.

I'm sure you would have loved to see Harry first thing.
    To understand what Penny has been through and let her spend that time with Harry first thing on Christmas morning is great.
    It shows what good parenting is about when you can do what is best for all.

I'm sure Harry will grow up happier with two caring sensible parents.

Possibly your best play of the year.

Enough of this soppinesss now.
    Go and start moaning it in as usual, you grump.

Happy new year.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,066

This made me happy.
    So many times now, we hear of divorced couples who use their children as pawns in their petty squabbles. Trying to outdo each and treating the other parent as unimportant.

To understand what Penny has been through and let her spend that time with Harry first thing on Christmas morning is great.

Happy new year.

Did you not read his last 2 posts?? ;)

Couldn't agree more though.
    edited December 2019

This made me happy.

Happy new year.

That’s very nice of you.
    It’s not always plain sailing but we both ensure that Harry always comes first.

Looking for slightly delayed moaning it in tonight.
    Got Harry overnight so it may be a late start. But then I plan on crushing and making lots of money.
    Apart from getting a stinking cold today, preparation has been good.

I’ve thrashed him at Kerplunk.
    I won nerf gun shooting.
    My track was way better than his at Magic Tracks.

edited December 2019
    Edit

Didn’t win tonight

😊
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,066
    Jac35 said:

Edit

Didn’t win tonight

😊

To win at Poker after a winning day of Kerplunk and Nerf was always a tall order. I'm not even sure if it's been done.
    edited December 2019
    A good day all in all

Man flu has eased slightly. Soldering on.

Harry has behaved for once.
    He lost iPad and iPhone privileges for today with his behaviour yesterday but he’s won them back today

Mighty Rams were mighty
    Promotion is pretty much inevitable now.
    Rooney may get in the starting eleven on Thursday

Have again realised that I am tossy at mtts and recently my results were just flukes.
    So only lost £20 at them tonight

Dyms where I can fold my way to the money went well and I made £70ish at them after the football. Nice to have a winning last day of the year

Came 6th in sharkscope leaderboard for profit. Really really wanted a gold star. Given my volume was way below nearly everyone on the leaderboard I guess I should be happy though

No work tomorrow and then spending New Years Eve with Melissa

Happy New Year forum people
    It’s a New Year and so i’ll be changing this a little and not talking about the usual stuff

So where do we start

Oh yeah
    Crown came out yesterday and so i’m at the dentists for an emergency appointment this morning
    It’s one of my front teeth and so i look marginally more weird than normal. I’m attempting that annoying football thing of putting my hand over my mouth when i speak. This makes me look totally normal and not at all weird

Got an itch to play golf
    Haven’t played in a very long time

Met a lot of Melissas extended family for the first time on New Year’s eve
    They did a quiz
    I absolutely triumphed on questions on the Spice Girls and other 90s pop

Obviously this made a great impression and they know i’m a man to be respected straightaway

Rooney first game tonight
    As we’re flying at the moment he may well just get 5 minutes when we’re 4 up.

May briefly play a couple of mtts tonight after that and then move on to dyms
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,310
    Jac35 said:

It’s a New Year and so i’ll be changing this a little and not talking about the usual stuff

So where do we start

Oh yeah
    Crown came out yesterday and so i’m at the dentists for an emergency appointment this morning
    It’s one of my front teeth and so i look marginally more weird than normal. I’m attempting that annoying football thing of putting my hand over my mouth when i speak. This makes me look totally normal and not at all weird

Got an itch to play golf
    Haven’t played in a very long time

Met a lot of Melissas extended family for the first time on New Year’s eve
    They did a quiz
    I absolutely triumphed on questions on the Spice Girls and other 90s pop

Obviously this made a great impression and they know i’m a man to be respected straightaway

Rooney first game tonight
    As we’re flying at the moment
    he may well just get 5 minutes when we’re 4 up.

May briefly play a couple of mtts tonight after that and then move on to dyms

1 win in 8 games is flying?...

PS - Hope Rooney does not disappoint, but I fear all the hype is going to be hard to live up to.

PPS - HNY to you & yours.
    First go back at the tables this year last night

It could have started better
    Lost my first 4 £22 Dyms, bust the main quickly and the £22bh

I recovered reasonably well
    I won a few Dyms.
    Then i came 3rd in the £3 rebuy and 2nd in the mini for £471 up
    on the night

No poker tonight but i may have a go tomorrow
  • Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Jac35 said:

I won a few Dyms.
    on the night

Very nice! Out of interest/nosiness do you use a roll/brm per se or deposit/withdraw as needed?

Jac35 said:

I won a few Dyms.
    on the night

Very nice! Out of interest/nosiness do you use a roll/brm per se or deposit/withdraw as needed?
    Good question
    Bad answer coming up 😊

Nope
    Zero brm or roll

I’m not as bad as i used to be but yesterday was a good example of how haphazard i am

At the start of the day i had £250 in my account
    I was a bit narked at paying £80 to get me crown back in me gob. So i withdrew £80
    After an hour of playing i had to deposit £130

At the end of the session I had £770 in my account

This morning i withdrew £570 and paid for a little break away with Harry in the summer.

I like using poker money to pay for life stuff. It makes the Friday nights sat at home in front of a computer worth it for me.

I totally understand that it’s a wild approach
    To possibly preempt another question

I have no desire to be comfortably rolled for higher games. I don’t really have any aspirations to play them
    Simply, i know i’m not good enough so i’m happy where i am winning a bit here and there.

I try and keep roughly £200 in my account and with the low variance that’s generally enough for Dyms at £22 and below and a few mtts every so often
    Every week or so i’ll withdraw a bit and use it for whatever

Each to their own but i remember being puzzled by Lambert
    I’m pretty sure he said that he’d deposited and never ever withdrawn or deposited again
    It just seemed pretty pointless to me

Enjoy the cash 😊
  • Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Fair enough, it depends what each person wants out of poker I guess, so that approach seems to be the best for you! Having a side income exclusively for nice things is certainly no bad thing.

I've never understood keeping huge amounts online either, especially when sites have gone down in the past, and there are things like interest rates/inflation to consider.
    2nd go at poker this year

Did ok
    Lost a bit at mtts but did okayish at Dyms
    £38 up on the night
    I’d take that very happily every night

Cup draw will probably see both teams fancying their chances @splashies

Going to Pisa for a few days
    Anyone been?