You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mini UKOPS Charity Side Bet - Teams, Results and Banter

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Phantom66 said:

Full time lurker and occasional poster on this thread, VWP everyone involved.

As a thank you for the entertainment I will donate £10 to each of the winners charities.

That's very generous, thanks @Phantom66
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Another great write up @NOSTRI, and thanks @cpfc_2010 for making it a sweaty last night - wouldv've slightly fizzled out if it weren't for your deep runs

Thanks all for a great series, most fun 2 weeks of online poker I think I've ever had. Whenever the big cheeses from Stars come knocking you should show them this thread!

• Options
    With the extra, and very generous, donations being made we are looking at £200+ for each charity, which is great and what it was all about at the end of the day.
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    @Allan23's will get a tenner from me too. Only fair.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Phantom66 said:

Full time lurker and occasional poster on this thread, VWP everyone involved.

As a thank you for the entertainment I will donate £10 to each of the winners charities.

Well done...now all you need to do is ‘donate’ to me your games in the quickfeet heads up comp and jobs a good ‘un! 💩
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    NOSTRI said:

@Allan23's will get a tenner from me too. Only fair.

Ditto
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    A marathon, not a sprint. This was me last night in my final 2 tournaments

I'm actually going to play again tonight since I like Mondays, but likely out of the MTT lobbies for a few days after that "if you see me anywhere near an MTT lobby"..

Congrats to the winners, and thanks for the extra stats! Glad to see these charities benefiting and we all had a bit of fun along the way. Great thread. Thanks all.
  • Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    Fantastic, thread from start to finish,thanks ever so much for all the hard work involved.

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
  • Options
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    @NOSTRI Not sure if you can easily work it out but how many events were profitable as a combined group?
  • Options
    Shelley7Shelley7 Member Posts: 128
    Congrats to all, was a cracking competition. We should maybe create some kind of monthly leaderboard thing, it was a good way for people to connect and got people playing.

Charity payment below.

Thanks to all who ran this event and for the updates.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

@NOSTRI Not sure if you can easily work it out but how many events were profitable as a combined group?

I'm sure he can tell you at a cost of £10 per charity :)
  • Options
    bigfatfishbigfatfish Member Posts: 39
  • Options
    Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193
    Urgh sooo close in the main, if only. Thanks nostri and Ryan for sorting all of this, amazing job and well done to the winners. I will donate in one go when Allan chooses his charity. See you all at the tables (after a bit of a break).
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,347
    NOSTRI said:

So The Grand Wizards won the charity leaderboards, meaning you all need to donate £10 to each of our chosen charities.

@Allan23 has chosen MS Society Scotland. Here's what he had to say about that:

My mate works for them and he was telling me the other day the challenges (like lots of charities are facing) due to Covid - fewer donations, support networks breaking down, reduced treatment and psychological health help. He's talked to me a lot about the work he and they do and know donations there will really help and be appreciated.
    DONATE HERE

I would like my half of the donations to go to @QUICKFEET's fundraiser for The Movement Centre. He posted some information about that in this thread.

DONATE HERE

That should be £180 going to each of them, which is brilliant. gg everyone.

Cheers, all done.
  • Options
    For those that haven't donated yet, to save scrolling through for the links, I have updated the OP to include the links for the charities chosen by @Allan23 and @NOSTRI

Thanks again all.
  • Options
    Shelley7 said:

Congrats to all, was a cracking competition. We should maybe create some kind of monthly leaderboard thing, it was a good way for people to connect and got people playing.

Stay tuned on that.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Easy enough. We had 17 profitable events.

• Options
    Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193