You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Markycash diary - It's been a while! Anyone up for Twitch?

Comments

• markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    On an entirely different note...

Out in the garden last night and this chap got rather attached to my trouser leg.

It was probably around 3 inches wide. Has anyone ever seen a moth that size before?

I thought it was a bird or a bat to start with.

• CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    markycash said:

On an entirely different note...

Out in the garden last night and this chap got rather attached to my trouser leg.

It was probably around 3 inches wide. Has anyone ever seen a moth that size before?

I thought it was a bird or a bat to start with.

Some wingspan!
  • LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    GREGSTER said:

Good to see you @markycash at the tables tonight and hopefully you appreciated the couple of buy-ins I donated your way. Bit concerned to see you at the spin up tables though so worried you might of had some sort of bang on the head whilst being taken in to the ambulance as the spin up are specially designed for degenerates or so @LmfaoAllin tells me :)

@markycash 's 'special' style of poker will fit in just right on the su tables.

Vbol with all your current endeavours, Mark. Can't be easy, so many changes all at once. We are nothing if adaptable though and I'm sure you will get there on all counts.

GREGSTER said:

Good to see you @markycash at the tables tonight and hopefully you appreciated the couple of buy-ins I donated your way. Bit concerned to see you at the spin up tables though so worried you might of had some sort of bang on the head whilst being taken in to the ambulance as the spin up are specially designed for degenerates or so @LmfaoAllin tells me :)

@markycash 's 'special' style of poker will fit in just right on the su tables.

Vbol with all your current endeavours, Mark. Can't be easy, so many changes all at once. We are nothing if adaptable though and I'm sure you will get there on all counts.
    Cheers mate! Hope things are well with you!
    I might have played a touch erratic last night...

Overdid it a bit yesterday. Was the most i have walked since all of this, just over 2 miles yesterday but resulted in me feeling a bit **** last night so went into 'crazy mode' and bust my tables so I could chill out.

Watched 'Training Day' with Denzel Washington, was decent and had a good sleep so feeling a bit better. Might need to chill a bit today.

Stuck to the 5 cigs so on track with the plan to stop a week tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good Sunday!
    Going to have a short break and kick the smoking.

Playing poker is synonymous with smoking for me so I am going to go put my mind on other things and focus on getting off the smokes.

Just thought I would mention it as it might seem a bit odd if I go AWOL after recent events :smile:

Will likely still make the odd post here and hopefully be back at the tables pretty soon too.

• EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,269
    edited July 2020
    markycash said:

Playing poker is synonymous with smoking for me so I am going to go put my mind on other things and focus on getting off the smokes.

Just thought I would mention it as it might seem a bit odd if I go AWOL after recent events :smile:

Will likely still make the odd post here and hopefully be back at the tables pretty soon too.

I feel guilty hitting a straight flush to knock you out of the eliminator freeroll now Mark. Good decision though, get off the cigs (I'm sure you can do it), get the fitness back and then come back when you feel like it. See you soon.
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    I feel guilty about letting you win the heads up on the PL08 B/H on Friday night. If only i knocked you out earlier you could have went for a walk and had a few less smokes. ;)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,809
    markycash said:

Playing poker is synonymous with smoking for me
    so I am going to go put my mind on other things and focus on getting off the smokes.

I had EXACTLY that situation Mark. I returned to poker almost immediately after my heart attack, but I smoke when I play poker & so I had to quit playing online poker completely for a while. I even smoked when I went to an SPT, the two things went together for me.

• Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 763
    Definitely a good decision Mark and you will soon reap the rewards of it. Stay well, get the fitness back and we all look forward to seeing you back on the poker tables very soon!
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    edited September 2020
    Any chance of an update? Hoping the recovery is going well and the weight loss and kicking of that smoking habit is still strong. Thinking of you m8.

@markycash

THREE AND A HALF STONE?

Good grief, what a boss.

Well done mate.

Hi folks!

It's been a while :)

Hope you are all well and raking in some massive pots!

The good - or bad - news depending on your perspective, is that I am still alive and kicking.

After the whole dying of a heart attack then being revived thing last summer I have been readjusting to life. Things were hectic having to teach remotely and also do a level 11 teaching qualification via Stirling Uni.

However, things are a bit more calm now. Teaching is finished till after summer and the teaching qualification is complete - with distinction - :BlowingOwnTrumpetSmileyFace:

I have played poker since the health exploits of last summer and well... I have sucked!

I did win $17,000+ just after the heart attack but then my game was all over the place and I know why. It was a mixture of boredom, impatience, a lack of structure and not being in the best place psychologically.

I feel now is the time to turn over a new leaf so...

I am planning to play more here (and on other sites) and am going to start a Twitch stream. I was wanting to do a Twitch and/or YouTube channel on something and started one on content from the Social Sciences. However, I feel I would be more interested in doing a poker related one so here we are.

Will give a few more updates on random **** if anyone still remembers me and is interested :smile:

Would appreciate a few Twitch followers to get me started. The Twitch username is marky_crash

Jeez, great to hear from you mate, hope you & yours are well.
    Tikay10 said:

Jeez, great to hear from you mate, hope you & yours are well.

Cheers mate! The same to you and yours :smile:

You must be missing the annual pilgrimage to Vegas?
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 763
    Welcome back Mark, good to hear that you've been keeping well. Will look forward to more updates and hopefully bumping into you at the tables at some point.

Please can you post a link to your Twitch channel? I tried searching but couldn't find it (probably my fault).
    edited July 2021
    Asho28 said:

Welcome back Mark, good to hear that you've been keeping well. Will look forward to more updates and hopefully bumping into you at the tables at some point.

Please can you post a link to your Twitch channel? I tried searching but couldn't find it (probably my fault).

Thanks Asho :smile:

Hope you are well!

Hopefully I don't have some settings on it set incorrectly.

I am totally new to the whole streaming thing...

Linky - link

^ Hopefully that works
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,483
    Link works. Now following. Good luck.