You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Supreme Court rules the Government's Rwanda policy is UNLAWFUL

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,202

HAYSIE said:

i have never claimed anything , sound lika paper now , making stuff up to fit your narrative

Yawn.
    Who were you claiming wrote this then?

PaintedOne said:
    gather round gather round the great puppet show is coming to your town follow me take a seat aour magical screens will make you believe all that we please , were the kings of illusion we choose what the truth is , gather round gather round
    again i didn't claim anything what so ever , i know who wrote it , i marched with him during lock down
    Exactly.
    You just posted this, as though they were your words.

PaintedOne said:
    gather round gather round the great puppet show is coming to your town follow me take a seat aour magical screens will make you believe all that we please , were the kings of illusion we choose what the truth is , gather round gather round
  • Options
  • Options
    Christopher Hope RIPS Richard Tice apart in FURIOUS row on migrant crisis: ‘Simplistic nonsense!’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo2NgB9EXS4
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,023
    Stop "frustrating the will of the people".

Says man refusing to call a General Election allowing the will of the people to deliver their verdict...
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 23
    Essexphil said:

Says man refusing to call a General Election allowing the will of the people to deliver their verdict...

I cant understand why we couldnt get an agreement with France, to immediately return them all to France.
    What currently happens is that thousands of people gather in camps in France.
    They then pay people smugglers thousands of pounds for the crossing.
    If we immediately returned every one of them to France, this process would inevitably stop.
    Who would pay a people smuggler if they knew that they would be immediately returned?
    France would gain because there would be no reason for the thousands of people to gather in France.
    Why would they, if this route to the UK wasnt feasible any more?
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

I cant understand why we couldnt get an agreement with France, to immediately return them all to France.
    If we immediately returned every one of them to France, this process would inevitably stop.
    Who would pay a people smuggler if they knew that they would be immediately returned?
    France would gain because there would be no reason for the thousands of people to gather in France.
    Arrgghhh. Run and hide, nail large pieces of crooked wood across all the windows and barricade the doors. I AGREE WITH @HAYSIE.

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more fkd up.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Arrgghhh. Run and hide, nail large pieces of crooked wood across all the windows and barricade the doors. I AGREE WITH @HAYSIE.

Unbelievable.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

It would be a win, win, and save a fortune.
  • Options
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,625
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Good luck with getting an agreement to return the people to France.
    How would it work? Boat patrols picking up those who try to cross, then ‘ferrying ‘ them to France? What’s to stop the French highlighting the fact we are now the smugglers?
    How do we prove that they have come from France?, it wouldn’t be beyond the people in power in the Uk to start taking any ‘ undesirables’ over the channel.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Good luck with getting an agreement to return the people to France.
    How would it work? Boat patrols picking up those who try to cross, then ‘ferrying ‘ them to France? What’s to stop the French highlighting the fact we are now the smugglers?
    How do we prove that they have come from France?, it wouldn’t be beyond the people in power in the Uk to start taking any ‘ undesirables’ over the channel.
    I think that just about all the small boats arrive from France for obvious reasons.
    It is quite easy to prove that small boat arrivals did in fact arrive on small boats.
    Dont forget that doing this would solve a problem for France.
    They clearly dont want these migrant camps.
    Thousands of people gather in them with one priority in mind.
    That is access to the UK.
    If this became impossible, what would be the point in travelling to France?
    Around 30,000 arrived last year in this way, all of whom had to travel to France, and live rough, prior to crossing the Channel.

What currently happens is that migrants arrive on the European coast.
    They then travel through Europe to reach France, with a view to getting to the UK.
    They then pay people smugglers thousands of pounds, to supply a boat.
    If it was guaranteed that they were returned to France on the same day, this process would immediately stop.
    Guaranteed.
    They wouldnt even have to let the boats land in the UK.
    They could take them off the boats mid crossing.
    They could have French representatives on board the customs boats, if they needed verification.

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,279
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

This would work 100% apart from one problem, France.
    France could stop the boat smuggling overnight by simply announcing that they would accept back any migrants who are returned back from UK waters, thus leaving the UK to use the Royal Navy and Marines to actually police our border and intercept every dinghy and return them to France immediately, rather than the current situation where France tows boats into our waters and then they are picked up by RNLI and transported the rest of the way.

France seems to be under the impression that they suffer less of a problem if they simply act as a staging point and let as many migrants cross to the UK as possible, when this simply encourages more people to use France as a staging point, with the vast majority ending up in shanty towns near France's ports. Cut off the destination and you cut off the procession.
  • Options
    Enut said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

France could stop the boat smuggling overnight by simply announcing that they would accept back any migrants who are returned back from UK waters, thus leaving the UK to use the Royal Navy and Marines to actually police our border and intercept every dinghy and return them to France immediately, rather than the current situation where France tows boats into our waters and then they are picked up by RNLI and transported the rest of the way.

France seems to be under the impression that they suffer less of a problem if they simply act as a staging point and let as many migrants cross to the UK as possible, when this simply encourages more people to use France as a staging point, with the vast majority ending up in shanty towns near France's ports. Cut off the destination and you cut off the procession.
    I cant understand why France wouldnt see the benefits to them.

• Options
    Enut said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Cameron denies suggesting Brexit to blame for no asylum returns deal with France

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/cameron-denies-suggesting-brexit-to-blame-for-no-asylum-returns-deal-with-france/ar-AA1nCvO6?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=64027612cd5d4aeff95d89c27c0cec86&ei=26
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    Where should France return the people to?