You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR

Comments

• Options
    devonfish5devonfish5 Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2014
    thanks stretch,yes i do remember  seeing you on my tables
    how are you doing yourself? ok, i hope

see you again,know doubt

cheers buddy!
  • Options
    -Typhoon--Typhoon- Member Posts: 288
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR:
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Hi mate, I have just downloaded spreadsheet, it will be extremely useful so thankyou very much!  Sorry I haven't replied sooner, have only played a handful of games this week. See you on the tables, Nick
    Posted by stretch83
    No problem Nick, glad to be of help

Paul
  • Options
    MISTER_BMISTER_B Member Posts: 59
    edited February 2014
    Well not a good day... here are the stats

Played - 9
    Won - 4
    Lost - 5
    Total for the week - -£20
    Poker Points - 670

Maybe I'll have a better week next week. Hope it doesn't continue, I really don't want to have to move down a level.

In total I've played 80 games this week, won 42 and lost 38, this isn't very good, it's about a 52% win rate, need to improve. BUT once again, out on the bubble in quite a lot of games.

Never mind, there's always tomorrow.

Also, does a guy called wrongjohn1 ever post here, he plays tons of tables whenever I log on, he must get some serious table time in, also his scope looks pretty good...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm hoping this thread isn't dying! Sounds about right though, as soon as I post, everyone leaves lol!

Good couple of days.

Yesterday managed to win 4 with only 1 loss.

Today managed a straight 3 game win, then thought I'll leave it there because I don't often get winning streaks (if you can call it a streak haha)

BR is now up to £210, so I can feel the £11 coming, hopefully... few more wins required first.
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited February 2014
    Hey all, apologies for the lack of updates, I haven't managed to play at all since my last post with one thing or another. Nice to see all your updates, though. I will hopefully get a few games in soon, just checked the STT league and I look to be around 33rd so will need a little push to claw back into the top 30 to get a seat in the TSP freeroll!
  • Options
    ian1976ian1976 Member Posts: 37
    edited February 2014
    Hey all, apologies for the lack of updates, I haven't managed to play at all since my last post with one thing or another. Nice to see all your updates, though. I will hopefully get a few games in soon, just checked the STT league and I look to be around 33rd so will need a little push to claw back into the top 30 to get a seat in the TSP freeroll!
    Posted by JohnConnor

Hey there JC!  Regarding the STT league, there is a link under it which states the current month points, but the link doesn't work.  Do you know where the correct link is for this??

Cheers,

Ian
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Hey there JC!  Regarding the STT league, there is a link under it which states the current month points, but the link doesn't work.  Do you know where the correct link is for this?? Cheers, Ian
    Posted by ian1976
    Hi, it works for me on the standalone sky poker program, under my account then poker league!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Good day today.

Played 9
    Won - 6
    Lost - 3
    That's £10.50 profit for the day, up to £220 now woo hoo!
    Enjoying the run of good form, hope it lasts just a little longer.

Total poker points for the month 790.
  • Options
    ian1976ian1976 Member Posts: 37
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Hi, it works for me on the standalone sky poker program, under my account then poker league!
    Posted by MISTER_B
    Hi Mister_B!  Yes but that shows the 3 months in total, not the month of December?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC of DYM's, by JOHNCONNOR : Hi Mister_B!  Yes but that shows the 3 months in total, not the month of December?
    Posted by ian1976
    I believe it's measured over a 3 month basis, not monthly. Poker points (cash 4 points) are monthly, poker league is quarterly !
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Phew! What a day, started by playing 4 DYMs, and lost all 4 in a row, for a loss of £22, thought it was game over.
    Pulled myself together and played another 5, to win the lot, for a 0.50p profit, not much, but profits profit and I'm so happy to be in this position especially after earlier!!!

Played - 9
    Won - 5
    Lost - 4
    Profit - 0.50p
    Poker Points - 800
    Total Weeks Profit - £37
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited February 2014
    Also, does a guy called wrongjohn1 ever post here, he plays tons of tables whenever I log on, he must get some serious table time in, also his scope looks pretty good...
    Posted by MISTER_B
    Never seen him post on the forums, I always see him playing £5.50 DYM's though. 
  • Options
    GEE_BURTGEE_BURT Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2014
    Hi John, great read but i have i question. It relates to making it into the money, i have just bubbled when i called an all in, my AK suited against A4 suited, runner runner and i loose to a flush. My question is this, should you fold here and look for a better spot as all stacks were relatively the same or was it the right call and thats just poker and you gotta make your move at some point?
    It would be great to here your opinion
    Mike
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Well a great start to christmas NOT.

Played 15
    Won - 6
    Lost - 9
    Total for the day - MINUS £22.50
    Total for the week - £15
    Poker Points - Around 900 ish

Well, don't try cash tables after a huge 6 game losing streak. It was sooooo painful, then thought, I'll have a quick go at 4NL and lost my £4 buyin quite quickly, guess you could say tilt, perhaps??

Anyway, the tough thing is not to play anymore, maybe until tomorrow or boxing day, because I can't bear to lose again, and the way it was going I would. Loads of bad beats, and it seemed every flip was going against me, but thats varience.
    Plus, tough tables tonight, games were just going to levels 6/7/8 before anyone was getting knocked out, frustrating!!!

I suppose I'll have to wait a little longer before I can have a shot at the £10 DYM's.

Just a quick plus for the forum... it's great to have it here as a way of venting off steam, because I feel so much better now!!

It's done no good for my overall stats, as I'm now pretty much a losing player with a win rate of 54.6%

Let's hope it's just a run of bad luck !!!

GL and Merry Christmas all.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    back from a week off poker

no change,still grinding at £3.30

won 15  lost 8.    won £14.10

balance £328.82

still going the right way!

hope you all had a good xmas day

and good luck for 2012!
  • Options
    walesboywalesboy Member Posts: 993
    edited February 2014
    been reading this with interest and decided to have a re-look at DYMs for a bit over the next few weeks while not able to do any cash sessions of length just to play some poker.
    only 30p NLHE and Omaha initially to get back into them.
    after 2 initial small loss sessions now on a 7 cash run until i stopped. so far 9 wins 4 losses.
    finding them tougher than they were. people seem tighter now even at this level! I wonder if they've been reading any blogs!!
    A few more at this level i think, maybe, but not sure how many. Then move to 60p and up where the rake % is less of a hinderance. We'll see how far I get.

good luck
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    just another day,just another session;

won 18  lost 5

profit  £32.10

balance £360.92

looks like my £500 target is in my sights now.

HAPPY DAYS

the devonfish
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    not a great nite

won 20  lost 16

profit £1.20   big deal.

still,a w,s a w

c4points  929
    so at least £15 is on the way

balance £362.12

back tomorrow

nite
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    bad nite

won 21
    lost 24

lost £22.50

not the end of the world though.
    knew it was only a matter of time!

balance £335.12

still £117 up
    since starting dym,s

so no worries

back tomorrow know doubt

nite
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited February 2014
    Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas, I did. No poker, though, which was the only downside. Should be able to steal a couple of hours before the new year, though. I just have one session to update which was my last, played 23rd Dec, I think:

Played 4 £16.50s W 3 L 1
    Played 7 £22s W 5 L 2
    Bankroll - £568.52
    Poker Points 2,765

This morning I look to be about 500 league points off a top 30 finish. I think I'll have a little push at that but will be hard now, depends mainly on the other guys I guess...

Hope you all run well for what's left of 2011...