You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Current Issue with the Download Client

Comments

• Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    edited November 2016
    Hi All,

Adobe Air have released a BETA version of 24 that we believe is compatible with the Download Client and will mean that you do not have to use the new version of the Download Client which relied on Adobe Air 22. 

You can download the BETA version of Air 24 here. Once you have downloaded this you can continue to use the Download Client as you were before. We would appreciate some feedback from you guys on version 24. If you could leave it on this thread that would be most helpful.

Thanks
    Sam
  • Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    edited November 2016
    Hi Sam,

I'm unable to open the latest download version and getting this message....
    https://gyazo.com/c815dffe66a0ed6942e4ab0a574821a7

I also can't open the link you posted in the previous message to download Air 24.

I can go back to the old sky poker download but just wanted to make you aware.

Cheers

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited November 2016
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited November 2016
    Ive been on 22 for a while, but the DL has been very laggy on and off for a while. It hasn't been unplayable but it has been annoying.

Have just downloaded 24 from the above link, so I'll see how that goes tonight.
  • Options
    SP_SPSP_SP Member Posts: 419
    edited November 2016
    Stupid question from a technophobe, if I use the link above do I have do uninstall anything first?
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client:
    Stupid question from a technophobe, if I use the link above do I have do uninstall anything first?
    Posted by SP_SP

Don't worry - it'll tell you if you do :)

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Hi All,

A reminder that we would like feedback from users who are using version 24 of Adobe Air with the Download Client.

Thanks
    Sam
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm still getting the error message when I try and open the new sky poker client even though I've downloaded the latest adobe air.  Any ideas?  Nosey?  :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm still getting the error message when I try and open the new sky poker client even though I've downloaded the latest adobe air.  Any ideas?  Nosey?  :)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Have you downloaded Air 24? If so are you using the original Download Client rather than the one that you extracted last week?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I have Sam and yes I'm trying to open the new client.  The old client opens fine but crashes alot.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Update your Adobe to version 24, remove the new client you downloaded last week and use the original.

This should then work for you.
  • Options
    SP_SPSP_SP Member Posts: 419
    edited November 2016
    I cannot get it working, downloaded version 24 but keep getting message that adobe is still required when the download opens  sticking with browser for now.
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    edited November 2016
    Sam I uninstalled Sky downloaded it again also downloaded adobe at same time when it came up then when I open a table still says get adobe I downloaded it on a laptop and it works fine think I have something on my computer that blocks it have you any ideas. Cheers Chris
    PS works fine when I just load it up without downloading.
  • Options
    MrWh1teMrWh1te Member Posts: 963
    edited November 2016
    ok downloaded beta

lets see this baby run
  • Options
    cowheadcowhead Member Posts: 177
    edited November 2016
    Cant play it on download and already tried version  24. If i Play through browser It wont open more than 5 tables. Any more than 5 and the tables pop up but fail to load. Its about time you lot done something about your chiit software tbh. 
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Cant play it on download and already tried version  24. If i Play through browser It wont open more than 5 tables. Any more than 5 and the tables pop up but fail to load. Its about time you lot done something about your chiit software tbh. 
    Posted by cowhead
    I can assure you that the current software problem is my number 1 priority and if I had a magic wand to fix it trust me I would wave it. In the meantime we can continue with these workarounds until we have a complete solution. I am surpirsed that version 24 doesn't work as we have had 100% positive feedback on version 24 until now.
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited November 2016
    I have installed Adobe Air 24

I have now played a number of times using the download client, I can happily say that all the issues I had have now been resolved. (I have played 5 tables simultaneously too with no issues)

It may be worthwhile noting that Adobe Flash Player Version 23.0.0.207 is different to Adobe Air 24 beta version.

I have installed Flash Player 23 & Adobe Air 24 beta and all is well.

So ensure you install the latest version of Flash Player (23.0) & then Install Adobe Air 24

Happy days
  • Options
    JustPaidJustPaid Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2016
    Is it working yet?  There's no clear information on here. Is it being said that the client we all had, will now work with adobe 24? 
    Unfortunately, I downloaded abode manager to stop updates, which led to issues viewing pdf's, and I think sky still crashed. 
    Put in around 2,000 hands a night at zoom instead. Was thinking of starting a new month on sky, but not if it keeps crashing.
  • Options
    JustPaidJustPaid Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2016
    Is it working yet?  There's no clear information on here. Is it being said that the client we all had, will now work with adobe 24?  Unfortunately, I downloaded abode manager to stop updates, which led to issues viewing pdf's, and I think sky still crashed.  Put in around 2,000 hands a night at zoom instead. Was thinking of starting a new month on sky, but not if it keeps crashing.
    Posted by JustPaid

I asked this a week ago. 

• Options
    scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : I asked this a week ago. 
    Posted by JustPaid
    Well all I can tell you is this ..............

I tested the beta version of 24 all was fine, 

I Then uninstalled everything I had to do with the Sky Poker Client ie Adobe Air and the Client itself, I also removed all traces from the registry using regedit

I then did a fresh clean install of everything, and

I haven't had a problem since,

fwiw I have also disabled adobe updater too, I did this months ago and haven't had a single problem re PDF files or using photoshop

so for me all is working fine and as it should be