You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My story

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Apologies for those expecting A) Rants about beats., B) Brags about luck boxing)
    Update on My Love..
    Sarah received a letter informing her of her next appointment with the consultant ~ June.
    This wasn’t well received, her ‘urgent’ case seemed to have been put on the back burner for a while, so she rang the appointment bureau to see if she could chivvy it along a tad.

Within an hour, the consultant dealing with her case rang her ( He has been pretty awesome throughout) asking her if she could come in after his clinic finishes to discuss the results of the tests.

Now, this was definitely one of those cliche ‘emotional rollercoaster ‘ times.
    The whole host of what ifs spring to mind..
    Anyway, we toddled up to hospital to see him, he was very nice, and it was a mixture of relief and the opposite of relief ( can’t think of a word)

The tests proved positive for Diabetes Insipidus, and the fab news is that it’s easily treatable with medication 🙃
    He did say that we need to explore why the pituitary gland has stopped producing the hormone., it could be the car accident we were in, but that was a while ago, he said he would push for the mri scan again..

Skipped to the car ( Actually, truth is I almost fell down the stairs as my legs seemed not connected to my brain)
    Zoomed ( not above speed limit) to the chemist ( open until 8pm ~ awesome, handed prescription in..and....they haven’t got the medication in, same story with the next 2 chemists we went to, so they ordered it in for collection the next day.

I messaged Sarah today asking how her first day on medication is going., it’s doing the job! Happy Days.
    Strangely, I haven’t been feeling the expected elation today, I feel worn out. It will pass.

I will be endeavour to post poker related stuff next time.

Thanks for all the kind wishes
    Love and Peace x
  • Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    such wonderful news tom so pleased your good wife is feeling better send her my regards love to you both paige xx aks trish xx
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,220
    That's awesome news Tom, awesome.
  • Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    paige55 said:

such wonderful news tom so pleased your good wife is feeling better send her my regards love to you both paige xx aka trish xx

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,402
    Good stuff Tom x
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    Nice update Tom.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,653
    sigh of relief there Tom sending all good wishes to all your family especially the missus , gl friend...Sean
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,022
    Great news Tom.
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    Good luck Tom & Sarah
    We're rooting for you.
    glgl
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Lovely stuff
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,220

I intended to mention this a few days ago but it slipped my mind.

Tom wrote;

the past few weeks she has been drinking between 15 to 20 litres of water per day,

Strewth alike. As part of my rehab, I'm obliged to drink 2 litres of water a day. Never drunk that much daily in my life, & it's a real struggle. 2 litres is a lot.

Trying to comprehend how anyone would get 20 litres inside them in a single day is beyond my imagination.

Fingers crossed the medication solves the problem.
  • Options
    Thanks all
    I originally thought Sarah must be exaggerating, but when the weekend comes round and we are together for the whole day , I witnessed her intake , she had purchased a 2 litre bottle with a lid ( £7 what’s all that about !) which she drank and filled up twice during the night.
    During the water deprivation test she was still going to the loo every half hour or so even though she wasn’t drinking, apparently the brain was dictating taking the water from blood and brain ( stupid brain 😊) hence why the test stopped an hour early.
    Early signs are good that the medication is working.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,653
    I went to Portugal for 10 days whilst there I couldn't drink alcohol but I'd drink pints of coke on the way home I'd buy 6 litres of orange juice and I would drink it through the night,we would go to a restaurant I'd be really hungry order a massive steak have two mouthfuls and couldn't eat anymore go back to the digs with 6 litres of orange juice to drink through the night,go for breakfast 1st thing I'd order was 2 pints of coke to go with me orange juice and me breakfast which I didn't eat
    This went on for the 10 days we were there the missus kept saying to get checked out cuz she suspected I was diabetic I lost 2 stone I got back home went to the doctors and was diagnosed there and then
    4 years on the medication has been really good I put my weight back on and I'm doing fine atm
    Tell Sarah not to worry Tom all will be good. Tc mate
  • Options
    As promised...poker related stuff
    Having somehow managed to cash in a few tourneys lately, I had the means to make a withdrawal a week ago Saturday ( about 10 ish days ago)
    I clicked the withdraw button around 8am, the money was in our account by lunchtime ~ on a Weekend ...how good is that!
    Having read all the nonsense about withdrawals = doom switch activation, I was pretty pleased ( smug) to reach the final table of the mega stack some day last week, could be Friday, I forget.

Managed to make Heads up, I’m pretty comfortable with the concept of widening ranges now, even managed to chip away to become chip leader.
    This is where it goes a tad pear shaped 😊

I have discussed the hand which did max damage with my poker buddies ( who are all much better than I ) and they pointed out where I possibly( by possibly, I mean blatantly obviously) went wrong, which is great.

Thing is, I was too aggressive ( if that’s such a thing these days HU 😉)
    I have a blinding excuse to hand

Fast forward to today

“ C day”
    My 6 monthly appointment with the consultant to discuss the results of my blood test which checks my psa and testosterone levels went really well today., he said the psa level is 0.04 ( fab)
    And my testosterone level is now “ Normal, to High “ ( fabber)

He said we can knock the 6 monthly appointments on the head now, just do a blood test 6monthly and they will monitor the results , he will see me in a years time 😁

So, dear reader, my cancer seems to be under control, and my poker fortunes and mis~fortunes are down to Mr.T

Aggression ftw 🤠

Love to all x
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    Awesome Tom
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited January 2018
    Btw
    I’m guessing it was Friday last week that you final tabled the megastack. The reason I guess this is due to the megastack is on Fridays 😎
  • Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    Fantastic news Tom.
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    edited January 2018
    Great news sir
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    Great Stuff Tom, really is fantastic news.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,285
    nice one Tom, onwards and upwards.