You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Help with new tables/Software please

Comments

• Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    I know that I'm usually pretty tight but I dont usually make these kind of preflop folds unless the software has crashed.

I was playing 3 tables at the time fwiw.

• Options
    Mayhem357Mayhem357 Member Posts: 87
    If it helps anyone I deleted the client restarted my PC and re-downloaded. I've been playing this evening with no crashes although only played max 7 tables in one go.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,356
    The end is nigh .
  • Options
    SP_SPSP_SP Member Posts: 419
    I am a poor player by any standards so when the software keeps stalling or lagging it makes my life on this site pretty irritating. Have just regged for a minor tourney but ten mins in have not been able to play a hand. What is the point in playing here in these circumstances?
  • Options
    GSmith13GSmith13 Member Posts: 74
    I have just stumbled upon this thread, as I rarely read the forums, this week I have been participating in the DYM challenge playing 1800 games since Monday, and I have had endless problems with this. I've lost count how many times this has happened to me, id estimate over 50 times minimum, I have a very good laptop that cost over £1000 and have experienced this problem previously, a few times a week when playing Spins or MTTS, and all of my friends who also play on Sky are the same, but this week it got so bad (Sky client was closing every 2-5 mins for over an hour when only trying to play 3-4 tables at a time, and nothing else running on my computer), and after talking to technical support I thought it must be a problem with my laptop, so I was forced to rush out and buy a whole new £900 laptop in the middle of the challenge just to avoid losing out on 1st place on the leader board. I have lost hundreds of pounds due to missing hands in DYMs this week, especially the turbo DYMS, were missing a couple of hands is huge.
  • Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    GSmith13 said:

I have just stumbled upon this thread, as I rarely read the forums, this week I have been participating in the DYM challenge playing 1800 games since Monday, and I have had endless problems with this. I've lost count how many times this has happened to me, id estimate over 50 times minimum, I have a very good laptop that cost over £1000 and have experienced this problem previously, a few times a week when playing Spins or MTTS, and all of my friends who also play on Sky are the same, but this week it got so bad (Sky client was closing every 2-5 mins for over an hour when only trying to play 3-4 tables at a time, and nothing else running on my computer), and after talking to technical support I thought it must be a problem with my laptop, so I was forced to rush out and buy a whole new £900 laptop in the middle of the challenge just to avoid losing out on 1st place on the leader board. I have lost hundreds of pounds due to missing hands in DYMs this week, especially the turbo DYMS, were missing a couple of hands is huge.

I feel for you Mr Smith - i've played in a lot of your games this last fortnight, you must have lost hundreds of pounds due to this.

(Completely separate question to the issue in hand, but even if you win the challenge, how much money has it cost you in loss of normal earnings + loss due to connection issues? - Has it been worth it to win the 3500gpb package?)

I have self banned my chat on the tables so can't chat to people about it but if anyone can get a message to Vlallia and Timmyrara about this I would like to know if they have the same problem - if they do, then I cannot think of any high tabling regular who ISN'T affected by this on Skypoker.

We know that it affects all of the following players: Myself, Mayhem, Heddoh, Reflex, Jac35, GSmith, Johnmonty, Nutter, Duesenberg. It is blindingly obvious that the correlation is that we all play 10+ tables for extended periods of time and this is the issue.

A fix on this needs to happen asap Sky - I know these players are winning regulars who aren't great for the longevity of the game but these are also players that hand over thousands of pounds of rake every single day to the site, for such a monstrous company as Skybet/Skypoker this is surely unacceptable?

Can Sky Sam (or a technical support person) give us an update please?
  • Options
    AndyMitchAndyMitch Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2018
    Jacquelyn said:

I have self banned my chat on the tables so can't chat to people about it but if anyone can get a message to Vlallia and Timmyrara about this I would like to know if they have the same problem - if they do, then I cannot think of any high tabling regular who ISN'T affected by this on Skypoker.

I've messaged Timmy's girlfriend to ask her to pass a message on. She says he plays at certain times to avoid this happening - hopefully will get more information from him soon. Watch this space.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,321

Morning.

As you can imagine, Sam is a bit busy this morning, what with this & that.

However, I drew his attention to the ongoing situation, & he has escalated it further this morning, & it is being further analysed now.

Apologies to those inconvenienced.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Just to update - it's still unplayable for me. Seems to have gotten worse as I can't even get 1 hand in on 1 table without the crashing.

I'm going to have to install on my laptop and hope for the best.
  • Options
    BigHawk89BigHawk89 Member Posts: 627
    I am also having these problems. It is actually unplayable i have tried both browser and the download client just constantly timing me out and lagging. My PC is literally brand new i have had to buy one today as my other one broke.
  • Options
    H3nryH3nry Member Posts: 39
    I have always played with lag and crashed occasionally, but I put it down to a slow broadband speed where I live. Crashing tends to happen when lag is at its worst and a fresh table tries to load that I've been on a waiting list for.
    I have to shut down via task manager and when I log back in I've been removed from all my tables.
    When rejoining tables 'auto top up' is disabled which isn't the end of the world but last night I lost a big pot and was dealt AA the next hand with 20bb facing a 3bet☹️.
    From my end I still believe it to be speed related.
  • Options
    BigHawk89BigHawk89 Member Posts: 627
    What is the recommended broadband speed to run sky tables without any lag?

If this doesnt get sorted soon id hate to change sites because i am very loyal to sky but i would have to play elsewhere.
  • Options
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Is it not possible to roll back to before the last update?

Crazy how I was one of the ones who's client worked almost perfectly and then one tiny update later I can't even play 1 table.

Fwiw I can play on my crappy laptop fine. The laptop uses AMD graphics and AMD cpu but my desktop uses Nvidia graphics and an Intel cpu.
  • Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254

Thanks Tikay - could you confirm if we are we talking weeks, months, or 2019? - I hope to play full time for the summer months of June, July and August but if this issue is not fixed by then I will be unable to do so.

Hi Tikay, any response to this please?
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    I’d , can’t think he would want to buy into a MTT or sng with it crashing.
    H3nry said:

I have always played with lag and crashed occasionally, but I put it down to a slow broadband speed where I live. Crashing tends to happen when lag is at its worst and a fresh table tries to load that I've been on a waiting list for.
    I have to shut down via task manager and when I log back in I've been removed from all my tables.
    When rejoining tables 'auto top up' is disabled which isn't the end of the world but last night I lost a big pot and was dealt AA the next hand with 20bb facing a 3bet☹️.
    From my end I still believe it to be speed related.

Another time it might have saved you 80bb :)

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

Jacquelyn said:

Hi Tikay,

I am sure you are anyway - but please lets try to escalate this to the guys at the top as a matter of urgency and try to find a fix? - It certainly would appear that anyone who is multi - tabling 9/10+ tables is having crash issues.

Can I get a response to the question of when the new software will be available (many people seem to have mentioned that there is new software coming soon) and if that will fix this issue?

Please keep us updated - really appreciate your responses here, its far far far better than the official email/live chat support channels.

Morning @Jacquelyn

It's already been escalated, please see my other replies.

Will the new software fix this issue? It had better, yeah......;)

Date of new software? As I've stated previously, no, I won't be giving dates yet. Transition to the new software is immensely complex, & if the date moves back, people will use the dates I give as a stick to beat Sky Poker with, you know what poker players are like.

There are weekly reports circulated amongst the Team as to progress with the new Software, & I get copies of these, and please be assured it's a serious project being overseen at Director level of SB&G.
    Thanks Tikay - could you confirm if we are we talking weeks, months, or 2019? - I hope to play full time for the summer months of June, July and August but if this issue is not fixed by then I will be unable to do so.
    Apologies for not replying, you asked the question on Saturday, which was a bit of a weird day for me & those who work or play at Sky Poker, what with one thing & another.....

The answer prior to Saturday was what I said to you earlier last week, & have said many times to all who ask;

"Date of new software? As I've stated previously, no, I won't be giving dates yet. Transition to the new software is immensely complex, & if the date moves back, people will use the dates I give as a stick to beat Sky Poker with, you know what poker players are like.

There are weekly reports circulated amongst the Team as to progress with the new Software, & I get copies of these, and please be assured it's a serious project being overseen at Director level of SB&G."

By narrowing it down, I get exploited, so the answer was the same for everyone - "no, no dates will be made known yet".

However.....

The world changed on Saturday, or at least the world of Sky Poker did, when the proposed takeover was became known.

At this stage, it's unclear how Sky Poker will move forward from here, as the proposed takeover changes so many things.

The best answer, really, is to solve this pesky problem some players are currently experiencing, that's the right way forward for now. I know, with 100% certainty, as I pester @Sky_SamT every day, they are doing everything they can to get it sorted.

Soon as I hear more, I will let everyone know.
  • Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    Crashed for me tonight for 15 mins when on FT of main (no it's not a brag post).
    Wouldn't let me connect via pc, phone or tablet also tried via both my main and back up internet connections.
    The amount of money this has potentially cost people is staggering.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I found I could create lag on cue by clicking a part of the screen on the d/l playing 8 tables. I recorded it on my mobile, not a brilliant recording, but I will post it anyway, it might help.

https://youtu.be/dKT6pKOTs9Q
  • Options

Hi @mumsie,

Can't do any harm to stick it up - if you do, I'll pass it on to Team Tech.