You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

THREAD CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    QuietmanQuietman Member Posts: 286
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : THINK UR LIVING IN A DREAMWORLD GET OVER IT!!!!!
    Posted by xFALLENx
    no mate i think you are, this happens on every online site on the web, some players are good, some players think they are good, and some players are not as good as others, it is these not so good players that keep the good players in profit. do not disrespect the not so good players cos everyone has to start somewhere, i do not know if you are a profitable/good player cos i have not checked your stats but even if you are , just remember that you too had to learn to play and you have probably made quite a few 'donkey' calls yourself when you were learning and probably just like everyone else on here still continue to make these calls.

welcome to the world of online poker
  • Options
    xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : i just checked your stats on sharkscope by the way you are one of the 'not so good players' i was talking about. stop whinging and get over it
    Posted by Quietman
    SUGGEST U READ ALL THE POSTS

AND SHARKSCOPE IS NOT ALL THAT, IT MIGHT TELL U HOW MANY GAMES IVE CASHED BUT DOES IT TELL U THAT I STAY IN 2/3 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : i just checked your stats on sharkscope by the way you are one of the 'not so good players' i was talking about. stop whinging and get over it
    Posted by Quietman
    DO NOT POST MY STATS NOW THATS DISRESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : DO NOT POST MY STATS NOW THATS DISRESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by xFALLENx
    i did not post your stats.............. but i can if you want me to
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : DO NOT POST MY STATS NOW THATS DISRESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Dont worry about it XFALLENX you are never ever going to win this argument on this thread.But me and debs are with you 100%.I recently went out of the 7K doublestack and 1 player on the table got an absolute torrent of jibes from all at the table.This player called an all-in from a player who had AK after several reraises and showed 4 9 OFF.The jammy thingy hit his 9 and the other player went out.Now this was £16.50 entry fee and to be fair to the player that lost he/she could not surely expect a donk bet like that,not at this level.Brings a whole new meaning to BINGO eh? all the best dav
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY players' GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : i just checked your stats on sharkscope by the way you are one of the 'not so good i was talking about. stop whinging and get over it
    Posted by Quietman
    YES U DID BUT WHATEVER
  • Options
    LONGPLAYLONGPLAY Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2010
    sharkscope is a poor reflection of ability,a player could finish 41st/990(40 cash) 10 times running and sharkscope would label him a super tilt ****.
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    i haven't read thru every post on this thread, so, if some one has already said this then i am very sorry for repeating it.................... most bad beats stem from very bad play in the first place...5% bad beat...95% bad play initially. get over it
    Posted by Quietman
    I'm with the Quietman on this. Most "bad beats" that I suffer are usually a result of my mistakes (slowplaying, misreading how many outs the villain has, not taking into account relative chip stack, the list goes on....)

Oh, and just to reiterate what I've said before AA v KK isn't  a "bad beat". It's simply bad luck, the chips find their way into the middle anyhow.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Dont worry about it XFALLENX you are never ever going to win this argument on this thread.But me and debs are with you 100%.I recently went out of the 7K doublestack and 1 player on the table got an absolute torrent of jibes from all at the table.This player called an all-in from a player who had AK after several reraises and showed 4 9 OFF.The jammy thingy hit his 9 and the other player went out.Now this was £16.50 entry fee and to be fair to the player that lost he/she could not surely expect a donk bet like that,not at this level.Brings a whole new meaning to BINGO eh? all the best dav
    Posted by dav1964
    TY DAV

JUST BEEN TELLING POD HOW GREAT U & DEBS ARE X HE AGREES BTW
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : I'm with the Quieytman on this. Most "bad beats" that I suffer are usually a result of my mistakes (slowplaying, misreading how many outs the villain has, not taking into account relative chip stack, the list goes on....) Oh, and just to reiterate what I've said before AA v KK isn't  a "bad beat". It's simply bad luck, the chips find their way into the middle anyhow.
    Posted by KnackersYa
    Hi mate obviously i cant post the players name that my post was about but mmmmchips was sat at this table and he can vouch for it.That one must surely rank as a terrible bad beat not to mention the winning players quality of play.All my point is that i dont think that standard of play is very good.dav
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,698
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Hi mate obviously i cant post the players name that my post was about but mmmmchips was sat at this table and he can vouch for it.That one must surely rank as a terrible bad beat not to mention the winning players quality of play.All my point is that i dont think that standard of play is very good.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    your right dav i agree and i think its great,brilliant in fact
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Dont worry about it XFALLENX you are never ever going to win this argument on this thread.But me and debs are with you 100%.I recently went out of the 7K doublestack and 1 player on the table got an absolute torrent of jibes from all at the table.This player called an all-in from a player who had AK after several reraises and showed 4 9 OFF.The jammy thingy hit his 9 and the other player went out.Now this was £16.50 entry fee and to be fair to the player that lost he/she could not surely expect a donk bet like that,not at this level.Brings a whole new meaning to BINGO eh? all the best dav
    Posted by dav1964
    i totally agree that this should not happen in a £16 buy in, but it would seem that a lot of people have more money than sense and are quite prepared to gamble on very long shots. these people are just in it for the thrill of a longshot paying off, they know nothing about poker, it is just another form of gambling to them. as long as they have the money they will take that chance
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    sharkscope is a poor reflection of ability,a player could finish 41st/990(40 cash) 10 times running and sharkscope would label him a super tilt ****.
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    TY Longplay.....bit of sense finally
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : i totally agree that this should not happen in a £16 buy in, but it would seem that a lot of people have more money than sense and are quite prepared to gamble on very long shots. these people are just in it for the thrill of a longshot paying off, they know nothing about poker, it is just another form of gambling to them. as long as they have the money they will take that chance
    Posted by Quietman

OMMG THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG THAT MORE AND MORE PPL R BETTING WITH 'DONK' CARDS AND GETTING LUCKY.

JUST ATM AM FINDING IT VERY HARD TO SWALLOW.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : i totally agree that this should not happen in a £16 buy in, but it would seem that a lot of people have more money than sense and are quite prepared to gamble on very long shots. these people are just in it for the thrill of a longshot paying off, they know nothing about poker, it is just another form of gambling to them. as long as they have the money they will take that chance
    Posted by Quietman
    wish i had some of that money.imagine the luck you might have in having the bulls to shove with any 2 cards and not caring.lol dav
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : wish i had some of that money.imagine the luck you might have in having the bulls to shove with any 2 cards and not caring.lol dav
    Posted by dav1964

IF EVERY I WIN THE LOTTERY UR B ON MY LIST OF GOOD CAUSES :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : your right dav i agree and i think its great,brilliant in fact
    Posted by stokefc
    absolutely fandabadoozi.lol dav
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Hi mate obviously i cant post the players name that my post was about but mmmmchips was sat at this table and he can vouch for it.That one must surely rank as a terrible bad beat not to mention the winning players quality of play.All my point is that i dont think that standard of play is very good.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    Dav, I'm not having a go at anyone here. That obviously was a terrible piece of play with no redeeming qualities. All I'm saying is that most "bad beats" are exlpainable in the situation.

I was playing the double stack semi sat (now there's a mouthful) earlier. Played a tight/aggressive style, only showed down the nuts or near nuts, and people were still not believing me. Maybe I have a shifty style of clicking the mouse button? Maybe they know I'm trolling sickipedia whilst playing? Who knows what goes through their minds. I personally think it's paranoia - some people just will not believe anything, unfortunately (mainly for them but, alas, sometimes for the rest of us).

I've posted a hand in Phil12uk's bad beat section, have a look at it. The thing is, I was the one that inflicted it but, in the context of the game, it was my only play.

p.s. Does anyone else think that I use too many commas in my posts?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    I agree. I won the Open in December '08. Had to reset my stats as a win like that skewed them so much they were useless.
  • Options
    BurrfootBurrfoot Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2010
    interesting thread.... thinking of leaving 'badjokes' site to come here to get away from it, but i guess it'll happen where ever you can hide behind a monitor....

I know the general opinion is that in the long run solid poker will pay off and the players who make very bad calls will find themselves depositing quite abit, however....

my theory is that when seated at a 6 seater and if 2 or 3 of the others are willing to call most bets or gamble with air, quite a large % of the time, then the odds of one of them hitting some obscure hand goes up. So yes, while individually they will lose, combined one of them is gonna get the chips of the solid players repeatedly?

I guess notes and table selection where possible may help, but its very frustrating. Then again, blooming marvelous when your big hands hold up a few times :)