You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

THREAD CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    QuietmanQuietman Member Posts: 286
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    interesting thread.... thinking of leaving 'badjokes' site to come here to get away from it, but i guess it'll happen where ever you can hide behind a monitor.... I know the general opinion is that in the long run solid poker will pay off and the players who make very bad calls will find themselves depositing quite abit, however.... my theory is that when seated at a 6 seater and if 2 or 3 of the others are willing to call most bets or gamble with air, quite a large % of the time, then the odds of one of them hitting some obscure hand goes up. So yes, while individually they will lose, combined one of them is gonna get the chips of the solid players repeatedly? I guess notes and table selection where possible may help, but its very frustrating. Then again, blooming marvelous when your big hands hold up a few times :)
    Posted by Burrfoot
    perfectly put sir.... thank you
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    it was not my intention to offend or upset anyone on this thread, so if i have upset/offended anyone i am truly sorry, i was just stating my opinion,
    good luck to everyone at aspers tomorrow, seek me out and we'll have a pint together
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    it was not my intention to offend or upset anyone on this thread, so if i have upset/offended anyone i am truly sorry, i was just stating my opinion, good luck to everyone at aspers tomorrow, seek me out and we'll have a pint together
    Posted by Quietman
    I look just like my avatar ....... honest
  • Options
    kelly1988kelly1988 Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2010
    Tikay   Tell me m8,what do i have to do to win a hand when no matter what u try you still get called and they always win on the river,now dont tell me thats bad luck all the time because it happens to often,and me in the last 9 games out of ten,i feel im just waisting my time and getting very frustrating.,I normally get through the first 2 1/2 hrs no prob,then u come up against a twit who calls everything and wins,i just get to the point where i cant be bothered because i know whats going to happen.They must have friends in high places,wish i did,,,,,and please dont say to me,you wish you could come up against more like him,so do i,but in the meantime your out the game and im talking about the last table when youve worked so hard to get there.How do some of them have so much luck.
    Posted by charlyb8
    lol!listen to yourself man. if you dont like some peoples STYLE of play then find another game. if you dont have the coffers to go head in then you obviously havent got the best possible hand! the 1 fact remains weather your a good or bad player is the best hand wins.  sounds like ur not happy b'cos they take a risk by bitting on a card they are winning for if they are its usually a good hand they need that 1 card for!this is not coincidence its good play with people proviing they have the ba lls to go head to head as appose to all you expieranced players who sit and wait till you have a great hand or bluff!!! in my opinion play like that is history
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    what are these obscure hands your talking about?
  • Options
    xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : lol!listen to yourself man. if you dont like some peoples STYLE of play then find another game. if you dont have the coffers to go head in then you obviously havent got the best possible hand! the 1 fact remains weather your a good or bad player is the best hand wins.  sounds like ur not happy b'cos they take a risk by bitting on a card they are winning for if they are its usually a good hand they need that 1 card for!this is not coincidence its good play with people proviing they have the ba lls to go head to head as appose to all you expieranced players who sit and wait till you have a great hand or bluff!!! in my opinion play like that is history
    Posted by kelly1988
    I HAVE READ ALL UR 7 POSTS AND UR ARE VERY HARSH AND VERY FULL OF IT 

UR MAKING A GREAT NEW IMPRESSION....LMAO

CANT WAIT 2 SEE WHAT U POST WHEN UVE BEEN GOING THRO A BAD RUN.
  • Options
    charlyb8charlyb8 Member Posts: 66
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : lol!listen to yourself man. if you dont like some peoples STYLE of play then find another game. if you dont have the coffers to go head in then you obviously havent got the best possible hand! the 1 fact remains weather your a good or bad player is the best hand wins.  sounds like ur not happy b'cos they take a risk by bitting on a card they are winning for if they are its usually a good hand they need that 1 card for!this is not coincidence its good play with people proviing they have the ba lls to go head to head as appose to all you expieranced players who sit and wait till you have a great hand or bluff!!! in my opinion play like that is history
    Posted by kelly1988

It seems to me your one of these clever and smuck individuals that do just this,must keep an eye for u,we will see.Not worth bothering about.I just try to enjoy the game and there are to many clever so called players who think they can win every hand they play,well ill tell you this,they can't and in the end they call one to many.good luck with your so called play.By the way i was asking for advise not complaining,you must have read the wrong thread.
  • Options
    booboo69booboo69 Member Posts: 196
    edited January 2010
    A week ago, or thereabouts, I played in a friendly little pub game. We got chatting about online poker, I said I'd given up almost completely, because with the exception of a longhaul tidy profit at one site, that, a) I'm simply no good at it, I can't transfer consistently, over all sites, my playing live experience to the sterile online game (not bothered, only played small stake stuff online anyway) and more importantly b) because of connection problems.
    Anyway, one of the guys playing, was a funny, bright and experienced player. He came 2nd on the night, was gracious and it was a pleasure to sit at the table with him. Afterwards over a beer he told me that he ocassionally played here, mostly sit and goes DYMs, £3 and £5.
    He told me matter of fact, if someone pushed pre-flop, he would call. Whatever hole cards he had, he'd call. When I asked him why, he said it was because if he lost, it wouldn't matter, it was only a few quid. He used the analogy of playing a fruit machine, if he doubled up what he put in, he was happy, but didn't expect it to be the case.
    I pretty much understood him fully, 2, 3 or 5 quid isn't anything to worry about is it? It would be for him if he played 10 games a day and played like that all the time, but 3 or 4 a week, so what, he's getting enjoyment and the chance of doubling up.
    I suspect that many play like, or similar to him. They don't care if they lose. I wouldn't know, but can anyone comment on the standard of play at the highest stake DYM games? I doubt (standing by to be proved wrong!) people call pre flop with 9 6 off at those games, because losing 50 quid would matter to most people, but losing 2, 3 or 5 quid, it ain't a problem.
    Not every idiot call, comes from an idiot. That's my point. When the buy-in is the price of a pint and a packet of nuts, it's no wonder these strange calls are often made. It's just the way of the world,
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    A week ago, or thereabouts, I played in a friendly little pub game. We got chatting about online poker, I said I'd given up almost completely, because with the exception of a longhaul tidy profit at one site, that, a) I'm simply no good at it, I can't transfer consistently, over all sites, my playing live experience to the sterile online game (not bothered, only played small stake stuff online anyway) and more importantly b) because of connection problems. Anyway, one of the guys playing, was a funny, bright and experienced player. He came 2nd on the night, was gracious and it was a pleasure to sit at the table with him. Afterwards over a beer he told me that he ocassionally played here, mostly sit and goes DYMs, £3 and £5. He told me matter of fact, if someone pushed pre-flop, he would call. Whatever hole cards he had, he'd call. When I asked him why, he said it was because if he lost, it wouldn't matter, it was only a few quid. He used the analogy of playing a fruit machine, if he doubled up what he put in, he was happy, but didn't expect it to be the case. I pretty much understood him fully, 2, 3 or 5 quid isn't anything to worry about is it? It would be for him if he played 10 games a day and played like that all the time, but 3 or 4 a week, so what, he's getting enjoyment and the chance of doubling up. I suspect that many play like, or similar to him. They don't care if they lose. I wouldn't know, but can anyone comment on the standard of play at the highest stake DYM games? I doubt (standing by to be proved wrong!) people call pre flop with 9 6 off at those games, because losing 50 quid would matter to most people, but losing 2, 3 or 5 quid, it ain't a problem. Not every idiot call, comes from an idiot. That's my point. When the buy-in is the price of a pint and a packet of nuts, it's no wonder these strange calls are often made. It's just the way of the world,
    Posted by booboo69

VERY WELL WRITTEN JUST A SHAME SOME OTHER PPLS ARNT.

AND IT GETS FRUSTRATING AS IT NO LONGER FEELS LIKE POKER MORE BINGO.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lol! i can never lose because i do this for fun the only way i can lose is when i take it to seriously! i only ever put money in i can afford to lose!if i win then great if i dont i dont! i take the odd risks if i think it will prevail if i dont think its worth it then i wont! if i think some1 is bluffing and my hand aint that bad ill go with them! if i go on a losing streak i certaintly wont give up my self respect by posting online, moaning about other ppls playing methods! thats wot i think is funny about this full topic. i aint knockin anybodys playing style cos i aint good enough to do that! i have no doubt that the so called all inners will slip up but i think the best player is inbetween these ppl and the expieranced players
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : I HAVE READ ALL UR 7 POSTS AND UR ARE VERY HARSH AND VERY FULL OF IT  UR MAKING A GREAT NEW IMPRESSION....LMAO CANT WAIT 2 SEE WHAT U POST WHEN UVE BEEN GOING THRO A BAD RUN.
    Posted by xFALLENx[/QWHEN i get a bad run it will be dwn to MY bad judgements and i wont be on here blaming others! certainly
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lol! i can never lose because i do this for fun! i only ever put money in i can afford to lose!if i when then great if i dont i dont! i take the odd risks if i think it will prevail if i dont think its worth it then i wont! ui think some1 is bluffing and my hand aint that bad! if i go on a losing streak i certaintly wont give up my self respect by posting online moaning about other ppls playing methods! thats wot i think is funny
    Posted by kelly1988

omg ur not even worth an answer....waste of my time
    bye
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! :   omg ur not even worth an answer....waste of my time bye
    Posted by xFALLENx
    this is the problem with this full topic! everybody is quick to call the newer payers donks etc but nobody tries to combat this! if your good enough you should be able to adjust your play to handle this type of player.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! :
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : I HAVE READ ALL UR 7 POSTS AND UR ARE VERY HARSH AND VERY FULL OF IT  UR MAKING A GREAT NEW IMPRESSION....LMAO CANT WAIT 2 SEE WHAT U POST WHEN UVE BEEN GOING THRO A BAD RUN. Posted by xFALLENx[/QWHEN i get a bad run it will be dwn to MY bad judgements and i wont be on here blaming others! certainly
    Posted by kelly1988
    GO 2 THE BAD BEATS THREAD AND THEN TELL ME THATS BAD PLAY

NOW IM GETTING BORED HERE.....BYE AGAIN
  • Options
    charlyb8charlyb8 Member Posts: 66
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : this is the problem with this full topic! everybody is quick to call the newer payers donks etc but nobody tries to combat this! if your good enough you should be able to adjust your play to handle this type of player.
    Posted by kelly1988

Correct me if im wrong on this,but how can a player adjust his/her game to combat bad beats,or the player who dosent care wether they win or loose or the chancers,u would be a miricle worker if you could do this and win more games than loose.Now come on.
  • Options
    rawhandrawhand Member Posts: 437
    edited January 2010
    In Response to STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    AM TOTALLY FED UP. FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS ALL I HAVE BEEN DOING IN DEFENDING SKY AND IDIOT PLAYERS. BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH FOR WEEKS NOW ALL IVE COME ACROSS IS TOTAL CHANCERS/MUPPETS/IDIOTS AND WHAT MAKES IT WORSE THEY SEEM 2 WIN 9/10. I MOVED ON2 THIS SITE TO GET AWAY FROM THEM BUT THEY SEEM 2 B COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK.EVERY SINGLE TABLE IVE BEEN ON THEY R THERE HAVE LOST LOADS OF FRIENDS ON HERE 4 THIS VERY REASON. THERES NO LONGER SKILL NEEDED 2 WIN, JUST CHANCE! 4GET BEING A GOOD SOLID PLAYER, JUST CHANCE IT UR MORE LIKELY 2 WIN!!
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Chin up xFALLENx you are good player, you can be my friend
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Chin up xFALLENx you are good player, you can be my friend
    Posted by rawhand
    Ahhhhh ty hunni x

• Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : this is the problem with this full topic! everybody is quick to call the newer payers donks etc but nobody tries to combat this! if your good enough you should be able to adjust your play to handle this type of player.
    Posted by kelly1988
    Kelly, a good player gets their chips in the middle ahead. If they are unlucky they get outdrawn. You can't simply adjust your game to combat this. Sure, you can play TAG with premium hands when you're up against loose players but there are going to be occasions when someone makes a donk play and your premium hand gets turned over. Irts down to variance and luck. Of course players try to combat the donk play! Its interesting that you are, in effect, saying you dont care whether you win or lose because you always play within your limt. Hopefully, we all play within our limit but I think most, if not all of the rest of the players on here are actually trying to win. Perhaps, you would be better buying lottery tickets with your bankroll?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Kelly, a good player gets their chips in the middle ahead. If they are unlucky they get outdrawn. You can't simply adjust your game to combat this. Sure, you can play TAG with premium hands when you're up against loose players but there are going to be occasions when someone makes a donk play and your premium hand gets turned over. Irts down to variance and luck. Of course players try to combat the donk play! Its interesting that you are, in effect, saying you dont care whether you win or lose because you always play within your limt. Hopefully, we all play within our limit but I think most, if not all of the rest of the players on here are actually trying to win. Perhaps, you would be better buying lottery tickets with your bankroll?
    Posted by Seagull158
    Good post :)

Ur starting 2 grow on me......lmao x
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Kelly, a good player gets their chips in the middle ahead. If they are unlucky they get outdrawn. You can't simply adjust your game to combat this. Sure, you can play TAG with premium hands when you're up against loose players but there are going to be occasions when someone makes a donk play and your premium hand gets turned over. Irts down to variance and luck. Of course players try to combat the donk play! Its interesting that you are, in effect, saying you dont care whether you win or lose because you always play within your limt. Hopefully, we all play within our limit but I think most, if not all of the rest of the players on here are actually trying to win. Perhaps, you would be better buying lottery tickets with your bankroll?
    Posted by Seagull158
    good post! of course i like to increase my bankroll but i could try this many other ways betting slips bandits etc. i choose to play poker becuase of the enjoyment levels. im not saying you can always beat bad plays but you can be patient and go when you have a good hand. when you have the oppurtunity for a good hand like flush, straight full house then weigh up your chips etc and take the gamble. a good example last night i was in last 3 of b/h tourny. chip leader had 70.000 _ chips me and the other player had around 20.000. the chip leader was bullying us everyhand and the other guy got it in his head that the chip leader had won the pot! i told him to play patient in the end i doubled up and reduced chip leader. so i managed to combat is bullying by calling when i had not the best but descent cards. granted it could have gone either way but how else could i have played? alot of ppl ive played with only think about the hand theyve got, but wot about the hand they could have if they saw the draw?