You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

THREAD CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    edited January 2010
    phil ivey has thrown his dummy out of the pram on a couple of occasions aswel, he still wins the odd game doesnt he?
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2010
    I never said you started the thread, i was simply making a statement towards the OP which you obviously missed.

And throwing the dummy out is always bad for your play, Ivey has said that himself in front of a camera. I didn't say it impossible for you to win if you happen to do it, but if you keep doing it then you are clearly going wrong or can't handle losing, therefore requiring some mental or stategical adjustment.

The difference between Ivey and Hellmuth and the creators of these threads is that they have proven themselves as winning players and don't need to lower themselves to starting derogatory forum threads to make themselves feel better.
  • Options
    jae2000-7jae2000-7 Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2010
    Hi all just moved so only got the internet back a few days ago But from what i have read Is that you have never had a bit of luck playing any under hand you've played and seeing that your a tight player people can see this and play to it .Im not saying you dont get idiot calls and lose to 4 card flushes ( cause i have ) but this is all part of the game called POKER.and as mentioned b4 try increasing your stakes as this does limit the bad beat callers.

GL All see ya at the tables
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Soz mate i keep forgetting.Its my eyesight you see.In lower case i have to squint to see if i make spelling mistakes.gl m8 dav BTW this just took me 90 minutes to check.lol
    Posted by dav1964
    Hi Dav.

If it helps......

1) At the bottom of your Post, as you are writing it, there is an icon called "ABC". That's a "SpellCheck", & it will check your spelling automatically if you click it.

2) There is also, just to the left of the SpellCheck icon, a "Font Size"" button with a drop down menu, that enables you to increase the size of the Font you use to suit you better. I have very bad eyes, too, so I use 10pt all the time.

This is 8 pt Font

This is 10 pt Font

This is 12 pt Font.

And so on.

And so on.

Posts which are well-presented are always better-received. I do hope that helps.
  • Options
    rodney2007rodney2007 Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2010
    I agree with the person who created this post, to many times u get bad beated it seems 10x worse on this site than on any other... so at the minute im just goin from 1 site to another to find out if its the same and im sad to say this site is now at least my 5th. i loved this site til i lost over 300 quid in 2 days jus on badbeats and donkeys callin to hit gutshots and flushes.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    Dont tell Tikay but he's gonna lose the next TKO.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Dont tell Tikay but he's gonna lose the next TKO.
    Posted by elsadog
    Epic Fail Mr Woof!

As all forum-savvy peeps will tell you, & you well know, if it's too small to read, quote it, then it appears as normal size. ;)

Lose TKO? I don't think so. I predict a 4-2 landslide victory.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Epic Fail Mr Woof! As all forum-savvy peeps will tell you, & you well know, if it's too small to read, quote it, then it appears as normal size. ;) Lose TKO? I don't think so. I predict a 4-2 landslide victory.
    Posted by Tikay10

Drat!

4-2 out of 5.......... something is making me suspicious already.
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Hi Dav. If it helps...... 1) At the bottom of your Post, as you are writing it, there is an icon called "ABC". That's a "SpellCheck", & it will check your spelling automatically if you click it. 2) There is also, just to the left of the SpellCheck icon, a "Font Size"" button with a drop down menu, that enables you to increase the size of the Font you use to suit you better. I have very bad eyes, too, so I use 10pt all the time. This is 8 pt Font This is 10 pt Font This is 12 pt Font. And so on. And so on. Posts which are well-presented are always better-received. I do hope that helps.
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol do you have a go all of the time at pillowman as well? think youre getting a bit grumpy lately.

hope this helps
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : lol do you have a go all of the time at pillowman as well? think youre getting a bit grumpy lately. hope this helps
    Posted by dav1964
    Groan.

Sir - I was NOT having a go - 100%. I was trying to help.

You had said (in the Post to which I was replying) that your eyes were bad, which was why you used upper-case, as you could not tell if words were spelt correctly.

You had been criticised by others for that, so I had explained, very carefully & patiently, several ways to help you overcome the problem.

I'm really not sure how you come to interpret that as "having a go".

I actually thought you'd appreciate the advice.

The thread title is dripping with sarcasm, but my reply was not sarcastic, & not "having a go". It was a genuine attempt to help. 
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Urban Dictionary:
    having a go  

Complaining, threatening or telling off another person.
    Stop having a go at me!
    I was like having a phat go at him.
    hope this helps
    made me chuckle, is that still going!!
  • Options
    ManMan302ManMan302 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2010
    I have to agree this site is full of chancers who gamble with rags and get rewarded on the river.
  • Options
    BALTIMOREBALTIMORE Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2010
    This is my first post, so hi everybody!.
    I have to agree that there are a lot of chancers who will go for it with absolute garbage in their hands but you can only try to identify them and adapt your game as best you can. I have not been playing for that long and therefore I do not consider myself a truly skilful player, but I am learning and I often find that, when I suffer a few bad beats, it is better to take a little break and return a few days letter with a clear head and hopefully better luck!.
    I must admit I am also starting to play the odd not-so-good pocket when I feel flops are favouring lower cards. In any case, as a lot of people have said in this thread, there is not much point in moaning and, in the long run, skilled playing pays off, but i share the frustration.

PS: Having said that, after a bad beat, I will often swear at my computer screen as I congratulate the lucky chancer ;-)
  • Options
    speedboatspeedboat Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2010
    just going to kick the cat,been knocked out the primo,1000 gar,1000 velocity.with ak against a10,a3 and 10 9 it does test you resolve on this site sometimes,when you see the same faces winning there races,Alot of the time with rubbish. 

• Options
    eatmyseteatmyset Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : My problem is that fed up 2 back teeth of saying 2 ppl u were very unlucky when they had best hand and have been called by total chancing muppet and surprise suprise the muppet wins (AGAIN). Have bitten my tongue 4 weeks nows hoping it would get better, but it hasnt !!!! I am a fairly decent, solid player but it feels like if I want 2 get further on sky then I have to join the chancing muppets.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    had 5 full houses in 48 hours an lost the lot surely no one can be that unlucky  wats goin on can u imagine the odds of that happening totally unreal sticking 2 live poker now  this sort of stuff didnt happen when i first played good play gorewarded  now it seems the opposite totally agree with u bad play gets rewarded all the time
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    this thread never ceases to make me laugh.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : had 5 full houses in 48 hours an lost the lot surely no one can be that unlucky  wats goin on can u imagine the odds of that happening totally unreal sticking 2 live poker now  this sort of stuff didnt happen when i first played good play gorewarded  now it seems the opposite totally agree with u bad play gets rewarded all the time
    Posted by eatmyset
    post hh or it never happened!
  • Options
    rivers87rivers87 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2010
    They may be happening more on sky 'to you' lately.... Its known as running bad, But theyre definately happening as frequently on sky as they r in any other poker game, or on any other poker site. Its a game of odds, if you get a fella all in on the turn with 5 outs, the 'luck' will be 90-10 in your favour!You make ya own luck. If ur running bad its frustrating yeh but limiting the damage by playing well inbetween the bad beats and keeping ur cool when things seem to be going wrong is key. Hope it turns round for ya! DOHH By the way, is your poker alias really a reflection of ur erm...well.....what every1 wud automatically assume it is?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    turn and river beats do happen live but not as much as online. just how random are cards dealt
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : turn and river beats do happen live but not as much as online. just how random are cards dealt
    Posted by rivers87
    Random is random. There's no reason for them not to be!

The turn & river = 40% of the board.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They happen just as much live as they do online, fyi.