You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

THREAD CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    kelly1988kelly1988 Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!!:
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! :   Correct me if im wrong on this,but how can a player adjust his/her game to combat bad beats,or the player who dosent care wether they win or loose or the chancers,u would be a miricle worker if you could do this and win more games than loose.Now come on.
    Posted by charlyb8
    by weighing up your hand/ chips and dont be afraid to take a gamble when maybe you wouldnt. im not saying go gun ho on everyhand but if you have the chances then go for it. im not defending these so called donks im just trying to say that if thats there style of play then so what?  theres to many players that think they are better than they are ( this is not aimed at any1 in particular) that believess their certain method is the way poker should be played and then call players that dont play that way!
    Weather people like it or not this type of play will continue and in my opinion makes the game better. there is not much more exciting in this game when watching 2 people call in  on good or bad cardsthen watching the draw.
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : good post! of course i like to increase my bankroll but i could try this many other ways betting slips bandits etc. i choose to play poker becuase of the enjoyment levels. im not saying you can always beat bad plays but you can be patient and go when you have a good hand. when you have the oppurtunity for a good hand like flush, straight full house then weigh up your chips etc and take the gamble. a good example last night i was in last 3 of b/h tourny. chip leader had 70.000 _ chips me and the other player had around 20.000. the chip leader was bullying us everyhand and the other guy got it in his head that the chip leader had won the pot! i told him to play patient in the end i doubled up and reduced chip leader. so i managed to combat is bullying by calling when i had not the best but descent cards. granted it could have gone either way but how else could i have played? alot of ppl ive played with only think about the hand theyve got, but wot about the hand they could have if they saw the draw?
    Posted by kelly1988
    Fallen had the nut flush after the fop. She went allin when 97% favourite. Her OP hit the turn and river to beat her. What exactly should she have done differently?
  • Options
    xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited January 2010

Exactly!!!

And went allin after the flop cos I kne he was a 'chancer' whereas I would of slow played and bet accordingly if it was a more 'solid' player........so yes as a fairly good player I have changed my play 2 adapt 2 the situation.

But still he chanced it against my allin and WON

Forum Post: Re: Bad Beat Strand - We're Here To Listen

YES WHERE DID I GO WRONG PLZ SHARE UR WISDOM KELLY

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Fallen had the nut flush after the fop. She went allin when 97% favourite. Her OP hit the turn and river to beat her. What exactly should she have done differently?
    Posted by Seagull158
     Nothing thats the beuty of the game!you win some u lose some!im not saying combat on 1 particular hand. but what if the shoe was on the other foot? if fallen had hit the river? the only way you can hit the river is by seeing it. i aint so go 7 2 not suited but if you have 4 7 and the flop 5 6 then take a BIT of a risk and chase the 3 or 8. fact remains that yes these chancers seem like there winning alot of head to heads but this is only because there going in more 
    maybe ppl spend too much time thinking about stats for certain hands. it doesnt matter how much percentage certains hands have NOBODY or any computer can predict what card will be next
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Exactly!!! And went allin after the flop cos I kne he was a 'chancer' whereas I would of slow played and bet accordingly if it was a more 'solid' player........so yes as a fairly good player I have changed my play 2 adapt 2 the situation. But still he chanced it against my allin and WON Forum Post: Re: Bad Beat Strand - We're Here To Listen YES WHERE DID I GO WRONG PLZ SHARE UR WISDOM KELLY
    Posted by xFALLENx
    personaly i would go steady with a good hand and let them hang them selves
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Fallen had the nut flush after the fop. She went allin when 97% favourite. Her OP hit the turn and river to beat her. What exactly should she have done differently?
    Posted by Seagull158
    Look at it from the opponent's side. The flop looks OK for him - he holds the overpair (the three diamonds are a concern but let's not be too concerned about that at the moment). He sticks a bet in to find out where he is (far too small a bet IMHO, should've been pot size to get rid of the flush draw).

Now he gets jammed al-in (XFALLENX, for what it's worth, I LOVE that move. Screams BLUFF!!!). He then makes a HUUUUUGE mistake and calls. Then he gets massively lucky.

Fallen, keep playing like this. Your luck will change. Don't let it grind you down!!!

Edit: The reason you put yourself through this is because you enjoy the game (maybe not so much at the moment) and you can get someone to make these massive mistakes. Be thankful it wasn't a high stakes cash game, could've cost you thousands.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Look at it from the opponent's side. The flop looks OK for him - he holds the overpair (the three diamonds are a concern but let's not be too concerned about that at the moment). He sticks a bet in to find out where he is (far too small a bet IMHO, should've been pot size to get rid of the flush). Now he gets jammed al-in (XFALLENX, for what it's worth, I LOVE that move. Screams BLUFF!!!). He then makes a HUUUUUGE mistake and calls. Then he gets massively lucky. Fallen, keep playing like this. Your luck will change. Don't let it grind you down!!!
    Posted by KnackersYa
    good post
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : personaly i would go steady with a good hand and let them hang them selves
    Posted by kelly1988
    JUDGING BY HES PLAY B4 HE WOULD OF CALLED ME WHATEVER ID DONE, SO AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED I PLAYED CORRECTLY AND LOST (HAPPENS ALOT LATELY).

THATS WHAT MY THREAD WAS ABOUT ORIGINALLY BUT JUST LOVE PPL JOINING ON THE BANDWAGON WITH THERE KNO IT ALL OPINIONS.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : JUDGING BY HES PLAY B4 HE WOULD OF CALLED ME WHATEVER ID DONE, SO AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED I PLAYED CORRECTLY AND LOST (HAPPENS ALOT LATELY). THATS WHAT MY THREAD WAS ABOUT ORIGINALLY BUT JUST LOVE PPL JOINING ON THE BANDWAGON WITH THERE KNO IT ALL OPINIONS.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    i think u set off the wrong impression with YOUR first post saying they was making the game worse and spoiling proper poker. talk about know it all. theres a simple way to sort problems like this. there is a poker league where u can search players positions. why dont u see ere all hese so called chancers are and see where you are. stop blaming others for games
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : i think u set off the wrong impression with YOUR first post saying they was making the game worse and spoiling proper poker. talk about know it all. theres a simple way to sort problems like this. there is a poker league where u can search players positions. why dont u see ere all hese so called chancers are and see where you are. stop blaming others for games
    Posted by kelly1988
    OMG UR TUNNEL VISION IS LAUGHABLE

DISCUSSION OVER!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : OMG UR TUNNEL VISION IS LAUGHABLE DISCUSSION OVER!!
    Posted by xFALLENx
    is that how discussions work in your life-you say and it happens. i apolagise for this getting a bit heated its just seems like everybody answer to losing bad beats is down to chancers and it is not always the case
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2010
    PERSONALLY I COULD NOT MAKE THIS CALL AS IT SMELLS OF XFALLENX HAVING A HIGH DIAMOND AND GOING FOR THE FLUSH DRAW.AS IT HAPPENED SHE ALREADY HAD THE NUT FLUSH.ALL I AM GONNA SAY ON THIS THREAD ANYMORE IS THAT WHEN I JOINED 6 MONTHS AGO THESE TYPES OF GAMBLES ONLY OCCURED ON MICRO STAKES TABLES,NOW THEY ARE APPEARING MORE AND MORE AT ANY LEVEL.IM NOT COMPLAINING MYSELF BUT I KNOW OF ALOT THAT ARE.LUV YA XFALLENX.ALL THE BEST DAV AND DEBS XX
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited January 2010
    PERSONALLY I COULD NOT MAKE THIS CALL AS IT SMELLS OF XFALLENX HAVING A HIGH DIAMOND AND GOING FOR THE FLUSH DRAW.AS IT HAPPENED SHE ALREADY HAD THE NUT FLUSH.ALL I AM GONNA SAY ON THIS THREAD ANYMORE IS THAT WHEN I JOINED 6 MONTHS AGO THESE TYPES OF GAMBLES ONLY OCCURED ON MICRO STAKES TABLES,NOW THEY ARE APPEARING MORE AND MORE AT ANY LEVEL.IM NOT COMPLAINING MYSELF BUT I KNOW OF ALOT THAT ARE.LUV YA XFALLENX.ALL THE BEST DAV AND DEBS XX
    Posted by dav1964
    Lower case please dave, cheers dude
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Lower case please dave, cheers dude
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Soz mate i keep forgetting.Its my eyesight you see.In lower case i have to squint to see if i make spelling mistakes.gl m8 dav

BTW this just took me 90 minutes to check.lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: STANDARD OF PLAY GONE UP....YEAH RIGHT!!!! : Lower case please dave, cheers dude
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    How did your cash games go mate?
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2010
    Tilt Thread [x]

You'll never win at poker if you throw the dummy out every time u have a bad session (Not the first of these types of thread ive seen u post).

The people who are winning the hands are just normal people like you. If you can't handle losing with the best of it sometimes then it doesn't matter what site or format of poker you play on.
  • Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited January 2010
    Tilt Thread [x] You'll never win at poker if you throw the dummy out every time u have a bad session (Not the first of these types of thread ive seen u post). The people who are winning the hands are just normal people like you. If you can't handle losing with the best of it sometimes then it doesn't matter what site or format of poker you play on.
    Posted by Deadluck
    Watch Phil Helmuth throws his dummy out all the time,you saying he can't win at poker?
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2010
    On the contrary, are you saying that throwing your dummy out and creating tilt threads that very rarely fail to degenerate into a bickering contests is good for your play?

:)
  • Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited January 2010
    On the contrary, are you saying that throwing your dummy out and creating tilt threads that very rarely fail to degenerate into a bickering contests is good for your play? :)
    Posted by Deadluck
    I didn't start the thread im just an observerver whos rectifiying your poor statements. :)
  • Options
    DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    edited January 2010
    hahaha poor statements. couldnt agree more.