You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My story

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,744
    edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: My story:
    So the second place 2 days before was just a warning shot, last night you steamrollered 500+ to take it down. Very, very nice. Don't tell your daughter, she'll request another trip to Ikea!
    Posted by Enut
    Ha, thanks Paul. I cannot hold it in, bragz ftw ;)
    Dear daughter is at IKEA today to purchase items we couldn't fit in the 2 cars.
    Loving life ATM , the wins are a little bonus but life in general is what matters and I'm "crushing" it :)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Vwp Tom keep it up its brilliant 
    Posted by weecheez1
    Thanks Harry, keep up the good work on the felt mate, you're a tough opponent in the Pl08.
    I won a little Pl08 tourney last night btw ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Good things come to good people. It is hard not to believe in karma sometimes, whether positive or negative. Have I ever mentioned the whole 'mini' idea was mine? Congrats on the win Sir.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks Alan, really do appreciate this post.
    So if it wasn't for you my tourney money winning average would be pretty low :) appreciate it my good man.
    Good luck on the felt.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Nice win Tom, well played
    Posted by waller02
    Thanks Ryan, hope you are well, good luck with the challenge.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Crusher
    Posted by Jac35
    What can I say, I have learned an awful lot from you and the chaps. 
    Many thanks for the support over the years Paul.
    Hope Penny and Harry are doing ok, being a dad suits you.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Great to read the positive news Tom and congrats on the bink! Hope the run good continues both on and off the tables.
    Posted by markycash
    Thanks Mark, really appreciate you taking the time to post my good man.
    I shall persevere with the PL08, bounty hunters or not :)
    Good luck on the felt and in your studies.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Fantastic news Tom, so very, very pleased for you and your loved ones. Its nice to hear that folk on here have been supportive and you have found this to be a help, please know that you too have helped, certainly me and I'm sure many more, by writing this blog, so thank you. For one, it really puts things in perspective, and also the way you have handled yourself in the face of extreme adversity is testament to a truly remarkable character, inspiring indeed. Great result last night in the mini too, wp.
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    Hi James
    Love this, thank you.
    You probably don't realise how much you and all the guys in our little group have helped me.
    The ups and downs of my progress have been varied and being able to share these and get feedback has been a godsend, to have good people care and at times turn my mood from down to up is just great.
    Hope you and the family are doing well.
    Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The day of my dear daughter moving out arrived, I took the day off Thursday as her bf picked up the keys to their new abode and I offered to help him move his plethora of stuff.
    Filling van is a young mans game I learned...
    Dear daughter moved in yesterday, as they have no food my darling wife offered to take them for their first food shop, I was left indoors to put together some drawers from a well known household goods emporium, I thought it best to do my manly task upstairs... A feat I am not used to nowadays...
    I was quite chuffed that I actually followed the instructions this time, had enough scre ws and everything.
    This is where my day turns really really bad.
    Went downstairs where the Pug was, she was shaking and dribbling, I had left her on her own ( apart from the other dog , which she lived with at Chloe's boyfriends house for some while) she was stressed as this was a new place for her and she didn't recognise anything, no smells she could distinguish, no toys..I was mortified.
    Felt so bad as I was the cause of her feeling as she was..in my defence if I would have put the drawers together downstairs it was guaranteed she would eat a scre w or summat...ok I have no defence.
    Popped in to visit today and Pug is full of beans and back to normal, thank goodness.
    Poker is rubbish ATM , it seems my mood determines my play.
    Good luck all, be nice.x
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,168
    edited February 2017
    The day of my dear daughter moving out arrived, I took the day off Thursday as her bf picked up the keys to their new abode and I offered to help him move his plethora of stuff. Filling van is a young mans game I learned... Dear daughter moved in yesterday, as they have no food my darling wife offered to take them for their first food shop, I was left indoors to put together some drawers from a well known household goods emporium, I thought it best to do my manly task upstairs... A feat I am not used to nowadays... I was quite chuffed that I actually followed the instructions this time, had enough scre ws and everything. This is where my day turns really really bad. Went downstairs where the Pug was, she was shaking and dribbling, I had left her on her own ( apart from the other dog , which she lived with at Chloe's boyfriends house for some while) she was stressed as this was a new place for her and she didn't recognise anything, no smells she could distinguish, no toys..I was mortified. Felt so bad as I was the cause of her feeling as she was..in my defence if I would have put the drawers together downstairs it was guaranteed she would eat a scre w or summat...ok I have no defence. Popped in to visit today and Pug is full of beans and back to normal, thank goodness. Poker is rubbish ATM , it seems my mood determines my play. Good luck all, be nice.x
    Posted by tomgoodun

lol wpwp

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Good Dad, Bad Dad.
    Took the day off work yesterday as my dear daughter was expecting delivery of a cooker and she had a hospital appointment, so good old dad volunteered to stay at hers until the cooker arrived.
    I did have a cunning plan, as I was convinced I heard her bf saying the broadband and TV was being done that morning also :)
    Toddled off to dear daughters with IPad in hand, got a lovely welcome from the dog which I almost sent to doggy heaven the other day, they are so forgiving :)
    Asked what time the broadband etc is due to arrive, " oh we re-arranged that to tomorrow as we didn't want you put out waiting in for ages" .....sh.t
    The washing machine I " plumbed in" for them at the weekend got its first workout last night.
    I did a great job of screwing the plastic nut to the inlet pipe., I somehow forgot that the pipe has another end to it..which should be attached to the washing machine, that would explain the torrent of water in her kitchen when I text her to remember to turn the water on.....
    The delivery men came early so it gave me a chance to reg for an afternoon bounty hunter ( once I finished the list of jobs my darling wife had produced in the morning)
    Managed to luckbox my way to winning it :)
    Made dinner, welcomed the wife home - alls well that ends well :)
    Last hormone injection tomorrow, then wait and see what life throws at me, it's been a bit of a slog at times but I'm on the way to recovery hopefully.
    Good luck all x

• Options
    edited February 2017
    14 days since my last post, sorry avid reader.,although it is good to see the forum doing so well it's knocked my ramblings down to page 4 :)
    Not much to report health wise, which is good news I suppose in one way.
    I did have a change of tablet for an on-going issue, the doctor may or may not have told me how many tablets to take per day, it also may be written on the packet, I noticed this morning I should be taking 2 a day not one....
    Son Alex went to Disney Paris last week, I actually managed to give him a lift to Ashford - albeit with a few minor issues.." 7:30am " Have you checked the sat nav son?" " Yes of course " 7:35am " Hello Sarah, what's the way to Ashford? The sat nav isn't working"
    Luckily enough my wife has a smidgen of IT intelligence and told me to turn it off and back on again..worked a treat.
    I was informed I made Aussies tables for best roi on sky for last month, the 2 results in the mini helped ;),true to my mantra of balance in life my play this month has guaranteed my roi at a minus so happy days :)
    My dear daughter is on maternity leave / holiday now, the house she and her bf moved into is coming along nicely and she is looking like a real mum to be, so proud.
    She told me yesterday that they ARE in fact giving their child the middle name Thomas after yours truly, when I asked how come she only told me now as every time I called her bump " Little Tommy" she would say " We aren't naming him that"
    Well apparently they decided it would be fun to keep me in the dark. oh and also " someone has to carry on your awesomeness " :) So proud.
    Be nice all.x
  • Options
    ajmiltonajmilton Member Posts: 1,458
    edited February 2017
    14 days since my last post, sorry avid reader.,although it is good to see the forum doing so well it's knocked my ramblings down to page 4 :) Not much to report health wise, which is good news I suppose in one way. I did have a change of tablet for an on-going issue, the doctor may or may not have told me how many tablets to take per day, it also may be written on the packet, I noticed this morning I should be taking 2 a day not one.... Son Alex went to Disney Paris last week, I actually managed to give him a lift to Ashford - albeit with a few minor issues.." 7:30am " Have you checked the sat nav son?" " Yes of course " 7:35am " Hello Sarah, what's the way to Ashford? The sat nav isn't working" Luckily enough my wife has a smidgen of IT intelligence and told me to turn it off and back on again..worked a treat. I was informed I made Aussies tables for best roi on sky for last month, the 2 results in the mini helped ;),true to my mantra of balance in life my play this month has guaranteed my roi at a minus so happy days :) My dear daughter is on maternity leave / holiday now, the house she and her bf moved into is coming along nicely and she is looking like a real mum to be, so proud. She told me yesterday that they ARE in fact giving their child the middle name Thomas after yours truly, when I asked how come she only told me now as every time I called her bump " Little Tommy" she would say " We aren't naming him that" Well apparently they decided it would be fun to keep me in the dark. oh and also " someone has to carry on your awesomeness " :) So proud. Be nice all.x
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Luvly jubilee Tom lad, 
    Tom the bump, run well mate. 

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,376
    edited February 2017
    She told me yesterday that they ARE in fact giving their child the middle name Thomas after yours truly, when I asked how come she only told me now as every time I called her bump " Little Tommy" she would say " We aren't naming him that" Well apparently they decided it would be fun to keep me in the dark. oh and also " someone has to carry on your awesomeness " :) So proud. Be nice all.x
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Hope the full forenames are "Goodun Thomas"

Keep posting, and we promise to keep reading ;)

Nice results on the pokerz-well done
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,451
    edited February 2017

Excellent news.
  • Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    edited February 2017
    Pleased to hear your news Tom.
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,684
    edited February 2017
    Life's good Tom keep up the feelgood factor
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I like being nice to people when they come into our workplace.
    The other day a really old person came in ( even older than me, I like those the most)
    I offered my usual " Hello there, how can I be of assistance"
    They said ( in a really weak voice) " Do you make bookcases", I replied indeed we do, I will take you to the bosses office so you can discuss your requirements.
    The bosses office is up about 8 or so stairs , I was a little concerned that the elderly person wouldn't be able to make the journey, so I opened the door and and saw my boss sitting at his desk, rather than start up the stairs ( Thoughtful huh) I said in a loud ( but polite) voice " Andy there's a young gentleman here to discuss a bookcase he would like ( The elderly love being called young you see )
    I heard the week voice behind me say " I'm a woman"
    Ffffffffff..........
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,168
    edited February 2017
    'ROAR' in HD. That is all.

;-)
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited February 2017
    I like being nice to people when they come into our workplace. The other day a really old person came in ( even older than me, I like those the most) I offered my usual " Hello there, how can I be of assistance" They said ( in a really weak voice) " Do you make bookcases", I replied indeed we do, I will take you to the bosses office so you can discuss your requirements. The bosses office is up about 8 or so stairs , I was a little concerned that the elderly person wouldn't be able to make the journey, so I opened the door and and saw my boss sitting at his desk, rather than start up the stairs ( Thoughtful huh) I said in a loud ( but polite) voice " Andy there's a young gentleman here to discuss a bookcase he would like ( The elderly love being called young you see ) I heard the week voice behind me say " I'm a woman" Ffffffffff..........
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Lolz WP Tom! :)

Enjoyable read as ever.

All the best
  • Options
    ajmiltonajmilton Member Posts: 1,458
    edited February 2017
    Were you wearing your tin hat, Tom? lolz