You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cash players... please resolve this argument for me:

BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Ok... this player has basically shoved every hand, he started with £1.60 and shoved with Q9s to my UTG raise... i called with QQ and he sucked out. Then he continues shoving, i call him with A9s and he shows K6o and sucks out... he continues to shove and i call with 88 and he shows me KK which hold up... then he starts shoving again... folded round to me... call or fold?
Frosty1 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £9.54
BlackFish3 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £9.90
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

liam340 All-in   £8.65 £8.71 £0.00
von01 Fold        
STEVOSTEG Fold        
Her078 Fold        
Frosty1 Fold        

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Strat91 thinks that he would only call here with AA or KK...
  • Options
    Strat91Strat91 Member Posts: 112
    edited February 2010

This is why this is an instant fold.

Number 1: Your over 200 big blinds deep. Why would anyone in this position call off their stack with AJ regardless whether hes a top class pro or a donk shoving most hands. Just like before he could have you crushed like when he had KK.. so thats AQ AK JJ QQ KK AA your being crushed by. and 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 99 10 10, your flipping at best.

Number 2: Just pass and wait for a better situation e.g QQ KK or AA. If hes the donk shoving all in with a big range. Just wait and crush him. Your gonna get his money in the end.

Its a terrible call in my opinion. Thanks for the post though, quite interesting.

• Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash players... please resolve this argument for me::
    Strat91 thinks that he would only call here with AA or KK...
    Posted by BlackFish3
    probably should only call with those cards,but ,hel l ,put the chump out of his misery..and call.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2010
    blackfish is this a joke mate?

i am no cash player but this is a instant fold, you have only invested 4p lol

if hes as loose as you say he is and just being stupid i can guarantee you are going to get your money in as a bigger favourite
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    To me his range is any ace, any pair, any king, a lot of queens and suited connecting hands... so that makes it a profitable call... so if its a profitable call why would i fold? i dont want anyone else taking his money before i can.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2010
    its a fold mate, no matter what you put him on this is a fold all day every day every day unles you just wanna gamble and take at best a 60/40 shot or maybe only 50/50
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I can't understand a fold :S... if i assume i am a 60% favourite against his shoving range with AJs... which im fairly confident of... then why would i fold in a cash game? If i lose then i rebuy... but if i made this call 10 times i would win 6 out of 10 imo and that would equate to roughly £20 profit.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I agree with Webby and 95% of the profitable poker players in the world.. By all means im no high stakes cash player but this is a fold.
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited February 2010
    If you call here it's because he's got under your skin and not because you think it's a good idea...why gamble when you can get your money in ahead black? You're better than this!!!

BTW did you fold?

x
  • Options
    cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited February 2010
    It's a call as long as the honest range you put him on gives you at least 51% equity.  What does pokerstove say?  Against 'any 2' cards you are 66% favourite!!!!

Are you guys who are saying fold going to also fold if he turns his cards over and shows you.......
    Ax
    JT
    QK
    JK
    AT
    etc etc?
    if he is really shoving EVERY hand it's an easy call. (imho)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    it was nothing to do with him getting under my skin... i called because i felt i was 60% favourite against his range... i just dont understand why i would fold. i am now assuming it was a fold because of what others have said but if you assume you have 60% chance of winning against his range then why would you fold? Please help me to understand this.
    I assumed his range was any ace, any pair, any king, some queens and some suited cons... so that comes out as me being 60% fave... so that's why i called. I made this assumption based on the previous hands he showed.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    Its a snap call.  Anyone who says otherwise is a serious nit.
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited February 2010
    call.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

But the cards are not face up! If the cards are face up. Rake is 5% then its a call as your making 5% profit every time. But the cards wernt face up. you invested 4p just fold it, wait for a monster and crush him.

• Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited February 2010
    If he shoves every hand, its a snapper!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I agree with Webby and 95% of the profitable poker players in the world.. By all means im no high stakes cash player but this is a fold.
    Posted by Strat91
    has to be a level
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited February 2010
    so did you call then?????
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    But the cards are not face up! If the cards are face up. Rake is 5% then its a call as your making 5% profit every time. But the cards wernt face up. you invested 4p just fold it, wait for a monster and crush him.
    Posted by Strat91
    how can you crush someone who shoves ATC?  Wait for AA?

AJ is good enough.  Get it in.
  • Options
    cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited February 2010
          . I assumed his range was any ace, any pair, any king, some queens and some suited cons...    
    I thought you said he was shoving EVERY hand?
    Even with the tightened range above it's still an easy call..... anyone who disagrees is wrong i'm afraid (not often i stick my neck out that far.)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash players... please resolve this argument for me: : has to be a level
    Posted by scotty77
    To be fair I did get carried away with the percentage..