You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cash players... please resolve this argument for me:

Comments

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash players... please resolve this argument for me::
    over 200 big blinds infront of you, just forget what cash level you are playing at for 1 second!!!! this is not a call, lets pretend that they are both sat with 1k each, is it a snap call then? no it is not its an instant fold so cottlad stop making out this is a call, anyone who calls here deserves to lose!!!
    Posted by webby234
    if you are gonna be playing for £1k then obvs that is within your BRM so it would be just an easy call as if it were for £10.

webby you are so wrong....look at some of the names who have posted call and then look at the games they play.  these aren't guys who mess around on DYMs.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010

you simplified the call by paying attention to the loose players habits,

i have seen your double up stats you know the game as well as any of the rest 

of the good players on this site,

you will always be in profit the way you play and manage your br,

being a good player is easier ,

then been a good br manager !

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    Frosty1 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £9.54
    BlackFish3 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £9.90
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

liam340 All-in   £8.65 £8.71 £0.00
    von01 Fold        
    STEVOSTEG Fold        
    Her078 Fold        
    Frosty1 Fold        
    BlackFish3 Call   £8.61 £17.32 £1.29
    BlackFish3 Show
    • A
    • J

liam340 Show
    • K

Flop

• K
    • K

Turn

River

• J

liam340 Win Three Kings £16.46   £16.46
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited February 2010
    i knew that was coming........................;)
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited February 2010
    4 King h e c k mate what a luckbox this guy was.Still you made the correct call and you know it.When did this guy eventually go busto mate.dav
  • Options
    Torres1892Torres1892 Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2010
    Strat91 thinks that he would only call here with AA or KK...
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Yes very frustrating situation but i think you only have two options. 1 You leave table and play another game or 2 You call only with big pairs QQ TO AA. Idiot is just there to annoy people
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    Ouch, good call though.

Nice to see your computer's still in one piece ;o)

• Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited February 2010
    Ouch, good call though. Nice to see your computer's still in one piece ;o)
    Posted by KnackersYa
    PMSL
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    4 King h e c k mate what a luckbox this guy was.Still you made the correct call and you know it.When did this guy eventually go busto mate.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    lol he sat out after this... i didnt play anymore poker for the rest of the night... i was glad it was me with the 60% chance of a big pot and no one else though. Im sure he wont be the only maniac i might so hopefully next time ill just take them out.

The important thing is i learnt the sort of calling range i should have when playing against players that shove like 30%-40% of their range... its basically big aces... like A9s+ ATo+ and mid PP, i think it was like 77+ roughly.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Ouch, good call though. Nice to see your computer's still in one piece ;o)
    Posted by KnackersYa
    haha good pic... i just sat in the corner and cried instead.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    btw... what ever happened to 4th time lucky??
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash players... please resolve this argument for me: : if you are gonna be playing for £1k then obvs that is within your BRM so it would be just an easy call as if it were for £10. webby you are so wrong....look at some of the names who have posted call and then look at the games they play.  these aren't guys who mess around on DYMs.
    Posted by scotty77
    scotty i dont care if the higher stakes players do say its a call, this is not a call in a million years of playing poker,he has invested 4 pence into the pot, he is over 200 big blinds deep in a cash game and you think that him calling with AJ is the best chance he is going to get to get his money?

blackfish has already stated that this bloke was doing this consistently, so why oh why would you call him with AJ, why not wait a few more hands untill you know you are going to be a 70% favourite at least? the bloke had done the same move with KK so to assume he has a bad hand is just laughable, now we can see the cards yes it was a bad hand, but that could so easily have been qq or jj rather than k3 or k4!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    do you not read my posts webby? he shoved 40% of his hands since sitting down... i am over 60% favourite... im very concerned someone else will take him out so i will take any chance i get to get my entire stack in ahead of his range. Its completely irrelevant how much ive invested. Thats like saying... fold QQ here because he might have KK again and ive only invested 4p... jeeez, i thought you were a good player so you should understand this... although you did say you didn't play cash.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2010

blackfish he could have had qq or jj and you would be in very bad shape, better ways to take his money it really is that simple against players like him, you will never justify this call to me so its pointless trying to

• Options
    cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited February 2010
    I wouldn't bother arguing.
    Webby is looking at the situation through SNG goggles and also worried about losing a big pot..... rather than looking through cash goggles and happy to get into, and more often than not win a big pot.
    It's fine saying he could have AA/KK/AK etc but he also could have JT/A9/K4 etc..... when compare what he could have to what you have you are />60% favourite....... webby can't grasp this and i dare guess he doesn't play much cash......  i'll go even further and guess he plays a lot of DYM sng's?????
    Anyways, can you close this thread....... people insisting this is a fold is tilting me so hard lol :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i assume you fold all but AA then? just because he might have AA? wow you must be paranoid. With your reasoning you would probably fold everything if shoved on until you have the nuts on the river... in the mean time other people have called with big aces and he now has 1p left for you when you call his shove with the nuts.

• Options
    edited February 2010
    I wouldn't bother arguing. Webby is looking at the situation through SNG goggles and also worried about losing a big pot..... rather than looking through cash goggles and happy to get into, and more often than not win a big pot. It's fine saying he could have AA/KK/AK etc but he also could have JT/A9/K4 etc..... when compare what he could have to what you have you are />60% favourite....... webby can't grasp this and i dare guess he doesn't play much cash......  i'll go even further and guess he plays a lot of DYM sng's????? Anyways, can you close this thread....... people insisting this is a fold is tilting me so hard lol :D
    Posted by cottlad
    oit nothing wrong with playing dyms lol! haha forum tilt...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    this thread proves why cash players own SnG/MTT players so hard, no matter what format they're playing
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited February 2010
    this thread proves why cash players own SnG/MTT players so hard, no matter what format they're playing
    Posted by scotty77

i think ben nutter would disagree with that!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash players... please resolve this argument for me: : i think ben nutter would disagree with that!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Mr Nutter plays more than his fair share of cash poker :)