You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cash players... please resolve this argument for me:

Comments

• Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited February 2010

Still fold...if you had a pocket pair then call away but your hand is still unmade...do you want to gamble for all of your stack? Are you assuming that you'll hit and he wont?

In context all you have is A high here...

x

• Options
    cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited February 2010
    good grief.....
    can all those that say its a fold please back up their statement with some content.....  I fear you are passing on terrible advice.  To say you only have ace high... or you could be crushed is just plain silly.  This is cash remember, not early position on a big MTT final table lol

• Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash players... please resolve this argument for me::
    In Response to Re: Cash players... please resolve this argument for me: : I thought you said he was shoving EVERY hand? Even with the tightened range above it's still an easy call..... anyone who disagrees is wrong i'm afraid (not often i stick my neck out that far.)
    Posted by cottlad
    Wow mate, thats not like you!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    good grief..... can all those that say its a fold please back up their statement with some content.....  I fear you are passing on terrible advice.  To say you only have ace high... or you could be crushed is just plain silly.  This is cash remember, not early position on a big MTT final table lol
    Posted by cottlad
    Thats more like it!
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    Still fold...if you had a pocket pair then call away but your hand is still unmade...do you want to gamble for all of your stack? Are you assuming that you'll hit and he wont? In context all you have is A high here... x
    Posted by TRIP5
    ok so 66 vs Q7...insta call

but AJ vs Q7...insta fold

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    it's the new unindecicive me :)
  • Options
    AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
    edited February 2010
    This kind of nutter at your table is a blessing. He is trying to put everyone on tilt.

Show a lot of patience and fold almost anything until you are shoving in at your terms.

As soon as i see my cards i put a value on them pre-flop and i stick to it. Yours i would have valued at 20p tops.

Just be nice and patient until you hit a flop and he will call you then simply laugh and mug him.
  • Options
    Strat91Strat91 Member Posts: 112
    edited February 2010
    Cottlad did you not read my justification for my fold? 
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    This kind of nutter at your table is a blessing. He is trying to put everyone on tilt. Show a lot of patience and fold almost anything until you are shoving in at your terms. As soon as i see my cards i put a value on them pre-flop and i stick to it. Yours i would have valued at 20p tops. Just be nice and patient until you hit a flop and he will call you then simply laugh and mug him.
    Posted by AIRWALKER

this is amazing
  • Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited February 2010
    Its a snap call.  Anyone who says otherwise is a serious nit.
    Posted by scotty77

+1 Your crushing most of his range, if the guy even has a shoving range.
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited February 2010

get it in asap, AJss good enough to be ahead of a serial shover.

• Options
    BrownnDogBrownnDog Member Posts: 729
    edited February 2010
    There is no debate. Call, call call and more call. 
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    in Response to Re: Cash players... please resolve this argument for me::
    it's the new unindecicive me :)
    Posted by cottlad
    :)

In all seriousness, cottlad has it spot on and backs it up with sound explanation and reasoning! oh and maths!

On the face of it, it looks like a fold to many, but when you read blackfishes expo of the oppo, (of which he has a very good read) its an easy call.

Remember that this is a cash game, and a game in which blackfish will be adequately rolled. If we are in an MTT then its a different story as we are busto if we lose.

To fold in this spot, against this oppo, with the history and info we have on this player is deffo -Ev long term.

You cant always have aces or kings!
  • Options
    Strat91Strat91 Member Posts: 112
    edited February 2010
    Let me point out he didnt shove every hand... He shoving selected hands.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cottlad did you not read my justification for my fold? 
    Posted by Strat91
    Yes, but yr wrong i'm afraid.  Of course it's personal choice and whatever you choose cannot be wrong for you..... but pokerwise and mathematically it's a bad fold.

1) if you don't get his money someone else will..... and very soon...... certainly before you get dealt AA/KK
    2) we have proved that we have a minimum of 60% equity...... this is massive in nlhe.  I would quite happily take this double up spot all day and every day with 60% equity and i have absolutely no idea why anyone would turn it down????? 

Poker is a game of averages and if you get allin with an average equity of 60% or more you'll soon be retiring :)

oh and 3)......... ther are soooooooted!!!!! :)
  • Options
    LlamamanLlamaman Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2010
        equity     win     tie           pots won     pots tied   
    Hand 0:     65.393%      64.40%     01.00%         1350786717      20872070.00   { AsJs }
    Hand 1:     34.607%      33.61%     01.00%          705041543      20872070.00   { random }

Basically you have 65% equity against any random hand so its defenetly worth calling. If your still going to fold then you should drop down stakes - if you can't afford to take a 65/35 flip then you shouldn't be playing.

(PS this assumes that he is actually shoving every single hand but even if he's only shoving half the time you still have equity to call)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    IMO AJ even s is not that hot a hand!!!

Only way this is a good call is if you can see that he has Q7 and not assume...Might only be cash but it's for all of your evenings work, I'd rather have suited connectors TBH rather than A high.

Also this guy is a cardrack (for the night at least) he's already sucked out on you numerous times tonight with cr@p cards

Just like the villain I'd rather shove my stack first than call my stack off with AJ...simples

Still a fold for me boys

x
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    put it this way strat........  if someone flipped a coin and said heads or tails..... my £6 versus your £5 you'd snap his hand off right as long as you knew it wasn't rigged?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash players... please resolve this argument for me: : ok so 66 vs Q7...insta call but AJ vs Q7...insta fold LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Posted by scotty77
    Made hand v unmade hand?

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    The villain started off shoving every hand, then check folded a couple of hands and then started shoving again for a while... i think he was just bored and wanted to keep shoving or something and gamble to keep himself entertained... his pattern of play was to shove every hand until he was called (then he sucked out) and would fold a couple, then shove every hand again... he done this over and over again, i was really worried that someone else would take him out so when i had AJs in BB and everyone folded to his shove i snap called... it was a great chance to get my money in as a 60% favourite for almost a 500BB pot! My read on him was that i was on average 60% favourite.

now to add to this discussion... if he is shoving as i feel with any ace, king, pair, some queens, some suited cons... then what should you call with? i feel A9+ and 88+...