You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Brexit

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,037

t

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Breaking news : The genius and self proclaimed Brexit expert, Haysie , believes that
    everyone had a responsibility to vote in the referendum , even if you weren't sure exactly what you were voting for . Radical or stupid ? I think most of us know the answer to that .

I would say it is the politicians responsibility to present the true and accurate facts and all possible scenarios to the voting public .

I think you are just trying to justify your own position.
    I think your view of politicians is very immature, and unrealistic.
    When do they ever do what you are suggesting?
    Umm well obviously , just as you are with your views, however that doesn't make the point any less valid .
    Immature and unrealistic ? Unrealistic to expect politicians not to lie ,probably , but that says more about the state of politics in this country than it does about peoples expectations.Immature to expect people in a prominent position to tell the truth , really ?

Do you think they do then?

" when do they ever do as I'm suggesting ? " .. Obviously not enough , hence the general disenchantment with them and the generally poor turnout in elections and voting . Are you not capable of understanding that a percentage of non voters , will use that as a protest ? And before you ask another dumb question , I dont fit into that category , for reasons I've given you a million times .

The points you made to justify you actions weren't reasonable in my view, but I cant be bothered with this any more.

You stick with your justification.

Excellent news, good work Dobie.
    I am bored with it, and if I had a gang I am sure they would be too.

t

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Breaking news : The genius and self proclaimed Brexit expert, Haysie , believes that
    everyone had a responsibility to vote in the referendum , even if you weren't sure exactly what you were voting for . Radical or stupid ? I think most of us know the answer to that .

I would say it is the politicians responsibility to present the true and accurate facts and all possible scenarios to the voting public .

Umm well obviously , just as you are with your views, however that doesn't make the point any less valid .
    Immature and unrealistic ? Unrealistic to expect politicians not to lie ,probably , but that says more about the state of politics in this country than it does about peoples expectations.Immature to expect people in a prominent position to tell the truth , really ?

" when do they ever do as I'm suggesting ? " .. Obviously not enough , hence the general disenchantment with them and the generally poor turnout in elections and voting . Are you not capable of understanding that a percentage of non voters , will use that as a protest ? And before you ask another dumb question , I dont fit into that category , for reasons I've given you a million times .

The points you made to justify you actions weren't reasonable in my view, but I cant be bothered with this any more.

Did you vote in the referendum?
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Compared to you, my dog is a Brexit expert.
    I would imagine even your poor dog is glad of a bit of peace and quiet when you go out

t

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Prob is rainman, he's got history for saying things like this and reneging on it , much like his sidekick.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Your view is about as important to me ,as who's going to win a tv reality show
    HAYSIE said:

t

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Is your latest obsession " gangs" ...seriously , how many years ago did you leave the playground ?
  • rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    HAYSIE said:

t

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Yes.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

An article by Jonathon Arnott an MEP, specifically highlighting what he thinks are benefits of leaving : http://www.jonathanarnott.co.uk/2018/06/benefits-of-brexit/

I'm sure Haysie will be along shortly to point out why he's wrong about all of it :D

Why don't you point out the things that you agree with, Mr Masterclass, that is such a superb debater, that he finds it impossible to answer any simple question.
    Who said I agree with any of it ..it is merely another viewpoint from someone else to give this thread balance . What do you not understand about that ?
    Why do you think that posting views that you clearly have no opinion of, and don't understand furthers this debate in any way.
    The first point he makes suggesting that The Government are forced to seek tenders for projects as a result of being EU members, and wont have to after leaving is completely invalid as The Government have clearly said that they intend to continue with tenders after we leave.
    You cant really argue with tendering being a sensible option.
    The European company that have been chosen to produce our new blue passports, was £120million cheaper than the British company that currently has the contract.
    So unless you are in favour of the taxpayer being robbed, then tenders are good.
    A more important question is why the British company was 25% more expensive.

His second point regarding vat doesn't make sense to me.
    He is saying that a UK company selling their products in Sweden has to charge vat at 25% which is the rate in Sweden.
    Citing postage costs and the vat as barriers to trade.
    How could you deliver your products to Sweden without postage costs?
    Any competitors in Sweden, or any other EU member country, would have to charge vat at the same rate, and therefore provide a level playing field.

To quote difficulties facing companies that haven't met the vat threshold is misleading, as this means they are the very smallest of companies, whose turnover is very, very small.

His third point deals with compliance like this is something that wont apply to free trade deals with other countries.

I am bored with this now.

You got any opinions or thoughts?

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

At least I have got a view.

HAYSIE said:

t

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Yes.
    How come you knew more than your fellow gang member

HAYSIE said:

t

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Is your latest obsession " gangs" ...seriously , how many years ago did you leave the playground ?
    I haven't got a gang.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

An article by Jonathon Arnott an MEP, specifically highlighting what he thinks are benefits of leaving : http://www.jonathanarnott.co.uk/2018/06/benefits-of-brexit/

I'm sure Haysie will be along shortly to point out why he's wrong about all of it :D

Why don't you point out the things that you agree with, Mr Masterclass, that is such a superb debater, that he finds it impossible to answer any simple question.
    Who said I agree with any of it ..it is merely another viewpoint from someone else to give this thread balance . What do you not understand about that ?
    Why do you think that posting views that you clearly have no opinion of, and don't understand furthers this debate in any way.
    The first point he makes suggesting that The Government are forced to seek tenders for projects as a result of being EU members, and wont have to after leaving is completely invalid as The Government have clearly said that they intend to continue with tenders after we leave.
    You cant really argue with tendering being a sensible option.
    The European company that have been chosen to produce our new blue passports, was £120million cheaper than the British company that currently has the contract.
    So unless you are in favour of the taxpayer being robbed, then tenders are good.
    A more important question is why the British company was 25% more expensive.

His second point regarding vat doesn't make sense to me.
    He is saying that a UK company selling their products in Sweden has to charge vat at 25% which is the rate in Sweden.
    Citing postage costs and the vat as barriers to trade.
    How could you deliver your products to Sweden without postage costs?
    Any competitors in Sweden, or any other EU member country, would have to charge vat at the same rate, and therefore provide a level playing field.

To quote difficulties facing companies that haven't met the vat threshold is misleading, as this means they are the very smallest of companies, whose turnover is very, very small.

His third point deals with compliance like this is something that wont apply to free trade deals with other countries.

I am bored with this now.

You got any opinions or thoughts?
    Strange , you keep saying that yet it doesn't prevent you from responding . There you go , theres a thought !

t

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Prob is rainman, he's got history for saying things like this and reneging on it , much like his sidekick.
    I haven't.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Just because one doesn't express a view doesn't mean they haven't got one !

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

I would imagine even your poor dog is glad of a bit of peace and quiet when you go out
    He knows more about Brexit than you.
  • rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

t

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Yes.
    How come you knew more than your fellow gang member
    Grow up.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

And if he was registered to vote in the referendum, he would have.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

And if he was registered to vote in the referendum, he would have.
    Do you not think it's a bit early to be drinking ?

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Just because one doesn't express a view doesn't mean they haven't got one !
    Really, isn't that the point of a forum?
    Isnt visiting a forum and saying I have got views, but I am not telling you what they are, pointless?
    And probably a lie?
    edited December 2018
    Interesting referendum results by region :

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/find-information-by-subject/elections-and-referendums/past-elections-and-referendums/eu-referendum/electorate-and-count-information

I understand that Haysie would rather talk about his long suffering dog and gangs .