You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Edges £100 to £1000 challenge.

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    Well I'm totally aghast at the past week.

One small cash in a £5.50 freezeout has left the bankroll under £130 for the first time in a while and whilst I'm no @misterpj, variance has not only been knocking me about, it's been kicking me in the gonads and stamping on my prostrate form lying helplessly by the river.

To be really honest if the next 7 days is as bad I may well be tempted to withdraw any funds and take a time out, especially as I don't require an invitation to "tilt central", where there's usually a train waiting to depart to bustville.

I can't really moan about many of the beats because the villain has reason to call / shove. Usually its an overpair to my 2 pair which is fair enough or an open ender with a big fl draw etc. However the ones that really do irk me are the shoves with 8 3o or 9 5o etc which lately have always seemed to turn into winners and usually in critical spots such as the bubble or a bounty spot.

I feel that this all started a couple of weeks back when aspects of my play were rightly highlighted on here and I'm getting a feeling that in an attempt to correct those elements of preflop, I'm left playing a range that I'm not comfortable with and a style that seems to get me into trouble for bigger pots with bigger hands.

So this week I'm going to go back to the small ball poker that I have played in the past but with a nod to less limping and also trying to keep to a tighter range and being positionally aware.

Wont be playing Tomorrow (Sat) as I'm off to Chester races which means too much beer to see the laptop properly by the time I get back. 08.35 train out of Stoke, breakfast in Chester (pub) then a slow stroll to the course stopping at several hostelries, expensive beer on the course then slow meander for the 19.55 home.

Last years total 14 pints who;s taking the over/under this year.

Have fun, rungood

Mark

• Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,035
    As the weather is set to be fine I'll take the overs Mark. Have a great day and bag plenty of winners
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    It,'ll turn Mark.
    Have a great and profitable day ...overs🤪
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,524
    I'm on the Overs.
  • Options
    Brilliant day out yesterday, backed 5 out of 7 winners and 16 pints.

Why though do some people have to take "football hooligan" mentality to the races? I saw several instances of suited and booted men exchanging blows, usually amongst their own groups, really pathetic.

Chester High Street on raceday is an incredible experience. I could've sat there all day with a few beers just watching some of the "Characters". Special mention to the Hindu drummer, the buskers playing acid house and trance, the pork pie juggler and the street pastors.

Have fun and rungood

Mark.
  • Options

Brilliant day out yesterday, backed 5 out of 7 winners and 16 pints.

Why though do some people have to take "football hooligan" mentality to the races? I saw several instances of suited and booted men exchanging blows, usually amongst their own groups, really pathetic.

Chester High Street on raceday is an incredible experience. I could've sat there all day with a few beers just watching some of the "Characters". Special mention to the Hindu drummer, the buskers playing acid house and trance, the pork pie juggler and the street pastors.

Have fun and rungood

Mark.

My guess would be alcohol, or recreational drugs.
  • Options
    Unfortunately due to real life circumstances I've had to withdraw the bulk of my bankroll so to all intents and purposes this thread is no longer going to be active.

Thanks to everybody who contributed to it, I had real fun doing it but as I've only got £8.43 left on account its going to be freerolls and micros for the foreseeable future.

Until some point in the future have fun and rungood.

Mark
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Have enjoyed following Mark and I hope real life isn't being too unkind to you.

Don't forget, @gr0wapear recently managed to turn a similar amount into £100+ so it doesn't necessarily mean online poker retirement :)

Best of luck to you on and off the felt.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Sorry to hear that Mark. I hope you can return and have another crack at this in the future.

Both @zenbudhist and I hope you don't stop posting on the forum. All the best.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    ^^^

I would echo the sentiments expressed above. Take care.
  • Options

Ugh, that sucks Mark.

Don't be a stranger though mate.

Fingers crossed you'll be back on top of things again soon.
  • Options
    Well just when you thought it was an Edge free zone, I was able to deposit a small amount (£30) and promptly won the 21.15 deepstack for £41.

Seriously you couldnt write it.

Dont know whether Im going to play with a goal in mind or just play occassionally and have myself some cheap fun.

Whatever, Ill put it here for your amusement.

Have fun and rungood.

Mark
  • Options

Great to see you are back, Mark, & life is on the up.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Welcome back Mark. Nice win.
  • Options
    Should have been 2 for 2 after last nights 23-15 deep but @pompey1984 spiked a river J to beat me to the win.

Still 2nd for £22 is ok by me. May play tomorrow depending on what time I finish.

MTTs so far.
    Played 2. Final Tabled 2. Won 1.

Have fun and rungood

Mark
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Back with a heater it seems.

Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,365
    Ive just updated my read of this thread. and when I got to this bit..

Unfortunately due to real life circumstances I've had to withdraw the bulk of my bankroll so to all intents and purposes this thread is no longer going to be active.

Thanks to everybody who contributed to it, I had real fun doing it but as I've only got £8.43 left on account its going to be freerolls and micros for the foreseeable future.

Until some point in the future have fun and rungood.

Mark

I shouted at the screen ," £8 is enough, you can do it again, dont give up...".

I read some more and its a nice job sir.

Just dont go crazy.

• Options
    Thanks for all the positive feedback folks, Sincerely I'm really moved that some of you might actually miss my ramblings.

As for tonight I completely butchered the 23.15 deep meaning I had to win a £2.20 sng in order to cover the loss, hey, job done.

In fact I really enjoy the regular sng tourneys and may play them more often. I think the format suits my aggressive style rather than the dyms. My only real concern would be the lack of traffic and the proliferation of regs may make the scenario -EV.

Have fun and rungood

Mark
  • Options
    Due to work commitments didnt get home til 12.20 so missed the last deepy. Reg'd for the 1.00 am freezeout instead and................................binked it for £54.25.

Talk about a fish on a heater, I know its all gonna come crashing down but heck I'm going to milk it on all six nipples until it does.

This week
    4 dym, 2 cash
    5 mtts, 3 final tables, 2 wins, 1 cash
    3 sng, 1 win, 1 2nd
    3 spin up X X X

profit £102.10

Note to self. STOP PLAYING SPIN UPS YOU MORON.

Have fun and rungood

Mark

• Options

Ha, scenes.

Well done mate, keep it going.