You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Duesenberg Twitch Stream

Comments

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Great stuff mate will try to check in as much as possible
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    68Trebor said:

Just wondering why you doing the cash challenge on another site.

Several reasons really.

Firstly, a lack of downloadable hand histories on Sky makes it's harder to keep accurate track of results. I would't just be able to use my account balance as a gauge as I would also want to be able to play in other stakes/games outside of the scope of a bankroll challenge over that period.

Secondly, it's the site I used to play most on before moving to Sky a few years ago. I used to be a winner there but times change and games get tougher, so there's a sense of curiosity and the challenge of the unknown. I'd be 99.99% certain I could do this on Sky which makes it a little less interesting to me as a proposition.

Thirdly, I find Sky extra tough as a site to stream which, is principally due to the lack of timebanks. I wanted the option to fire up an occasional low-key stream that is more relaxing to me and less mentally draining over all.

Finally, I thought might be good to try and reach an audience that isn't almost exclusively Sky players. I actually think this might potentially benefit Sky as any new followers I pick up from the challenge will then be more likely to be exposed to Sky poker games - in terms of total hours streamed, I fully expect Sky to still account for the lions share of my (admittedly casual) streaming efforts.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,393
    Great news your ramping up the stream. Hopefully I can make it tonight.
  • Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 128
    You’re starting a BR challenge when you can’t beat 2NL????
  • Options

I've put in over 2,000 hours of intensive study work on Piosolver leading up to this challenge in the hope that I might finally be able to scale the mountain that is 2nl.

As you well know, times change and games get tougher. Do you get all misty-eyed looking back at the days when you used to win tournaments?
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,304

I've put in over 2,000 hours of intensive study work on Piosolver leading up to this challenge in the hope that I might finally be able to scale the mountain that is 2nl.

As you well know, times change and games get tougher. Do you get all misty-eyed looking back at the days when you used to win tournaments?
    Miaooooowwwww
  • Options
    Going Live in 5 folks :)

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    Hi dues ,
    Watching & good luck!!
  • Options
    9's seem to be your cards!
  • Options
    Glenelg said:

Hi dues ,
    Watching & good luck!!

Thanks for popping by @Glenelg.

I still feel like a bit of a berk most of the time when doing this so any support is always hugely appreciated :)

Thanks also to everyone else who tuned in and I'll be back on tomorrow at 6:30pm. One little amendment from my earlier post is that my HU match with @Allan23 will now be kicking off a touch earlier at 6:40.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Just seen the QQ fold from last night early in the main, top stuff
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

Just seen the QQ fold from last night early in the main, top stuff

Hey Dues..having just had my all in call of QQ crushed by original shove of k6suited...K on the turn in the vegas semi last night....You need to teach me how to fold QQ: my bogey hand forever but I just can't seem to put them down!! :#
  • Options
    I'm just glad someone else called after I folded those queens so I got to look like a true poker genius. Without that I'd have expected half my viewers to instantly unfollow and never tune in again to the tragic old nit I would have appeared to be :D
  • Options
    I might try and provide some appropriate(and politically correct) jokes for the thread later....

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282

Glenelg said:

Hi dues ,
    Watching & good luck!!

Thanks for popping by @Glenelg.

I still feel like a bit of a berk most of the time when doing this so any support is always hugely appreciated :)

Thanks also to everyone else who tuned in and I'll be back on tomorrow at 6:30pm. One little amendment from my earlier post is that my HU match with @Allan23 will now be kicking off a touch earlier at 6:40.
    Any chance you can delay the start until 6.42? It sometimes takes me 2 minutes to get the laptop wound up and running properly and I would hate to miss the first heads up game like I did when you massacred @Essexphil.
  • Options
    The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392
    Playing heads up cash on stream is mental! You're giving so much edge away.

I'll be on after 8.30. Hope you haven't crashed out of everything by then.
  • Options
    Don't worry @Enut, it's a best of 5 match tonight so you should have the better part of a 10 minute window to catch some of the action before @Allan23 has been sent packing ;)

On that note, live in 5...

• Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    The--Don said:

Playing heads up cash on stream is mental! You're giving so much edge away.

I'll be on after 8.30. Hope you haven't crashed out of everything by then.

Luckily he's mainly an MTT player now, so HU scenarios don't come around often for him
  • Options
    @Duesenberg watching again tonite (not sure how to twitch, will google tomoz) good luck with main mini bonus btw
  • Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    Cool stream dues good for the site I imagine as well, enjoyed having a quick punt at the 10nl has been a while, I imagine if you added a forum cash game stream every so often and advertised on here with a bit of notice would get decent amount of new followers/participation. Gl at the tables