You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Duesenberg Twitch Stream

Comments

• Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Great job mate. I was a silent watcher :D
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
    Very well played especially streaming must have been a bit of pressure there too, well done Dues
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,038
    Well played Dues, just watched the final hand and was expecting a bit more fruitiness :)>:)
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words guys. I'm now a little concerned I've peaked too soon with this streaming malarkey and it's going to be quite a task to improve on last night!

When it comes to viewers being able to adjust the resolution of the stream, it appears to depend on how much bandwidth Twitch has available at any given time, which is why it was an option last week but not last night. However, that situation may be improved for future streams because following last nights broadcast I received an email from Twitch informing me I have qualified to become a 'Twitch affiliate'. As a Twitch affiliate my streams will receive a higher level of priority in their system when it comes to available bandwidth so hopefully you guys will have the option to select whatever setting best work for you more often than not. It also means that the kind and generous sounding @The--Don will be able to officially subscribe to my channel should he still wish (just bear with me a day or 2 first as I still need to get that set up though!) :).
  • Options
    NoEa5yCa5hNoEa5yCa5h Member Posts: 608
    Very well played and another good stream (another silent watcher).
  • Options
    The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words guys. I'm now a little concerned I've peaked too soon with this streaming malarkey and it's going to be quite a task to improve on last night!

When it comes to viewers being able to adjust the resolution of the stream, it appears to depend on how much bandwidth Twitch has available at any given time, which is why it was an option last week but not last night. However, that situation may be improved for future streams because following last nights broadcast I received an email from Twitch informing me I have qualified to become a 'Twitch affiliate'. As a Twitch affiliate my streams will receive a higher level of priority in their system when it comes to available bandwidth so hopefully you guys will have the option to select whatever setting best work for you more often than not. It also means that the kind and generous sounding @The--Don will be able to officially subscribe to my channel should he still wish (just bear with me a day or 2 first as I still need to get that set up though!) :).

I'll be delighted to subscribe. You will need to get a handful of subscribers before you receive any payments though. I can't remember the numbers but you need to get a certain amount before Twitch share the spoils with you.
  • Options
    miniman88miniman88 Member Posts: 134
    I’ve not had any issues with ‘lag’ when it comes to the stream, not sure why a lot of people are having issues, maybe it’s on their side
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    No lag for me either. It looks like a wifi issue as the only time I have experienced lag is whilst on my phone in the room that is furthest away from my router.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,392
    The toilets covered then.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    waller02 said:

No lag for me either. It looks like a wifi issue as the only time I have experienced lag is whilst on my phone in the room that is furthest away from my router.

This is the issue for me too. My front room is some way away from my office where the router is. (slight brag?)

I spoke to my broadband provider yesterday and apparently (and apologies to all for my lack of 'techiness' here) the router sends out signal at 2.4GHz and 5Ghz simultaneously, they have now changed the router setting so that it now sends out at 2.4GHz and 5GHz on two separate channels, the 2.4GHz is better if you are a long way from the router.

I haven't tried twitch but certainly it streams youtube videos much better now so I am hopeful I may have solved the lag issue.

On a side note my fibre speed is not as quick as it should be which is being investigated but I am hopeful the change to two separate signals has resolved the issue.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    Congrats on the win - Missed it unfortunately but will watch again soon
  • Options
    SMARTGOATSMARTGOAT Member Posts: 477
    Congrats on the win - the stream was really entertaining and worth staying up for. Would you have taken a shot at the main without the stream? Stream run good confirmed - looking forward to the next one.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Well done.

Let me know when will suit to play our HU match. Today, Wed b4 8pm or Thursday fine for me...

Hi Phil.

Sorry to take a little while getting back to you. Can I take a rain check until next week sometime? I'll be around/online before then but I'm not sure exactly when. Monday about 7-ish could be perfect but another day next week would work if you're around at all? :)
  • Options
    The lag thing is weird but it's not always just down to strength of ones internet connection. I had a little experiment whereby I had 2 laptops side-by-side and streamed Jaime Staples in 1080p on both at the same time. The older, lower spec machine wasn't happy at all but the new beefy one had no trouble with it at all :/.

Hopefully my new found status at Twitch means it'll mostly be a non-issue moving forward :).
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Wins the main then gets too big time to play Phil!

It's tricky to fit him in between my other HU battles with Phil Galfond and LLinusLLove.

Ballers gonna baller ;)
  • Options
    SMARTGOAT said:

Congrats on the win - the stream was really entertaining and worth staying up for. Would you have taken a shot at the main without the stream? Stream run good confirmed - looking forward to the next one.

Playing the Main often figures in my sessions tbh (not that my sessions are hugely regular these days!). The win on Monday was attempt #136 at a £33 buy-in here on Sky, so finally taking one down rather felt like getting a monkey off my back frankly :).

Streaming is tough though and I certainly don't play as well when I have all the distractions associated with streaming in place, so I was keen to keep the stakes lower overall for at least the first few streams. The main will probably figure more often than not moving forward.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,304

Essexphil said:

Well done.

Let me know when will suit to play our HU match. Today, Wed b4 8pm or Thursday fine for me...

Hi Phil.

Sorry to take a little while getting back to you. Can I take a rain check until next week sometime? I'll be around/online before then but I'm not sure exactly when. Monday about 7-ish could be perfect but another day next week would work if you're around at all? :)
    Perhaps one of your management team could sort your diary for you? 👹💩👹
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,077

Essexphil said:

Well done.

Hi Phil.

Monday, 7-ish sounds fine.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Well done.

Hi Phil.

Monday, 7-ish sounds fine.
    Excellent stuff. I've just sent you a pm Phil to iron out the fine details :)