You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Duesenberg Twitch Stream

Comments

• Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    See the you tube music polis has caught up with you already, maybe for the best :) .
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    SR23 said:

Enjoyed what I saw of the stream dude. I may have a stab at twitching some 10/20 nl. How easy is it to set up and get going? And do you think it's worth doing?

I'm still pretty clueless regarding all things Twitch and have only ever been a very casual viewer of content on there, but I still found it fairly straightforward to get a stream up and running. I don't know what your computer set-up is like but I think it would be a real struggle to do it without a second screen/monitor, so bear that in mind. The only things I personally needed to spend money on to get going were a webcam and a gaming headset (I needed the latter for the mic specifically), and the pair came in at under £35 in total on Amazon - they were both bargain basement jobs but seemed good enough for a basic first time streamer. All software and artwork/overlay stuff is freely available online and, as ever, Google and Youtube are your best friends when it comes to working out how to put it all together. If you want more specifics then I'm more than happy to help either through this thread or pm me if you wish.

As for whether it's worth it, I'd say yes. Although a little daunting I found it fun doing the stream and thanks to this forum you'll have a ready made and supportive audience, which is far more than most other first time poker streamers could hope for. I also really enjoyed process of figuring out the mechanics of streaming and picking up a few new skills along the way.

One of Sky's biggest USP's for me is its sense of community and I think encouraging more players to stream on Twitch could be a great way to foster that spirit. Wouldn't it be awesome if every night of the week there was a familiar name/face from the Sky streets live streaming and plenty others hanging out for some lighthearted fun and banter?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

SR23 said:

Enjoyed what I saw of the stream dude. I may have a stab at twitching some 10/20 nl. How easy is it to set up and get going? And do you think it's worth doing?

I'm still pretty clueless regarding all things Twitch and have only ever been a very casual viewer of content on there, but I still found it fairly straightforward to get a stream up and running. I don't know what your computer set-up is like but I think it would be a real struggle to do it without a second screen/monitor, so bear that in mind. The only things I personally needed to spend money on to get going were a webcam and a gaming headset (I needed the latter for the mic specifically), and the pair came in at under £35 in total on Amazon - they were both bargain basement jobs but seemed good enough for a basic first time streamer. All software and artwork/overlay stuff is freely available online and, as ever, Google and Youtube are your best friends when it comes to working out how to put it all together. If you want more specifics then I'm more than happy to help either through this thread or pm me if you wish.

As for whether it's worth it, I'd say yes. Although a little daunting I found it fun doing the stream and thanks to this forum you'll have a ready made and supportive audience, which is far more than most other first time poker streamers could hope for. I also really enjoyed process of figuring out the mechanics of streaming and picking up a few new skills along the way.

One of Sky's biggest USP's for me is its sense of community and I think encouraging more players to stream on Twitch could be a great way to foster that spirit. Wouldn't it be awesome if every night of the week there was a familiar name/face from the Sky streets live streaming and plenty others hanging out for some lighthearted fun and banter?
    Is ways of recouping this expense
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    MattBates said:

SR23 said:

He could try winning tournaments? :wink:

Just loaded the video to watch today, looking forward to it!

You look like a cross between Jason Statham and Karl Pilkington
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

MattBates said:

SR23 said:

Feel we need to be more realistic.
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    You've probably realised this already but in case you haven't, the audio has been muted for most of the replay for copyright on the songs. I'm currently watching you miss value bets in silence.

Not sure if it's the same for Twitch but YouTube have a huge bank of copyright-free tracks in all genre for people to use in their videos. Long time since I've used them but YouTube Audio Library I think it was.

Vwp on doing this btw!
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    As for the lag, I'm not sure exactly what the reason was and I don't think it happened to all, but I suspect it was more of an issue for those on mobiles or iPads. Let me know if you found it buggy and what device you were on and I'll look further into it.

I was on a laptop but quite a long way from the router, normally it's OK playing like that (in front of TV and being sociable with the other half) but it just couldn't cope with 4 tables and your stream yesterday.

I enjoyed what I saw and hope you do it again, hopefully next time I'll be on a non poker night (for me) and be able to sneak a better watch.

Shame if the music gets ditched, generally your taste in music was acceptable!
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228

SR23 said:

This is a fab, comprehensive reply, thanks very much. Lots for me to think about, including whether or not I should get a monitor and other equipment and if it's worth putting my 10/20nl secrets (x/r turns w/draws, basically) out there.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

As it seems to have been well received and was also fun to do from my end, I'll be giving this another go. For now the plan is to make this a regular thing on Monday evenings but there may be other occasional random times thrown in too.

For those who experienced lag, I'll try the next stream with lower broadcast settings. This will hopefully make it more accessible for all with the only drawback (albeit a serious one!) being that my devilish good looks are no longer broadcast into your homes in full crystal-clear high definition. Apparently, once you're a more popular and established streamer, viewers can pick their own video quality settings and watch at whatever frame rate best works for them, so if you'd all like to shill like mad on my behalf I'll be able to please everyone in next to no time! For now though, you're all forced to watch at whatever quality settings I broadcast at.

When it comes to music, it's a tough call. Twitch mute the majority of the stream for replay purposes due to copyright issues but, for those watching in real time, I think it's probably more enjoyable to have familiar popular tracks in the background (but for me being partial to a bit of Steps :blush:). I assume if I posted the full stream on Youtube I'd have the same issue? Maybe I'll try a bit of copyright free music in the next stream and ask the audience which they prefer.

Hopefully I'll see you all back for round 2 next Monday :).
  • Options
    edited February 2020

MattBates said:

SR23 said:

I'm 50% happy with this. That Statham bloke is a right eyesore though :D
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    I had lag issues with another Twitch stream on Sunday. But after electrocuting myself changing a light fitting and tripping all the fuses, the router restarted and it was perfect from there. So I’d try that if you’re having issues, without the electrocution bit which **** hurts and is a little scary :D

Your layouts/overlays looked very good, would like to know what tools you used to build this up.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    I have the answer to your music copyright issue......Just play your guitar throughout your next broadcast while playing 10 tables and answering random chat box questions. #sorted.

Enjoyed having your stream on in the background last night. It is YOUR broadcast, so enjoy doing it your way. BTW, did we have a LL in the FTT games last night?....My score was 18. Did you get your score under 3 figures? ;);)
  • Options
    bbMike said:

I had lag issues with another Twitch stream on Sunday. But after electrocuting myself changing a light fitting and tripping all the fuses, the router restarted and it was perfect from there. So I’d try that if you’re having issues, without the electrocution bit which **** hurts and is a little scary :D

Your layouts/overlays looked very good, would like to know what tools you used to build this up.

Good to see you survived last nights brush with death :D

Glad you liked the overlays. They were very simply done and mostly consist of me just layering image and text files on top of one another within OBS. I only used 2 things outside of OBS. Firstly, I went to cooltext.com for the text element of the 'DUESENBERG' logo. Secondly, I downloaded 'gimp' which is a free equivalent to photoshop. This was used to create the red lines you see above and below my logo and those same lines were then used for a border around the table area in the overlay.

As it was all new to me, I probably did everything in a very clunky and inefficient way, but trial and error prevailed enough to create something functional and not too horrific on the eye :).
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

I have the answer to your music copyright issue......Just play your guitar throughout your next broadcast while playing 10 tables and answering random chat box questions. #sorted.

Enjoyed having your stream on in the background last night. It is YOUR broadcast, so enjoy doing it your way. BTW, did we have a LL in the FTT games last night?....My score was 18. Did you get your score under 3 figures? ;);)

I do actually have a good few hours worth of me playing on original compositions from back in the day, but I think using that as my background music would be taking narcissism to a whole new level :D

Glad you enjoyed the stream. Does 'LL' stand for lifetime low? Pretty sure I produced personal best high score in last nights FTT's :D
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,298
    Enut said:

As for the lag, I'm not sure exactly what the reason was and I don't think it happened to all, but I suspect it was more of an issue for those on mobiles or iPads. Let me know if you found it buggy and what device you were on and I'll look further into it.

I was on a laptop but quite a long way from the router, normally it's OK playing like that (in front of TV and being sociable with the other half) but it just couldn't cope with 4 tables and your stream yesterday.

I enjoyed what I saw and hope you do it again, hopefully next time I'll be on a non poker night (for me) and be able to sneak a better watch.

I had more lag than an East end villain....started on an iPad, 5 seconds then frozen , repeat...moved to a Mac...slightly better but not enough to warrant staying to watch..sorry..any thoughts for next time

I did refresh it twice btw
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,353
    madprof said:

Enut said:

I had more lag than an East end villain....started on an iPad, 5 seconds then frozen , repeat...moved to a Mac...slightly better but not enough to warrant staying to watch..sorry..any thoughts for next time

I did refresh it twice btw

You needed to turn it off and on again, man.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    I watched it through my firestick on TV it was fine, Gimps a great bit of free software.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Off to Google gimp. Reminds me of when my then 8 year old daughter was assigned homework to research Prince Albert. We quickly learned how to turn on the parental controls after that.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
    bbMike said:

Off to Google gimp. Reminds me of when my then 8 year old daughter was assigned homework to research Prince Albert. We quickly learned how to turn on the parental controls after that.

Don't do it. Please don't go there.