You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Horses for Cheltenham

Comments

• Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited February 2012
    if you wait till the day bet 365 and others will pay extra places if your backing ew in big h/caps
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited February 2012
    any further word on Fingal Bay? i know you fancy him alot and have ante post vouchers. He was pushed out to 20 odd on the machine last night due to Hobbs confirming injury scare, i havent yet checked for the latest news? ive had him as a hyped up horse for the neptune and will be taking him on but i certainly want a horse of his potential to line up the race 100 per cent from a viewing perspective so hoepfully hes comes ok out the other end eh?
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,306
    edited February 2012
    He has an injuired hamstring Bell and hobbs is monitoring him daily.

Enough for me to leave him alone if he does run
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    i was taking him on before the scare news tbh hes one of my lays of the meeting but would rather he got there and got there A-OK so no excuses when Sous Le Cieux runs all over him
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    BET 365 just gone NRNB for Festival and with Best odds guaranteed they are worth a look

Father V
  • Options
    edited February 2012

they dont go BOG for ante post surely do they?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    so the adonis is a great marker for the triumph. not me this year im afraid. ill count my ante post on dildar as a beaten docket. liked the way ruby ran him in a novicey way first time out, let him correct his own mistakes almost, then over the last gave him one whack and he picked up well . thought he'd improve tenfold for that but he went backward. cant have baby mix come march. ill be looking to ireland now for the winner, namely gordon elliots charge SHADOW CATCHER. shrewdies have put up a 16/1 shot darroun, trained by Willie Mullins no less, as a dark horse, well Shadow Catcher had him behind before and he'd be my idea now for a top trianer who can ready a handful or so of runners who he brings over for the festival, and he's about 16/1 himself.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    YES THEY DO BELL
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham:
    Minsk for the triumph hurdle but back it before it runs on saturday, as you wont get anywhere near the price it is now.
    Posted by tallboy
    the perils of not only ante post betting, but betting on a horse before he's jumped hurdles in public. minsk was awful over them, stood way off each time slowing down and losing 2-3 lengths over the last alone.

the irish were ranting and raving about him at home. 16's now available if your confident they could school him well enough in the next fortnight or so. certainly not for me
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    i suppose it makes sense then for BET365 to go BOG 2 weeks in advance, there wont be too many drifters ante post if they line up on the day anyway and it'll draw punters in. but i never knew it existed, just thought it was for on the day betting, if a bigger price then they'll pay out at that price. you learn something new everyday then!

the supreme novices looks a perfect heat to take advantage of this. currently 8/1 the field in places, could see one or 2 of even the more fancied ones at this stage getting bigger by a point or 2 come off time
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Two more to add to Cheltenham

Baby Mix, Triumph all others have had their bubbles burst . Tom George might have one two because West Brit also useful 

Hunt Ball, he will be at bottom of handicap and is improving all the time. Handicapper wont catch up with him yet

Father V
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Bell you cant lose with them!!!!!

unless you pick the wrong horses LOL
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited February 2012
    any further word on Fingal Bay? i know you fancy him alot and have ante post vouchers. He was pushed out to 20 odd on the machine last night due to Hobbs confirming injury scare, i havent yet checked for the latest news? ive had him as a hyped up horse for the neptune and will be taking him on but i certainly want a horse of his potential to line up the race 100 per cent from a viewing perspective so hoepfully hes comes ok out the other end eh?
    Posted by BELL_POKER
     bell i have no ante post vouchers on fingal bay thank god,,not going to run,,,the reason i didnt do any ante post was because the horse is so ground dependant,and as a rule i dont bet much ante post,,just one or two normally ,,my main one this year is MIDNIGHT CHASE
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    stranger things have happened, but if you put a gun to my head (tempting thought i know) id say he wont go, when you hear the 'hes a grand horse and we dont want to risk him if not 100 per cent' then the writings on the wall. and the correct verdict may i add, horses well being is of course paramount
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Just done my first tranche of horses NRNB and BOG

Got to put some more money in my account now for the rest
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    i tipped this one up on new years day on different thread but my bet of the week is SEA OF THUNDER in the albert bartlett. 10/1 best price. watch his last race at cheltenham you can get access via sportinglife , bounded 8 lengths clear of 2 next time out winners, had the race in the bag before overjumping the last. ran no race over shorter trip last time in boston bobs race in ireland but better ground and trip will bring out best in him , previous course form (which might haave well as been put in the history books as a 1 rather than UR) vitally important too. as i said ive been waiting on backing him in this since that unfortunate ending - gary nutting from ATTHERACES  who puts up some smart fancies on his blog has since gone with him also, and makes a good comparison to the fantastic weapons amnesty from the same stable, whos record going into winning his albertt bartlett in 2009 was pretty similar.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    MINSK officially out of triumph, came back and they found a throat infection, dose of antibotics for next fortnight, going back to John Oxx's stable for a tilt at the flat again, before renewing a place with Dessie Hughes' stable next season for another novice hurdle campaign. doesnt escape his awkward, unfluent hurdling technique but still no mean feat going down by a neck when clearly not 100 per cent. ill be pretty confident **** be ante post fav for next years supreme , and more than likely before being seen over hurdles again!!!
  • Options
    tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited February 2012
    MINSK officially out of triumph, came back and they found a throat infection, dose of antibotics for next fortnight, going back to John Oxx's stable for a tilt at the flat again, before renewing a place with Dessie Hughes' stable next season for another novice hurdle campaign. doesnt escape his awkward, unfluent hurdling technique but still no mean feat going down by a neck when clearly not 100 per cent. ill be pretty confident **** be ante post fav for next years supreme , and more than likely before being seen over hurdles again!!!
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Not sure what race you watched but he only jumped the last poorly im my opinion and if he had jumped it better would still have won, considering he had a virus and was running on ground he had never won on before soft /heavy, and was almost certainly going to get good ground at Cheltenham it was worth the investment Ante Post. All the reports in Ireland were saying this horse was the real deal,  he was still improving on the flat, to then send him jumping so soon meant he had to be a seriously good horse, im sure Dessie Hughes knows a decent horse when he see one.
  • Options
    cleansweepcleansweep Member Posts: 598
    edited February 2012
    I don't know how !!!!!
    But I'm top of the naps table at the minute!!!!
    The one horse I really really hope wins at Cheltenham is

Champion Court

I rate the horse, the trainer and the stable!
    If there is any justice, the horse will do all its connections proud!
  • Options
    cleansweepcleansweep Member Posts: 598
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for Cheltenham : Not sure what race you watched but he only jumped the last poorly im my opinion and if he had jumped it better would still have won, considering he had a virus and was running on ground he had never won on before soft /heavy, and was almost certainly going to get good ground at Cheltenham it was worth the investment Ante Post. All the reports in Ireland were saying this horse was the real deal,  he was still improving on the flat, to then send him jumping so soon meant he had to be a seriously good horse, im sure Dessie Hughes knows a decent horse when he see one.
    Posted by tallboy
    To be fair the horse has potential but needs some serious schooling!
    The horse balooned every hurdle and would have done Harvey Smith proud in a puissance!
    Could be a truly great horse but how long will it take to sort out it's greeness?